Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,841 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) (47030 Views)

Tony Nwulu Launches Not Too Young To Run Bill Campaign At United Nation Assembly / Buhari's Presidential Campaign At Agege Stadium (Pictures) / Lady Who Organised Anti-buhari Campaign At Chathamhouse London Exposed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:
what is wring with this drunk guy called Jonathan.
does he expect buhari to think like foolishly like him.

read the reason y buhari stop d train then.

he cancelled the proposed Lagos metro rail line project
that was initiated by the government of Alhaji Lateef
Jakande because he did not want to take more loans or
devalue the naira. The Lagos metro rail line was
designed by the Jakande government to facilitate
transportation within Lagos and surroundings but was
terminated when Buhari military regime took over in
December, I983. Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on
Wednesday at the presentation of his party manifesto,
said when he got into power, the relatively stable
economy, which was handed over to the government of
Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly plundered and
corruption was rife in every sector.

buhari for President
buhari for change

So cancelling of Lagos metro (a Lagos State project) was the solution to 9ja's economic problem while building Abuja (Northern region) from scratch was not a problem. Let people be fooling themselves.

So imagine that Fashola's projects were cancelled like 5 years ago. Na wa o.
The Northerners really know how to use people o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by RedArrow: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks, I really appreciate that, corrected.

Meanwhile, I wasn't abusing Mr president, I was only stating the obvious
Empero1:

Before you further your abuse toward Mr president , try to learn the difference between " ply " and " plight " . Thank me later if you are the responsible type .
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Goddex:
Buhari cancelled the Lagos rail
system instead

#Failbuhari 14, 2015

My dear nor bother yourself. In 9ja, Stockholm syndrome is very common. People love those who suppress, humiliate and brutalise them.
People want more suffering, let them vote in GMB.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by holatin(m): 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
AreaFada2:

So cancelling of Lagos metro (a Lagos State project) was the solution to 9ja's economic problem while building Abuja (Northern region) from scratch was not a problem. Let people be fooling themselves.

So imagine that Fashola's projects were cancelled like 5 years ago. Na wa o.
The Northerners really know how to use people o.
what's dis one saying
am owning five naira
if I decide to add to my project at that moment, what will happen ?

my debt rate will go high.
Maybe you love a country with more debt than usual.
re you Jonathan student ?

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by iphex(m): 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
LMAyedun:
If you support GMB you are a progressive and a patriot, if you support GEJ you'd been paid.

GEJ till 2019

You've been paid.

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by holatin(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ozin:

Jeez! See voodoo economists on rampage. He cancelled a project that would have economically transformed the Lagos/Nigerian economy that should have made in profit 3 times the loan that was collected, and some dumb ars-e lickers like their certificate-less general are making dumb excuses on why he stopped the project. Na God go save us from Tinubu and his boys
wetin dis one dey talk ?
do you add to debt when the already available debt is at his apex point.

you must be a Jonathan student

ask from your paymaster “what happened to the
USD30billion Yar’adua left in the excess crude account
that is virtually empty now?

try and ask how much Nigeria is owning at the moment

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by munex007(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
temitemi1:
All hail GEJ!!!

You again!!

Why are you so used to Mediocrity?

We deserve more than this 18th century Train system

2 Likes

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by holatin(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
franksam2009:
u be big mumu, go and do your research well be opening your dirty mouth here
since o be Mumu,maybe you can educate me by countering what I said.
as clueless as jonathan

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by santana45: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:

buhari for President
buhari for change
But paid off the contractors with amount as high as completing the project. What do people believe? Buhari may seem to be a saint now, but definitely not the change Nigeria and Nigerians seek. G.E.J until we get a competent leader.

2 Likes

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by redcliff: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Zico5:
The problem in Nigeria is grdually reducing since masses re getting enlighted on daily basis. I look forward to seeing better Nigeria in which campaigns re based on massive achievement that is devoid of sentiment. PDP government still think that masses re still living in 19 century. If this is all we could see in complete 6 years of rulling then we should collectively say no to this scam. We deserve better than what these people re parading as an achievement. Comes february, the story will change then Nigeria will begin a new glorious journey

I was reading through i thought you wanted to say somethimg provoking.. you did not.. thanks.. i quite agree with you that if this is only what the government parades as achievement in the last 6years then there is an undefined number of kilometers this country still needs to go to be liberated. The thing is that nigerians so gullible would buy this piece of crap used to score cheap political points.. now my question is this , why campaign on a railway station if its not planned and if the govt so insists that the resucitated the rail system those coaches on that rail track look older than this govt.. if gej really claims this was done in his time im wondering why he went ahead to buy crap trains used in the early 1900s.. now he has been able to pull this stunt, lets see what other stunt he can pull in other states

