Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Flow And Snow - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flow And Snow (174645 Views)

Melting Snow. / Out In The Snow. / The Sun In The Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flow And Snow by Ndukings92(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Flow day don break abeg
Re: Flow And Snow by Psalmwise(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
WEldon bro...,u re onderful

Lolx...,u re d bomb
Re: Flow And Snow by buoye1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
Lol...I been think say supermod ban me now...I see it general...oya flow carry on,but u need to deal with that bald headed guy..na thief him be
Re: Flow And Snow by terrificjoe(m): 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
More G4 to ur belle... Do cum post o cuz bois are nt smiling @ all
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 10:57am On Feb 02, 2015
The ATM queue was longer than River Nile as i waited for my turn for close to Methuselah’s years.

“I am behind this brother oh!” A dark tall guy said.

“no oh! You are not there oh, I didn’t meet you there when I came” A not too ugly and not too fine lady refused the guy entrance using her “SIM card like a’ss” to form a fortress.

“I go press your n’yash oh!! Comot for road make I enter line”

“if you like press am, I no go still allow you enter this line”

“oga!!! Na the n’yash dey hungry you to press abi na to enter the line” One Lady said.

“abi oh!!!” I supported. Like the n’yash was even attractive.

Soon it was my turn to withdraw.

I withdrew 10,000 naira first bearing in mind that most ATM paid a maximum of 40,000 at a time.

I had finished entering the required amount and I sent.

Few seconds and all I heard was a “click” sound twice, then I turned momentarily to see that the SIM card a’ss Lady and the dark guy were struggling who would me next, pushing each other like there were dancing Shoki.

As I turned to the ATM machine to see if my cash was dispensed, I saw something strange on the screen, it read: “Out of service!!! Available shortly!!!”. I smiled thinking the machine just went to have Lunch, that it would be back in jiffy. Not knowing it had had my ATM card for lunch.

“oga!!! You wan sleep for the machine?”

“allow other people withdraw na”

“na your Papa Parlour?” Trust Nigerians.

“the service for the machine don go” I announced to the crowd.

The security man on duty came to announce some minutes later that engineers were working on the machine, that it would come up in split seconds. It at that moment occurred to me that my card wasn’t out; it had been seized.

While I waited for the machine, I received Ife’s call telling me to fly home if possible, I told her I was already on my way home, that I was with the money already. After the call, I saw that I had five unread messages.

I had received a text message from MTN that said I should subscribe to one “Health tip” trash, I had received another text from MTN saying I should subscribe to one Fuji music by Kwam 1 as caller tune. I had received a text from Ife saying I should hurry up. I had received a text from my bank saying I had withdrawn 10,000 naira from my account, which was true, yet I received another text that was not true………………. It was also from my bank, and it said I had withdrawn 40,000 naira.

“Ooooooooh God!!!!!!!” I cried.

“what is the problem?” One man asked.

“I have received an alert of a money I have not received”

“e good for you!!” The SIM card a’ss Lady was really on my case.

“wetin do this other machine sef?” One man asked the Security man.

“that one no good”

“oga this machine don swallow this guy ATM card oh!!” One Albino told the security man.

“e go give am back” The security man said.

“what of my money? I don receive alert say I don withdraw money wey I no see” I felt cloud of tears gathering.

“I no know that one oh, you go go inside bank go complain oh”

All of sudden, the machine made the infamous click sound and my card miraculously came out. The security man confirmed that other customers can withdraw and that the problem had been resolved.

Oh how I wished I allowed the SIM card Lady and the dark guy to withdraw before me. They both looked at me with about 100litres of Pity and I looked at the Bank's building with about 300litres of Anger.

I filled the required form and I was told to return in the next 48hours to collect my cash.

At Orile Bus stop, all that was on my “already losing” mind was how I would explain to Ife. “Should I tell her my pocket was picked? Should I tell her I have a licking pocket? Should I tell her the truth?” These and many more were the questions I asked myself.

I concluded that it was best that the truth be told.

I was still lost in my thoughts not looking at where I was going when………. “puuuuuuuuuuuuuuooooooooooo!!” I collided with an Agege bread seller with her uncovered bread landing in the gutter.

