Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) (3494 Views)

4 Home Made Remedies That Get Rid Of Dandruff / Losing Fat Belt For Men And Women Without Exercise Now Available In Nigeria / Please Help O DANDRUFF Is Killing Me. Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
I have a younger brother who get 'sick' of himself whenever he goes to barbing salon because of white scales that will cover his head when he's done. We have tried all the possible, yet the stuff refuses to go. And now worse in the harmattan!

Anyone that has experienced and cure this should please help.

Thanks
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by confidant: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
There is actually no cure. I constantly and consistently use 'head and shoulders' shampoo when bathing. After bathing I use 'damatol medicated' hair cream. With these dandruff has become a thing of the past.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
confidant:
There is actually no cure. I constantly and consistently use 'head and shoulders' shampoo when bathing. After bathing I use 'damatol medicated' hair cream. With these dandruff has become a thing of the past.

Nice. Thanks
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Lexusgs430: 2:13am On Jan 15, 2015
Dandruff - Is caused by dry scalp, best to use wash hair with anti-dandruff shampoo and using hair cream, rub the hair cream properly to cover all areas of the scalp(try for about a fortnight, low hair during period).
It could also be seborrhoeic dermatitis, does he have the white flaky residue, anywhere else that hair grows?
Overwashing or Very little washing of the hair, can cause dandruff, wash and treat in moderation.
If all fails, go to a hospital and have a patch test done.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by dunhill20: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2015
I guarantee you a 100% cure to dandruff and any hair infection with skin hair and nail supplement.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2015
dunhill20:
I guarantee you a 100% cure to dandruff and any hair infection with skin hair and nail supplement.

How?
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Originalsly: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2015
He should use "Head and Shoulders" medicated anti dandruff shampoo once or twice a week. If not available...try regular H&S dandruff shampoo but use more often. If not available...then use neem soap or heat neem leaves in water and use that wate to wash hair and scalp. He should then stop using hair creams since that can also be part of the problem. If no relief then he needs to do HIV testing since persistent dandruff infection can be a symptom of more serious health problems.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2015
@ Originalsly . . . Thanks alot. But that HIV aspect scares a bit!

Please can you be more precise of the likely 'health related' stuff you mentioned, perhaps we can help him do a general test. My thought please.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Originalsly: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2015
Did some research on it some time back...just remembered the HIV symptom!...the others didn't stick! For starters go with the dandruff treatment and see how that works out. But again...let him avoid hair creams since they may contain chemicals may be making the problem even worse.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by dunhill20: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
sheffyUTD:

How?
skin hair and nail contains kelp, soya, gelatine, silica, zinc, biotin, choline, selenium, amino acids. It helps to build strong hair and healthy skin, hair and nails especially benefitial for people with skin, hair and nail infections or disorder. It helps in treating hair loss.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by DOCTOR90: 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
use lime Orange to wash affected areas
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by FiftyFifty(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
DOCTOR90:
use lime Orange to wash affected areas

That's exactly what I wanted to tell d Op. Lime: simple, natural & effective. But should be used cautiously.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Originalsly: 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
FiftyFifty:

That's exactly what I wanted to tell d Op. Lime: simple, natural & effective. But should be used cautiously.
Hmmm...in this 2015 you are advising people to use cheap ordinary lime? That no go happen unless you package it well in a small beautifully labelled bottle and slap on a very expensive price tag....only then ordinry lime would enta the head with pride!
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
I appreciate all of you. Thanks so much

@Originalsly u lost me
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by nicklaus40: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
sheffyUTD:
I have a younger brother who get 'sick' of himself whenever he goes to barbing salon because of white scales that will cover his head when he's done. We have tried all the possible, yet the stuff refuses to go. And now worse in the harmattan!

Anyone that has experienced and cure this should please help.

Thanks
. Get apple hair cream for him,and he should apply it everyday immediately after bathing, his hair must be wet wen applying it and I guarantee u it will work
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by FiftyFifty(m): 6:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm...in this 2015 you are advising people to use cheap ordinary lime? That no go happen unless you package it well in a small beautifully labelled bottle and slap on a very expensive price tag....only then ordinry lime would enta the head with pride!

U ar correct, sadly.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by sheffyUTD(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Originalsly, FiftyFifty, nicklaus40, DOCTOR90, dunhill20, Lexusgs430, confidant . . .

I appreciate all of you. You have all really helped.

Feed back for all: within so short period of time, there is a big improvement.

First, the advise we got here (Nairaland) and off the platform were within same range and so believe the solutions are bound in them. But we had to look for one that may possibly be more 'effective' and has possible 'low side effect'. We tried and eliminated using chemical at first, especially 'head and shoulder shampoo'.

We then opted for using lime, and possibly in combination with other. After he shaves his head to last skin (with clipper scrubbing hard to rip open the dead scales), we applied lime and left for about 45min before he took his bath.

When his head was still damp after bathing, we applied 'Meditreat' (hair food). We were actually encouraged to use the product against others. He has been applying this for about a month now, and the result is phenomena.

Please note, we only use lime twice on his first shave and we have since stopped it.

Thank you all for your countributions.
Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2015
sheffyUTD:
Originalsly, FiftyFifty, nicklaus40, DOCTOR90, dunhill20, Lexusgs430, confidant . . .

I appreciate all of you. You have all really helped.

Feed back for all: within so short period of time, there is a big improvement.

First, the advise we got here (Nairaland) and off the platform were within same range and so believe the solutions are bound in them. But we had to look for one that may possibly be more 'effective' and has possible 'low side effect'. We tried and eliminated using chemical at first, especially 'head and shoulder shampoo'.

We then opted for using lime, and possibly in combination with other. After he shaves his head to last skin (with clipper scrubbing hard to rip open the dead scales), we applied lime and left for about 45min before he took his bath.

When his head was still damp after bathing, we applied 'Meditreat' (hair food). We were actually encouraged to use the product against others. He has been applying this for about a month now, and the result is phenomena.

Please note, we only use lime twice on his first shave and we have since stopped it.

Thank you all for your countributions.

Thanks for the feedback. Its bound to help others !!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Cure Dandruff (for Men) by Gigihealth: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Seborrheic dermatitis treatment can include medicated shampoos, creams, and lotions which are effective in moisturizing the skin and scalp. In most cases, there is usually no cure for seborrhea and the reason why a person gets this common rash has not been understood. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/seborrheic-dermatitis-treatment-what-is-seborrheic-dermatitis/

(1) (Reply)

Amla Or Gooseberry Powder / Body Builder Tips / How can i clear Tiny Pimples on my face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.