Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Kalabari People! - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kalabari People! (115169 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Rivers Wedding (opobo N Kalabari) / Kalabari Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 3:26am On Sep 01, 2015
nayeb:

Now lets see; Kininyanabo Daba occasionally visited his friend of Amanyanabo of Ke, and did so because, Ke was the Center of Trade of the Kalabari Clan as of the time. Prior to Ke and Kula becoming part of the Kalabari Clan, the language, Kalabari, was primarily spoken only within the Kalabari Community and after the community was formalized into a Union by Kininyanabo Akeamaoloye, then it was spoken within the Kalabari Union. So it was until Kininaynabo Igonibo came to power, and ordered that every citizen of the Kalabari Clan speak Kalabari, establishing it as lingua franca. This is between 1711 -1720.

Several years later, Kininyanabo Kalagbaa, a nephew of Kininyanabo Igonibo then ruled, and died in 1770 - an event that is also recorded by Captain Hugh Crowe of the English, which information is in the Oxford University archives. Later, Amakiri had then killed Osimini Alali which dastardly act is also recorded as occurring later than 1770.

So here was Ke a Trade Center even earlier than 1735, which was the year when Amakiri sought shelter in the Royal House of Kininyanabo Daba. Indeed then everybody spoke Kalabari already in order to trade, and you blighted ignoramus suggest that it was Amakiri who ordered everybody to speak Kalabari? You are a fool.

Is it true that TORUSARAMAPIRI had earlier settlers before the Awome came ?

1. Who were the settlers and what dialect were they speaking before the Awome came to Torusarama piri ?

2. Why would the Awome settle among a people who did not speak the same dialect as them in those primitive days when people were very hostile to strangers ?

3. How come the dialect of BILLE is exactly like the dialect of Awome when Awome never influenced Bille.. Mind you Bille is not part of KALABARI ?
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
shota:

Is it true that TORUSARAMAPIRI had earlier settlers before the Awome came ?

1. Who were the settlers and what dialect were they speaking before the Awome came to Torusarama piri ?

2. Why would the Awome settle among a people who did not speak the same dialect as them in those primitive days when people were very hostile to strangers ?

3. How come the dialect of BILLE is exactly like the dialect of Awome when Awome never influenced Bille.. Mind you Bille is not part of KALABARI ?

If I told you anything I know, and then you repeated it later, how could I come out and be blabbing? Indeed, that would put us on the same side. Really, it would be better if you got your information from somewhere else so I could come out and be blabbing when you write nonsense. But seriously are you that mentally indolent as to ask me for information when you are the one doing the research and not me? Is there no one in your family who is my equal in intellect and capability of processing intricate issues as I do Quantum Mechanics, who can give you the information you seek? Oh I'm sorry, my bad! You do not have anybody in your family who is my intellectual equal, that is why you only had the nonsense information I have been discrediting all these while, you are a stupid mentally lethargic punk-ass kid.
Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2015
nayeb:

If I told you anything I know, and then you repeated it later, how could I come out and be blabbing? Indeed, that would put us on the same side. Really, it would be better if you got your information from somewhere else so I could come out and be blabbing when you write nonsense. But seriously are you that mentally indolent as to ask me for information when you are the one doing the research and not me? Is there no one in your family who is my equal in intellect and capability of processing intricate issues as I do Quantum Mechanics, who can give you the information you seek? Oh I'm sorry, my bad! You do not have anybody in your family who is my intellectual equal, that is why you only had the nonsense information I have been discrediting all these while, you are a stupid mentally lethargic punk-ass kid.

LOL.. I am a 4th Generation Briggs in Abonnema so figure that out and my paternal grand mom is the Nduba of Chief Young Briggs.. Don't be scared. That is not the issue tho.

Just answer the questions I asked you.. Stop skipping .
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 8:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
shota:

LOL.. I am a 4th Generation Briggs in Abonnema so figure that out and my paternal grand mom is the Nduba of Chief Young Briggs.. Don't be scared. That is not the issue tho.

Don't be scared about what?
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
shota:

I don't have to skip, I don't have to answer your question. I don't have to do a God damn thing.

I am also not scared a bit about anything whatsoever.

I was threatened to be killed on getting home until I went home in 2013, and returned again. I have been threatened severally to be killed since I was 6 months and I am still alive a kicking. You are not the first and you would not be the last to threaten me. Ultimately everybody comes to realize it is not to the person's interest after all.

Reiterating, I don't have to skip, I don't have to disclose any information to you. I don't have to do a God damn thing.
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
nayeb:

Now lets see; Kininyanabo Daba occasionally visited his friend of Amanyanabo of Ke, and did so because, Ke was the Center of Trade of the Kalabari Clan as of the time. Prior to Ke and Kula becoming part of the Kalabari Clan, the language, Kalabari, was primarily spoken only within the Kalabari Community and after the community was formalized into a Union by Kininyanabo Akeamaoloye, then it was spoken within the Kalabari Union. So it was until Kininaynabo Igonibo came to power, and ordered that every citizen of the Kalabari Clan speak Kalabari, establishing it as lingua franca. This is between 1711 -1720.

Several years later, Kininyanabo Kalagbaa, a nephew of Kininyanabo Igonibo then ruled, and died in 1770 - an event that is also recorded by Captain Hugh Crowe of the English, which information is in the Oxford University archives. Later, Amakiri had then killed Osimini Alali which dastardly act is also recorded as occurring later than 1770.

So here was Ke a Trade Center even earlier than 1735, which was the year when Amakiri sought shelter in the Royal House of Kininyanabo Daba. Indeed then everybody spoke Kalabari already in order to trade, and you blighted ignoramus suggest that it was Amakiri who ordered everybody to speak Kalabari? You are a fool.

