Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? (30224 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) / Help!!! Her Husband's Physique Does Not Turn Her On / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by BreezyRita(f): 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
I'm not sure where to post this. Mods help me out please

She's about to be married. The marriage requirements or 'lists' have been given to the husband to-be. Of course, he must have prepared for this. But the list is somewhat exorbitant and paying all these things will mean a less posh wedding........

My question: Should a woman who's financially stable assist her to-be with money for payment of the bride price or completion of the rites??

Is it advisable??

6 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by DJEhimond(m): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
*Grabs a seat* .... Waiting to read comments from the married ones.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by mutter(f): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
A good idea however the problem is it could lead to insult.

Woman - you are not even a man I am the one that married you.

Man- you were so desperate you even paid me to marry you.

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by elantraceey(f): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
I think he should use what he has to pay the bride price and then she can cover the rest expenses.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Seun(m): 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tactfully let him know that you think the demands are outrageous and you're interested in helping but only if he wants you to help. If he requests your help, help, and make sure that you never ever mention it during any future quarrel with him. This is extremely important.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Mimienudles(f): 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Really, I don't know but I think it iisn't right

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by sapien(m): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes, ofcourse. If the lady is from the tribe where the bride price is astronomical like the south east, it's advisable she helps with part payment if she could afford it.

No be she the man wan take the bride price marry?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Seun(m): 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
mutter:

If that happens then there is a problem of immaturity with both of them already, because they should know that bride price is not actually being paid to buy the bride. That it's just a way for the wife's extended family to extract money from the unfortunate bridegroom's family.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by DJEhimond(m): 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
mutter:

You have said it all! Even if the man is quick to forget, trust me, the lady won't.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by cococandy(f): 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Where there is understanding, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Even if the man can afford everything . If she can find a way to take on some of the list requirements,then no harm in it.

At least it sends across the message that the girl and her family aren't out to milk him but are doing it because they can't side step that's process of the traditional marriage.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by remsonik(f): 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Oga Seun don talk am all. I think the family should be reasonable enough to know what their son in law can afford before giving him an outrageous list.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Ab025(m): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
it depends on the woman...afterall, why should her family demand for a far too costly marriage rites...?? abi na PDP the man be....??

the woman should find a way to sort her man out afterall she is financially stable and she knows her man cant meet up

but as for the brideprice, the man should pay that one without her help and in my opinion, even after the marriage, when he becomes more financially stable, he can pay her back all the money she helped him out with during the marriage rites.....to avoid some talks in the future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by angelTI(f): 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
NO!

Brideprice of all things?

Habaaaaaaaaa. NO

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
hmmm.
I think it's a wont here in Nigeria that the man shoulders responsibilities like that because it's believed to increase the value of the woman in his sight.

But, come to think of it
*If a man can't pay the bride price alone, where does he plan getting money for the wedding proper?i.e considering the fact that, that expense is "basically" on him too.
_ he should pay the bride price (borrow from his friends nd family) and the lady can come in later, during the trad/white wedding.

To the woman:
_Are you doing it out of desperation?
_Or are you genuinely trying to help? If this is the case, nothing wrong...the adage that if one hand is weak the other helps to pull up comes into play.

If the bride price is outrageous and she has to support, it's ideal she develops amnesia, immediately after helping him out - never bring it up...no matter the situation...lols

If they are both mature....
If they both understand they are doing it for them...not "one person"....
If he is visionary and she knows it's just a temporary set back....

It shouldn't be a problem

6 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by LaurelP(m): 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Personally I can't allow a woman to help me pay her bride price. It takes a somewhat saint of a woman not to use it against you later.
If I can't afford it, then the marriage has to wait!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by BokoHaramm: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
That will be Supernatural love from the woman and the man will be Supernatural MUMU. For christ sake we are still Africans

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by listenersky: 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why cant they wait till they are both ready to get married.Must they go ahead with the marriage when its clear that only the Lady is ready.My point is if the Man cant pay the bride price,that means he's not ready for marriage yet.
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Eraddray(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
If I hear
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by richardjemedafe1(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
God4bid

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by menix(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
My Imo ladies will b lik "BIG NO!!!"

Seriously I don't pray 4 such 4 any man buh if there is Luv nd understanding, I see no gobe buh if I find miisef In such then its more respect 4 dat lady..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by iiichidodo: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
Allowing so is akin to giving your wife express permission to be impregnated by an outsider...it is best to come up with the payment of the very important symbolics,totems and bushels of the duty then allowing her arrange the rest to defray cost.
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by free2ryhme: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
oya where all of una dey make una come comment ooo
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Ab025(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
angelTI:
NO!

Brideprice of all things?

Habaaaaaaaaa. NO

hey angel....its not the brideprice, the man can pay that bt we re talking about all those other marriage rites and the organization of the wedding as a whole which will definitely run into a million or more. Can u support ur man on that financially if u re "financially OK".....?

mind u, this is a very technical scenario as it could lead to the breakdown of the relationship if not properly handled or if there is a party that's unwilling to spend financially for the marriage, xpecially when the other party is nt financially buoyant!!
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by pansophist(m): 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dem still de pay bride price for naija ni ? I think say una don stop am.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by BWGISTdotCOM: 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
sure she can. but she must not tell people ooo

Sexy photos: Chika Ike takes the fun to Istanbul>>www.bwgist.com/2014/10/sexy-photos-chika-ike-takes-fun-to.html
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by thorpido(m): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
He should be able to pay the bride price.I wouldn't like the idea of the lady giving him the money for that.
What she should do is help to purchase some of the other items on the list.
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by jaybee08(f): 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Capital letter NO
Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by Karleb(m): 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Just tell your father to reduce the list or become his second wife at age 40.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by listenersky: 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
BreezyRita:
I'm not sure where to post this. Mods help me out please

She's about to be married. The marriage requirements or 'lists' have been given to the husband to-be. Of course, he must have prepared for this. But the list is somewhat exorbitant and paying all these things will mean a less posh wedding........

My question: Should a woman who's financially stable assist her to-be with money for payment of the bride price or completion of the rites??

Is it advisable??

Pls no matter how nice the Lady might be,pls dont let her pay her own bride price,Because bride price is symbolic.You can only tell her to talk with her people if they can reduce the bride price for you.I know your bride must be an ibo chick,We all know that Ibo parents demand a lot from their future inlaw,so just like I advised a friend of mine,Impregnate the girl as soon as possible and see if they wont reduce the bride price.infact they will even beg you to come and take her for free.Do this and you will thank me later.Dont waste time o.

8 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? by kilokeys(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
when d list includes blackberry for father mother and siblings.. and they want blackberry passport.

personally .. i would love to foot my bills.

i would always have enough to pay d bride price.. maybe not from d east.. ill get it cheaper else where

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elder Bros Wife Mouthed Me Out! What do I do now? / 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad / Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.