Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) (48068 Views)

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS / Owo, Ondo Bank Robbery Photo (Viewers Discretion) / Photos From A Robbery Attack In Ikare, Lagos This Evening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Larow(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Chaiii! See as cold Catch me
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by experimentist: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
As in, how come those cops got shot right in the van.. Weren't they busting back?
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by shakol91(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
shakol91:
With my observation,I think if there is first bank in Ikare Akoko-Ondo state or any town that starts with I in kogi state and has first bank should get ready. (I)faki Ekiti----(I)kole Ekiti---(I)kere Ekiti.
. I said it in 2014 and it happened in 2015. RIP to the dead

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by chidekings(m): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
shakol91:
. I said it in 2014 and it happened in 2015. RIP to the dead

so make we start to dey fear u

2 Likes

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Ninilowo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
olapluto:
JOoo na tan!
Beeni oooo. O ti naa tan.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by kilar5(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
May their soul rest in peace
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by yinfem(f): 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
What a wasted life! undecided may God grant him eternal rest
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by rotadeco27: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
Those guys are very sharp shooters, the kinetics nd therefore the wounding power of those bullets was no doubt enormous
RIP
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by swagwu(m): 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
oyin01:
so how did they gain enterance into the city and out of the city... And of course why was there no military intervention during the robbery attack. Get ur facts together and this is Neither an apc or pdp affairs. Cos at the end of the election, we will all be Nigerians. Irrespective of our political parties and differences.
u ar a fool xo GEJ sent thives to rubb nd kill right so there has been no case of rubbry b4 GEJs tenure ? u use every slightest opotunity to campain 4 ur old bigot...IDIOT
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Bowaley17(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
Daylight Robbery Can't happen in France where i schooled....
IamBOWALEY
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by tumaraya: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
Chai,may the souls of those tht died rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by shakol91(m): 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
chidekings:

so make we start to dey fear u
you don't need to fear. I critically study how they operate and I guessed right. They've been following this plan for so many years and I don't know why first bank or NPF can't decode this. I don't know if NPF is care to listen,they should beef up security in Akure and some other towns and also Kogi state... Pls let them beef up security in KOGI state
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Xfemt(m): 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
lomprico:
So because of 1 person, 20 people have died. Diaris Gwordio!

Another fool won start.....

1 Like

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Smooth278(m): 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
himkers:

stop being foolish....Is it now the duty of soldiers to protect ordinary citizens and their properties, banks inclusive?? what is now the work and duty of our police officers? you must not politicize everything to smear the other group.

God bless you for this reply Bro, you spoke my mind exactly... people get so foolish trying to politicise everything!!!
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Crispels(m): 10:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
masterpower:
LIES FROM THE USSUAL APC SPELL-BOUND SUPPORTER.

THE SOLDIERS AT THE ENTRANCE ON THE HIGHWAY WERE NEVER WITHDRAWN BY ANYBODY. THEY WERE ON DUTY.

nonsense... am from this town that was robbed.... the soldiers were taken to rally in Ado,Leaving others at the mercy of robbers who had since written letters to the banks there....
this is not the first or second time robbers would come in this version,That was why they brought soldiers to the town to protect the people.... Exposing thousands of people because of an individual is inhuman!!!!

and you don't know what you are saying,The road is not an highway... Just a single lane road.... tommyrot!!

1 Like

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by kaybosedemi(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
As at the time I posted the story below on the Ikare robbery , I never knew a family member was involved. He was going back to his station after the burial of his mother last Saturday. The robbers collected his car and shot him afterwards . The sad story is that wife is a nursing mother. Those police men unfortunately ran into them. They never knew any robbery was going on. Another strange thing about these guys is that they shot most of the victims either on the head or neck. They were not given any chance to survive. It was a terrible experience. A guy was shot just because his phone rang while already lying down. It was a black day. The family member was buried yesterday. The robbers also killed people in other towns while they were escaping. May God deliver quick justice on the robbers. May they never know peace in Jesus name. Amen.............
THE STORY

