Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Should I Take Him Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Take Him Back? (2828 Views)

How Do I Take My Fiance Virginity Without Hurting Her? / Agbeg Help.... Apart From Tramadol.. What Else Can I Take? / ITS Just Our 1st Date And She Brought Condoms, "Should I Take Her Serious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take Him Back? by oriental: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2008
Hi everyone.i am so sad as i am posting this but i just have 2 put myself together cos i desperately need ur advice.
I have been going out with my boyfriend 4 the past 4yrs.it actually started while i was still in secondary school then he was in 100 level and he is the only guy i have dated.i love him so much and he loves me a lot too but the problem is that he is too jealous.i am in 300level now and he recently just started working.he is always jealous whenever he sees me with another guy but i always feel that it is because he loves me so much and didnt pay much attention to it.
Most of all my hallmates in my school are guys and we always feel free with one another.atimes some guys can come and watch t.v in my room and vice versa and we even read together cs we aere all coursemates.recently,i was in my room with 1 of my hallmates,he was lying down on my bed we were actually reading when my boyfriend came in.he saw d guy and wtout even saying anything he jst dashed out.i went after him 2 explain 2 him but he jst entered his car and drove off.u can imagine the embarrassment in the presence of other students.i went back 2 my room in shame.the guy that was wt me was so sad that he caused me the trouble,he even wanted to call his no 2 explain 2 him so i gave him. i was crying in my room when i saw his no calling me.i didnt pick.then he sent a text message begging me dt d guy called him.he then came back 2 my house and started begging me dt he thought i was cheating on him.i made him promise me dt he wl not accuse me and dt he should trust me.he promised and travelled back to his place of work.
Things were going on smoothly until the day my cousin came to visit me in school.we were discussing when my boyfriend entered.i knew he was already angyr so i immediately wanted to inroduce my cousin to him.dt one was even smiling cos i had already been gisting him abt him.when i introduced him,he didnt even greet him so dt 1 lft.he then started accusing me of sleeping around dt i am always wt guys.dt rily got me mad and i told him 2 go 2 hell afteral we are not yet married so i can live my life.before i knew wt was happening,h slapped me the force was so much dt al my hallmates ran out.i fell on the ground.my friends started beging him 2 leave me alone and he left.i was already crying i was so ashamed of myself.ever since theh he has been begging me 2 4giv me because he later found out that the guy is truly my cousin he has even gone to my house to beg my parents,he has begged my hallmates.he snt some1 to tel me dt he is no longer concentrating at work.i stil love him very mch but i cant jst 4get the fact dt he beat me cos of something i didnt do and i know that if i 4give him,it will only take sometime before he starts accusing me again.people have been telling me 2 leave him but i cant live wtout him.do u guys tink i should accept him back?
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 18, 2008
shocked what?

You beter un-love this wife beater real fast.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by OgaMadam(f): 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2008
past behaviour is a predictor of future behaviour.

OFTEN GURLS GET MARRIED AND THEN THEY SAY STUFF LIKE, "he keeps cheating, or beating me" or whatever.

i say to you Duuuuhhhhh. like, he did it before you was even married why should he change in marriage.

YOU ARE STILL TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUNG I THINK lil girl, get your groove on and take a break before you jump into these things.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
My dear, say after me "I can live without him". angry Don't take him back. Think about your future and the fact that the law treats wife bashing as "one of those things" in Nigeria. You had better run for your life.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by MrCrackles(m): 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2008
Take him back at your own peril!
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by tope2000(f): 11:51pm On Dec 18, 2008
Noooo
don't take him back, Any man that raises up his hand to hit a woman is a monster
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Moves: 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
If u r my sister; I wont be asking u to run away from the guy; he will be the one running away from you after i have had a proper word; u should run miles; no need to take back rubbish
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by iice(f): 8:34am On Dec 19, 2008
Don't take him back
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by steve49ja(m): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2008
Hard one!!
I'll say you take some time, think about everything then make a conclusion you'll stand by.
I think someone is feeding him with wrong informations about you cheating on him, you're mosttimes around guys and since you guys aint living together that might get to him.
No one would walk into your room, find a guy on your bed laughing and just say HI and take a seat without thinking youre cheating mostly when he's heard some wrong informations.
About the beat thing, not all men understand 'its better you walk away than lay a finger on her', have elders talk with him, buy him novels/articles/magazines that discuss about this and am sure he'll change.He might have raised his hands on you cos he loved you and the thought of losing you makes him loco.
Point is: dont leave him yet, since you guys love eachother but i'll say you watch your back cos someone is giving out some wrong information so i think, you talk things through with your guy and spend a weekend with him if possible, you guys need sometime alone.
He loves you!! everyone has a bad side they're always willing to let go for the one they love.
You have the final say. smiley
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by tmoney11(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2008
Is not easy like that to just dump him, they have been dating right from when she was in secondary skool. 4yrs relationship no be small mata oooo. try as much as possible talk to him. cause the guy may change. if you leave him now, where would you start from, don't you no that you are not getting any younger. many people can advice you, is now left for you to follow ur heart. people will never tell you what they are facing in there relationship never. is up to u
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by hola2ng(m): 9:14am On Dec 19, 2008
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Rogo: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2008
take him back but let him feel that beating a woman is the greatest offense he will ever committ in his life.

