Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,277 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:04 PM

*The Players Curse* - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *The Players Curse* (302766 Views)

Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story. / The Vigilante: Curse Of The Sword Now Available On Okadabooks!!! / A Curse of Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *The Players Curse* by olashas(f): 8:49pm On May 09, 2015
At last
Re: *The Players Curse* by Hurklan(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2015
Thanks tunery004, hope u dæ feel am "MSN"...
Re: *The Players Curse* by babavik: 4:36am On May 10, 2015
davidflo:

I was in a position where i rather not be. In so short a time, Dad had killed himself, Oge had started fvcking someone else and i had failed my WAEC examinations.
The economy was getting shittier; I couldn’t get menial jobs anymore. Ugo and Tope were preparing to go to proceed with their lives, I was at a standstill. I had promised myself that nothing would come between Hana and me, but it was getting bleak. I loved her so much that I didn’t want her to leave my side, but I was being selfish. She needed to be in a private boarding school where her status as an SS patient was known by relevant authorities. Having made up my mind, I walked to her room, defeated.
“Mama, I have something to tell you”, I said lying close to her.
“What is it bro?” she said, holding a novel with weird drawings on its front cover.
“You will have to go to a boarding school where you will be catered for”.
“Are you tired of me already? If there is anything I did, I am very sorry bro”
I assured her that I was doing it for her own good and the school would be close to the Estate.
“Who would take care of you when I am not around?” she asked.
“I am a big boy, I would take care of myself”.
“How would you afford the fees? We are barely breaking even with the school I am in presently. Boarding school is quite expensive.”
I wondered if she was ready for the other news, but I gave her anyways.
“We would be renting out your room and Dads; I will move all your belongings to mine. Don’t worry, I won’t mess with your stuff, most times, I will be in the parlour”
“So, you and I will be like roommates?”
“Yes. Whenever you are on holidays, we would be roommates”
She stood and I was suddenly scared. If she rejected my preposition, I wouldn’t be able to force it on her.
“Bro?”
“Yes?”
“Thanks for the sacrifice; I know you rather have us maintain this arrangement”. She came and gave me a hug.
“Can I sleep with auntie Oge tonight? She told me to ask for your permission.
“Yes, no problem smallie”
I wished it was that easy for me to ‘sleep’ with with Oge too.
Ugo and Tope were waiting for me at the car park. Tope had a girl he wanted to ‘toast’, he wanted us to be close to him when he made the move, though her name was Bose, he called her ‘Cleopatra’, said she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She was that beautiful to me, but we all had to agree that she was Cleopatra.
On sighting me, they both walked to meet me.
“Fifi, tonight is the night, that girl must succumb to my charm. I am her Caeser”
It wouldn’t have been fair to tell him about a certain individual called Mark Anthony, so I accepted he was Caeser.
Ugo was less talkative. He had a lot in his plate. His father might be dismissed from the force and he wasn’t excited about Police college.
As we walked to Bose’s mother’s shop at Zone C, I told them about my decision to rent out the rooms in my apartment, I also told them about sending Hanatu to a Boarding school. They agreed that it was a good arrangement.
Bose was alone in the shop when we got there. She started smiling as we approached her, Tope was giggling too. I wondered why he even had to woo her, she was already crazy over him as he was of her.
Ugo and I took free Gala and Lacasera from her stand and left the two of them.
After walking some few distance away, Ugo turned to me. He was still looking depressed.
“Fifi, Oge has messed up big time, I don’t know what to do”
“How, what happened?”
“She is pregnant for Bros Emma”.
“Are you serious?”
“Yes, and the painful thing is that she is not ashamed about it. She says he has promised to marry her”.
I started suffocating.
uncle FLO ride on
Re: *The Players Curse* by Eniqurl(f): 7:48am On May 10, 2015
tunery004:

