Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,005 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan (603 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Breaking..... Igbo Community In Lagos Endorse Jimi Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan by Pabloescobar(f): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
Contrary to what Babyosisi fed us what Pa Wole Soyinka said about his own people.

I Didn’t Endorse Any Presidential, Gov Candidate -soyinka

"Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, on Thursday dismissed claims that he had endorsed any presidential and governorship candidate ahead of the February elections.

Soyinka, in a piece titled, ‘Identity Thieves and the 2015 Election Peace Accord,’ warned those spreading the rumour of his purported endorsement of politicians “to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry.”

He said, “Let me thus seize the occasion of the Abuja accord to state categorically that I have never made a statement endorsing any presidential or governorship contestant. All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried.

“Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate – as is my electoral right – I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-didnt-endorse-any-presidential-gov-candidate-soyinka/

The fabricated story: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/prof-wole-soyinka-endorses-goodluck-jonathan-2015/
Re: Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Endorsement of human beings is jst by the way.

Endorsement of Almighty God is what we pray

GBM/Osinbajo All the way.

All the corruption isn't stealing, fuc.k away

The day is 29th 2015, May angry

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan by braine(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
^Take it easy
Re: Wole Soyinka Did NOT Endorse President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2015
Pabloescobar:

the article that is causing you so much grief and pain was written by Soyinka himself in 2007 way before you knew who Jonathan was

http://saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka

Here it is,I hope you can read it

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Vote For Jonathan By Gbenga Olorunponmi / Two Britons Arrested Over Bribe Involving Gunboats Sold To Tompolo (thisday) / APC Condemn Attack On Jonathan's Convoy In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.