So tell us PLEASE..

What was the language of interaction between your so called kininyanabo of Kalabari and the people of Ke and Kula when Ke was the center of trade ? Meanwhile you did not tell us how the people of Torusarama lost their dialect to the Awome who came to join them . I hope you can see your mix up. Your tales that make no sense .. Before the AWOME came to Torusarama piri, the place was occupied by several Ijaw people including Ende ame and Aki ala ame and the rest.. You jumped the dialect the people spoke cos you are fixated on your AWOME tale... OGA , The people including the AWOME and even the ANDONI ( ( Ido ni Apu ) .Mind you Some of the Andoni people are still speaking their original dialect and are now in Kalabari kingdom sharing border with Buguma. The dialect they speak today is the same they spoke right from time and it is the same Kalabari ) up to the Defaka, Ibani villages and even the NKORO and OKRIKA and also the BILLEIN people SPOKE similar IJAW dialect and that DIALECT is called ORU but simply referred to as TOMO NI A BIPI.. TOMI NI A BIPI is today distorted to TOMINA BIBI... This simply means The language of the people..
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
torusoeri:

So tell us PLEASE..

What was the language of interaction between your so called kininyanabo of Kalabari and the people of Ke and Kula when Ke was the center of trade ? Meanwhile you did not tell us how the people of Torusarama lost their dialect to the Awome who came to join them . I hope you can see your mix up. Your tales that make no sense .. Before the AWOME came to Torusarama piri, the place was occupied by several Ijaw people including Ende ame and Aki ala ame and the rest.. You jumped the dialect the people spoke cos you are fixated on your AWOME tale... OGA , The people including the AWOME and even the ANDONI ( ( Ido ni Apu ) .Mind you Some of the Andoni people are still speaking their original dialect and are now in Kalabari kingdom sharing border with Buguma. The dialect they speak today is the same they spoke right from time and it is the same Kalabari ) up to the Defaka, Ibani villages and even the NKORO and OKRIKA and also the BILLEIN people SPOKE similar IJAW dialect and that DIALECT is called ORU but simply referred to as TOMO NI A BIPI.. TOMI NI A BIPI is today distorted to TOMINA BIBI... This simply means The language of the people..

I remember you: You are the freaking schizophrenic personality that is one of the many personalities of Tom Alabaraba. You are back again.

You really are a freaking mental case, aren't you? Why would you think that because you have written something people should treat your writings as truths or facts as to respond to them? What proof do you show in the rubbish you have written that the Awome went to your-alleged "Torusarama"? What fact have you given that the Ende-ame were already at your so-called "Torusarama" before the Awome got there? You forget that I am of the Ende-ame by blood-descendancy, so I should have a fairly good idea when the Ende-ame got to Opouma also called Iwo Kalabari.

What trace have you given about the travels of the Awome to your supposed "Torusarama" for anybody to take you seriously? After all how many false statements have you made and have been proven as false by me? What credibility do you have?

You are a really freaking mental case, aren't you?

First have you asked the Ke people what their language is? Whom did you ask who told you that the Ke people have always spoken Kalabari? Do you now realize what a twerp you are? You want to make statements but you have nothing to back it up.

Second, who told you that there was ever "Kininyanabo of Kalabari"? Listen you freaking fool, it is "Kalabari Kininyanabo"

Third do you even realize that the Ende-ame are the same as the Kalabari family, and that the Kalabari Kininyanabo Igonibo was of the Ende-ame?

Fourth, have you not yet learned that Ido that you claim to be in your fictional Kalabari Kingdom and supposedly sharing boundary with Buguma, has already established in the Court of Law (and therefore created a record document) that they have never been part of the alleged Kingdom that the Amachrees claim to be existing in the Kalabari community? You are just a waste of human intellect.

Certainly I waste my time with you worthless trash of a human being. Encourage Tom Alabaraba to seek psychiatric attention, he needs help.
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
nayeb:

I remember you: You are the freaking schizophrenic personality that is one of the many personalities of Tom Alabaraba. You are back again.

You really are a freaking mental case, aren't you? Why would you think that because you have written something people should treat your writings as truths or facts as to respond to them? What proof do you show in the rubbish you have written that the Awome went to your-alleged "Torusarama"? What fact have you given that the Ende-ame were already at your so-called "Torusarama" before the Awome got there? You forget that I am of the Ende-ame by blood-descendancy, so I should have a fairly good idea when the Ende-ame got to Opouma also called Iwo Kalabari.

What trace have you given about the travels of the Awome to your supposed "Torusarama" for anybody to take you seriously? After all how many false statements have you made and have been proven as false by me? What credibility do you have?

You are a really freaking mental case, aren't you?

First have you asked the Ke people what their language is? Whom did you ask who told you that the Ke people have always spoken Kalabari? Do you now realize what a twerp you are? You want to make statements but you have nothing to back it up.

Second, who told you that there was ever "Kininyanabo of Kalabari"? Listen you freaking fool, it is "Kalabari Kininyanabo"

Third do you even realize that the Ende-ame are the same as the Kalabari family, and that the Kalabari Kininyanabo Igonibo was of the Ende-ame?

Fourth, have you not yet learned that Ido that you claim to be in your fictional Kalabari Kingdom and supposedly sharing boundary with Buguma, has already established in the Court of Law (and therefore created a record document) that they have never been part of the alleged Kingdom that the Amachrees claim to be existing in the Kalabari community? You are just a waste of human intellect.

Certainly I waste my time with you worthless trash of a human being. Encourage Tom Alabaraba to seek psychiatric attention, he needs help.