It was a horrific scene in my peaceful town of Ikare Akoko yesterday. When I first heard the initial sounds,I thought they were sound from people blasting rocks not knowing those sounds were sounds of terror.Bombs were going off as if it was a battle ground. Gun shots rained the air like water dropping from the sky. We got to know it was a robbery attack when my neighbour called his wife from where he was lying down in his office . He was already praying to God because one of the robbers was stationed right in front of his office spraying all the shops around. Thank God he couldn't lock his door. Most of the shops that were locked were sprayed with bullet. By this time, he was hiding under the rug in his office and praying to God to open the ground for him to hide there. My mums shop was sprayed. Though she doesn't use the shop. The shop was rented out to somebody. Some occupants were able to escape over the fence to Victory College and Lennon Jubilee high school. The robbers killed without mercy. Those mobile police men were coming from another town and unfortunately ran into them. They were all shot in the car they were in. They were about 5. Before they came into town , they had already destroyed the main police station at igbede killing about 5 civilians at the police station. All the banks in the town were touched. A security guard at first bank said the guy beside him was shot because his phone rang while they were all lying on the door. Bank customers were shot, shop owners were killed. Sad to tell you that the girl that sold the wheat we are still eating at home was killed in the attack. Her head was removed with bullet. We also heard that they were still shooting while they were leaving the town. Other innocent people were also killed. At Jubilee alone , over 10 bodies were counted, excluding casualties in the various banks. By the time we sum up all, I think we should be having over 20 victims. aThey have been coming to rob as usual in the town almost every year, but the lives that were lost yesterday were just too many . Guys, it was a terrible scene. Ikare Akoko mourns. Where else do we run to. First bank had to relocate from their former place at garage to Jubilee cos their former branch there was bombed to the ground in their last attack. Their new branch at Jubilee was opened early last year. All the banks in the town were robbed.Ikare Akoko is in ONDO state and not Lagos. The armoured vehicle of the police men that tried to face them was lifted from the road into the gutter with bomb.This is our plight in Ikare Akoko on a yearly basis. Where do we run to? Why kill innocent and harmless people? May God help us.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by tolababa(m): 11:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
See what armed robber has turned Ikare to.
My town need serious help
God pls intervene
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by ify84(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
oyin01:
so how did they gain enterance into the city and out of the city... And of course why was there no military intervention during the robbery attack. Get ur facts together and this is Neither an apc or pdp affairs. Cos at the end of the election, we will all be Nigerians. Irrespective of our political parties and differences.

U mean ALL the soldiers were taken out at once..... Meanwhile, what is the work of the police,

1 Like

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Trustyd1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
zicky:
My. Sister husband working with first bank in ekiti told me exactly wat the op just said, dis is not about politics, at the time the robbery was going on they wz no military. Presence in the state
so is it the duty of the military to fight arm robbery? if yes then what is the duty of the police? o i forgot, to collect #50 on the road or demand for transfer to onitsha, nnewi, awka and entire Anambra state so that they will be going after all the bike in the state packing them to the station coleecting #5k each. here in Anambra "we thank God for the peace we are having here" throughout the festive period there was no single case of arm robbery in the state, that was first time as far as i know. but there way these men in black molest and intimidates motorist and cyclist in the state, as okada people and private cyclist. they fear police more than robbers. is either drivers licence, receipt, or one particulars or the other. but in Kogi state and some urban areas of Abuja where i do visit. okada dont even have registration number (plate number) yet no one stops them.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Deejaygold(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
holluwai:
My hometown!!!! But why?

ℓ̊ lived in Ikare for more than 2 years. ℓ̊ was there when they (Robbers) bombed T̶̲̥̅̊н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇e̶̲̥̅̊ old First Bank
Chai, na wa OOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo
R.ℓ̊.P
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Goodquestion(m): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
NAIJA WAS ONCE PEACEFUL BUT STORIES ARE CHANGING. LORD GRANT US UR MERCIES QND RESTORE US PEACE AND SALVATION. AMEN!!!
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by zicky(m): 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
Trustyd1:
so is it the duty of the military to fight arm robbery? if yes then what is the duty of the police? o i forgot, to collect #50 on the road or demand for transfer to onitsha, nnewi, awka and entire Anambra state so that they will be going after all the bike in the state packing them to the station coleecting #5k each. here in Anambra "we thank God for the peace we are having here" throughout the festive period there was no single case of arm robbery in the state, that was first time as far as i know. but there way these men in black molest and intimidates motorist and cyclist in the state, as okada people and private cyclist. they fear police more than robbers. is either drivers licence, receipt, or one particulars or the other. but in Kogi state and some urban areas of Abuja where i do visit. okada dont even have registration number (plate number) yet no one stops them.
I don't think this trend is about police vs military bt security of life and property in Nigeria, If soldiers can follow one politician like house-boy then they should be ready to do both the duty of police and soldier