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by redcliff: 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ozin:

Jeez! See voodoo economists on rampage. He cancelled a project that would have economically transformed the Lagos/Nigerian economy that should have made in profit 3 times the loan that was collected, and some dumb ars-e lickers like their certificate-less general are making dumb excuses on why he stopped the project. Na God go save us from Tinubu and his boys

Its obvious you are not economically wise

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by sanmibukunmi: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
bushdoc9919:
In fairness to Buhari...thanks to the wreckage of our economy left behind by Shagari and company..as well as the fact that there wasn't enough money in the treasury too thanks to the drastic 1982 drop in oil prices.......and the fact that he spent 20 months in power....railways were not high on his priority list.

Lagos metro would have further indebted the Nigerian economy....which was in trouble thanks to Shagari and co.

Oh...and our railway system was still working then....it went downhill during IBB's rule.(In my opinion....1991-92 was the period it really began to go badly for the railways).

It's complicated.

And FYI---I support the candidate who will get us off oil...and neither Buhari or Jonathan fits the bill.

PS...Why celebrate a train that still takes 24 hours to get to Kano from Lagos.?
You Sir are a Genius.....finally sm1 dt thinks Normal

2 Likes

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by holatin(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
santana45:
But paid off the contractors with amount as high as completing the project. What do people believe? Buhari may seem to be a saint now, but definitely not the change Nigeria and Nigerians seek. G.E.J until we get a competent leader.
what ??
pls give. me a link to that

1 Like

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
Clearly an orchestrated move by GEJ's team. I was wondering why they decided to use station road instead of the stadium.
That wasn't an interruption, it was a subtle exhibition.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by aariwa(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
That train reminds me of a movie i watched as a kid Burning train.The movie was made in 1978
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by akinwa1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:

buhari for President
buhari for change

Are you telling me that Buhari (The President) stopped the Lagos (state) metro system because Shagari & co badly plundered d economy?
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Goddex:
"Buhari had the opportunity to ensure an effective mass transit system in the country but he did not do anything about it.
We have done reasonably well despite the challenges before us. All of you saw the train that just passed through this place now. We promised to resuscitate railway and we did it. All of you saw the train; we can even end the campaign with that.

“Those who have the opportunity to do it but did not do anything about it and they want to come back now. Don’t allow them. Mass transit cannot work by using small buses, you need train which will be cheaper.”

The President said that his administration was planning the railway line that would link Lagos State with the eastern part of the nation to make transportation of people and goods safer and cheaper.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-had-his-chance-but-failed-says-jonathan/

Oga Jona, trains won't be cheaper, it will only help ease transportations. Most trains do not go inwards so a commuter would still need to get a bus to his or her onward destination after getting of the train.
I live in Manchester and except you book well in advance, trains are more expensive than buses
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:
what's dis one saying
am owning five naira
if I decide to add to my project at that moment, what will happen ?

my debt rate will go high.
Maybe you love a country with more debt than usual.
re you Jonathan student ?

Ol boy forget that pseudo economics. Have you thought about the economic benefit of Lagos Metro? The effect on Lagos & Ogun State economy? Were you even old enough to know what's up in 1983?

My question now is Abuja & Lagos, which is/was of more economic benefit to Nigeria that deserves spending money on?

Even the mighty US owes trillions of dollars. Yet they do capital projects for the future.

Owing reasonably is not the problem, managing it is what matters.

Are you trying to convince anyone that GMB has a superior economic brain to Jakande?
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Goddex:
"Buhari had the opportunity to ensure an effective mass transit system in the country but he did not do anything about it.
We have done reasonably well despite the challenges before us. All of you saw the train that just passed through this place now. We promised to resuscitate railway and we did it. All of you saw the train; we can even end the campaign with that.

“Those who have the opportunity to do it but did not do anything about it and they want to come back now. Don’t allow them. Mass transit cannot work by using small buses, you need train which will be cheaper.”

