Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri (27662 Views)

APC Congratulates David Mark As Own Candidate, Daniel Onjeh, Protests / APC Congratulates Ishaku's Supreme Court Victory / Eligibility: PDP Congratulates Jonathan For Victory At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
ceo4eva:
Yes! President Jonathan's visit took everyone by surprise, including the APC. So APC has no option but to congratulate Mr President, though in a sarcastic way. Kudos to APC for still believing in GEJ.

Just when you think you have seen the most stvpid comment ever.....someone surprises you on Nairaland. shocked

2 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Okaka27(m): 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
BlackTechnology:
This people seek to kill GEJ like Ironsi.

Unknown to them, the guy is not dull like Ironsi. grin
Oh God ooo..come to our aid. Dis one na concrete mugula
Jonthan isnt dull

Asin are u for real?

2 Likes

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Pasblack(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Does anybody feel Jonathan went there because he deemed it necessary or important? He actually went there because of his campaign coming up soon in the region and because he needed the people to vote for him in the Forthcoming election.... I'm not fooled, will still vote Buhari come February 14...peace

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by chicyclass(f): 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
undecided undecided yess oooo Mr President, that's a bold step... Apc keep congratulating him... You are proving to Nigerians that GEJ works.... Long Live Nigeria

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by micrep3030(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
They kW the truth, they just wanna make some kind of name
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by EMPERORSKY(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
Datz terrible,so it has now dawned on GEJ to visit Maiduguri abi?? angry

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by lexxwiz(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
mikeansy:
APC need to stop playing politics with everything

The President's itenary is a National security matter. North East unfortunately is a war zone in case APC did not notice

Asking the President to develop an itenary that will mean the President is in a war zone every other week is just irresponsible
He had the time to dance, had the time to , had the time for every other pointless activities and you think congratulating him is a joke
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by abbey621(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akshow:

symbolism Do u know how long a visit from the president will boost the morale of the soldiers fighting this war? Do u know how long it will help the victims of this menace psychologically to see their president?

Why didn't he do it earlier? Why wait till a few weeks till election. It's obvious this is nothing but a political stunt. Medicine after death.....

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Kingspin(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
oguash:
I will create 2 million JOBS every year when re-elected. for more of these jokes text JONATHAN to 3333. text cost 50naira only
We dont need an old man as president- Fashola. Lagos for change. Lagos need change! Change is Here
Sai Agbaje
Sai Agbaje
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by santana45: 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
mikeansy:

The President's itenary is a National security matter. North East unfortunately is a war zone in case APC did not notice

Asking the President to develop an itenary that will mean the President is in a war zone every other week is just irresponsible
Most irresponsible.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Lanrefreshkid: 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
He couldnt go Maiduguri cos of those innocent people that lost thier lives but he can now go cos of election...smh

This is not a leader.

Everything about this man is just so corny.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by ZUBY77(m): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
I guess this one took Oby Ezekwesili by surprise.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Tobilastik(m): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
rawpadgin:
i will stable oil price if i win. for more of this jokes text buhari to 666. text cost 3naira only

I ll be paying N5000 for all unemployed youths every month ....for more of this jokes from buhari ...text Failbuhari to 32001

ONLY AVAILABLE ON EMPTYHEN
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Rainmaker69(m): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
Okay. Now it's Buhari's turn. Apc should visit Chibok and all the other troubled areas. Lead by example.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by remmer56(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
Rainmaker69:
Okay. Now it's Buhari's turn. Apc should visit Chibok and all the other troubled areas. Lead by example.
I support You ! grin

symbolism Do u know how long a visit from the president will boost the morale of the soldiers fighting this war? Do u know how long it will help the victims of this menace psychologically to see their president?[/quote]

Bros, In the time of militancy and OBJ's actions, he avoided the creeks too!