Mr Name calling lost Abonnema man .. Make point if you have any point to make and stop the name calling and insults.. You are as old as my Grand father Mr Opubo Gbanaye ...

Go back home and beg the people that have rejected you to accept you back . People already know your insanity .. Your madness is perhaps from the science you studied. Your own science got you mad instead of giving you knowledge. Please stop the name calling and make points for readers to learn things from..

It is in Bonny kingdom history and also in Andoni history that One Opu Koroye is the ancestor of the KORO AME who called themselves KALABARI people that were met by the Portuguese.

Now we have to repeat this for you to assimilate since you are one fat forgetful breed..

Owuere ye Daba led the Koro ame who are the same AWOME that were the first to go by the identity Kalabari to TORUSARAMA PIRI and this was in the 17th century.

They arrived Torusarama piri and met other Ijaws like the Ende ame, Akiala ame, Igodo ame and others living along their various family sections and going about their fishing business.

The Koro ame were the last to arrive..

The Torusarama piri itself was owned by KE people and it was a part of the KE ANGA .. At that time, The Bille, Ifoko and Oporo ama Ijaws were the owners of that vast territory controlled as ANGA be KIRI or ANGA be ama

Torusarama piri was a KE ANGA BE AMA ( Kengema being the adulterated version ).

The people spoke IJAW language which is the ORU Ijaw version.

The ORU IJAWS are all the Ijaws who say BO as Come or So as Leave or Mu as Go .. The Oru Ijaw dialect was the language of the Ijaw proper before the infiltration of Ijaw land by Isoko, Uhrobo and Edo and Ilaje that changed the Oru dialect of the Western and Central Ijaws of today.. However, many of the Western Ijaws up to Arogbo in Ondo state and the Egbema of Edo state still maintain 80% similarity with the Ijaws of the East ( Okrika, Ibani, Kengema , Billein and Kula and Ekulema )..

Evidences show that Ke, Ilelema, Fibiri, Okpoama, Soku , Ifoko, Ancient Oporoama and Abisse ( Oloma ) are about the Oldest settlements of the Niger Delta ..

The Koroama or Awome land of CALABAR today may have been the farthest Ijaw enclave to the East. Their dialect was the same ORU dialect although they claimed to be Kalabari people.

The Awome or Koroame abandoned that enclave in the 17th century and got back to the land of their cousins to dwell among them. Some of them settled in Okoloma ( Bonny kingdom today ) while the bulk of them ended up in Torusarama piri.

Some of them remained and settled at scattered places to become the Obolo Ijaws of today ..

. The dialect Ibani, Kalabari, Bille, Okrika today have not changed much and are still intelligible to each other despite that it was never documented .

It is the same Ijaw language of the ORU version spoken by the Central ansd Western Ijaws which have been slightly distorted due to Isoko and Uhrobo and Edo influence..
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
nayeb:

It is not KININYANABO but Kimi nyanabo kimi and not kini..
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
torusoeri:

Mr Name calling lost Abonnema man .. Make point if you have any point to make and stop the name calling and insults.. You are as old as my Grand father Mr Opubo Gbanaye ...

Go back home and beg the people that have rejected you to accept you back . People already know your insanity .. Your madness is perhaps from the science you studied. Your own science got you mad instead of giving you knowledge. Please stop the name calling and make points for readers to learn things from..

It is in Bonny kingdom history and also in Andoni history that One Opu Koroye is the ancestor of the KORO AME who called themselves KALABARI people that were met by the Portuguese.

Now we have to repeat this for you to assimilate since you are one fat forgetful breed..

Owuere ye Daba led the Koro ame who are the same AWOME that were the first to go by the identity Kalabari to TORUSARAMA PIRI and this was in the 17th century.

They arrived Torusarama piri and met other Ijaws like the Ende ame, Akiala ame, Igodo ame and others living along their various family sections and going about their fishing business.

The Torusarama piri itself was owned by KE people and it was a part of the KE ANGA .. At that time, The Bille, Ifoko and Oporo ama Ijaws were the owners of that vast territory controlled as ANGA be KIRI or ANGA be ama

The ORU IJAWS are all the Ijaws who say BO as Come or So as Leave or Mu as Go .. The Oru Ijaw dialect was the language of the Ijaw proper before the infiltration of Ijaw land by Isoko, Uhrobo and Edo and Ilaje that changed the Oru dialect of the Western and Central Ijaws of today.. However, many of the Western Ijaws up to Arogbo in Ondo state and the Egbema of Edo state still maintain 80% similarity with the Ijaws of the East ( Okrika, Ibani, Kengema , Billein and Kula and Ekulema )..

Evidences show that Ke, Ilelema, Fibiri, Okpoama, Soku , Ifoko, Ancient Oporoama and Abisse ( Oloma ) are about the Oldest settlements of the Niger Delta ..

The Koroama or Awome land of CALABAR today may have been the farthest Ijaw enclave to the East. Their dialect was the same ORU dialect although they claimed to be Kalabari people.

The Awome or Koroame abandoned that enclave in the 17th century and got back to the land of their cousins to dwell among them. Some of them settled in Okoloma ( Bonny kingdom today ) while the bulk of them ended up in Torusarama piri.

Some of them remained and settled at scattered places to become the Obolo Ijaws of today ..

. The dialect Ibani, Kalabari, Bille, Okrika today have not changed much and are still intelligible to each other despite that it was never documented .

It is the same Ijaw language of the ORU version spoken by the Central ansd Western Ijaws which have been slightly distorted due to Isoko and Uhrobo and Edo influence..