U welcome. How is ur weekend goin?
Not bad bro, urz?
Re: *The Players Curse* by Eniqurl(f): 7:51am On May 10, 2015
Am loving dz story... Weldone Davidflo
BeeBeeOoh, Danyel09, Hurklan, Pinkycute long time smiley Where Liljboy nd Hfinest1?
Re: *The Players Curse* by Hurklan(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2015
[quote author=Eniqurl post=33590805]Am loving dz story... Weldone Davidflo Hurklan, long time smiley ... Abi nau, hope u re doin gud
Re: *The Players Curse* by davidflo(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2015
Oge was killing me.
It took me a while to get used to the idea of Bros Emma straffing her. Now she was carrying his baby and apparently proud of it. Besides money and age, the guy had nothing on me. The remaining conversation I had with Ugo was a blur, I couldn’t remember anything.
From the look on Tope’s face as we strolled home, he had himself a girlfriend. I didn’t know where I had gotten the rotten luck that had been my companion in recent time. I was not a spiritual person but I wondered if God could save me from this quick sand.
“I will make Bose my queen, she told me she had been tripping for me since I came to get agege bred from her shop one year ago”, Tope informed us.
I wondered what must have made her trip, but I as usual, kept quiet. Oge with a protruding stomach, making egusi soup in Bros Emma’s kitchen, while he sat in the living room, reading a newspaper were among the imaginations ruining my world.
“Fifi, which genre of people will you be accommodating in your abode?” Tope asked, immediately changing the way he walked to blend with the inappropriate words he spoke.
“You should avoid family people or those that wouldn’t be able to re-new their rent at the right time”.
‘Like your father’, I thought to myself.
“So which kind of people do you have in mind learned one?” I asked.
“As your Lawyer and an erudite friend, I strongly recommend that you take in only students of a higher institution”.
I didn’t remember ever telling Tope that he was my lawyer, he hadn’t even resumed as a Law student. But once again, I kept it to myself.
“Like someone from LASU?” I asked.
“Too many cultists jor”, Ugo quickly replied.
Tope raised his hand as if to silence us. The raised hand exposed a torn part of the shirt at the armpit region. He took his time before he replied...as an erudite fellow.
“Dear Ugo, both the male and female species constitute students of that great Institution, don’t be hindered by your myopic prejudice against the school”.
“Your mama is myopic”. Ugo replied.
Tope laughed out loud, he was clearly enjoying himself.
Ugo and I saw him off to his flat then went to his. Oge was plaiting Hanatu’s hair when we got in; they were also talking about something that was of great humour to them both.
“Bro, what did you buy for me?” Hana said with a broad smile, “I told Oge about your plan, she said she will get provisions for me when I am about to leave”.
“She wouldn’t need to do that; I will be able to take care of you”, I said curtly.
Hanatu must have noticed the pitch of my voice, for she looked at Oge , trying to decipher if we were fighting.
“Fifi, you have no right to stop me from getting something for Hanatu”.
“Of course I can”.
“You can stop her from being my sister, but you can’t stop her from being my friend”.
“Whatever! Just don’t justify your actions because of your gifts to Hanatu”.
Hanatu wanted to talk but she was motioned to keep quiet by Ugo. Like Hanatu, he was amazed without knowing what Oge and I were really talking about.
“Hanatu, let’s go home”.
“But you told me that I could spend the night here”, she replied.

I walked out of the house but was met by Oge before I got to my flat.
“You don’t have to take on the issues we have on Hanatu, she should be left out of it”.
“Are you really pregnant?” I asked her, I could smell her fragrance, but tonight I was too angry to like it.
“Ugo must have told you, that guy has a big mouth”.
“Oge, you are not even 18 yet”.
“How old was your mum when she gave birth to you?”
“Don’t you ever mention my mother in your life”.
“What will you do if I do?” she said moving closer to me, daring me to do my worst.
“You are just a confused ashewo”.
“Like your mum?”
I threw my fist at her; she ducked as my hand struck the wall behind her. The fear in her eyes was heartbreaking. She didn’t believe I could want to hit her.
“I am sorry,” I said.
She was shielding herself with her arms, like I could try to hit her again.
“I am glad I made the right choice, Emma would never hit me”.
“But I said I am sorry”.
“I am pregnant, and I am keeping the baby. I love him more each day. Just because I gave you head doesn’t mean we are all that”.
“You are hurting me, Oge”
“I wish I could do more!” she said, going back the way she came.
Maybe I should have told her I loved her that night.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: *The Players Curse* by pinkycute(f): 1:31pm On May 10, 2015
Happy Sunday sweetheart grin grin
Thanks for the invite.... wink

