Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Green House Farming - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Green House Farming (29535 Views)

Green House Agronomist / Green House Farming: Curbing Tuta Absoluta. The Tomato Headache. / How I Constructed My Green House with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green House Farming by cava: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
@soloxam thanks for the number. i will give him a call
Re: Green House Farming by Soloxam(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
cava:
@soloxam thanks for the number. i will give him a call
uwc sir.
Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Liferace:
^^^Do you have existing customers,pictures etc.Post it here and the price.Am sure you will get more customers that way.

I don't have existing pictures but I will setup a Greenhouse in Delta starting 3rd Feb. I will post pictures as work progresses on this thread. Its a big Greenhouse with metal poles.
Re: Green House Farming by chukyjones(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2015
mchuxx:

I don't have existing pictures but I will setup a Greenhouse in Delta starting 3rd Feb. I will post pictures as work progresses on this thread. Its a big Greenhouse with metal poles.

ok following keenly.. where in Delta would that be? am presently in Asaba and really interested..
Re: Green House Farming by bettymygirl(f): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
mchuxx:

Could you send me a detailed cost analysis of the construction of this Greenhouse with metal poles that you speak about. I'm interested. Please send to betty_mygirl@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
chukyjones:

ok following keenly.. where in Delta would that be? am presently in Asaba and really interested..

In Asaba although outskirt of town.
Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
bettymygirl:

Could you send me a detailed cost analysis of the construction of this Greenhouse with metal poles that you speak about. I'm interested. Please send to betty_mygirl@yahoo.co.uk

Ok. I will
Re: Green House Farming by chukyjones(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
bettymygirl:

would need it too, chukyjones@yahoo.com
Re: Green House Farming by TAEpiphany: 1:03am On Jan 23, 2015
Could you please send a cost analysis to me too?It would be great if you can also include the total yield per greenhouse. Thanks.

Email is taepihany@gmail.com

mchuxx:

Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
TAEpiphany:
Could you please send a cost analysis to me too?It would be great if you can also include the total yield per greenhouse. Thanks.

Email is taepihany@gmail.com

its been sent. check ur emails. also @bettymygirl and @chuckyjones
Re: Green House Farming by TAEpiphany: 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sorry I gave you the wrong email, there was a typo can you please resend? Thanks

taepiphany@gmail.com

mchuxx:

Re: Green House Farming by chukyjones(m): 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
mchuxx:

Please, haven't seen it yet. Please confirm again... Chukyjones@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
chukyjones:

Please, haven't seen it yet. Please confirm again... Chukyjones@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Resent. check ur email well, same @tae
Re: Green House Farming by TAEpiphany: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2015
Got it.! You are the best. I will get in touch via email.

mchuxx:
Resent. check ur email well, same @tae
Re: Green House Farming by bettymygirl(f): 2:33am On Jan 24, 2015
mchuxx:

Yes, i've seen it. Thanks
Re: Green House Farming by jasper7(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2015
My Local greenhouse currently under construction. will give update as soon as possible.
Re: Green House Farming by Pavore9: 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
jasper7:
My Local greenhouse currently under construction. will give update as soon as possible.

Looking forward to see the pictures of your greenhouse. ls it for cucumber?

The pictures is of a kenyan guy who is also a cucumber farmer like you. His greenhouse is 24ft by 45ft. He said he started early last year with
N350k which covered the greenhouse construction, seeds and other inputs.

He harvests 240kg (on the low side is between 160kg-180kg) of cucumber weekly and sells a kilo for N100.

This should motivate you.

1 Like

Re: Green House Farming by jasper7(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pavore9:

Looking forward to see the pictures of your greenhouse. ls it for cucumber?

The pictures is of a kenyan guy who is also a cucumber farmer like you. His greenhouse is 24ft by 45ft. He said he started early last year with
N350k which covered the greenhouse construction, seeds and other inputs.

He harvests 240kg (on the low side is between 160kg-180kg) of cucumber weekly and sells a kilo for N100.

This should motivate you.

that's quite motivating... mine is a bit bigger. I will do cucumber there, watermelon, tomato and sweet pepper.

1 Like

Re: Green House Farming by psalm68(m): 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
jasper7:

that's quite motivating... mine is a bit bigger. I will do cucumber there, watermelon, tomato and sweet pepper.
Re: Green House Farming by onatisi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
Please I am lost here. From what I can see,this place is covered which means there is no direct sunlight reaching the plants or air . What happened to the secondary school biology theory that plants require sunlight to process their food during photo synthesis? Just asking
Re: Green House Farming by chukyjones(m): 11:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
mchuxx:

Hello, haven't still gotten it. Maybe you typing it wrongly. Its Chukyjones not Chuckyjones as you quoted
Re: Green House Farming by chukyjones(m): 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
jasper7:

Hello Jasper, where is the location, still owerri? Would love to have a look..
Re: Green House Farming by jasper7(m): 12:57am On Jan 25, 2015
chukyjones:

Hello Jasper, where is the location, still owerri? Would love to have a look..
no ooo. not in owerri, it's at my project site in oyo state, I am trying out an experiment with it, and I want to see how successful it can be
Re: Green House Farming by Ufeolorun(m): 3:17am On Jan 25, 2015
onatisi:
Please I am lost here. From what I can see,this place is covered which means there is no direct sunlight reaching the plants or air . What happened to the secondary school biology theory that plants require sunlight to process their food during photo synthesis? Just asking

The covering is polythene which regulates the amount of sunlight which enters the Polytunnel- so the plant doesn't get too much sunlight and also pest are kept to a minimum. Some of them have roll up nets as doors but the best I have seen are the ones with side nets and installed lever that allows you to pull up the polythene ,all for ventilation.
The whole point of a Polytunnel is to create an artificial environment for the plant to flourish with minimum resource usage: Land and water
Re: Green House Farming by senato123(m): 4:38am On Jan 25, 2015
mchuxx:

I can build a greenhouse for you. U may PM me or BBM 33333396b.

@Mchuxx please mail to me too n we are also waiting for u pic too
My email is gentlet2005@yahoo.com
Re: Green House Farming by mchuxx(m): 8:33am On Jan 25, 2015
chukyjones:

Hello, haven't still gotten it. Maybe you typing it wrongly. Its Chukyjones not Chuckyjones as you quoted
check your spam folder as well
Re: Green House Farming by karlxavier(m): 9:56am On Jan 25, 2015
please, could you forward to my mail as well.... Karlxavierkarl@gmail.com
Re: Green House Farming by choiceman(m): 11:00am On Jan 25, 2015
mchuxx:

check your spaim folder as well
Please send me details of the materials you will use and estimaTe. olawaleprat@yahoo.com
Re: Green House Farming by lanre2009: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
mchuxx:

check your spam folder as well

Please forward the proposal to: orebayo@yahoo.com
Re: Green House Farming by Walexwal: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
lanre2009:

Please forward the proposal to: orebayo@yahoo.com
. Pls send to me too walexwaldaguru@gmail.com
Re: Green House Farming by emman44(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
Will like to visit kenya to learn more abt farming immediately after my youth service. Does it require visa or not? What is the standard of living there and cost of fflight from nigeria down to kenya?. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Nigeria's Biggest Agricultural Export Now? / Tomato & Cucumber Seedlings From Borno Green House / Nigeria Releases Census Of Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Other Livestocks In Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.