Perhaps may be you will get it better if I interspersed my responses to you:

Thank God I have lived that long as to be your Grandfather equivalent, and as such I say to you "shut the hell up, you freaking schizophrenic"

That is quite funny, I am surprised that your father and grandfather did not have the good sense, and intelligence to have advised you not to communicate with an insane person. After all, I do believe that you were the one who wrote to me first. So then, it must be that both your father and grandfather were also insane, mental deranged derelicts hence they did not know any better to teach you that you could not learn from the insane. Or may be that level of mental derangement and dereliction run in your whole family.

Nothing new here. The Portuguese have a record of meeting King Owerre Daba in 1599, and to whom he had told that the entire community was Kalabari, consisting of several families and that his family came from a town around Dukestown. Owerre Daba was characterizing the whole community in Opouma as Iwo Kalabari and not just the Kuro-ame family. He was the ruler of the whole Kalabari Community at the time and he was speaking for the whole community and it was the whole community that was recorded as "New Calabar"

The Kuro-ame could not have been the last to arrive because Owerre Daba was ruling over the whole Kalabari Community at the time of the arrival of the Portuguese. Otherwise, then provide a proof about when the Ende-ame arrived, the Akiala arrived, the Egodo-ame arrived, the Amabin-ame arrived. Of course, that Owerre Daba led the Kuro-ame in the 17th Century is known to be wrong since the Portuguese put their meeting in 1599 which is not the 17 Century. I am of the Ende-ame who were the Kalabari family, and I do know about when my family arrived at Iwo Kalabari, with whom they arrived there and from where. So the challenge is for you to say when and substantiate it. Besides, it was Kininyanabo Akeamaoloye who called the Kalabari family, Ende-ame, which was about 1676 by which time Owerre Daba was already dead, and so Owerre Daba did not meet or know any people by the name of Ende-ame in his life's time. So I ask again when did the Ende-ame arrive at Opouama

A good question that has often been asked previously and now being asked again: The Ke and Kula people charged the Kalabari Community and later (after the formalism of the community into Union) the Kalabari Union to pay monthly Water-ways Use Commission until they (Ke and Kula) became part of the Kalabari Clan, so then how was it that they (Ke and Kula) did not demand that the Kalabari Community and later Union pay then land-use commission if the land belonged to them (Ke and Kula)?

I will now write some statements I used to make as a boy at play, to further show you up as the daft and ignorant person that you are; and this time I will not give you any explanations:
(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"
This is just to illustrate to you that Kengema has many meanings, the usage of which you have even admitted to being ignorant of.

If the Kuro-ame left in the 17th Century, how was it that the Portuguese met them in the 16th Century as per the Portuguese records? BTW I know when, why and how some of the Owerre Daba (and not the non-Owerre Daba Kuro-ame) ended up in Bonny and Tombia, but I am just not telling you that's all. The modern day Tombia people know they are Owerre Daba, and Tombia people have told that just last year.

Required is a proof based on Time sequencing relative to the Ke being Trace Center

It is the same Ijaw language of the ORU version spoken by the Central ansd Western Ijaws which have been slightly distorted due to Isoko and Uhrobo and Edo influence.

Finally, even in your allegation of my insanity, I still know my one single posture: prove you wrong, show you up as a falsehood-monger and disclose nothing. Now who is the big fat forgetful?

Hopefully you would realize that your father and grandfather were fools and mentally deranged derelicts to not have advised you to not write to or to expect to learn anything from one whom you consider insane. As I am old enough to be your grandfather, it is to them (your father and grandfather) I deflect and reflect your statements, even as you shower public indictments on them by your behaviour of ill-bred ogling of prominence.
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 2:50am On Sep 03, 2015
nayeb:

Perhaps may be you will get it better if I interspersed my responses to you:

Thank God I have lived that long as to be your Grandfather equivalent, and as such I say to you "shut the hell up, you freaking schizophrenic"

That is quite funny, I am surprised that your father and grandfather did not have the good sense, and intelligence to have advised you not to communicate with an insane person. After all, I do believe that you were the one who wrote to me first. So then, it must be that both your father and grandfather were also insane, mental deranged derelicts hence they did not know any better to teach you that you could not learn from the insane. Or may be that level of mental derangement and dereliction run in your whole family.

Nothing new here. The Portuguese have a record of meeting King Owerre Daba in 1599, and to whom he had told that the entire community was Kalabari, consisting of several families and that his family came from a town around Dukestown. Owerre Daba was characterizing the whole community in Opouma as Iwo Kalabari and not just the Kuro-ame family. He was the ruler of the whole Kalabari Community at the time and he was speaking for the whole community and it was the whole community that was recorded as "New Calabar"

The Kuro-ame could not have been the last to arrive because Owerre Daba was ruling over the whole Kalabari Community at the time of the arrival of the Portuguese. Otherwise, then provide a proof about when the Ende-ame arrived, the Akiala arrived, the Egodo-ame arrived, the Amabin-ame arrived. Of course, that Owerre Daba led the Kuro-ame in the 17th Century is known to be wrong since the Portuguese put their meeting in 1599 which is not the 17 Century. I am of the Ende-ame who were the Kalabari family, and I do know about when my family arrived at Iwo Kalabari, with whom they arrived there and from where. So the challenge is for you to say when and substantiate it. Besides, it was Kininyanabo Akeamaoloye who called the Kalabari family, Ende-ame, which was about 1676 by which time Owerre Daba was already dead, and so Owerre Daba did not meet or know any people by the name of Ende-ame in his life's time. So I ask again when did the Ende-ame arrive at Opouama

A good question that has often been asked previously and now being asked again: The Ke and Kula people charged the Kalabari Community and later (after the formalism of the community into Union) the Kalabari Union to pay monthly Water-ways Use Commission until they (Ke and Kula) became part of the Kalabari Clan, so then how was it that they (Ke and Kula) did not demand that the Kalabari Community and later Union pay then land-use commission if the land belonged to them (Ke and Kula)?

