Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58239 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
scholes0:

I won’t be surprised if they send a delegation to this particular area of Edo state by next week, forcing the Kings there to start wearing skirts and circular beads to look loke their Benin Oba.
Yes, it is that serious- and they can do it.

Binis are not like Yorubas who abuse political power to impose their culture on others. It is on record that since the creation of Midwest and Edo State the Bini governors that have ruled did not at any time issue any policy that made it compulsory for all primary and secondary schools pupils in the state to offer Bini Language. Each village's schools have always been allowed to freely teach the indigenous language of its inhabitants to their pupils and students. This is clearly unlike under the Western Region government which made it compulsory for Yoruba to be offered in schools located outside the non-Yoruba parts of the region. So stop making inverted accusations.
Our decision to join the Midwest Region was out of free will and not coercion from the Binis. So if our traditional figures begin to put on skirts or whatever you call it, then just know it is also a free will thing. Bini culture is too rich and alluring for them to force anyone to identify with it, rather others Edos do so spontaneously because they are really offshoots of Benin coupled with the attractiveness of the culture.
So you can take your divide and rule tactics to the Igbos calling your Lagos State a no man's land which you prove right by voting them into the Lagos State House of Assembly and also to the National Assembly to represent Lagos constituencies.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
scholes0:

I won’t be surprised if they send a delegation to this particular area of Edo state by next week, forcing the Kings there to start wearing skirts and circular beads to look loke their Benin Oba.
Yes, it is that serious- and they can do it.

Stop accusing others of your own attitude. That is actually a Yoruba trade mark.

Binis are not like Yorubas who abuse political power to impose their culture on others. It is on record that since the creation of Midwest and Edo State the Bini governors that have ruled did not at any time issue any policy that made it compulsory for all primary and secondary schools pupils in the state to offer Bini Language. Each village's schools have always been allowed to freely teach the indigenous language of its inhabitants to their pupils and students. This is clearly unlike under the Yoruba-controlled Western Region government which made it compulsory for Yoruba to be taught in schools located outside the non-Yoruba parts of the region. So stop making inverted accusations.
Our decision to join the Midwest Region was based on free will and not coercion from the Binis. We voted to go with them through an open plebiscite and we have never regretted it unlike we later regretted being lumped with Yorubas in the Western Region.
So if our traditional figures start wearing skirts or whatever you call it, then just know it is also a free will thing. Bini culture is too rich and alluring for them to force anyone to identify with it, rather other Edos spontaneously gravitate towards it because they are really offshoots of Benin coupled with the attractiveness of the culture.
So you can take your divide and rule tactics to Lagos to checkmate Igbos calling your Lagos State a no man's land which you prove right by voting them into the Lagos State House of Assembly and also to the National Assembly to represent Lagos constituencies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
Deadlytruth:

The original name of Benin is Igodomigodo and their Kings were from prehistoric times known as Ogisos. Could you please tell us what Igodomigodo and Ogiso mean in Yoruba Language?
Cross-cultural interaction with Yorubas brought about the "Ile Ibinu" thing which is an inconclusive account itself as it leaves more questions than answers. Same war cross-cultural interaction with Portuguese got Bini corrupted to Benin. If Binis came out of Ife, then how come Benin City went on to grow and become far larger than Ife in land area and population?
I recall that this was the same logic a Yoruba guy here once used to counter the claim of a Bini man who claimed that Yorubas came out of Binis. The Yoruba man specifically asked him to explain how possible for Yorubas to have come out of Binis and went ahead to so expand as to become a larger tribe than Bini.
Same applies here to the suggestion that Binis came out of Ife. So please answer.
Quite interesting reading this with the rhetoric in it. However, ILE IFE as a place of formation of the people whose ancestors of the founding fathers were of different groups was the rightful place from which Oranmiyan( Oranyan) moved to different part to form his new dynastic rule. This event happened in two different places before he returned back to his base in ILE IFE. If the Oba Bini, is truthfully a descendant of orannmiyan, then no need for the supremacy tussle over this contradictory information because, according to oral information, Oranyan was the one that called that land ILE IBINU, because of the attitude of the people he met in that land. There was no time, that Yoruba ever claimed Edo as its own but claim Oba and the new founded territory CALLED ILE IBINU, which was created out of Igodomigodo, that was founded the Ogiso dynasty. The oba Bini is a “property" of Oranmiyan if truthfully they are his descendants. The Portuguese didn't know any name as such unless they were told by the indigenous people, themselves. What does Benin mean to Portuguese and its Portuguese foundational meaning ? I am aware there is Lagos or closely related name in Portugal as it is also a name attached to a Yoruba settlement in Nigeria. And the Lagos in Nigeria, has a Portuguese advent. There is Lagos in Mexico. There is Port Novou in Bénin Republic and it has a Portuguese meaning. If the Edo people decided to seize the Oba Bini historical connection to Yoruba, then that's left for them as far as I am concerned. But let truth prevail.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Bibi294(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

Tell us the part of Edo you served! Liar, No Edo man who hasn't stayed in Yoruba land before understand or speak Yoruba as it is a foreign and strange language .... Stop spewing cheap lies !!

