Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (28460 Views)

Obiano Remembers Biafran Heroes, Erects Cenotaph With Their Names (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Commissions 2nd Nkpogu Bridge With Wike (pics) / Photos: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by ethicalUser(m): 8:13am On Jan 15, 2015
bola4dprec:
Obama do visited soldier at war front during Afghanistan struggle as a commander in chiefs of the armed forces
Because they have highly intelligent secret agents who can uncover any plot to assassinate him. Unlike ours who's have been compromised and unintelligent they can sell their masters for a change. No wise president in present day Nigeria will make such move. If he goes there and get killed you will still come here and say its his cluelessness that got him killed .Ask obasanjo if he visited the creeks when naija delta militants where on rampage. Pls cut GEJ some slack.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by TunjiMsp: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Acidosis:

I pity the innocent victims, but I refuse to be blinded by senseless statements from oppositions.

Most of those asking, propagating, shouting and demanding a visit by Mr President to Chibok actually want him dead. They already know Boko Haram (or via their compromised soldiers) will strike once the President lands.

They all do not mean well for both Chibok girls, and Mr President. Now that Mr President refused to meet their "wicked" plans, they turn around the whole story in their favour to win the heart of the gullible ones.

Boko Haram is a tool designed to disrupt this administration. Those who are behind this sect live amongst the people, they use their own people via explosives to destroy the masses; and then turn around to blame Mr President.

Who in his right senses will assume a visit to Chibok by Mr president will end the insurgency??

Bama needs soldiers and weapons, not a visit by a civilian president.
and has the president provided them with those weapon that's Needed, that's the failure of the president, now who is been sentimental?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by farem: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2015
[color=#770077][/color][quote author=superneutral post=29801534

pple no dey sleep nii[/quote]

Can you convince this house that you're part of the bolded?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2015
TunjiMsp:
and has the president provided them with those weapon that's Needed, that's the failure of the president, now who is been sentimental?
I do not subscribe to that belief that says Nigerian Soldiers are weapon - less.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2015
My Heart Bleeds!!!!!!!!!

I followed up the killings of 17 victims (Charlie and others) in 3 despicable terrorist acts last week in france which prompted a unity march of 1.5 million people including 40 world leaders in Paris.

I saw true patriotism, I saw people showing great love for their country. I saw clerics, government officials and security operatives express great concern for the lives of the citizens of france and as well the peace and unity of france.

But in my own country it is a different story!

Why?

Last week more than 2000 civilians including women and children were massacred by terrorists in Baga.

On Saturday Damaturu was under heavy bombardment by terrorists.

On Sunday another heavy bombing in portiskum!

And today another bomb blast in Gombe!

My heart bleeds!

Nobody cares!

Children are dying!

Leaders are dying while the old are seeking presidential power!

Things are going wrong, walls are falling apart and the center no longer holds yet Pastors and others Religious leaders are busy endorsing their best candidates for the forthcoming elections!

Shame on you all!

May God have Mercy on you all!

The Average Nigerian Man is a mediocre. Who is always after the NOW!

Brainwashed Idiots!

The people who make you sit under the sun shouting 'PDP POWER'! 'APC CHANGE"! All have their children schooling abroad with so many citizenship. But you are here shouting all your strength and after it all you are given 500 Naira(4$)!

Shame on you all!

People no longer seek the peace of our fatherland but for their choice party to wins elections. Yet you pray for development?

You must be mad! Because no investor will invest in such economy.

Oh Lord Have Mercy!

The igbos shouting, Divide Nigeria!

The Hausa's shouting, Power is ours!

Is there any Pastor Preaching Truth and Calling For Peace in This Country?

Who will march, pray or preach when they are all in the stadium's endorsing one good for nothing politician.

No world leader is planning a trip to Nigeria and yet we are the Giants of Africa!

Giants my foot!

We are dwarfs!

Our Glory is Lost!

Our country is now a place where refuses are dumped.

Planes that aren't working are imported here and used. Putting peoples lives at risk.

Japan, America, Russia and all including China, train their youths to be the best so they could explore nigeria's wealth and invest in their country whereby making it a better place. But Nigeria train her youth to become Labourers for them.

A country where the youth testify and celebrate when they get visa to travel to Qatar for a security guard job!

A country where a Masters. Degree Holder is a Truck driver.

A country where our Military fight without guns and outdated ammunitions!

A country where we have graduated illiterates.

A country that has graduate fools with good degrees from stupid universities.

Our educational system is a mess. The worse of all! All they show you is the picture, the exterior. More than 500 students in a Small room called a Lab without chairs only a flask and yet it is a medical Lab.

No wonder our medical doctors normally forget needles in the body of their patients!

If the hospitals were good enough, why don't the politicians patronise them, instead they run to india or America.