I will now write some statements I used to make as a boy at play, to further show you up as the daft and ignorant person that you are; and this time I will not give you any explanations:
(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"
This is just to illustrate to you that Kengema has many meanings, the usage of which you have even admitted to being ignorant of.

If the Kuro-ame left in the 17th Century, how was it that the Portuguese met them in the 16th Century as per the Portuguese records? BTW I know when, why and how some of the Owerre Daba (and not the non-Owerre Daba Kuro-ame) ended up in Bonny and Tombia, but I am just not telling you that's all. The modern day Tombia people know they are Owerre Daba, and Tombia people have told that just last year.

Required is a proof based on Time sequencing relative to the Ke being Trace Center

It is the same Ijaw language of the ORU version spoken by the Central ansd Western Ijaws which have been slightly distorted due to Isoko and Uhrobo and Edo influence.

Finally, even in your allegation of my insanity, I still know my one single posture: prove you wrong, show you up as a falsehood-monger and disclose nothing. Now who is the big fat forgetful?

Hopefully you would realize that your father and grandfather were fools and mentally deranged derelicts to not have advised you to not write to or to expect to learn anything from one whom you consider insane. As I am old enough to be your grandfather, it is to them (your father and grandfather) I deflect and reflect your statements, even as you shower public indictments on them by your behaviour of ill-bred ogling of prominence.

You need to take your medication before you respond to me cos your responses are off point..

your words go bellow ..

So you do not know where the KORO AME left from to meet the rest at Torusarama piri ?

I told you, you are one confused old man.

The Portuguese MET THE KORO AME at Present day Calabar and documented them so cos the Koro ame people have said they were KALABARI people..

Your other response goes

(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"

Bro.. Please give the world the meanings of 1 ,2 ,3... Do not forget you were insisting there is no word like Kenge ...Now you are using the phrase Kenge-ma as a word.......... In KALABARI there is nothing like ANIYE KENGEAMA..... There is also nothing like Kengema te in Kalabari .
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2015
torusoeri:

You need to take your medication before you respond to me cos your responses are off point..

your words go bellow ..

So you do not know where the KORO AME left from to meet the rest at Torusarama piri ?

The Portuguese MET THE KORO AME at Present day Calabar and documented them so cos the Koro ame people have said they were KALABARI people..

Your other response goes

(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"

Bro.. Please give the world the meanings of 1 ,2 ,3... Do not forget you were insisting there is no word like Kenge ...Now you are using the phrase Kenge-ma as a word.......... In KALABARI there is nothing like ANIYE KENGEAMA..... There is also nothing like Kengema te in Kalabari .

Or your affliction from your father and grandfather is worse than one thinks or realizes. Your mind seem unable to process complex thoughts, as expressed in complex sentences.

your words go bellow ..

Indeed, complex sentences fog you up: The 16th Century predates the 17th Century. So the Portuguese could not have met the Kalabari Community with Owerre Daba as their King in the 16th Century, if in fact they started the migration in the 17th Century as you assert. Do you get it now? I have previously explained this point to Tom Alabaraba as well, because he too could not understand the time sequencing involved. Does that also tell you something?
The Kuro-ame consisted not only of the Owerre Daba but also of other families, so the statement (and not the non-Owerre Daba Kuro-ame) which floored you, was explaining this fact that you seem unable to comprehend. Further, it was the Owerre Daba group that fractured during the reign of Owerre Daba and not any of the other groups. Hopefully you have got that. Finally, some of the Owerre Daba who left settled at Bonny and Tombia, and some of the modern Tombia people have admitted to being part of that group. Got it now you freaking dumb ass?

The intensity of your cognitive dissonance is mind numbing

Your other response goes

(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"

I should send you off to your father and grandfather -the fools and mentally deranged derelicts, whose Igbo blood you bear, for them to discover the Kalabari meanings of these words for you. If I told you the meanings you would really hate yourself, even much more; and then may be not, you exude the characteristics of a psychopath.
Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 8:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
nayeb:

Or your affliction from your father and grandfather is worse than one thinks or realizes. Your mind seem unable to process complex thoughts, as expressed in complex sentences.

your words go bellow ..

Indeed, complex sentences fog you up: The 16th Century predates the 17th Century. So the Portuguese could not have met the Kalabari Community with Owerre Daba as their King in the 16th Century, if in fact they started the migration in the 17th Century as you assert. Do you get it now? I have previously explained this point to Tom Alabaraba as well, because he too could not understand the time sequencing involved. Does that also tell you something?
The Kuro-ame consisted not only of the Owerre Daba but also of other families, so the statement (and not the non-Owerre Daba Kuro-ame) which floored you, was explaining this fact that you seem unable to comprehend. Further, it was the Owerre Daba group that fractured during the reign of Owerre Daba and not any of the other groups. Hopefully you have got that. Finally, some of the Owerre Daba who left settled at Bonny and Tombia, and some of the modern Tombia people have admitted to being part of that group. Got it now you freaking dumb ass?

The intensity of your cognitive dissonance is mind numbing

Your other response goes

(1) "Ani kengema"
(2) "Aniye kengeama"
(3) "A kengema te"

I should send you off to your father and grandfather -the fools and mentally deranged derelicts, whose Igbo blood you bear, for them to discover the Kalabari meanings of these words for you. If I told you the meanings you would really hate yourself, even much more; and then may be not, you exude the characteristics of a psychopath.

