Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri (27657 Views)

APC Congratulates David Mark As Own Candidate, Daniel Onjeh, Protests / APC Congratulates Ishaku's Supreme Court Victory / Eligibility: PDP Congratulates Jonathan For Victory At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by ceo4eva: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan for finally finding the courage to visit Maiduguri to pep up the gallant troops battling the Boko Haram insurgency, but said the President has more trips to make to Chibok, Buni Yadi and Potiskum, among others.

In a statement issued in Makurdi on Friday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the President should follow up his visit to the epi-centre of the Boko Haram battle with visits to the parents of the 219 missing Chibok girls as well as the families of the boys who were killed at the Federal Government College in Buni Yadi, Yobe State, last year.
It said it is only by doing so that the President can begin to refute the published report that his visit to Maiduguri on Thursday was politically motivated, aimed at laying the foundation for his impending electioneering campaign swing across the north, especially to Maiduguri on Jan. 21st.

”We have always said the President and the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces should never be afraid to visit anywhere in the country.
We have always said the President should not just be the Commander-in-Chief but also the Consoler-in-Chief. We are glad that the President has finally agreed with us.

”But it is necessary to remind the President that he must not play politics with human lives, and that he must stop putting Jonathan first, Jonathan second and Jonathan third, at the expense of the nation,” APC said.
The party said now that the President has woken up from his slumber, he should also address the issue of the low morale of the troops and their lack of the necessary fighting equipment, if they are to effectively battle the terrorists who have killed and maimed thousands of innocent citizens.

”It is instructive that a few hours after President Jonathan visited Maiduguri, the global news channel CNN aired an interview with some Nigerian soldiers who complained of very low morale among the rank and file, lack of fighting equipment and very poor welfare. Another blamed the terrible situation being faced by the troops on massive corruption.

”This does no credit to an Administration that has allocated billions of naira to the defence and security sector, billions that apparently did not percolate to those at the front line of the battle. It calls to question the usage to which the government has put the huge funds allocated to the sector, including the 1-billion-dollar loan that was recently approved by the National Assembly,” it said.

APC called on the National Assembly to probe how the billions of naira that have been appropriated for defence and security have been spent.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/apc-congratulates-jonathan-maiduguri-visit-says-president-trips-make/

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by ceo4eva: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes! President Jonathan's visit took everyone by surprise, including the APC. So APC has no option but to congratulate Mr President, though in a sarcastic way. Kudos to APC for still believing in GEJ.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by oguash: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
I will create 2 million JOBS every year when re-elected. for more of these jokes text JONATHAN to 3333. text cost 50naira only

235 Likes 20 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by theV0ice: 4:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
That's good.

me sef applaud am. it's not easy grin

9 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by adioolayi(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
This people sha...Ko sogbon to le da, kosi iwa to le wu , to le fi ta'ye lorun...(You can't please everyone)

8 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by JECBOSS: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
APC also believe in GEJ till 2019.
Transformation of GEJ continues!

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by hazyfm1: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
KEEP IT UP APC

7 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by ichidodo: 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
That is why we all must come together and fight this menace...Support The Nigerian Army,Support Goodluck Jonathan.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by SparkAngel(f): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Good one

2 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Adextaiwo48(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Lol... Congrats bro... More grease to ur elbow in otuoke

10 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by NaijaOptimist: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
Very humble party.

Very humble presidenntial candidate.

Sai Buhari.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by rawpadgin(m): 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
oguash:
I will create 2 million JOBS every year when re-elected. for more of these jokes text JONATHAN to 3333. text cost 50naira only
i will stable oil price if i win. for more of this jokes text buhari to 666. text cost 3naira only

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by anonimi: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
”It is instructive that a few hours after President Jonathan visited Maiduguri, the global news channel CNN aired an interview with some Nigerian soldiers who complained of very low morale among the rank and file, lack of fighting equipment and very poor welfare. Another blamed the terrible situation being faced by the troops on massive corruption.