grin. did we kill him or cough at that?
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by chynes(f): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
[quote author=Rainmaker69 post=29854944]Okay. Now it's Buhari's turn. Apc should visit Chibok and all the other troubled areas. Lead by example.[/quote
LWKMD]
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Smart007i(m): 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
ambassadorgozie:
Hmmm APC r now seeing the beauty of democracy and transformation of our president... Fresh air til 2019

its called Politics, besides Y now? is he trying to score some chip point... All na faaaaaake ooo.
#change
#sai Buhari
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Talibanis: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Well constructed message by the APC, a very good sarcastic one I must say!
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
1. Formation of Organisation of Islamic Countries

OIC was established in 1969 through a Saudi Arabian initiative, following the burning of the Al- Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, which was considered an attack on the Muslim world. The Headquarters of the organisation are in Jeddah. The first meeting of the organization was held in Morocco in 1969.

2. Gen Yakubu Gowon Yakubu Gowon sent a Nigerian delegation as an observer led by Alhaji Abubakar Gumi to the OIC in its first meeting in 1969 in Morocco. Despite opposition. He, Gowon, a Christian from Plateau State took the first step by sending Gumi to represent “Nigeria Muslims”.

3. General Muritala Muhammed to Gen Muhammadu BUHARI Regimes
The administrations of Muritala/Obasanjo, Obasanjo/Yaradua, Shagari/Ekweme and Buhari/Idiagbon refused to sign to Nigeria’s full membership of the OIC despite pressure and intense lobbying from Saudi Arabia. They maintained that Nigeria is a secular state and not an Islamic country.

4. General Ibrahim Babangida
French news agency reported that Nigeria has been admitted into the organization as its 46th member in January 1986. Ebitu Ukiwe from Abia State, then a navy commodore and second in command to the then military President, Ibrahim Babangida, had it rough with that administration when he declared publicly that the decision to join OIC was not discussed at any level of government. Mr. Ukiwe’s denial of the decision reportedly led to his forceful exit from government.

5. General Sani Abacha
Maintained Nigeria’s membership despite calls for withdrawal from various groups including Christian Leaders.

6. Obasanjo/Atiku Abubakar
At the G-8 Islamic countries in Egypt in 2001, Obasanjo identified himself carrying Nigeria as an Islamic country by attending that meeting. His attendance cemented Nigeria’s Status as a member of the OIC and an Islammic State.

7. Yaradua/Jonathan Administration Renewed Nigeria OIC Membership
On April 11, 2012 President Umaru Yaradua renewed Nigeria’s membership the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), the same way IBB registered with the organisation in 1986, the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Abdullahi M. Garba Aminchi , quietly visited Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and signed the new OIC charter on behalf of the Nigerian government.

Although this event was published on OIC’s website the same day and widely reported in other Middle East media, it was not reported in the Nigerian media. The Nigeria Foreign Minister as at then Chief Ojo Maduekwe refused to speak on the matter.

8. Jonathan/Sambo Administration
There have been calls by religious groups and others to withdraw Nigeria’s OIC membership. As at this day, Nigeria remains a full member of the OIC, and the President in its capacity appoints delegates to represent Nigeria in OIC.

ISLAMIC SUMMIT 2013, HELD IN CAIRO
President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan led Nigeria’s delegation to the OIC Islamic Summit in 2013.

Other delegates are…H.E. Dr. Nuruddeen Muhammed Minister of State II for Foreign Affairs, Amb Hassan Tukur (Foreign Affairs Minister), Amb. Abdullah Omaki, Abubakar Sheikh Bunu, Mr. Tijjani Hammanjodu, Mr. Suleiman Sani and Mr. Manir Ibrahim

See the attendance list…

http://www.oic-oci.org/external_web/is/12/en/docs/final/is12_lop_x1_en.pdf

SUMMARY:

General Yakubu Gowon opened the floor by sending Nigeria Delegation as an Observer.

Generals Gowon, Muritala, Obasanjo and Buhari, including President Shagari refused to grant the OIC’s request of making Nigeria a Full Member.