Even your own local language you speak in ekiti a typical Yoruba from Osun or Oyo does not understand and your language has been called gibberish numerous times by the Yoruba's I schooled with.

You don't even know your history , ooh you think you are really Yoruba?... Or believe you will ever be fully accepted by Osun and Oyo ppl?

Reality would dawn on you soon!!
Now I see you need some lectures, Ekiti people speak Yoruba, there's Ekiti dialect and there's Yoruba language, All Ekiti people can speak and understand Yoruba fluently just as Esan dialect is different from Bini language... So get that clear
Why are you so bitter? I served in Irrua LGA and I visited most Edo towns... Even in Benin, some understand and speak Yoruba....
I thought you're mature... Ordinary argument, you're already spitting... I'm from Osun.and I based I'm Ekiti... Oya deal with it...

Nigeria is one regardless of tribes and cultural differences... Let's unite to make this country great... I wonder if I've ever seen a Ghanaian amusing another Ghanaian because one is akan and the other is not...

A bunch of broom can be broken... Even when and where I was rejected, I always stand for them because I believe in one Nigeria... I love all tribes...
All hail Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibi294:

Why are you so bitter? I served in Irrua LGA and I visited most Edo towns... Even in Benin, some understand and speak Yoruba....
I though you're mature... Ordinary argument, you're already spitting... I'm from Osun.and I based I'm Ekiti... Oya del with it...

I am holding back my temper right now, kindly disist from making false statements I am from irrua and no one there speaks Yoruba outside those who might have lived in Yoruba land at some point .... Yoruba is not a lingua in Edo state , disist from such statement... Cheers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=63720621]Quite interesting reading this with the rhetoric in it. However, ILE IFE as a place of formation of the people whose ancestors of the founding fathers were of different groups was the rightful place from which Oranmiyan( Oranyan) moved to different part to form his new dynastic rule. This event happened in two different places before he returned back to his base in ILE IFE. If the Oba Bini, is truthfully a descendant of orannmiyan, then no need for the supremacy tussle over this contradictory information because, according to oral information, Oranyan was the one that called that land ILE IBINU, because of the attitude of the people he met in that land. There was no time, that Yoruba ever claimed Edo as its own but claim Oba and the new founded territory CALLED ILE IBINU, which was created out of Igodomigodo, that was founded the Ogiso dynasty. The oba Bini is a “property" of Oranmiyan if truthfully they are his descendants. The Portuguese didn't know any name as such unless they were told by the indigenous people, themselves. What does Benin mean to Portuguese and its Portuguese foundational meaning ? I am aware there is Lagos or closely related name in Portugal as it is also a name attached to a Yoruba settlement in Nigeria. And the Lagos in Nigeria, has a Portuguese advent. There is Lagos in Mexico. There is Port Novou in Bénin Republic and it has a Portuguese meaning. If the Edo people decided to seize the Oba Bini historical connection to Yoruba, then that's left for them as far as I am concerned. But let truth prevail. [/quote][/s]

The same Oromiyan that is a grandson to Ogiso Owodo!

Don't redicle yourself and your tribe , don't you Yoruba's have better things to do other that lusting after the greatness of the Edo's!

Even your Oni now bows and kneels down to greet politicians and yahoo boys

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Bibi294(f): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
CooperJay:

I am holding back my temper right now, kindly disist from making false statements I am from irrua and no one there speaks Yoruba outside those who might have lived in Yoruba land at some point .... Yoruba is not a lingua in Edo state , disist from such statement... Cheers
Sheybi you're educated? Like you passed through school? Canyou read between the line?s... Do I say Yoruba is Edo lingua biko? Please, I'm not in for argument.. Just making assertions that parts of Edo people speaks Yoruba fluently...
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibi294:

Sheybi you're educated? Like you passed through school? Canyou read between the line?s... Do I say Yoruba is Edo lingua biko? Please, I'm not in for argument.. Just making assertions that parts of Edo people speaks Yoruba fluently...