Its a pity!

Shame on you all!

Are you building a country where you can raise your kids or invest?

My Heart Bleeds!

I call on the international community to come to our rescue, people are dying.

Please come!

Come and save a dying Nation!

Come and save Nigeria!

I call on My Fellow Nigerians!

Arise O Compatriot!

Nigeria Call Obey!

Let's Serve Our FatherLand With Love Strength And Faith!

Let's refuse to sell our integrity!

Let's join hands and say no to this extra judicial killings!

Like our facebook page www.facebook.com/MHB4N

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2015
MadCow1:
See as the Names of the Soldiers alone don full two black board..

What of the cenotaph for the victims? That one go require bigger blackboard with more space for future use because as I type, more NIGERIANS and soldiers are dying..

If Jonathan is this weak against Boko Haram, if any other nation decides to invade our land, best believe that we are all going to die..

We took a Fisherman and made him commander in chief.. Now we are all dying like fishes. angry
Laughing at your signature......But then if GEJ is weak then you are really a mad cow

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2015
babadee1:
It's easy to commission structures. Has he ever visited the soldiers at the war front to encourage them even once? It's good to remember the dead but it's also important to remember the living, to boost their morale.
Oga,u dey tok o. Visit dem at the War Front? nawa o. How can that be possible? Am not supporting him o,i no jst nderstnd wetn u mean.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Olumi4eva: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2015
Sexysammy:
My Heart Bleeds!!!!!!!!!

I followed up the killings of 17 victims (Charlie and others) in 3 despicable terrorist acts last week in france which prompted a unity march of 1.5 million people including 40 world leaders in Paris.

I saw true patriotism, I saw people showing great love for their country. I saw clerics, government officials and security operatives express great concern for the lives of the citizens of france and as well the peace and unity of france.

Why?

Last week more than 2000 civilians including women and children were massacred by terrorists in Baga.

My heart bleeds!

Nobody cares!

Children are dying!

Things are going wrong, walls are falling apart and the center no longer holds yet Pastors and others Religious leaders are busy endorsing their best candidates for the forthcoming elections!

Shame on you all!

Brainwashed Idiots!

The people who make you sit under the sun shouting 'PDP POWER'! 'APC CHANGE"! All have their children schooling abroad with so many citizenship. But you are here shouting all your strength and after it all you are given 500 Naira(4$)!

Shame on you all!

People no longer seek the peace of our fatherland but for their choice party to wins elections. Yet you pray for development?

Oh Lord Have Mercy!

Who will march, pray or preach when they are all in the stadium's endorsing one good for nothing politician.

No world leader is planning a trip to Nigeria and yet we are the Giants of Africa!

Giants my foot!

We are dwarfs!

Our Glory is Lost!

Planes that aren't working are imported here and used. Putting peoples lives at risk.

Japan, America, Russia and all including China, train their youths to be the best so they could explore nigeria's wealth and invest in their country whereby making it a better place. But Nigeria train her youth to become Labourers for them.

A country where the youth testify and celebrate when they get visa to travel to Qatar for a security guard job!

Our educational system is a mess. The worse of all! All they show you is the picture, the exterior. More than 500 students in a Small room called a Lab without chairs only a flask and yet it is a medical Lab.

No wonder our medical doctors normally forget needles in the body of their patients!

If the hospitals were good enough, why don't the politicians patronise them, instead they run to india or America.

Its a pity!

Shame on you all!

My Heart Bleeds!

Please come!

Come and save Nigeria!

Arise O Compatriot!

Nigeria Call Obey!

God bless u. Nigeria has trully ceased to b a country but a jungle. Is now just survival of the fitted
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by bola4dprec(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2015
ethicalUser:

Because they have highly intelligent secret agents who can uncover any plot to assassinate him. Unlike ours who's have been compromised and unintelligent they can sell their masters for a change.
Nigeria is not a nation
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by cocokiller1(f): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2015
aresa:
Look at the useless clown honoring the same soldiers he killed due to lack of proper tools to fight with, support and motivation. This idiotic gesture remains meaningless and irrelevant till this incompetent loser is either in jail or back to his village...
blame buhari's boys 4 killing the soldiers
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by franksam2009: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2015
Kororugged:
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH...

This outgoing president is a comedian.

The troops on ground complain about the lack of resources and equipments, instead of him to listen, he jails them and some of them have been sentenced to death.

Now he is commissioning some senseless cenotaph embarassed

Is this what will bring security to Nigeria?

Shiooorrr....
I can see you have a brain problem, must you blame the president for everything? Wetin concern president with army law? even if he did release them people will still say he supports boko that's y he release soldiers that won't fight, for their next life if they want join military, they should read the form and manuscript carefully before signing it
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by babadee1(m): 9:16am On Jan 15, 2015
joshuaidibia:
Oga,u dey tok o. Visit dem at the War Front? nawa o. How can that be possible? Am not supporting him o,i no jst nderstnd wetn u mean.