“Cast your bread in waters and it wouldn’t remain the same” is the best quote to describe the about 14 loaves of bread that fell into the disgusting gutter.

“you must pay me my money oh!!!” The “bad breathed, tribal marked” Lady held my shirt.

“I no know do am na” I begged
“whether you know, whether you no know, you must pay me” She dangled her huge b’reast on my chest.

“no vex na, abeg!!!!”

“shey na abeg I go chop? Abi na abeg I go use pay my children school fees?” She lamented.

From nowhere came a b’utt faced guy. His face has no best description but “b’utt face”; with a partition that looked more like the lines indicating River Niger and River Benue in the map of Nigeria. And of course, his head looked like the map of Nigeria, and his ears like that of Ghana.

“oboy pay her her money for her bread joooooooor! Abi shey wan shepe fun Iyalaya e?” Mr B’utt face cursed.

“them no swear for my Mama Mama” I answered.

“ok! If them no swear for your Mama Mama, give her her money”

“but I no get money na!!” I complained.

“you no get money abi?” Mr B’utt face showed me the Kitchen knife he tucked in his waist.

“na me you wan threaten with knife? na your bread i pour?”

“yes na my bread, this woman na my mama, you go just die sara if you no pay her!!!” Like he was died serious.

And I was died serious too increasing my “sheonwu” nature.
In Igbo, “sheonwu” means acting unnecessarily stubborn.

I wanted to act stubborn, but as I turned and saw that there was a massive crowd gathered already, I changed my mind.

“I go pay!!!!”

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 11:44am On Feb 02, 2015
Dear ardent Readers, inasmuch as is i try my best possible to alter the names of persons and that of places, this and other of my stories are true life.

The other day i saw a Nairalander where i went for a job interview; he was able to identify me as flow1759 because he added me on a social media network as a friend and we had been chatting. He asked if my "Man wey dey reason" story was true, and i told him "yes" and he was marveled. Another Nairalander i called asked me how real this story is, and i told him it is as real as Wole Shoyinka's hair, he was also marveled.

So the moral of what i am saying is that, why i haven't written anything since "Man wey dey reason" was becuase i was compiling this story as it unfolded.

Make una continue to enjoy "Flow and Snow".

STILL I FLOW.

PS: This might be my last story on Nairaland. Or so i thought. But yet it promises to be the best.

8 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by Mutaino7(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2015
I dhey ur back like hunch.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
i hail u mutaino

1 Like

Re: Flow And Snow by jditimiya(m): 5:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
flow1789 I was so happy when I heard ur call. but hearing these I am not too happy that these will be your last post. please we can transform these story to a good movie.
Re: Flow And Snow by Spongia1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
Flow, for this story, me I go follow you to the end! STILL I FOLLOW
Re: Flow And Snow by Realgana(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
How Man and Brain box dem?
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
I thought of the money I gave the bread seller as a great loss. I gave her 4,000 naira from the 10,000 naira I withdrew. I gave her not because I was scared of the guy with the knife, but because I had pity on the poor woman. But again, 4,000 naira was too much.

“wetin I do wey problem problem go just dey follow me, abi dem swear for me from village”

“abi I be problem child?” I was lost in my thought when I saw myself passing House number 1 that I was going.

I pressed the door bell as Ife and her smiling face came to open the door even before I finished pressing.

“wetin I go tell this girl say happen to the money oooooh?”

“Peter you are welcome, what do I offer you?” I was surprised.

“ehnnnn! I am not hungry” The b’alls of Moi Moi was still as strong as stone in my stomach.

“can I at least offer you water?”

If there was one thing I needed to drink at that moment, that thing was water, very chilled water. Chilled water that would send messages in Zeros and Ones of what to tell the draconian Ife.

As i drank the chilled water, I concluded to tell her nothing but the truth.

“ehnnn! Ife I want to tell you something that happened……..”

“don’t tell me, I already know” I couldn’t finish before she cut me.

“I already know that my mum caught you and my elder sister in my parent’s matrimonial bed”

“and since then, my mum have hated you like a plague”

“I could make her like you, you know?”