NO PART OF EDO SPEAKS YORUBA!! GET THAT IN YO

UR HEAD!!

I tried to be reasonable and polite with u but as always they were right wen they say that doesn't work with people of Yoruba extraction!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Bibi294(f): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
CooperJay:

NO PART OF EDO SPEAKS YORUBA!! GET THAT IN YO

UR HEAD!!

I tried to be reasonable and polite with u but as always they were right wen they say that doesn't work with people of Yoruba extraction!!
I'm not used to trolling... And I don't have to argue...

I'm not even interested in whatever and whoever you people are... Even in your motherland, most are not accommodating... So I don't expect something lesser than what you've portrayed...

Either they speak Yoruba or not, Edo is Edo, they are not Yoruba's but at least we're all Nigerians... Then, it's enough...
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibi294:

Edo is Edo, they are not Yoruba's but at least we're all Nigerians... Then, it's enough...

At least we agree on one thing!!

And that's the ONLY PART I AM INTERESTED IN!!

cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 6:18am On Dec 30, 2017
CooperJay:
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=63720621]Quite interesting reading this with the rhetoric in it. However, ILE IFE as a place of formation of the people whose ancestors of the founding fathers were of different groups was the rightful place from which Oranmiyan( Oranyan) moved to different part to form his new dynastic rule. This event happened in two different places before he returned back to his base in ILE IFE. If the Oba Bini, is truthfully a descendant of orannmiyan, then no need for the supremacy tussle over this contradictory information because, according to oral information, Oranyan was the one that called that land ILE IBINU, because of the attitude of the people he met in that land. There was no time, that Yoruba ever claimed Edo as its own but claim Oba and the new founded territory CALLED ILE IBINU, which was created out of Igodomigodo, that was founded the Ogiso dynasty. The oba Bini is a “property" of Oranmiyan if truthfully they are his descendants. The Portuguese didn't know any name as such unless they were told by the indigenous people, themselves. What does Benin mean to Portuguese and its Portuguese foundational meaning ? I am aware there is Lagos or closely related name in Portugal as it is also a name attached to a Yoruba settlement in Nigeria. And the Lagos in Nigeria, has a Portuguese advent. There is Lagos in Mexico. There is Port Novou in Bénin Republic and it has a Portuguese meaning. If the Edo people decided to seize the Oba Bini historical connection to Yoruba, then that's left for them as far as I am concerned. But let truth prevail. [/s]

The same Oromiyan that is a grandson to Ogiso Owodo!

Don't redicle yourself and your tribe , don't you Yoruba's have better things to do other that lusting after the greatness of the Edo's!

Even your Oni now bows and kneels down to greet politicians and yahoo boys
Seems you are a new breed on this platform from the information you showed as it regard your apt for your non existing Ikelerdan owodo in Yoruba history . I won't waste much time on you because of your Ogiso that didn't exist. But quickly, let me ask you five questions, if you claim Odua descended from the Ogiso. Who was the mother of Adimunia? Which village did his mother exists from? What does the usage of white cockerel/pigeons/doves signify? What does usage of white Regalia mean to Ogiso mean lineage? Considering the fact that the Edo Monarchial is attached to Red Regalia. Why isn't the oldest Beads production discovered from Edo? Most of you people always come online without purpose but to showcase an irrelevant man in Yoruba history who was a coward ikelerdan or whatever name you call your non existing baby prince, who eventually died at Ughoton. Oh lastly, I am sure you have knowledge of the Ogiemie ancestors ,who fought and was defeated by Oba of Bini ancestors. At every tradition, there was a mock war in which the Oba Bini is called a TENANT in Edo tradition, Unlike the Ooni who was never a Tenant. I mock at your ignorance.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by babacletus: 5:02am On Jan 02, 2018
historyworld031:
I think the best is to ignore these yoruba trolls who are obsessed with the Edo.
I don't have their time, I would rather do something usefull with my life than spend it here repeating myself countless times to some yoruba fools who believe they know us EDO better than we know ourselves.
I don't get the very concept of this discussion with the yoruba who don't seem to have any sense of minding one's own business.
mynd44 rule2
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by babacletus: 5:05am On Jan 02, 2018
historyworld031:
You still don't get it eventhough I have said this many times on this same thread.
Edo state is a small part of the Benin Kingdom.
Therefor how can you claim to be talking about Edo state and not about the Benin Kingdom.
I guess you are one of those people who don't understand that Benin City is not equal to Benin Kingdom. (I already said that).
Benin City is the capital of the kingdom !
Next time read and try to educate yourself before unintentionnally playing the part of the ignorant black man who knows nothing but believes he can teach everything.