There is a long history of strong leaders visiting their troops when a country is at war in order to lift their spirits and boost their morale. For example, Bush went to visit his troops in Iraq and Obama has gone to visit his troops in Afghanistan more than once. By war front I don't mean the actual theater of fighting. A visit can be staged in a neutral territory close enough to where the troops are based but far enough for the safety of the president to be guaranteed. They will appreciate it and it will also make him look strong.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by donodion(m): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Relax; save the anger for Buhari's administration smiley

True that Acidosis.

Buhari/Osibanjo have their first fours years to prove they are capable and can deliver.

There are too numerous problems they will inherit from past and ncumbent government,yes but they need to pove themselves else..the same fate meted out to GEJ/PDP awaits them.

Nigerians,incluing my self campaigned and voted for Jonathan,not PDP, been a South Southerner and what do we get in return?

All what our founding fathers bled,fought and died for have either been "privatised",sold as scrap or left to rot away.

GE and PDP must GO!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by babadee1(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2015
ethicalUser:

Because they have highly intelligent secret agents who can uncover any plot to assassinate him. Unlike ours who's have been compromised and unintelligent they can sell their masters for a change. No wise president in present day Nigeria will make such move. If he goes there and get killed you will still come here and say its his cluelessness that got him killed .Ask obasanjo if he visited the creeks when naija delta militants where on rampage. Pls cut GEJ some slack.

Obasanjo didn't visit the creeks but he visited Delta and Rivers states during the height of the niger delta crisis. He went there to at least show his face. Since this boko haram problem blew up Jonathan has not even shown his face in any of the affected states or even neighbouring states sef. It almost looks like he doesn't care about those people.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by chrysla: 9:27am On Jan 15, 2015
well said............i cant wait for him to leave office.
Kororugged:
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH...

The troops on ground complain about the lack of resources and equipments, instead of him to listen, he jails them and some of them have been sentenced to death.

Shiooorrr....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2015
babadee1:

There is a long history of strong leaders visiting their troops when a country is at war in order to lift their spirits and boost their morale. For example, Bush went to visit his troops in Iraq and Obama has gone to visit his troops in Afghanistan more than once. By war front I don't mean the actual theater of fighting. A visit can be staged in a neutral territory close enough to where the troops are based but far enough for the safety of the president to be guaranteed. They will appreciate it and it will also make him look strong.
Ok. i understand ur opinion now. From what u explained, it is different from war front.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by stigman(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2015
Kororugged:
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH...

Shiooorrr....

From all your post I don't think you know much about politics or is it the money you collected that is making you write all this
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by peeberry2(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2015
aresa:
Look at the useless clown honoring the same soldiers he killed due to lack of proper tools to fight with, support and motivation. This idiotic gesture remains meaningless and irrelevant till this incompetent loser is either in jail or back to his village...
in shiomole voice...."go and die".
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Kororugged: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2015
faladeSM1132:

[s]You're a basterd for saying that,
is jonathan brothers are boko-haram?
is any body killing each other in niger/delta or other civilized area of the country?
is jonathan the cause for non accepted best education by northernal since Obafemi Awolowo time of campain for free education to the north side of nigeria?
you're now blamming Goodluck for not give oder to nigerian army to go and kill all maiduguri people ,
abi??[/s]?

You are a PDP member so I dont expect any better from you. Your English is pathetic

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by peeberry2(m): 10:10am On Jan 15, 2015
babadee1:
It's easy to commission structures. Has he ever visited the soldiers at the war front to encourage them even once? It's good to remember the dead but it's also important to remember the living, to boost their morale.
a president should visit soldiers at war front,y do we av commandersatyms I wonder if u think wity your anus.how many tyms av u gone to visit the sick,d motherless baby home and even prisoners in jail talk less of u going to the war front to visit soldiers.too much politics is taking ur sense pls drop it not good for ur health...
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by peeberry2(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Kinkale:
Y didnt he arm them so that they could live to atleast see something more meaningful
in war soldiers die to protect their citizens and motherland.no matter how arm they were there will still be dead records so keep shut.....must u criticize all the time?.if e no do ona go talk,if e come do ona go still talk chuuuuuuuuu.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by peeberry2(m): 10:31am On Jan 15, 2015
Kororugged:
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH...