i recommend after one year of purnishment.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Moonstone(f): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2008
I suggest if you want to take him back because you love him that much, you should take a lot of self defense classes.
You will need them when he's beating you in your pregnant state because the doctor touched your belly.
If he's that jealous, then you need to let go. Ordinarily, it shows you're in a lot of trouble already.
Beating you is a bonus to the trouble you already have on ground.
Maybe it's because you are in uni, that's why he's being this protective.
Whichever, be very afraid for your life if you take him back.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by fender(m): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2008
the way u guyz re goin, if end up marryin him, then we'll have to set up a boxing ring in your house. You had better left this guy cos he's not he social type. He sees evry guy around you as threat. And u sef, must all ur frends be guyz only The bottom line is, "he's not the man for you"
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 19, 2008
Just time baby, just time, don't give up on him but tell him that he is to dumb not to have known u for the past 8 years the two of u have been together, there is another party triggering his reaction. talk things out but don't say yes yet if he says "marry me"
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by izeek(m): 11:18am On Dec 19, 2008
next time he wud have killed you before he finds out that
the man was only your landlord trying to get his rent.

love in deed. bera run and fogerabarit.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by temiolumi(f): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2008
Though i don't support him beating you, but i feel u should take him back.
From ur story i could deduce that u guys are in love and all u need do is talk to him, let him trust u, pray for him too and avoid things he dosent like. Even if it will make u limit the no of male friends u av, pls do it.
True love is rare to find, and everyone in life has a weakness. Besides, Love FORGIVES.
Pls forgive and follow ur heart, not what ur friends says.
I wish u d best.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by smooooooth: 11:29am On Dec 19, 2008
u guys need to take a  break, grow up some more

you need to explore and he needs to learn trust.

whether u guys make up or not, this r/ship is heading

no where.blive me. as for the hitting, no comment

cos a guy can hit u once and never do it again and in other

cases it can be an early sign that he will be a wive beater.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by steve49ja(m): 11:48am On Dec 19, 2008
imagine him singing will.i.am's one more chance

Take me back
Take me back
Take me back

I,

girls girls girls girls
girls girls girls girls

Take me back

One more chance - this time around ,
One more chance - let me undo what i've done before

[will.i.am]
[*]

[chorus]
One more chance
this time around ,
One more chance
let me undo what i've done before
Because I don't want to go
another day, annother lonely night
I don't wanna be
Without you in my life
One more chance

baby protect the lovelalala [this time around]
baby protect the love

lalala
baby protect the love
lalala [this time around]

[will.i.am]
[*]

[chorus]
One more chance
This time around it's time for a different flow
A new romance
Do the things we've never done before
I love you
I really love you baby

baby protect the love
baby protect the love
lalala
baby protect the love

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by gabriel4u(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2008
#5 on: Yesterday at 11:51:56 PM »

Noooo
don't take him back, Any man that raises up his hand to hit a woman is a monster
the way u guys re goin, if end up marryin him, then we'll have to set up a boxing ring in your house. You had better left this guy because he's not he social type. He sees evry guy around you as threat. And u sef, must all ur frends be guys only The bottom line is, "he's not the man for you"

Alba?
Hello@poster,
I must tell you the truth which is to still stick with the guy.and you are lucky 4 having a guy that cares about your doing in school and your life activities.
although me i don't really like beating but there something you must know which is that, if not that he still have the love for u, he would have gone without doing any thing so i belief the reason he beat you is just 4 the love.

