Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? (47975 Views)

Jonathan Begins Gradual Movement Out Of Aso Rock / Patience: I Haven't Packed Out Of Aso Rock / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2008
Has anyone got pictures of Aso Rock (president's official residence). I've always wondered what it looks like. Searched on the net and never found one. Just that we see the White House, No 10 etc but Aso Rock seems to be a guarded secret or I've simply not looked in the right place(s)?
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by gamerod: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2008
google images will show you lots of Aso Rock pictures!
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by tpia: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2008
Just been on google images, there were a number of pictures with Obj and Yaradua allegedly in the villa but none of the villa itself.

There are pictures of Aso Rock as in the Rock itself on google images but that's not what I'm after; interested in the villa.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Arnold1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2008
This is a picture of OBJ hosting Mrs Laura Bush inside the Aso Rock villa

This is a satellite picture of Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja from Google earth
On the left is the residence, while the right is the office and administrative complex

Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2008
Thanks. I'll try google earth if one can zoom in any closer.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:53am On Dec 19, 2008
Ilelobola:

Has anyone got pictures of Aso Rock (president's official residence). I've always wondered what it looks like. Searched on the net and never found one. Just that we see the White House, No 10 etc but Aso Rock seems to be a guarded secret or I've simply not looked in the right place(s)?

abi you wan plan coup? grin
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2008
RICHIE BOI:

abi you wan plan coup? grin

I love my fellow Nigerians and wish/hope life would be better for all however I love my daughter, husband, the rest of my family and even life itself more. Hence I will not take such risks. I believe in genuine democracy not coups. It just seems abnormal that images of the place are not there on the web for people to see like you can see that of other countries. Maybe it’s just that of the more deloveped countries that are freely available. I’ll just have to keep imagining what it looks like until someone I know moves in and I can go visit them or parts of it are open to the public like they do in the US.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by DRANOEL(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
see aso rock

Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by DRANOEL(m): 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2008
and another

Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by tpia: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2008

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2008
My bad, probably been in the UK too long and wrongly assumed since it was built with public funds and belongs to the people we would at least see what it looks like. Even Ghana masef, we’ve seen what their new Jubilee House looks like.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by tpia: 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Ilelobola: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
Picture or no picture, there will always be bad belle and plenty cursing (which unfortunately doesn't work). Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what your point is. You said there is no law that requires the image to be available. I agreed. There is no law that says it shouldn't be either. Surely it's not asking too much to see what the building/place looks like.

In all my 14 years in the UK (and yes I've been here too long!), I've visited Nigeria at least once each year for 6 weeks to 3 months at a time so I am not that out of touch. My parents, siblings and friends don't live in slums and gutters in Nigeria. I don't need to believe every rubbish the western media/charities feed people about my country or any other country for that matter.

And before someone says what about all those that live in slums and gutters, I agree no one should live in those conditions but my family/friends moving out of their houses to live in the slums and gutters will not help these people neither will bringing all of them to live in their houses.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Echidime(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2009
What are Nigerian Government Afraid of in posting the the full picture of ASO ROCK VILLA on the net? WHITE HOUSE is available for the world to see.

I think we are copying the Americans,while not copy them to the last and post our presidential villa on line
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by otokx(m): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2009
Aso Villa supposed to be one of the symbols of Nigeria but alas those at the top are too busy stealing all the money.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by romeo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2009
tpia:

there's no law stating the images have to be on the web for people to see. What's abnormal there.

It's a building funded by the public and should be at least available for the Nigerian public to see even though in image forms. But we all know that they are afraid to show Nigerians way too much opulence and grandeur in exhibition there. The Google sat picture is awesome and can give you an idea of what that place looks like.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Tonim(f): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
We need a new occupant at aso rock
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by youngies(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
Any photographer who takes pictures of the villa will caught, charged for espionage and shot.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by gozzilla(m): 12:39pm On Feb 14, 2011
Its an old thread, yes I know, but is the image not just beautiful. Anybody got a closer view.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Mobinga: 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2011
Whoa 17k views and less than 20 posts??
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by nastydamus(m): 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ha! Wherever is Becomrich(0,n,m,, ) when you need him the most? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by Bawss1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 14, 2011
youngies:

Any photographer who takes pictures of the villa will caught, charged for espionage and shot.

For real. They frown on cameras in the villa.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by gozzilla(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
Like someone said earlier, "I thought it was public property". And see me wishing I could form patriotic and use it as my screenssaver to express my love for Nigeria. I love my country.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by oderemo(m): 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2011

y you dey yarn okpata now,
my good friend dayo adedayo took numerous pictures of head of states at aso rock.
check him on face book.
best photographer ever. true.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by gozzilla(m): 3:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
I searched for Dayo Adedayo and guess where I found him. On facebook, certainly, but also on romancescam dot com.

I found his hompage at dayoadedayo dot com. Since he is your friend can you advice him to work on getting his picture off that romancescam site.

Thanks for the information sha.
Re: Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any? by oderemo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^
thanks for the info. this scammers respect no one.

(1) (Reply)

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate / Emir Sanusi And Osinbajo In A Closed-Door Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.