The President said that his administration was planning the railway line that would link Lagos State with the eastern part of the nation to make transportation of people and goods safer and cheaper.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-had-his-chance-but-failed-says-jonathan/

@ the President: Trains won't be cheaper, it will only help ease transportation. Most trains do not go inwards so a commuter would still need to get a bus to his or her onward destination after getting of the train.
I live in Manchester and except you book well in advance, trains are more expensive than buses
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by nationwide1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:

buhari for President
buhari for change
He terminated the project because he didn't want to take loan but he ended up paying more than the loan for terminating the project. That's the height of cluelessness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by HugeMac: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:

buhari for President
buhari for change
OLODO! AND HE WAS HAPPY TO PAY BREACH OF CONTRACT COSTING MORE, THAT TRAIN WOULD HAVE ADDED MORE VALUE TO THE LIVES OF THE CITIZENS AND CREATED JOBS , U THINK LIKE A COW ,

4 Likes

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by samplegirl(f): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]
holatin:

Jakande because [color=#990000][/color].The Lagos metro rail line was

buhari for President
buhari for change

The red lettered above sums it all. Buhari told you that the if Lagos took more LOAN as a state it will force the Naira to crash and you believed it right? And now that Lagos is groping in darkness of traffic jam the Naira is dusting the Dollar. But you did not ask him what remedy did he fashon out to alleviate the transport challenge.

Bible said God regreted creating MAN and I want to believe that the reason then is still playing out. Human being want CHANGE, as a result they have changed from resoning with their brain and now reason with their ANUS.

3 Likes

Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Eziachi: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is what this people calls train? An outdated 19th century train you see now only in places like Sri Lanka, that what they bought in 2015 with chest beating. And Osogbo had always had trains even in the darkest period of Nigeria history.
Can someone show this people what a modern train with a modern stations and platform looks like even Kenya, Ethiopia etc.
Will Jonathan ride an equivalent of this train in one of his 11 jets?
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
nationwide1:
He terminated the project because he didn't want to take loan but he ended up paying more than the loan for terminating the project. That's the height of cluelessness.

And from 1985 to 2015 all subsequent leaders have not been able to do something.
Buhari did what was best at the time he was Leader. So it was left for other Leaders to do their best or worst. Unfortunately the naira has been devalued and we rely heavily on Importation. Even the US have got problems with their transport network that's why almost every one drives a car. That is what Nigeria copied. If we had being in line with UK then we would not be in this problem.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by sweetlady4real(f): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
All I want in Nigeria is good government and good leadership. I am not bothered about the party in power, my only concern is that the right person should be at the helm of affair of my country, Nigeria. If the president of Nigeria who is seeking for another tenure in office can try to use this type of train to score a point and also say all those statements then that means we still have a long way to go. I think he was a university proffessor, if so, I expect more from Him. Nigerians are not fools. God bless Nigeria.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Bayswater: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
holatin:

buhari for President
buhari for change

Please go over the trash you wrote here again, then remove the Buhari veil on your face; does it make any sense to you? How will a rail project that a part payment has been made for devalue the Naira?

Please give knowledgeable reasons, not the rhetoric buharamists have been peddling around.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:
This is what this people calls train? An outdated 19th century train you see now only in places like Sri Lanka, that what they bought in 2015 with chest beating. And Osogbo had always had trains even in the darkest period of Nigeria history.
Can someone show this people what a modern train with a modern stations and platform looks like. Will Jonathan ride an equivalent of this train in one of his 11 jets?
You are soooo on point.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Capitano1(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
What we need are trains with supersonic speed not this night crawler i see here.Buhari u are the change we want.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by vascey(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
That is some security risk.
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by nellycobs: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tell your Buhari that there is no word like Senatorses. Listen to his speech in Owerri and will be ashamed of the change you want.

RedArrow:
story for the gods...Osun people no send you.

Train or locomotive?

Mind you, Locomotive always ply Lagos-Ibadan-Oshogbo route before this Otuoke man had shoe

I rep Change, I rep Buhari/Osinbajo till GEJ knows the difference btw Train and Locomotive

FTC thing...
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by Eziachi: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
nationwide1:
If you have ever done any serious business or managed fund, you will know that it is done everywhere as we speak with serious nations and multinational corporations.
During economic downturns, you cancel big projects, cut down spending, especially the one that has a long term accumulative interest.
Only a fool will go and borrow more when creditors are knocking on his door, because you cannot service your debt with oil at $8 a barrel, domestic debt almost as equal as the foreign debt and austerity measures already introduced by Shagari biting the masses.
If Buhari hate Lagos so much, how many people had ruled Nigeria since 1985 including Jonathan for six years and how many governors has Lagos had since 1985, why non of them has revived the project having been selling oil on average of over $100 for the last16 years and debt free by 2007?
Re: A Train Interrupted Jonathan Campaign at Oshogbo (Pictures) by HzRF(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
RedArrow:
story for the gods...Osun people no send you.

Train or locomotive?

Mind you, Locomotive always ply Lagos-Ibadan-Oshogbo route before this Otuoke man had shoe

I rep Change, I rep Buhari/Osinbajo till GEJ knows the difference btw Train and Locomotive

FTC thing...

Do u know what is happening in osun state?

Continue ur online permutations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leah Olusiyi Solomon Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock. Photos / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu / I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.