“how??” I shouted.

I really needed back the lost Love of Mrs Akeju, especially the one that filled my stomach with delicacies. The love that made me got recieved tips, the Love that made me received more clothes and shoes than my colleagues when she shared her husband's old clothes and shoes to his workers, the Love that made me cruised her car as her weekend driver. The lost Love. All thanks to Funmi.

“just play according to my rules, and you will have my mum’s love back”

“what rule?” She stood up and walked towards me.

“rule number one, I want you to leave Funmi for me, when I mean leave, I mean permanently”

“rule number two, I want you to be my boy”

“rule number three, I want you to service my engine just the way you have been servicing Funmi’s” She stood in front of me and I saw a reflection of myself in her “mirror like” hot legs.

Ife had legs that were hotter than a volcanic eruption. Her hot legs could melt Steel, cook red Beans, Fry Plantain, roast Cocoa yam all at the same time.

“ And when you follow this rules to the latter, your benefits are limitless”

“benefits like financial improvement, and you will not need to do this suffer head job all the time ” That was the same promises Funmi made the first day I had s’ex with her.

She gave me a peck and took her soft touching hands to my Prime Minister region.

“or don’t you like me?”

“I dey craze? Why I no go like you?” I had always liked Ife not Funmi, But ab initio, Ife had always hated me like I was a child with p’oo on his b’utt with flies clustered. She advised Funmi not to play "ball" with me that I was from a poor home, and that I had no future, that I can’t marry her, and that I was still seeing Kel, that I had bad table manners, and that I had bad breathe, that I fart a lot, and that I had a big head, etcetera etcetera. The same Ife wanted me to be her boy.

“hahahahahahahaha! You are funny” she had sat on my laps almost breaking my Prime Minister.

“but, but Funmi will kill me if she noticed I had started seeing you”

Funmi had told me a story of a guy she dated that she placed on house arrest for Four days just because he cheated on her. That the guy almost lost his p’enis as it worked morning, afternoon, night all through the Four days period or else Funmi would had sliced it and cooked it as Carrot in Fried Rice.

“who is Funmi? She can’t do you anything jor”

“look, I know you are a strong man, and I also know that you can deliver in bed”

“I had always Liked you, but is just that I don’t want to share a man with my elder sister, that is why I said you should leave her for me permanently” I could feel my Prime Minister growing taller.

I adjusted my Prime Minister to the left and I saw it heading towards my trouser pocket like a Snake would.

“wow!!! Your kini is really big oh!!!”

“yes, it’s like balloon, I inflate it every morning”

“hahahahahahah! can I see how big it is?”

“ehenn!!!!!! I wanted to tell you something, my bank’s network was down, so I couldn’t withdraw that money”

“ssssssssshhhhhhh! Is that what I asked you?” She put a finger to shut my mouth.

“aaaaaah! you want to see it? It is very big oh, you might lose your breath when you see it” I teased.

“can I see it pls” she was becoming impatient.

“or do you want me to open and see for myself?” She was already unzipping.

“I hope you don’t regret seeing it?”

“the only thing I will regret is when you will kill me in bed today” She was dragging me to her room.

As I got to her room, the first thing my eyes flashed on was the picture of Jesus Christ on the cross.

“Father forgive me, it is the woman” I shift blames like Adam did.

She hurriedly tore my buttons as she took of my shirt.

“I no want to do this thing” I almost said.

I was n’aked before a twinkle of an eye, and we started.

The room was full of Ife's Honey well, as everywhere my Prime minister went, it met with her Honey well.

There is no gainsaying that Funmi was delicious, Ife was super delicious.

“harder!!! Harder!!! Ahhhhhh! Harder!!!”She moaned, “harder” sounded like “Ada”.

“who be Ada?”

“in!! in!! in!!” She continued moaning, “In” sounded like our neighbour's name “Ini”.

I rammed really hard on her sweating profusely.

We had resumed second half when I heard; “Ife!!!!!!”

It was her mum.

“Oh!!!!!!! not again” I cried.

I heard her footstep walking towards Ife’s room, so i jumped out of the bed and dashed into the wardrobe.