General IBB signed up Nigeria as full member in January 1986.

President Obasanjo attended OIC meeting in 2001 on behalf of Nigeria.

President Yaradua renewed Nigeria’s OIC membership in April 2009 President Goodluck Jonathan had attended OIC’s conferences and meetings on behalf of Nigeria including the Last Cairo Conference in 2013.

WHO WANTS TO ISLAMIZE NIGERIA? (If there is anything like that)

Buhari has once again been vindicated.

It pays to be educated, and not just regurgitate falsehoods.

Credit: ‘Tosin Adeoti
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Michikech(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Work for 2days in a week with a WHO partner and earn #30,000 - #90,000 a month.

Text ur name, qualification, and location to 08039382629.

NB: First come, first served as limited spaces are available
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by happydays1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
oguash:
I will create 2 million JOBS every year when re-elected. for more of these jokes text JONATHAN to 3333. text cost 50naira only
i will stabilse the global oil frices ip elected. for more of this joke pls text GMB to 3389 text cost 5 (pipe ) naira
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Borderless: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akshow:
I guess staying away from war zone for years is responsible right? Leadership is not a position for cowards or mediocres.

So going to a war zone is what qualifies a leader as responsible? Na wah o. I guess you should just say GEJ should carry gun and fight BH so you can be satisfied. Mtchew.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by honeyad(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
1985 when Buhari was the president, my teacher told me... We are the leaders of tomorrow... 2015 Buhari is still fighting to be president... Is it that the tomorrow is not here or my teacher doesn't even really knows what he's saying? We need change! Change from the people! Change in power! Change in everything! We are tired of recycling in political power... Give the youth a chance for change! You all that come here to rant Buhari, good luck, keep displaying your stupidness! The change is not Buhari! The change is not goodluck! The change begins with you and I... Change your mentality Now!
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by mustymatic(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
ichidodo:
That is why we all must come together and fight this menace...Support The Nigerian Army,Support Goodluck Jonathan.
That's like giving me the key to escape n telling the police where I'd be
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by mustymatic(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
mikeansy:

Who do you think is responsible for their "war zone" situation eh? Even the residents kno sey na Jona n his administration
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by rawpadgin(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tobilastik:

I ll be paying N5000 for all unemployed youths every month ....for more of this jokes from buhari ...text Failbuhari to 32001

ONLY AVAILABLE ON EMPTYHEN
grin

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by rawpadgin(m): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
grin
lacreamieboie:

stafilize oiyel frize!

1 Like

Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akshow:
sacarstic congratulation to the spineless presido that just deem it fit a month to election to visit Maiduguri
@what time, although better late than never ------+-+++++++++ sleeping mood till February I mean Febuhari 14 2015.
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Natureboyraph(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
rawpadgin:
i will stable oil price if i win. for more of this jokes text buhari to 666. text cost 3naira only
Bros no blame am........he's a complete illiterate na him think say na only Nigeria get crude oil
Re: APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akshow:
I guess staying away from war zone for years is responsible right? Leadership is not a position for cowards or mediocres.
This is a democratic era....and democracy is the most successful political idea of the 20th century....and at this 20th century the world is working hard to be at peace...except for the fact that Buhari isn't ready to embrace a democratic governance to be in peace...and so....he has been (in many ways) enabling insurgency as well as sponsoring a terrorist group to destroy this administration....
Its crystal clear what Buhari is upto.....beseeching a GEJ to go to a war zone...and as a leader...all GEJ had done perfectly well is applying wisdom in his governance....
GEJ isn't a coward.... He can't walk into his enemy's trap... Will u dare ur enemy, simply because he wants u to prove ur self?
Whether he goes to the war zone or not...he'll definitely be re-elected...
If u're hurt...am sorry...I didn't intend to make u feel any bad...am just being matured about my comment...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Cancels Visit To Wike's Ward / Oladele Ademola Samuel Renovates A Well As His Constituency Project In Ekiti / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.