Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom (69999 Views)

Zahra Buhari And Her Husband Celebrate With Osinbajo On His 60th Birthday.Photos / President Buhari’s Daughter, Halima's Children / “life As President Muhammadu Buhari’s Daughter” – 20-year-old Zahra Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by teejah03(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
PUSH1:
Everybody has any option. Not only Nigerians study abroad. Some people would prefer going to Unilag for B.sc but doing Masters abroad while others prefer doing everything aboard. its a choice as long as the parents can afford it. Or as you saying that there are no wealthy nigerians studying in Unilag?

Obviously no,wealthy countless nigerians r skulin in unilag which op is trying to state
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by uncjay(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
olas24u:
Trash even the women in the Lagos market have kids studying in the same school.whats the big deal in studying in U.k and living there
fool! U must be thinking with your b**t, I don't really blame your clueless attitude, it show the extent to which you have been distorted...
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by saaedlee: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Meanwhile Jonathan's children are schooling in Nigeria
Buhari is supposedly penniless and had to beg from Amaechi to get registered as a candidate but can pay school fees for children in London
That is the fraud that is packaged as change

Ma'am, Jonathan's Children(biological) are schooling(primary and secondary) in Nigeria, quite right, they are schooling in Nigeria because no Parent would want to send a child to Primary or secondary school abroad. I can bet you that once both kids are graduate from High school, they will all be flown overseas for the university education.
It is also worthy to note that Buhari's isn't penniless as most pro-jonathan warriors paint him to be, being that GMB is a retired General of the Nigerian Army also he has occupied serveral positions in the Nigerian Government before.
Ma'am Osisi, I also want to let you knw that schooling abroad, London particularly, isn't that expensive! I am the sole-sponser of my kid brother who schools and lives in Coventry-UK, yet I am a Federal Civil Servant. Then why is everyone making a fuss about the Ex GCFR having a daughter schooling abroad?
Should you decide sending you kid to a foreign university tomorrow and your husband decide contest for a political position would you be seen as a "Fraud" hell no? (Pardon for mentioning your Husband).

Meanwhile, Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President!

God bless GMB
God Bless Nigeria
Peace

2 Likes

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Anglovel: 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
lurther:
Yes! No doubt, Buhari's daughter trended on twitter yesterday, after some of her pictures went viral. I am very happy for her that as a beautiful daughter of Buhari, a leading presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections, Priviledges like this come along.

I am not actually fused by Buhari's daughter trending because she is beautiful or she is Buhari's daughter, i am so shocked about the information i got about her.

The Information is that, Buhari's daughter is based and schooling in the united kingdom. She is a 400level student of microbiology in the university of surrey Uk according to lindaikeji.

My take on this:

1. It is no secret that why our politicians keep their children abroad, they use other people's children to achieve their aim.

2. Residing and schooling in the United Kingdom is very expensive. Buhari have been touted severally to be a saint that cant afford even a house, but, just one of his daughter that we have information on, is schooling in the Uk, I don't know about his other children.

3. It is high time nigerians as a whole begin to ask pertinent questions about our leaders and not just follow sheepishly whatever they hear. A politician will always be a politician.

4. Nigeria has pressing issues, very pressing issues, i actually do expect a Hashtag like #SayNoToTerrorism to trend amongst our youth in solidarity with the nigerian Army fighting night and day to end terrorism, but, it is a lady based in the UK that is trending.

5. Say No To Election Violence. #SayNoToElectionViolence should be our watchword. Why we kill ourselves, destroy our hard-earned properties, let us ask ourselves, were are the politicians of this children. Are their own properties even being tampered with?

My take on this issue is not just based on only Buhari's daughter, but on all politicians in these country. I strongly believe that, why they fight for power here, their children are somewhere abroad enjoying the perks of being offsprings of them.

#SayNoToTerrorism , #SayNoToElectionViolence

tks
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by iamrealdeji(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
theSpark:
I don't care where she's studying.

Would have been more concerned if she was studying in France.
Our country?
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by theSpark(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Our country?

Yes oh my brother.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by bayulll01(m): 3:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
xkris11:

But the details of that meeting has not been disclose to anyone or journalist.where and how did you get your report.are you telling me that Goodluck persuaded the pastors to beg with him contrarily to early report that OBJ called on the pastors to bear witness of what would be discussed.
Mr man that's undiluted info am giving u here
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
OP,

First of all where is your source?

In any case, Buhari declared his assets he has 5 homes and 150 cows amongst other assets.

His wife also runs her own business.

He is comfortable and like many other hardworking Nigerians he may be able afford to sponsors his children to study abroad, It is sensible to prioritise education of his children.