“be careful!!!! the wardrobe is not good oh!!!!” I heard Ife cautioned.

Even a damaged wardrobe could serve as a best hiding place in situations like that.

“kpaoooonnnnnn!!!” I sank into what looked like a hole and: “guooooomn!!” a big board landed on my head.

“yeaaaaheeeeee!!!!! My head ooooh!!!!!!” I cried out.

"sorry Love!!!!!!! did it hurt?" Ife asked a stupid question.

"no e no hurt, it sweets!!!!" I almost answered.

The board weighed heavily on my head that I used one hand to push it upwards.

Suddenly, Ife opened the wardrobe door and threw in her p’anties as well as my clothes.

The p’anties saw no best place to land on but my face.

I wanted to remove the smelling p’anties from my face with my only free hand when Ife said; “the door is not good, hold it!!”, so i hurriedly held the wardrobe door.

Since my both hands were occupied, I left the p’anties on my face making me look like a younger brother to Lagbaja, as i thought i saw something that looked like Maggot crawled into my mouth.

“Ife, the carpenter guy is here to repair your Wardrobe” Mrs Akeju Announced.

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by Warlord3000(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
Why do you writers always stop at the suspense time na shocked

You better hurry up and finish the wardrobe with the carpenter kia kia now wink
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Warlord this one na small suspence, you never see suspence at all.
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Realgana, Man dey Okopoly dey study mechanical engineering, brainbox get one job for mbaise
Re: Flow And Snow by Ramwab94(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
"Ife, The Carpenter guy is here to repair your wardrobe." Mrs Akeju Announced.

Flow, Nwane, una don enter 'One Chance' be dat na. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Keep flowing Anyway!
Re: Flow And Snow by 4kizo(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
the Carpenter!!!!!! flow u don't enter hot soup
meanwhile dat lagbaja part got me laughing like mad man
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
make una no vex, I was fre.aking busy today, I just pray same wouldn't repeat tomorrow. I just pray.
Re: Flow And Snow by aprilwise(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
Your story makes me laugh.
Re: Flow And Snow by Warlord3000(m): 4:29am On Feb 05, 2015
flow1759:
make una no vex, I was fre.aking busy today, I just pray same wouldn't repeat tomorrow. I just pray.

At least I can quote you to hurry up along now cheesy
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
“I swear if you no pay me my money, I go show you pepper!! Ahan!! Since one month now, you dey owe me, and you no wan give me, abi na bad thing I do to borrow you money?” Segun fired.

“guy shebi I don pay you 25k last week, I go pay you the rest by next week na” I pleaded.

“oboy na now I want my money, that is why I no dey like una ibo boys, una too dey cheat”

“guy I no cheat you, I go give you your money next week if I chop for Nairabet” I promised.

I had been playing Nairabet since the day I was well tutored in the nitty gritty by James the award winning gambler, a gambler that Eats Sleeps, Drinks and Worships gambling. His favorite quote was: “Life is a Gamble, you loss or you win, but I prefer to win”, and he always won 70% of the time he gambled. He changed from being an Arsenal Fc fan to being a Manchester United fan when Arsenal lost to Totenham on their home soil; and since that day he hated Arsene Wenger for his team not scoring a goal that would have made him smiled to the bank to win 50,000 naira in a bet.

I too hated Arsenal for cutting my game and making me lose 46,500 naira in a game they were suppose to win that they drew. That was the money I would had paid Segun and sent the rest to my younger ones in school.

I would had paid Segun his balance from the money Ife rejected and still had some left for my siblings, but something happened. Something that made me lose money big time.

Baba Ijebu.

James introduced me to Baba Ijebu and woe betide him for that.

He had advised me to play a game that he assured me would yield. I obliged because I had just won some money on Nairabet two days earlier. James told me I needed to play with at least 60,000 in other to win at least 200,000 Naira, so I withdrew the money Ife forfeited, add it up to the money I had won on Nairabet and played the Game called Baba Ijebu.

“Flow!!!! No worry, Baba Ijebu must pay you” he assured as we walked towards opposite the cantonment.