Eniqurl:
BeeBeeOoh, Danyel09, Hurklan, Pinkycute long time smiley Where Liljboy nd Hfinest1?
Re: *The Players Curse* by hfinest1(m): 1:43pm On May 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Happy Sunday sweetheart grin grin Thanks for the invite.... wink

okay, she's here..... *unfollow thread n walking out in slow motion*
Re: *The Players Curse* by davidflo(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2015
My lawyer, Tope was in my house with me to choose my new tenants. Two weeks ago, my friends and I had pasted the vacancy at the various notice boards in LASU, Ojo campus.
We had fixed a single day for the various applicants to come and check the ‘hostel’. It was a bright Saturday and by 3pm, Tope and I had started doubting if anyone was going to show up. We had swept and arranged the apartment like we have never done before. I even sprayed some of Hanatu’s perfume on the curtains.
On my hand was a paper containing a list of rules guiding us on the selection of the ideal tenant.
They were;
1. Must be a single tenant, no family.
2. Must be a student of a higher institution.
3. Must be between ages 18 and 30.
4. Last and definitely not least, must recognise Fifi as the landlord and Tope as the lawyer.

Tope was drinking garri and kulikuli when the first applicant breezed into the apartment. He was a chubby guy that called himself Ezenwa.
“How much be the rent?” he asked, sitting down on the plastic chair we had rented from Mama Joshua, I wondered if the chair would survive his weight.
“50k per year, agency 5k, commission 5k, damages 5k”, Tope said.
“Nna meeeeeeen, just for one room?”
“Yes, sir”
“You na go collect 40k, na wetin dey my hand be that”
“We are sorry Sir, but that is not enough,” I said.
After a while of arguing, he left. He must have opened up a flood gate because many more applicants started arriving but they didn’t want to pay the said rent, the others that were ready didn’t pass our criteria.
That was before Ezekiel came in.
He was dressed in a funny looking shirt and trousers. The shirt was quite larger than he was, so also the pant. I wondered if he had money for food, talk less of rent.
Tope didn’t waste time in telling him about the rent and how we were not ready to bulge.
“Are you a Christian?” he asked me
“What does that have to do with the rent?” I asked him.
“Everything, brother Fifi. Are you a Christian, my brother?”
“Yes, sir”, I replied.
“Halleluyah!”
He became ecstatic. The hatred I had for religious bigots made me dislike him. I wondered if I was a muslim, he would have walked out.
“Let us pray brother Fifi and Tope”.
I had heard enough and wanted to walk him out; Tope stopped me with a wink.
He told us to hold hands, I scornfully obeyed.
“Father Lord, you brought all of us here for a reason, please lord, and fulfil your purpose in this assembly. Show me a sign that I should get this room, in Jesus name”.
While we opened our eyes, he still closed his. A frown was spreading across his lips until he broke into laughter.
“Father Lord, I hear you, I hear you clearly”, he screamed.
Tope tried to stop himself from laughing, but he let out spits of giggle.
“Fifi, God has said should get the apartment”, he said looking at me happily.
“God is good”, I replied.
“Do you believe in God , brother Fifi?”
“Yes”.
“That is good. He said I should tell you to just collect 50k and forget about all the other fees”.
Tope laughed so hard, tears were streaming down his eyes.
“Why are you laughing, brother Tope?”
“God works in mysterious ways, sir. While he was telling you to just pay 50k, he was busy telling me to insist that your pay everything with two years rent. God is wonderful Mr Ezekiel”.
Ezekiel frowned at the statement; he turned back his attention to me.
“What do you say, Brother Fifi, listen to God or man?”
“I will listen to my lawyer”, I replied.
He stood up immediately and started singing songs of praise. I was glad he did because of his bad breathe. He stopped after a couple of songs, after which he reached into his withered briefcase, brought out some money and gave it to Tope.
After counting it and confirming that it was 65k, he was giving a roughly drafted agreement form by Tope to fill. I gave him a key to his room and one to the door of the flat.
He promised to relocate into the apartment within the month, we shook hands and he left. We didn’t have much progress with the remaining applicants; it looked like we were going to have to paste more vacancies for the spare room.
I thanked Tope for his assistance; he rejected the 5k I gave him for the agency fee, saying that we were all doing it for Hanatu. After bidding him goodnight, I settled into my bed. Hanatu was with Oge, she was spending more time with her and I had no power to stop her. Since the last incidence with Oge, I had been avoiding her like a plague.
I was listing all my regrets in my head when I heard a knock on the door. I wondered if Tope had forgotten something in the apartment or Hanatu wanted to come home after all. I wondered if she came with Oge, I didn’t mind seeing Oge before I slept, if just for a second before I flee.
Opening the door, I saw someone I had never seen before. She was a girl dressed stylishly like a model. It was dark but she still had dark shades on.
“I am sorry that I am late, traffic issues. Is the room still vacant?”