There is nothing like Kengeama in Kalabari..
There is nothing like Kengema te in Kalabari

There is Kenge te and not Kengema te.. Kenge te means Cracked..
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
shota:

There is nothing like Kengeama in Kalabari..
There is nothing like Kengema te in Kalabari

There is Kenge te and not Kengema te.. Kenge te means Cracked..

Now lets consider these:
I am Kalabari by blood, you are not.
I am Awome by Blood, you are not.
My Kalabari learning source is closer to the Origin
Your Kalabari learning source is relatively less close than mine
Your mother Nduba's Kalabari learning source is relatively less close than mine.

So who is likely to know Kalabari language better? You or myself?

Think! Think! Think!
Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
nayeb:

Now lets consider these:
I am Kalabari by blood, you are not.
I am Awome by Blood, you are not.
My Kalabari learning source is closer to the Origin
Your Kalabari learning source is relatively less close than mine
Your mother Nduba's Kalabari learning source is relatively less close than mine.

So who is likely to know Kalabari language better? You or myself?

Think! Think! Think!

Instead of explaining to the world what you mean by those words you are struggling to deceive yourself..
I am a Bakana man. Born and raised in Bakana and also an Abonnema man..
You are an Abonnema man where Igbotic Kalabari is spoken so I understand why you do not have no good knowledge of both Kalabari history and dialect..

I am sure you also do not know what AN NGIA is if not you d not argue about Kenge and talk about Kengema te.....
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
shota:

Instead of explaining to the world what you mean by those words you are struggling to deceive yourself..
I am a Bakana man. Born and raised in Bakana and also an Abonnema man..
You are an Abonnema man where Igbotic Kalabari is spoken so I understand why you do not have no good knowledge of both Kalabari history and dialect..

I am sure you also do not know what AN NGIA is if not you d not argue about Kenge and talk about Kengema te.....

That is nice! Consider that, that your grandmother Nduba whom you wanted to talk so glowingly of, was of Igbo stock, and most likely spoke "Igbotic Kalabari" to use your expression. Ahhaaaa, your freaking schizophrenic multiple personalities show through.

Really when did you become a Bakana person? The last time a Bakana person wrote something here you insulted and told him to go rebuild his vanishing village. You said some unbecoming things that showed you as an ungrateful person for somebody who grew up there. Now you are again a Bakana person because it suits you. I remember telling you in another thread that so long as God blessed me with wealth Bakana will never be wanting because I will invest half my wealth in Bakana. That response was because you were making unkind remarks about Bakana, imputing that Bakana was dying off because of the people history of having fought Amachree, your King.

What I did not tell you, Tom Alabaraba, when I made that statement was that I was also from Bakana, I am also from the bloodline of King Lulu who ruled Bakana after King Igbanibo. Now go figure.

You are one crazed schizophrenic multiple personality dude.

Oh, and if you must know, as a boy I did play Ngia. I even knew how to load it with mud to make it heavy, and even to first put molten lead inside it before covering that up with mud. I am informed on your use of the expression Ngia Kenge, because as the Americans would say "been there done that".

I hope now you know that when I say those expressions have meanings, they, in fact do - it is that you just don't know their meanings. As I have said before, I am Kalabari by blood and you are not. I am Awome by blood and you are not, I learned my Kalabari from the source and I doubt yours because you seem not to know the meanings of those expressions.
Re: Kalabari People! by delishpot: 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
What dles kengema mean paa si si? I remember a song I heard as a child at home
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

I may have gotten tnbe spellings wrong sha.
Pa si si I wori ma o
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
delishpot:
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

Pa si si I wori ma o

Ani 'm gba nyanam

1 Like

Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 5:55am On Sep 05, 2015
nayeb:

That is nice! Consider that, that your grandmother Nduba whom you wanted to talk so glowingly of, was of Igbo stock, and most likely spoke "Igbotic Kalabari" to use your expression. Ahhaaaa, your freaking schizophrenic multiple personalities show through.

Really when did you become a Bakana person? The last time a Bakana person wrote something here you insulted and told him to go rebuild his vanishing village. You said some unbecoming things that showed you as an ungrateful person for somebody who grew up there. Now you are again a Bakana person because it suits you. I remember telling you in another thread that so long as God blessed me with wealth Bakana will never be wanting because I will invest half my wealth in Bakana. That response was because you were making unkind remarks about Bakana, imputing that Bakana was dying off because of the people history of having fought Amachree, your King.

What I did not tell you, Tom Alabaraba, when I made that statement was that I was also from Bakana, I am also from the bloodline of King Lulu who ruled Bakana after King Igbanibo. Now go figure.

You are one crazed schizophrenic multiple personality dude.

Oh, and if you must know, as a boy I did play Ngia. I even knew how to load it with mud to make it heavy, and even to first put molten lead inside it before covering that up with mud. I am informed on your use of the expression Ngia Kenge, because as the Americans would say "been there done that".

I hope now you know that when I say those expressions have meanings, they, in fact do - it is that you just don't know their meanings. As I have said before, I am Kalabari by blood and you are not. I am Awome by blood and you are not, I learned my Kalabari from the source and I doubt yours because you seem not to know the meanings of those expressions.