Opposite the cantonment was the home of Baba Ijebu; where so many Baba Ijebu spot were located; in different shapes and sizes.
As I brought out the money to give to the Baba Ijebu attendant, I felt the warmt of the money and it sent cold down my kidney.

“all die na die!!!!” I told myself and I handed over the money to Muniru the Tribal marked guy. Muniru always had this “no worry Baba Ijebu go pay you” look on his face.

That day, he gave me that look, and I in turn gave him “if Baba Ijebu no pay me I no go die” look. Truth be told losing 60,000 could make me go nuts and hit the streets on rags. But on my way to the streets, I will first of all get to the house of the invincible Baba Ijebu and shot him dead.

Legend has it that Baba Ijebu has its root from ijebu, but I sometimes wished it started form Onitsha and it was called “Nna Onitsha”. Nna Onitsha would had been far better than Baba Ijebu because Nna Onitsha would had given room for dialogue with losers. Dialogue like: “Nna Onitsha biko achom ka e nye ego kam gba game ozo, m’winea , a gama e nye gi half ihe m’winerre” PS: Engli-Igbo included.

“You wey James dey deceive, you think say u fit win?” Segun said.

“forget, I go win, and when I win, I go pay you your money, add interest, come buy you beer on top am sef” I promised.

“you no go fit win, bet me!!!” Segun spoke like he had seen the future.

“even if I no win, I go still pay you your money”

“how?”

“when we reach that time you go know” I spoke like my friend Chinonso aka “Man wey dey Reason”.

What gave me the assurance that I would somehow pay Segun even if I lost the bet was because Funmi had promised me some money. Money I would get only if I showed workings. And I had promised that that would be the last workings I would show, so I planned to show it to the fullest, balancing all equations; both Simultaneous and Quadratic.

“kpoon kpooon!! Segun dey house?” I knocked at the gigantic door of the Onis.

“him no dey, him don go Camp 2 field go play ball” His younger brother Ade informed.

“ok!!!! na true oh!!!, Ade abeg borrow me that your boot make I use go nack ball”

He left the Keyboard he was playing and went to fetch me his original Nike boot. I tried if I could play something nice with the keyboard but what I was playing sounded like the instrumental of the national anthem of Swaziland.

“so you never still sabi how to play keyboard?” he returned with the boot.

“no I still sabi na, all those things wey you teach me, I never forget them na”

Ade had taught I and his Brother Segun how to play Keyboard but I just can’t tell if all what he taught me went with the bottle of Fura de Nunu I drank whenever he taught us.

Fura de Nunu was second to none in the cantonment, in our part of the cantonment rather. It had made some barrack boys went from being brilliant to being the world's dullest, for example Olu.

Olu before meeting Fura de Nunu took 47 out of 51 in class, but when he met Fura de Nunu his position changed for the “better”; he started taking 51 out of 51. I say his condition changed for the “better” because he dropped out of school after repeating a class twice, and he ended up being a waiter at “Cusa de barki” the head quarters of Fura de Nunu in the Mammy market.

I was told “Cusa de Barki” means “Close to the mouth” in Hausa. For sure whoever sat at that seat out to Drink Fura always brought the drink close to his mouth to gulp down.

“this your boot don dey old oh”

“na brother Segun dey use use am well well before him buy him new boot na” He spoke the truth, Segun had changed boot about Fourteen times.

I will never forget the boot that fetched Segun the name “Mathematical Sege” or “The mathematician”.

It all started one evening while we were playing football at Camp 2 field and Segun happened to be wearing what was later called “Mathematics” boot. The boot was old and cried to be replaced, yet he wore it always. Whenever he wore the boot playing, it always went off his foot every 2 minutes, fetching him about three red cards on three occasions. So one faithful day……………

One unfaithful day rather, Segun dribbled all the defenders of our opponent, and when it was time to score, he shot a straight “bulleted” shot to the goal of the opponent. It was a goal for sure, or should I say it was a Double goal; One to the Net, the other to the Nose.

The Goalkeeper almost bled to death when Segun’s right boot pulled out and struck his Nose, he was rushed to the MRS where his Nose was treated but it never remained the same. Guess who that goalkeeper was?