To let him understand that you really love him, on a good day tell him you are coming over to his house,look 4 what he like's so much and buy them 4 him. play with him 4 almost 1hr then go on your kneel and look directly to his eyes (love site) and put a question to him,'Do you love me?'(surely he will reply yes) then tell him that u really care and love him too. Go ahead and tell him that the way his beating you is not the way to make you love him that you love him with every thing his doing but you don't like the way his beating you and make him to understand that most of you curse mate are guys and you don't have anything with them than to play and study together.
And lastly make sure you call him if he does not call and always ask him how is work and how he does not have have much stress. put some kinds of lovely statement to him to make him really experience the love you have 4 him. SO DON'T LEAVE HIM.
(but what about if you lave him and found the wasted one)
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by CodeRED(f): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2008
@topic
You can take hime back if you like. I mean we all "take back" exs for varying reasons. I know why I do it. It's more of a personal thingy that I intend on using later to my advantage.
To each its own. best of luck.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by spikedcylinder: 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2008
You will learn how to do without him when he turns your face to custard. undecided
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by finguy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2008
abeg take him back, u know if u dnt

he is gonna miss his favorite punching bag.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by chamotex(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2008
i can't live wtout him.do u guys think should i accept him back?

So what do u want me to tell u now . . . . . don't accept him back and die or what undecided undecided

If u can't live without him then stay with him innit undecided
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by davidt(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
Take him back! But make sure you buy a helmet and some body armour.

And yes! take some self defense classes, probably Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do and the like.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Moyola(f): 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2008
hehe. . .

Topic: You know what you want. . . don't end up with a 'wife beater' all in d name of "I love you"
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by tkb417(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
take him back and get a red eye the next time he comes visiting
if thats what u want, then no probs
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by finguy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
haba! moya bad belle, u got jet Li

and u advising some1 to leave samuel pater.

its not fair o. sad
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by Moyola(f): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
finguy:

haba! moya bad belle, u got jet Li

and u advising someone to leave samuel pater.

its not fair o. sad

itz Moyo. . . . typo ryt?

ehn ehn!! Jet Li wo?! grin
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by olanajim(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2008
@poster,
you are not married to him and he is becoming a terror. What if you get marry at last? Your work partners, your business associates etc will be the butt of attack. Maybe he will turn you to a slowpoke. I think it is time for you to take a break! You can deal with him.

Stop calling him. Don't beg him again. Don't even bother to pick his call. Don't take anything from him. If he come to your school, ignore him.

Believe me, he will start begging you again. And if doesn't don't bother. Forget the past and find a better man.

However, if he come begging, accept hin on the condition that he won't be childish again. If after that, he acted stupidly again, please don't hesistate to give him red card. Unless you enjoyed being beaten.

Cheers.
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by finguy(m): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2008
olanajim:

@poster,
you are not married to him and he is becoming a terror. What if you get marry at last? Your work partners, your business associates etc will be the butt of attack. Maybe he will turn you to a slowpoke. I think it is time for you to take a break! You can deal with him.

the guy is a wife beater not osama bin laden to be dubbed a terrorist

nor is he crazy to start attacking biz associates or a wizard to turn her

into a slowpoke.

Moyola:

itz Moyo. . . . typo ryt?

ehn ehn!! Jet Li wo?! grin

sure typo erro, sorry u know the one now

the guy hitting jet LIing your ass
Re: Should I Take Him Back? by moshman(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
steve49ja

may u increase in knowledge, wisdom & understanding

not many ppl tink d way u do

4 d poster i ll advice u 2 take him back and live on 2 let him c reasons y he most not raise his on u

kindly find a place in ur heart 2 give him a last chance

cos wat u ve labored 4 yrs dont ungreatful soul 2 reap it

plz make ur decision snappy

bet he would change 4 d best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take Time To Read. It's Worth Reading It. Trust Me / Why Do Some Girls Reject Flower Gifts? / The Toughest Experience You Ever Had Just To Have Someone You Really Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.