1 Like

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by molas02: 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
oyin01:
Guy na today security dey dey for road wey omo aye go pass dem? Even dem go ask policeman to lydownflat, abi u never c police informant for rubbers? Abegi na God dey guid us for dis country fa.....i pity dt mobile man oooo....RIP bro
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by molas02: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
olapluto:
JOoo na tan!
Na wa for una for dis country sha, anythin na president, even if u inpregnate ur wife na jona.....ode
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by babtunns(m): 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
oyin01:
so how did they gain enterance into the city and out of the city... And im not sure there was any military intervention during the robbery attack. Get ur facts together and please this is Neither an apc or pdp affairs, If you see every man in Nigeria as your brother and every woman as your sister. Besides, at the end of the election, we will all still be Nigerians. Irrespective of our political parties and differences. God bless Nigeria.

even if army dey on ground DAT doesn't stop robbers that came in a broad day light , may d life of lost soul rest in peace
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Dexema(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
I'm guessin these robbers crossed into Ondo from other states with very accurate info frm an insider,buh come to think of it killing 20pple and wounding many others in one operation how senseless! And then some pple would say we should stop giving death sentence for armed robbery.This is just gruesome,RIP to the dead and quick recoery to the wounded.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by porka: 12:06am On Jan 16, 2015
This is not armed robbery.

This is terrorism!

1 Like

Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Situation001(m): 12:12am On Jan 16, 2015
it seems jonatan and blood shed are attached..
anywhere he goes there must be blood shed around the area..

I'm suspecting the pig
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by olu77(m): 12:16am On Jan 16, 2015
lirusehn:

i swear you have the brain of a pig undecided

Atleast I have a brain I am still better than you. Just remain in that little space in your mother's womb where you belong.
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by modestdude(m): 12:21am On Jan 16, 2015
oyin01:
so how did they gain enterance into the city and out of the city... And im not sure there was any military intervention during the robbery attack. Get ur facts together and please this is Neither an apc or pdp affairs, If you see every man in Nigeria as your brother and every woman as your sister. Besides, at the end of the election, we will all still be Nigerians. Irrespective of our political parties and differences. God bless Nigeria.
Please what are the duties of the Police and Soldiers?
I learnt Police deals with internal security while the Army deals with insecurity caused by external invasion and warfare. Conflicts and Civil unrest inclusively. Why do we always blame the Army for the inability of the Police to do their Job? The guns the army use, are they superior than the ones Police use.
When will our Police face robbers squarely and defeat them in gun battle? Nigerian Army already have enough in their hands to contend with.

RIP to the fallen officers and citizens
Re: Ikare Bank Robbery: The Real Story & Photos (Viewers Discretion) by Nicklaus(m): 12:23am On Jan 16, 2015
oyin01:
. See them as brothers and sisters Is that how you give weight to your partial views. You are obviously on a side. And if u think you are neutral I m dying to know where you got those facts from. Same thing happened at the state capital Akure, about 3 yrs back, were the soldiers on guard also assigned to provide security for at least a year old sworn in president ? The question is what if they didn't have to come in through a major entrance into the town, what if the culprits are the town people, which is highly possible, because according to sources the armed-robbers started with the police stations over there. So get your facts straight as well and stop using the medium for a strategic campaign. May their souls R.I.P.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Arrested For Raping Boy At Police Station They Were Detained In / Man Beaten By Soldiers Who Mistook Him For Someone Else In Oyigbo, Rivers State / Houseboy Steals His Boss' N10 Million Toyota Prado, Sells it for N50k (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.