Sir White.

Segun said his role model in Football was Segun Odegbami, little wonder the name he crowned himself just because he played the same wing as his role model, and little wonder he scored wonderful goals to the Net and to the Nose.

“e don tey wey Segun go Camp 2 field?” I asked.

“e don tey small oh” Ade answered.

“that mean say I don miss well well oh, I go enter second half be that”

There were so many pitches in the cantonment, but Camp two was the best. It stood about 200 meters from the cantonment parade ground as the crow flies, it have nurtured so many stars and had also killed so many like Imeh that caught an injury that lasted for about eternity. Camp 2 field was bigger than Stanford bridge and a little bit smaller than Emirate yet jogging round it was like jogging round both Stadia twice. And that was the punishment given to late comers like myself.

I was really gingered by the Alomo bitters I drank that evening that I jogged my way to Camp 2, little did I know I would be jogging round the field in search of the ball that seemed invincible.

2 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by haryomikun(m): 8:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Loooooool. Nice update oh Flow.
Long and sweet.
Ehen b4 I go, no dey play premier league match(or england matches for that matter). Dem too dey spoil game.
And no dey always put win. Dey put draw no bet instead of straight winning.
I even chop 1,500 dis nite sef
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Warlord3000:
Seems like have missed an update o..

Is my eyes deceiving me..

Cos last time I checked na inside wardrobe we dey o shocked

Warlord It must not follow that way. Don't you worry, I will tell about that as the story goes.
Re: Flow And Snow by jditimiya(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2015
flow u no go kill person pinkin o. the way u dey write ur romance part fit give girl belly o. nice one enjoying all the moves and also learning new skills from the master of woman things. lol
Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
bro.....you na die oh
Still i follow
Re: Flow And Snow by Melancholy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
Flow!!! Smooth sailing....
Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Captain Flow got to the field when it was half time break.

Retired captain Flow I mean to say.

I was the ex-captain of “The Barry Boys” football club. “The Barry Men” I mean to say. The club was formerly known as “The Barry Boys” football club, not until the likes of Sir White came and the name changed because they felt as Military men, they were not boys but men. Men that suffered a lot of dribbles in the hands of the so called “boys”. In the legs i mean to say.

I will not forget the day Michael intoxicated Dogo with skillful dribbles. All was well until Michael arrived the Cantonment gate late the next night when Dogo was on duty. According to Michael, this was what transpired: “Where youraa gate pass?”

“see am here?” Michael showed him.

Dogo looked keenly at the gate pass and said; “this na pake gate fass”

“my gate fass no be pake?” he spoke in Dogo's intonation. And that was the beginning of what caused problem.

“I dey make a mockery of me kwooo!!” Dogo got angry.

“I no dey make a monkey of you” Michael added salt to injury and it really pained Dogo.

“I dey call me Monkey kwooo?”

“oya begin to dey prog jump”

“I no sabi prog jump”

“I no sabi prog jump kwoooo? Ba wahala!!”

Dogo brought out the Horse whip aka Kobobo and landed one on Michael’s back saying; “I sweet you!”

Just that one whip was really a sweetener to Michael’s back that made him danced Snake dance.
The Koboko gave Michael the inspiration he needed to do about 200 Frog jumps, Prog jump rather.

The same Michael was the Captain of our club. The captain that took over from Captain Flow.

Flow’s regime as a captain was fun filled. In Flow’s regime, Zobo drink was shared at half time to players, while in Captain Michael’s regime just water was shared. In Captain Flow’s regime, any striker that scored a hat trick in a match got a Nokia phone bought from the club’s purse, while in Captain Michael’s regime a hat trick scorer is regarded as a stingy footballer that doesn’t pass the ball to others. Yet we won more laurels in Captain Michael’s regime than in Captain Flow’s regime; maybe it was because Captain Michael was older than Captain Flow. Or maybe not.

I so much envied Captain Michael not because his mother owned the famous Kunu Joint, but because he was a far better motivator than me, little wonder he was called “Angel Michael” by the club’s chief coach Coach Oche Idoma.