Shiooorrr....
yes it will bring security to Nigeria because it will motivate more Nigeria youth to join the army and fight bokoharam knowing fully well that if they die in the battle field their name will be remember forever and their story will be told from generation to generation.they are the heroes of Nigeria not ur APC politicians, not even u criticizing the good work of your President..... so feel free to join the Nigeria army and put a bullet on your skull at the sight of boko haram and your name will be there too...
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by gbounty: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2015
For many months, attention had shifted to the North-East, where the insurgency seemed to have circumscribed itself.
Thousands of people dead and that in a country not officially at war. But are we not at war? We are! Nigeria is at war with herself. A country that never fulfilled her potentials, which made a mess of herself by bad leadership, corruption, castigation, suspicion, and finally, terrorism.
The question here is this; What did you do as a president when the soldiers suspected a foul play and accused authorities of the division of possible information leakage to the terrorists about their operation? At this point I asked who and where was the Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by Motolank: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
img]President Jonathan today commissioned a cenotaph in Abuja in remembrance of military men and women who were killed in the North East while fighting Boko Haram militants from 2011 to 2014. The cenotaph, an empty tomb built to honor a group of people whose bodies are elsewhere, was built at the National Military cemetry in Abuja. Another pis after

[/quote]
What about the alive CHIBOK GIRLS?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by fairheven: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Rubbish..putin the "putin the cat before the horse"
1.first,go an release those soldiers that were condemned to death because you can't force someone to fight a terrorist wit machete,while you watch your military chiefs embezzle billions budgeted for weapons.
2.if they gone to battle an got killed,you will still erect a useless cenotaph in their memories ba
3.the ones that have been killed,wat have you done to assuage their family members who have been crying against neglect by your clueless government,so wat use is cenotaph
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by fairheven: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
Sexysammy:
My Heart Bleeds!!!!!!!!!

Why?

My heart bleeds!

Nobody cares!

Children are dying!

Shame on you all!

Brainwashed Idiots!

Shame on you all!

Oh Lord Have Mercy!

Giants my foot!

We are dwarfs!

Our Glory is Lost!

Its a pity!

Shame on you all!

My Heart Bleeds!

Please come!

Come and save Nigeria!

Arise O Compatriot!

Nigeria Call Obey!

True talk!but do you blame nigerian for been inconsiderate when our commander in chief was buzy campaigning for election the same they day those hundreds of lives were lost in the hands of BOKO HARAM.?
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by rebranded(m): 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
niggadee:
Oh boy see plenty names. Rest in peace to the brave one

At least 600 names if not more
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by maum: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
Please, please, those writings on the lower part of the structure, are those people's names I'm seeing?! shocked shocked
Oh they're soo many we've lost if those are names.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by MadCow1: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
chimoz:

Laughing at your signature......But then if GEJ is weak then you are really a mad cow

Should I swear for you to have a first hand experience of GEJs weakness and ineptitude?

Look at that cenotaph.. Those are names of soldiers that have died from an insurgency, not a war. Imagine that we have lost more soldiers on nigerian soil than we lose on ECOMOG peace keeping missions.

You think it does not reek of weakness that under his regime, Nigerias Police Head Quarters (the number 1 most fortified Police station in Nigeria) was breached.. Infact, they almost killed the Inspector General in that attack. Or the fact that the Nigerian Army Head Quarters in Borno State Has been hit severally..

Or the fact that Boko Haram has over run Nigerian military bases and installations severally and carted away weapons, burnt jets and killed officers severally is not a sign of weakness?

Let me ask you.... What do you define as weakness with regards to a President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces..

Compare GEJ and Boko haram to the latest happenings in France and Pakistan and tell me who the weakest of the 3 really is.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by BlackLeopard(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
babadee1:

That's a fucking stupid idea. Him at the war front would immediately paint a target on himself and the troop he's with, he'd be a liability to them they need to take care of, and he'd be a problem, because he's not a combatant that'd take care of himself and by their own employment & honor codes they'd be *obliged* to ensure his security first and foremost, not theirs.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by babadee1(m): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
BlackLeopard:

That's a fucking stupid idea. Him at the war front would immediately paint a target on himself and the troop he's with, he'd be a liability to them they need to take care of, and he'd be a problem, because he's not a combatant that'd take care of himself and by their own employment & honor codes they'd be *obliged* to ensure his security first and foremost, not theirs.

What I suggested he should do is what he just did today. War front doesn't necessarily mean actual theater of fighting.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) by BlackLeopard(m): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
babadee1:

What I suggested he should do is what he just did today. War front doesn't necessarily mean actual theater of fighting.

That's true, yes. I tend to read war front as = front lines of combat.

Seeing what ya mean, then.

In agreement he should do direct action & not sabotage soldier's lives like all the mess with SF 111 for one, not gestures for popularity and press.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governors Ganduje, Ajimobi And Yari's Photo: See Hilarious Caption / ICC To Investigate Killings In Operation Python Dance / Why Osibanjo Not Participating In Tinubu’s Rallies – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.