I don't know why I get this creepy feeling that the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC, through its consortium of international consultants, actually engineered this interview by CNN shocked
Does anyone also think that is a possibility for these desperate FRAUDSTERS

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmm APC r now seeing the beauty of democracy and transformation of our president... Fresh air til 2019

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Now this is funny grin
Apc indirectly mockin gej. grin
#change

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Truth24(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
Good one though its sarcastic

4 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by nwaanambra1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ's next list of successful projects by his administration will be: (mimicking GEJ's voice):

"Even APC buhari congratulated me for the good job of visiting Borno State!" grin grin

GEJ = Ode rata rata! grin grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Brightology2(m): 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hehehehehe dats all i can laff,mk my teeth nor go pull out

2 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Bruteforce1o1: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

I don't know why I get this creepy feeling that the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC, through its consortium of international consultants, actually engineered this interview by CNN shocked
Does anyone also think that is a possibility for these desperate FRAUDSTERS

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
[/s]

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Vicotex(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Gej till buhari stops crying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by dre11(m): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has congratulated President Goodluck Jonathan for finally finding the courage to visit Maiduguri to pep up the gallant troops battling the Boko Haram insurgency,

Am so sure that if it were Doyin Okupe
Would he have say better things like this

Kudos to APC for saying a word of congrats
Which am sure PDP won't if the reverse was the case

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by xpac01(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hahahaha... The movie is getting more freaky full of suspense. Am gonna really blush after feBUHARI, sorry i mean 14th february.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by dahunsy(f): 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
coughs**** clears throat
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
APC need to stop playing politics with everything

The President's itenary is a National security matter. North East unfortunately is a war zone in case APC did not notice

Asking the President to develop an itenary that will mean the President is in a war zone every other week is just irresponsible

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Akshow: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
sacarstic congratulation to the spineless presido that just deem it fit a month to election to visit Maiduguri

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Akshow: 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
mikeansy:
APC need to stop playing politics with everything

The President's itenary is a National security matter. North East unfortunately is a war zone in case APC did not notice

Asking the President to develop an itenary that will mean the President is in a war zone every other week is just irresponsible
I guess staying away from war zone for years is responsible right? Leadership is not a position for cowards or mediocres.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Akshow: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
As for me and my family, we will correct d wrong of voting the shoeless one last election.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Caseless: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
ceo4eva:
Yes! President Jonathan's visit took everyone by surprise, including the APC. So APC has no option but to congratulate Mr President, though in a sarcastic way. Kudos to APC for still believing in GEJ.
this is a call to duty, not a congratulatory message.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by debo07(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
What the whole nation has been clamouring for all this while the president finally yield to the cry of the people.But I would say it came at a very late hour cos the damage has been done beyond repair.Only someone who has knowledge of how to combat terrorism can save us now with the help of God.Everything about GEJ is always slow and annoying and dat has really caused him a lot.Even TAN will agree dat the love GEJ commanded last term all over the federation was awesome but now it has really went down low.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Caseless: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
He posponed the inaugration of his campaign team when his sister died, but failed to call off or halt his campaign train to honour those killed in baga, rather, he honoured those killed in paris.
*in ezekwesili's voice* his visit to borno is the hallmark of deceit.

20 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akshow:
I guess staying away from war zone for years is responsible right? Leadership is not a position for cowards or mediocres.

The President going to the war zone is just symbolism that's all

it solves nothing

As the President went to maidugiri did he drive any tank into sambisa forest?

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Akshow: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
mikeansy:

The President going to the war zone is just symbolism that's all

it solves nothing

As the President went to maidugiri did he drive any tank into sambisa forest?

symbolism Do u know how long a visit from the president will boost the morale of the soldiers fighting this war? Do u know how long it will help the victims of this menace psychologically to see their president?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Dapchi: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blasts Buhari, Governors For Attending Wedding / President Buhari Meets APC Governors And Adams Oshiomhole(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.