Any Nigerian that can afford to send their children to good university abroad, would do so. Nigerian universities a pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by olas24u(f): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
uncjay:
fool! U must be thinking with your b**t, I don't really blame your clueless attitude, it show the extent to which you have been distorted...

grin Did you see the amount of likes,they all agree with me. so Bleep you 1million times
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by olas24u(f): 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
uncjay:

But this your business of working online to distort the truth and propagate GEJ how much do you collect?Is it per Hr or round of figure.But you guys are really motivated
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Dosoq(f): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
fine geh

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by chiefeoba: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
WHY WOULD BUHARI SAYS HE IS HAVING ONLY 1M IN HIS ACCOUNT?WE ARE NOW QUESTIONING HIM ABOUT THIS ISSUE OF HIS DAUGHTER SCHOOLING ABROAD,AVERAGE NAIJA CAN AFFORD THIS BUT BECAUSE HE IS FIGHTING CORRUPTION IN HIS ROOM.WHERE IS HE GETTING THE MONEY TO PAY FOR IT?IS HE EVEN HAVING ONLY 1M EVERYDAY?WHERE IS HIS RETIREMENT SALARY?WHERE IS HE GETTING MONEY FOR HIS CAMPAIGN?MAY GOD HELP US ALL.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by trapangels: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
olas24u:

The system is the problem not the person,its a template and template is faulty ,you can but any body their the result will come out the same,,but at least we need to safe guard the country
i understnd u, bt u see i dnt just believe in dis GMB man. If it was anoda person apc brought, then i might ave fallen 4 them. Bt u see dis man, there is more to him dan u can see. There r lots of secret in dis politics of a tin n if u think u r voting 4 a party n nt d person, then u must be mistaking cus most of them fall out with dir party people @ tyms. So it is more of d person dan d part. Look @ lag 4 instance, its d person making d diff n nt d party. Cus if it is d party, then "all" apc states n nt some shld b d best.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by geefasee: 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Alphaoscar:
@ op, you are ignorant of the fact that when they say GMB is poor nobody is saying he is a pauper that can't live a comfortable live but what they are saying is that when you consider him with the wealth amass by officers even below his rank in Nigeria you will know he is indeed a poor former Head of State, a poor General and a poor ex-minister in Nigeria.

Their is a provision for GMB children educational upkeep in his pension package in case you don't know and the general's pension package can easily offset his children's education to any university in this world and you should also remember the fact that Mrs Buhari is not a full-time housewife that can't contribute meaningfully to the upkeep of the family.

what is even the big deal about sending someone's daughter abroad again when butchers, market women, teachers , retirees are sending their wards abroad for education.
sending your child to abroad is not the only issue here(ghana, togo, benin rep) are all abroad, but UK for that matter for a man that has only a million naira. Buhari is a wonderful lair.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Buhari: I have only 1million naira, but my pikin dh UK
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by olas24u(f): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
trapangels:

i understnd u, bt u see i dnt just believe in dis GMB man. If it was anoda person apc brought, then i might ave fallen 4 them. Bt u see dis man, there is more to him dan u can see. There r lots of secret in dis politics of a tin n if u think u r voting 4 a party n nt d person, then u must be mistaking cus most of them fall out with dir party people @ tyms. So it is more of d person dan d part. Look @ lag 4 instance, its d person making d diff n nt d party. Cus if it is d party, then "all" apc states n nt some shld b d best.

The presidential system of government is not good for our country ,it is expensive and breed corruption ,it is a do or die affair because the winner takes it all.The best candidates cannot win an election with this system.So you have to build bridges and reach agreements with different parties.But GEJ must make promises and actualize them.You cannot privatize a critical aspect of your economy 100% .electricity is very important for production and manufacturing ,the real economy is the production of goods and services for export and local consumption .Look at the shoes you are wearing,the shirt down to your briefs are not produced in Nigeria.So are we really stupid.4000 megawatts in a country of 170million.with all those your text book economist telling use nonsense everyday.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Dahveydson(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Dumb idio.t, the president's children school in Nigeria. As do the kids of many 'rich' people.
Stop reasoning like a chicken, the thousands of Nigerian students in diaspora are children of the poor? Be wise..
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
brownlord:

Nothing, but cretins like you who may even be more intelligent than Buhari's daughter are left to spend 6 years in Nigeria University with another one year of serving your country and then continue your selfless service in roaming the street of lagos searching for job.

You got to put your brain to use my friend, Why will buhari's daughter be schooling abroad? he goes for medical trip abroad while you struggle to get bed space in Luth. Mumu
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by 100Cents: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Clemzzz:
@op,you may be right but you wouldn't have said that if your dad had sent you schooling abroad.