There is nothing like Kengemate in Kalabari
There is nothing like Kengeama in Kalabari ...
Re: Kalabari People! by shota(m): 5:57am On Sep 05, 2015
delishpot:
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

Pa si si I wori ma o

.. Bo ye bo ye

Balama

Ah kien anga ba

Balama.
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
delishpot:
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

Pa si si I wori ma o

I have no reason to abuse you, as I have no issues with you. I have had issues with these Amachree children who think that they can tarnish me by going around spreading falsehoods about me, that I am insane, in reaction to my asserting everywhere that Amachree (original name Amakoromo) was never a Kalabari King, and was a rapist, criminal, arsonist, murderer, what have you. Unfortunately they have started to find out that those lies are not working as well as they had thought. The Yorubas have started to realize that the Amachrees have been telling lies. Only recently a Yoruba newpaper has started to refer to Theophilus Jt Princewill as traditional ruler of Buguma only and not of Kalabari Ethnic. So they are loosing and it can only get worse.

Theophilus JT Princewill was just a nothing worthless murderer

Even Asari Dokubo threatened me when all this started until they realized that I was Chemical Reactor Engineer, so then they backed off. I have since trained myself as a Biological Reactor Engineer, so now they have decided that it was more dangerous to even threaten me now than to just keep away. They are beginning to learn that in combination with my knowledge of physics and mathematics, and my network at home, their guns would not protect them if a war actually broke out.

So they keep their distance and I keep mine. Except this Tom Alabaraba another criminal who defrauded the US Govt and has been on the run from the law -running sometimes to Canada and at other times using fake names. But one of these days I am sure that they will catch up with him. He is just a petty criminal so they are not investing money on tracking him down.

1 Like

Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
delishpot:
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

Pa si si I wori ma o

Now about your song, it is not a very happy song. It is a self-deprecating song being sung by a woman who has an affliction of Kenge and has suffered repeated snide remarks, but has come to terms with her situation.

Kengeba is a slur - a constructed slur on a woman who is afflicted with a severe case of Kenge. The term is used to imply several things including (1) a woman who does not have the good sense to know to use body-lotion after taking baths, (2) a woman who is so poor that she could not afford a body-lotion to use after baths (3) a woman who does not take frequent baths. One or all of them are implied in any given contextual use.

So in the song she says reflexively of herself, she would take a bath (likely in the river), she would go home, and never mind, anything that is said of you, never mind Kengeba, never mind. She will take a bath, she will go home, never mind at all what is said of you.

Kenge is a severe case of dry skin -quite possibly due to vitamin shortage of some sort. Usually, the skin is always dry no matter the amount of lotion used on the body. It is most obvious on the legs where the skin dries up until it cracks into patches, and the skin is also ashen sometimes. Long ago the mild form occurs in Abonnema during the Harmattan seasons, as the skin dries up of every moisture so fast that there is just never even enough time to get the body lotioned.
Re: Kalabari People! by delishpot: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
nayeb:

I have no reason to abuse you, as I have no issues with you. I have had issues with these Amachree children who think that they can tarnish me by going around spreading falsehoods about me, that I am insane, in reaction to my asserting everywhere that Amachree (original name Amakoromo) was never a Kalabari King, and was a rapist, criminal, arsonist, murderer, what have you. Unfortunately they have started to find out that those lies are not working as well as they had thought. The Yorubas have started to realize that the Amachrees have been telling lies. Only recently a Yoruba newpaper has started to refer to Theophilus Jt Princewill as traditional ruler of Buguma only and not of Kalabari Ethnic. So they are loosing and it can only get worse.

Even Asari Dokubo threatened me when all this started until they realized that I was Chemical Reactor Engineer, so then they backed off. I have since trained myself as a Biological Reactor Engineer, so now they have decided that it was more dangerous to even threaten me now than to just keep away. They are beginning to learn that in combination with my knowledge of physics and mathematics, and my network at home, their guns would not protect them if a war actually broke out.

So they keep their distance and I keep mine. Except this Tom Alabaraba another criminal who defrauded the US Govt and has been on the run from the law -running sometimes to Canada and at other times using fake names. But one of these days I am sure that they will catch up with him. He is just a petty criminal so they are not investing money on tracking him down.

Truth is it pains me when humans use abusive terms against each other just because they have different opinions about something. I have been a victim a lit of times on NL. I make or post something and soneone quotes me and starts insulting me. Something a simple *No not so its ...........* would have solved becomes a web of words such as fool, stupid , bastard, prostitute mother, bastard father etc if one doesnt know how to swallow some shit one would just start giving word for word insult for insult!
I am not here to take sides, I am here to draw our attention to this shameful behaviour we show each other.

sheathe thine swords my brothers we can agree to dissagree. These stories are passed by word of mouth
there is bound to be discrepancies.
Remember how we almost heloed Biafra and the NA finish us during the war? It was made possible because if attitudes such as this. Brothers snitching out brother all because they have different views and likes. Its a shame I tell you.

In another news sha, how inclussive are the kalabaris in this present Rivers government? Abeg I dey find contract o. I will deliver 200%. wink
Re: Kalabari People! by delishpot: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
nayeb:

Now about your song, it is not a very happy song. It is a self-deprecating song being sung by a woman who has an affliction of Kenge and has suffered repeated snide remarks, but has come to terms with her situation.

Kengeba is a slur - a constructed slur on a woman who is afflicted with a severe case of Kenge. The term is used to imply several things including (1) a woman who does not have the good sense to know to use body-lotion after taking baths, (2) a woman who is so poor that she could not afford a body-lotion to use after baths (3) a woman who does not take frequent baths. One or all of them are implied in any given contextual use.

So in the song she says reflexively of herself, she would take a bath (likely in the river), she would go home, and never mind, anything that is said of you, never mind Kengeba, never mind. She will take a bath, she will go home, never mind at all what is said of you.

Kenge is a severe case of dry skin -quite possibly due to vitamin shortage of some sort. Usually, the skin is always dry no matter the amount of lotion used on the body. It is most obvious on the legs where the skin dries up until it cracks into patches, and the skin is also ashen sometimes. Long ago the mild form occurs in Abonnema during the Harmattan seasons, as the skin dries up of every moisture so fast that there is just never even enough time to get the body lotioned.