Coach Oche Idoma was a far tactical coach than Stephen Keshi, he was better in game planning than Jose Mourinho, Yet he was bad in substituting. Always substituting me for Musa the short engine.

I dribbled more than Musa, I held the ball more than Musa, I gave assists more than Musa, but he scored more than me.
He fought the number 10 wing of the field with me so much that sometimes he played three consecutive matches without me seeing my jersey not to talk of wearing it. My complain would always sound like: “Oche Idoma e no good oh, i play pass Musa oh”. “Common shut up your mouth there!!!! I am the coach and I know best” was his best response.

Trully, Oche Idoma knew what was best for the team, as he had won so more laurels than Jose Mourinho since he started been a coach.

“you are late again!!” Oche Idoma said as I practically crawled to join my teammates seating on the floor.

“yes…… no sir” I stammered.

“I pity you……. Jog round the field four times jor!!!!” That was his regular punishment to late comers.

I had jogged round Etihad and Emirate Stadium twice and I was seeing some Korean numerals running round my head due to the Alomo.

Second half and Ngoye who was playing my wing was removed, I noticed that Musa was playing as my opponent and I was glad and I promised myself I would play better than him to earn a place in our next match with the Desert Lions , but there was another person i saw.

Seeing him alone reined my evening.

Emeka the most dreaded defender.

Emaka could pull down the best of strikers, he always went for the leg and not the ball; as instead of him to go for the ball, he preferred to go for the b’alls.

I will never forget the day he almost castrated Ngoye, and the day he grabbed Segun’s Penis just because Segun was about giving him the dribble of his life.

Emeka eyed me like he said: “today I go show you pepper”, I eyed back like I said: “I no well oh” Like James’s cliché went.

I tried my best possible to trouble not the Lion that slept, giving quick passes to my teammates whenever Emeka drew closer.

10 minutes into the second half of the training session and Emeka never saw me to tackle. I was like wind to him.

15 minutes and I had started looking tireless for the ball.

I was beginning to frighten the ball, it repelled from my boot despite the fact that I wore an original Nike boot.

“James you no go pass ball to me abi” like I was begging for the ball.

“them mack you na” He passed the ball to another of my teammate.

I was beginning to lose my mind. For 17 minutes, I never touched the ball. It was like my teammates planned not to pass the ball to me.

I searched and searched but couldn’t find the ball. What wondered me was that others were finding the ball that was never lost, someone even found the net. Segun was his name; the highest goal scorer of the season.

“Abu abeg pass for me na!!!!!” I was at the back pleading for ball.

Instead of Abu to pass the ball to me, he gave it to Pius who ran with it towards the midfield.

My eyes were beginning to spin as I had ran about 2000 meters without holding the ball for even a second, rather I tackled my opponents fiercely while my teammates got the ball with ease.

I was almost crying.

Finally, James my friend kicked the ball towards me. As the ball came running towards me with so great a speed, I promised myself I would hold it for long like Mikel Obi would before passing.

As I moved forward to dribble a Baby Lion named Kelvin, then came a Father Lion from the left.

From the corner of eyes, I saw that Emeka was running with so much speed towards no one else but me.

“why me!!!!” I cried.

“I no do you anything na” I ran faster so he wouldn’t catch up with me.

But then, I couldn’t run faster than my shadow.

He finally caught up with me and that almost ended my football career.

5 Likes

Re: Flow And Snow by flow1759: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
Psalmwise:
WEldon bro...,u re onderful

Lolx...,u re d bomb

Thank you.

Mind you there is still much of this story to be told, but I have little time daily to post.

I haven,t even introduced the person of Snow
Re: Flow And Snow by Psalmwise(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
flow1759:

Thank you.

Mind you there is still much of this story to be told, but I have little time daily to post.

I haven,t even introduced the person of Snow
Na true ooo.., Snow nah anoder character wey nvr nter s story sef
Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2015
still i pollow:Weldone floe
Re: Flow And Snow by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2015
still i pollow:Weldone flow

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (47) (Reply)

A Soldier That Loves Me- A Fat Girl's Story / Friday The 13th-Assassins Creed / The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.