Be objective for once. Can you actually afford paying school fees in UK and your parents left you here ?

Smh for Nigerian youth. If they tell you that Buhari is poor, ask them how much his bullet proof land cruiser jeep sells in the market.

I am talking about his personal car he uses in a convoy before the elections came about.. Not APC sponsored movement..
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Judie7654(f): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Come here and find out sweets...You can't say until you do..#it's all love
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Judie7654(f): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
olas24u:
Trash even the women in the Lagos market have kids studying in the same school.whats the big deal in studying in U.k and living there
come here and find out sweets... You can't say until you do...#it's all love
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by 100Cents: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Geeweeny:

Lol,couldn't help but laugh, so why are u not in UK studying or living?. this is the problem of Nigeria,maybe u should really check on how much a uni education cost for international students in UK

No mind the mumu boys.

They have never come close to seeking admission in a UK university.

That is why they can continue running their mouths about market women schooling their wards abroad..

One needs to set aside N20m to bag a degree in a UK institution without scholarships.

1 Like

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by 100Cents: 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
berem:
and I am still asking,what's so special about studying abroad? Even though your answer sounds vague,this is a baseless story.

Next!!

It is special o

Abeg sponsor me to UK for PhD..
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by 100Cents: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Promhize:
Your degree is an investment in your future career. Tuition fees for UK/EU students on our undergraduate degree programmes are currently set at £9,000 per year, so that we can continue to deliver a wonderful education and a degree that is rated by your future employers.

http://www.surrey.ac.uk/discover/undergraduate-tuition-fees-bursaries-scholarships-2015-entry

£9000 * 270 = N2430000

Note that that is for Uk/EU students, foreign students would pay nothing less than N3m and this is for tuition alone, excluding accommodation, and other charges, what about living allowances and everything?

From a man that wants us to believe he has just one million naira. OK even he could afford this for his daughter, how is he sustaining other children?

N3MILLION DIVIDED BY 12MONTHS is N250000/month, with all other allowances and fees, total cast of this girl studying abroad should hit at least N5m/year

N5MILLION DIVIDED BY 12MONTHS is approximately N417,000/month.

Please tell me how many average Nigerians earn such, how many market women earn such. Even doctors in our University don't earn such while professors earn a little over this.

By the time you take into consideration the cost of sustaining other members of the family... Or is she on scholarship?

Lets say they can afford it, the old argument of our leaders children studying abroad comes up.

Surrey is a low class university in UK.

Check for fees in Oxford, Cambridge, and Robert Gordon University.

Some APC boys here claim market women can pay school fees for kids in UK universities. Our people are so wounded by hunger and blinded from the truth..

1 Like

Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
olas24u:

Many Nigerians were born in the U.k and return back to Nigerian and then are back for university education at lower cost,because citizens don't pay the same fees,so some parents planned for their children why some did not and just because some people planned ,their will no need for trying bring them down

And how did you know this was the case with Buhari's children? Are you a family member?
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by OneNaira6: 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
mrmetoo1:
I'll just say this, I schooled in the US and I know for a fact that its not only rich kids that school abroad, as a matter of fact very far from it. I grew up in a pretty middle class home but there are some settings you get into in your school that you feel like the rich kid while other settings you feel like a pauper. A lot of students hustle their way to the US after they gain admission, maybe what they do is look for the first year school fees and work hard like there's not tomorrow to continue with student aid (scholarship). This is how most Nigerians got by in my school, even students from well to do families.

Do you honestly think she got in through scholarship? Or paying her tuition through scholarship. Granted it is possible for Nigerians, be it rich or pauper to go through school aboard, majority of the kids you described are not shopping in chanel or gucci. Neither are they paying hundreds for photoshoot. Let's think about it, the girl has to live in an apartment or house depending on where her father puts her at..depending on how nice it is will determine her monthly rent, internet, light, water, etc bill, then school books, food, car and gas depending on whether she drives. If she doesn't, daily transportation fee and much more. Let's assume she's paying her tuition by scholarship, what about the rest of her living expense. Her father claims he barely have much therefore, someone in her predicament wouldn't be shopping in stores too expensive for the average person.