mynd44
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by babacletus: 5:06am On Jan 02, 2018
historyworld031:
Some foolish yoruba think Edo need yoruba permission to exist. You guys can just keep dreaming of us joigning your fake yoruba "tribe". We know ourselves and we will not let outsiders devide us.
mynd44
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by GuidoVanRossum: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2018
Someone just brought my attention to this thread. Redoil, I salute your courage. The people of Ibillo are a bit confused about their origin. Yes, a part of them may be from Yoruba land cos even some of their street have Yoruba name. I've worked with a student of history on a project to establish the history. One time they say the name was derived when their ancestors came from Ife and decided to take a rest after hunting and farming around. So it was named "Ibi la lo"
(this is where we use), another time they say they came alongside the akoko people of ondo state and the name Ibillo is the name of their ancestor (Ilo) so they decided to call the place Ibi Ilo (The place of Ilo). Truthfully, this area are late comers to education and so their history was handed to them by the Yorubas whom they've been so used to.

I see a lot of lies here that the lingua franca of Akoko-Edo is Yoruba. This is so untrue. Maybe before I was born (early 80s), since I begin to know myself, an average Akoko-Edo person speaks pidgin as lingua franca. In facts, a lot don't even understand yoruba language (the younger generation) except those of us who have lived in Yoruba land.

If you noticed, the Yorubas tried to rewrite our history (Ososo) but it failed because we already have our history handed to us by our fore fathers.

PS: I'm from the Okogbe family in Udurhevbo.

Cc ezanafe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by GuidoVanRossum: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
ezanafe:
No need for argument my people. I am from Ibillo and in fact i live there currently so i know my ORIGIN, those who don't know theirs should please find out and stop misconceptions on this thread. #I KNOW MY ORIGIN.

I've been trying to see if I know you. Where in Ibillo do you live? If you live in Ibillo, I'm sure you will know me or at least one of my younger brother.

3 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by SicilianMafia: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2018
Redoil:
i put it to you that they are not from Yoruba land. Yoruba people know ho to re write history to make it look as if every other tribe arround them are from Yoruba.

Hahaha So True!! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 12:12am On Jan 22, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:
Someone just brought my attention to this thread. Redoil, I salute your courage. The people of Ibillo are a bit confused about their origin. Yes, a part of them may be from Yoruba land cos even some of their street have Yoruba name. I've worked with a student of history on a project to establish the history. One time they say the name was derived when their ancestors came from Ife and decided to take a rest after hunting and farming around. So it was named "Ibi la lo"
(this is where we use), another time they say they came alongside the akoko people of ondo state and the name Ibillo is the name of their ancestor (Ilo) so they decided to call the place Ibi Ilo (The place of Ilo). Truthfully, this area are late comers to education and so their history was handed to them by the Yorubas whom they've been so used to.

I see a lot of lies here that the lingua franca of Akoko-Edo is Yoruba. This is so untrue. Maybe before I was born (early 80s), since I begin to know myself, an average Akoko-Edo person speaks pidgin as lingua franca. In facts, a lot don't even understand yoruba language (the younger generation) except those of us who have lived in Yoruba land.

If you noticed, the Yorubas tried to rewrite our history (Ososo) but it failed because we already have our history handed to us by our fore fathers.

PS: I'm from the Okogbe family in Udurhevbo.

Cc ezanafe.

But it is not wrong to say Yoruba factors exist among the Akoko-Edos

This is what some have tried to deny when it is so clear
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by GuidoVanRossum: 6:36am On Jan 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

You are very correct. There is Yoruba influence. My argument is that a lot of people generally refer to the Akoko-Edo people as being Yorubas. But we are Edos and not Yorubas. Historically, culturally and behaviourally, we are 90% Edos. But some people don't even know that the Edo nation exist. They will rather refer to us by our dialectical identity. This had done so many harms to the Edo nation. So much so that our siblings in Delta state have been permanently balkanized from us after they left to Delta state. Now, some of us in the northern part of Edo, from Auchi down to Ososo are gradually been tore off the Edo nation. People like Urhobos were supposedly another dialect of Edos. I'm not talking about being under the Benin empire's colony, I'm saying they are Edos, but they've been permanently separated that they now identify as Urhobos rather than being Edos. This same style is gradually being used to separate the northern part of Edo state from the greater Edo nation. If we don't start working hard on it now, Edo nation will become an historical reference of once upon a time. So, we have to preserve the identity of the Edo nation. Some people already started going for the Esans in order to separate them from the rest of the Edo nation leaving only the binis. Imagine if there was no Yoruba, only ekitis, ondos, aworis and so on, the relevance the Yorubas enjoy today wouldn't have been possible. That's how the constant misrepresentation of the Akoko-Edos being Yorubas rather than Edos will gradually wash away the significant of the Edo nation and turn us to minority for the gain of others. Imagine if the Urhobos regard themselves as Edos, the itsekhiris being part of the Edo nation and we speak under the same umbrella, no one would have take us for granted the way they currently do.