Thank you so very much. Wow. Hiw I wish I knew you personaly grin. You and shota cool we would drink tomi na iru and sing kalabari songs. We would be padi for life grin grin shake and make peace and see how to better the average kalabari life( sad sad I know, I know I dream too much I am a sucker for peace and love for humanity)
Ahhhh so thats what that song meant. As a kid I loved the song always loved such soul moving songs just that I did not know what kengeba meant.
I thought the song was talking about doing what she came to do on earth and go home when she is through grin grin see where I carried it to sha.
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
delishpot:
A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama
Be ye be ye
Balama
Kengeba
Balama

A minji biri te
A so wari mu ba
Balama oooo

Pa si si I wori ma o

Finally, the word Kenge as used in the song is a transfer application use. Kalabari languages can be like that - use one word to describe something similar or akin in picturesque. The Kalabari language is generally picturesque, so to understand it you have to get the picture being painted in the words.

So now take the "Kenge" for instance; that is the Kalabari word for "Swamp crab". This crab lives at the boundary between the swamp and land. it comes out after the water ebbs and walks the swamp eating everything and anything. It is primarily a scavenger and a sort of carrion feeder. When the river comes up full, it moves onto land and crawls about there until the river ebbs and then it returns to the swamps. Occasionally it retires to its hole dug at the boundary of land and swamp.

Now during the daytime while it is crawling the swamp for food, the sun is usually very high, and it shell get baked real hard for a long time, and with the days and months the shell gets deformed and appear bumpy, look all patches, filthy and disgusting. This picturesque is the basis of the transfer application of the word "Kenge" to describe the severe case of dry skin.

A place full of Kenge where it may not be viable to fish for mudskipper can be described as Kengeama, like Kengeba it is a constructed description of the location in the swamps. Picture in your mind a place where there are large population of all sorts of Kenge, running around, fighting each other and what have you, and you get the picture in the word Kengeama.

Another use of the word Kenge also derives from that fact that it is deemed also an insignificant crab relative to the "land crab", Olu. So the word Kenge is also used to describe a scraggly insignificant person, say, for instance, Tom Alabaraba.
Re: Kalabari People! by delishpot: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=nayeb post=37704902]

Finally, the word Kenge as used in the song is a transfer application use. Kalabari languages can be like that - use one word to describe something similar or akin in picturesque. The Kalabari language is generally picturesque, so to understand it you have to get the picture being painted in the words.

So now take the "Kenge" for instance; that is the Kalabari word for "Swamp crab". This crab lives at the boundary between the swamp and land. it comes out after the water ebbs and walks the swamp eating everything and anything. It is primarily a scavenger and a sort of carrion feeder. When the river comes up full, it moves onto land and crawls about there until the river ebbs and then it returns to the swamps. Occasionally it retires to its hole dug at the boundary of land and swamp.

Now during the daytime while it is crawling the swamp for food, the sun is usually very high, and it shell get baked real hard for a long time, and with the days and months the shell gets deformed and appear bumpy, look all patches, filthy and disgusting. This picturesque is the basis of the transfer application of the word "Kenge" to describe the severe case of dry skin.

A place full of Kenge where it may not be viable to fish for mudskipper can be described as Kengeama, like Kengeba it is a constructed description of the location in the swamps. Picture in your mind a place where there are large population of all sorts of Kenge, running around, fighting each other and what have you, and you get the picture in the word Kengeama.

Another use of the word Kenge also derives from that fact that it is deemed also an insignificant crab relative to the "land crab", Olu. So the word Kenge is also used to describe a scraggly insignificant person, say, for instance, Tom Alabaraba.[/quote]

grin grin grin You just cant help it!
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2015
delishpot:

Thank you so very much. Wow. Hiw I wish I knew you personaly grin. You and shota cool we would drink tomi na iru and sing kalabari songs. We would be padi for life grin grin shake and make peace and see how to better the average kalabari life( sad sad I know, I know I dream too much I am a sucker for peace and love for humanity)
Ahhhh so thats what that song meant. As a kid I loved the song always loved such soul moving songs just that I did not know what kengeba meant.
I thought the song was talking about doing what she came to do on earth and go home when she is through grin grin see where I carried it to sha.

Send me an email at naye_b@yahoo.com, and then I will send you a different one through which you can actually stay in touch. I don't usually read this account so send it today otherwise I may never remember to look for it or even find it. Tons of mail go there everyday.
Re: Kalabari People! by delishpot: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
nayeb:

Send me an email at naye_b@yahoo.com, and then I will send you a different one through which you can actually stay in touch. I don't usually read this account so send it today otherwise I may never remember to look for it or even find it. Tons of mail go there everyday.

Ok bro.
Re: Kalabari People! by torusoeri(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
nayeb:

AND YOU SAY YOU ARE NOT A SICK MAN ..
NOW WHAT HAS THIS RUBBISH GOT TO DO WITH DELISHPOT's POST ? explain yourself .
ARIBO like you..
Re: Kalabari People! by nayeb: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
torusoeri:

AND YOU SAY YOU ARE NOT A SICK MAN ..
NOW WHAT HAS THIS RUBBISH GOT TO DO WITH DELISHPOT's POST ? explain yourself .
ARIBO like you..

I should explain myself to you? Why don't you, your father and grandfather go F***yourselves?
Now you know why I heap piles on you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. / Ramses, Cleopatra, Nefertiti: Original Egyptians Were Black? / Simple Yoruba Words / Phrases And Sentences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.