Btw: student aid is meant specifically for students that are citizen. A Indian friend of mine is a 4.0gpa student yet till date, he's not receiving student aid. Loans and school scholarship, yes but the boy still have to hustle. The government refuses to help since he is not a us citizen. Idk if the policy is the same in uk.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by OneNaira6: 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
For those arguing about how her dad pays for her tuition, as long as her school is approved by different banks, she's eligible for loans so maybe that's how he pays for her tuition if we believe his story of being an average Joe man. With that being said, if that's how he's going about then most definitely, Buhari is the worst person to rule anybody.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by mrmetoo1: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
OneNaira6:

Do you honestly think she got in through scholarship? Or paying her tuition through scholarship. Granted it is possible for Nigerians, be it rich or pauper to go through school aboard, majority of the kids you described are not shopping in chanel or gucci. Neither are they paying hundreds for photoshoot. Let's think about it, the girl has to live in an apartment or house depending on where her father puts her at..depending on how nice it is will determine her monthly rent, internet, light, water, etc bill, then school books, food, car and gas depending on whether she drives. If she doesn't, daily transportation fee and much more. Let's assume she's paying her tuition by scholarship, what about the rest of her living expense. Her father claims he barely have much therefore, someone in her predicament wouldn't be shopping in stores too expensive for the average person.

Btw: student aid is meant specifically for students that are citizen. A Indian friend of mine is a 4.0gpa student yet till date, he's not receiving student aid. Loans and school scholarship, yes but the boy still have to hustle. The government refuses to help since he is not a us citizen. Idk if the policy is the same in uk.

I see a lot of assumptions here, even what I wrote earlier are all assumptions. I can't pronounce Buhari innocent out guilty based on what we don't know. All I did was to provide a scenario without having to spend that much.

Then I'm sorry where did you guys see the Gucci or Chanel? I've been seeing that story around but I've just decided not to comment. I've looked at the picture she's in a store and I don't see Gucci anywhere so how do you guys know it's a Gucci store?

Then you're totally and absolutely wrong that financial aid is meant for only citizens. When you ask me if I think she's on scholarship, my simple answer is why not? As long as she's bright she might be eligible.

Student housing was also provided for honor students in my school with a meal plan. In most cases this honor students got the best accommodation in school.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Weah96: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I see a lot of assumptions here, then I'm sorry where did you guys see the Gucci or Chanel? I've been seeing that story around but I've just decided not to comment. I've looked at the picture she's in a store and I don't see Gucci anywhere so how do you guys know it's a Gucci store?

Then you're totally and absolutely wrong that financial aid is meant for only citizens. When you ask me if I think she's on scholarship, my simple answer is why not? As long as she's bright she might be eligible.

Permanent residents in the US qualify for almost anything. Is the girl a resident or an international student? That is the million dollar question. My guess, she's paying CASH.
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by mrmetoo1: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Weah96:

Permanent residents in the US qualify for almost anything. Is the girl a resident or an international student? That is the million dollar question. My guess, she's paying CASH.

What are you saying? Permanent residents qualify for anything, who disputed that? What I'm saying is international students too get financial aid well. I thank God you said "guess" you don't know. We all can "guess" whatever story makes us sleep better
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by OneNaira6: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I see a lot of assumptions here, then I'm sorry where did you guys see the Gucci or Chanel? I've been seeing that story around but I've just decided not to comment. I've looked at the picture she's in a store and I don't see Gucci anywhere so how do you guys know it's a Gucci store?

[i]Then you're totally and absolutely wrong that financial aid is meant for only citizens. [/i]When you ask me if I think she's on scholarship, my simple answer is why not? As long as she's bright she might be eligible.

I'm in school in USA. For each year, I have to prove my citizenship in that country before I receive any form of financial assistance from the government. If you do not have a social security number or permanent residencies or came in as a refugee or haitian , you are not eligible for financial aid. Foreigners can receive financial assistance from the school alone or private company, but not the government. And for those form of assistance, the students has to be the best of the best. Even then the assistance they give cannot pay the entire tuition 95% time unless the students got in with a full scholarship from the school.

International students are not eligible for the US government aid programs (Pell Grant, SEOG Grant, Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan, PLUS Loan, and Federal Work-Study).

http://www.edupass.org/finaid/fafsa.phtml
Are you sure you schooled in us?
Re: Zahra - Buhari's Daughter - Lives & Studies In The United Kingdom by Weah96: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What are you saying? Permanent residents qualify for anything, who disputed that? What I'm saying is international students too get financial aid well. I thank God you said "guess" you don't know. We all can "guess" whatever story makes us sleep better

Really? I didn't know that international students qualify for aid. My close friend in college was an international student, and his father paid his tuition with cash wired directly to the school. He was always complaining about how lucky I was.

I was under the impression that an income verification letter from a sponsor is required before the student even travels abroad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Fashola's 8 Years And Gej/FG/All PDP State's 16 Years Record. Compare. PICS.... / Robert Mugabe Sleeping At Buhari’s Inauguration: Pic Released By Saharareporters / Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail (See Bail Conditions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.