Please overlook the grammatical error as I typed this in haste.

Have a great week ahead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

No one has tried to deny it. What they are trying to pass across is that it has almost been eradicated at least awareness wise.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2018
Deadlytruth:

No one has tried to deny it. What they are trying to pass across is that it has almost been eradicated at least awareness wise.

You have. So have two others from this thread

You might want to scroll up and read past comnents
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

You have. So have two others from this thread

You might want to scroll up and read past comnents

You can as well quote the specific comments on which you claim I did.
However you failed to acknowledge the comments in which your brothers went beyond the claim of mere Yoruba influence to here assert that certain Akoko-Edo towns were founded by Yorubas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 9:57am On Jan 23, 2018
GuidoVanRossum:

I've been trying to see if I know you. Where in Ibillo do you live? If you live in Ibillo, I'm sure you will know me or at least one of my younger brother.

Which quarters are you from in Ibillo
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 10:13am On Jan 23, 2018
I'm the OP of this great thread... Akoko is a vast area of land which spans from Ondo State to Akoko-Edo in Edo State...

I'm with the motion that some communities in Akoko-Edo have some hidden myth, traces or connection with the Yorubas in terms of behavior, social cultural and rituals, in time immemorial...

Mind you, it's not all the Akoko-Edo communities that have some elements of traces, connection or affiliates of any kind with the Yorubas. Communities like Uneme, Igarra, Ososo, etc. You can quote me if I'm wrong...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 10:25am On Jan 23, 2018
Let's use Ibillo as a case study:

It has been proven historical that the founder of Ibillo was a man who came directly from Ile-Ife who later settled in the present day Ibillo... He was a visitor who sought for some space in the land, which was given to him. Hence the name "Ibillo"...

"Ibi" means place, "Ilo" mean use... If the two words are jointed, it connotes "Ibillo" which means "Lend me this place for use"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 10:54am On Jan 23, 2018
In essence, I'm not judging completely that this is that, and that is this... They are all history that has no justification...
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 11:11am On Jan 23, 2018
ezanafe:
Let's use Ibillo as a case study:

It has been proven historical that the founder of Ibillo was a man who came directly from Ile-Ife who later settled in the present day Ibillo... He was a visitor who sought for some space in the land, which was given to him. Hence the name "Ibillo"...

"Ibi" means place, "Ilo" mean use... If the two words are jointed, it connotes "Ibillo" which means "Lend me this place for use"...

No part of Akoko Edo came from ile ife

Even the ilo you talk about is an Edo Word .

You might be the OP , but from what I see you are already compromised so your say is irrelevant!!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by ezanafe(m): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
AxxeMan:

No part of Akoko Edo came from ile ife

Even the ilo you talk about is an Edo Word .

You might be the OP , but from what I see you are already compromised so your say is irrelevant!!

There is always an element of truth in every irrelevance..
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
ezanafe:

There is always an element of truth in every irrelevance..
Perception of truth is not same as actual element of truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by TOWE: 9:58am On Jan 24, 2018
9jakool:

Very few people points this out, but there are Yoruba-speaking minority communities in Ovia.
I don't know the popularity of Usen dialect today, but the town of Usen and the surrounding communities in Ovia NE speak a distinct Yoruba dialect.
Yoruba communities in Ovia NE local government include
Egbeta
Usen
Ilorin
Ogbese
Ago Panu
Uhen

The Ikale dialect can be found in parts of Ovia SW local government area adjacent to Irele Local Government in Ondo state.
The Yoruba speaking communities in Ovia SW include
Siluko
Ago Akinde
Kekere
Foniyege
Lakolako
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo

Pls i need to confirm this address
agba/ovia farm at 95 upper isloko road benin city
Does it real exist, want to buy from them b4 I pay to theit account pls help if possible phone number thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife's Wives As They Prepare To Bury Their Husband (photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives At His Daughter's wedding (Photos) / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.