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: *The Players Curse* by davidflo(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2015
I wanted to tell her to come back around in the morning. I also wanted to just shut the door on her and go back to sleep but I couldn’t.
“Yes”, I replied.
“Are you the Landlord?” she asked.
“Yes”
“My name is Kiki, can I see the room?”
“Sure”.
She took a tour of the apartment, spending more time in the kitchen and toilet.
“You live alone?”
“Nope, my younger sister stays here. She is with a neighbour now.”
She removed the shades and I saw the most beautiful brown eyes.
“What of your parents?”
“Dead”
“Oh my God”, she dropped her hand bag on the plastic chair that Ezenwa almost destroyed with his big yansh. She embraced me like a lost family member. She smelled great, her hair was inches away from my nostrils...I was in a garden of roses.
“It’s been a while, not a big deal anymore”. I still enjoyed the hug.
“Can I pay now?” she asked.
“You will have to come tomorrow, my friend that serves as my lawyer will have to be around”.
“Oh, you have a lawyer. That’s nice”.
“He is not really a lawyer yet, not even in a university yet”.
We both laughed.
“Sorry for disturbing so late, will come around tomorrow”.
“It’s alright”.
“Please reserve the room for me”.
“For a thousand years”.
“Awww, thats so cute, thanks. What’s your name?”
“Fifi”
“I am Kiki, you are Fifi. We are like twinnies”
I chuckled.
“I might be a bit older, but we would still be twinnies”.
I extended my hand to tell her goodnight. She brushed it off and hugged me instead.
“We would be the best flat mates ever”.

That night as I slept, I would rather have dreamt of Kiki but I dreamt of Ezekiel. In the dream, he was moving into the apartment with about a hundred bibles. I kept throwing them back out, but it was like they were duplicating themselves. When I woke up, it was Sunday and Hanatu was already in the apartment. She was making bread and fried eggs for breakfast.
“Hello mama, how was your night?”
“Fine bro, did you get any tenant?” she asked.
“Yes” I replied.
“Who are they?”
“One is a son of God”
“And the other?”
“Daughter of Eve”.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: *The Players Curse* by aprilwise(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2015
Welcome back. Such a long time without update.

2 Likes

Re: *The Players Curse* by davidflo(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2015
Kiki moved in about a month after Ezekiel did. I wondered if all her belongings would fit into the apartment. Didn’t she remember that she only paid for a room? She gave the house a new look. Her smell was everywhere. The kitchen now had utensils that beautified it.
I remember when Ezekiel first set his eyes on her. She had moved in on a thursday when Ezekiel usually came home late after attending one of his numerous fellowships. When he entered the apartment he went straight into his room to give thanks to God and all the plenty things he did, then he came out with a bowl of uncooked beans. I was sitting in the parlor when he ran out the kitchen closely followed by Kiki.
"Fifi, we have an intruder in the kitchen"
"Oh, you are Ezekiel, Fifi told me about you, nice to meet you".
He ignored her handshake.
"Why are you dressed like this, sister Kiki?"
Kiki was dressed in a micro-mini skirt and a tank top. I wondered if she shouldnt be free to dress the way she liked in an apartment she paid for.
"Oh, is that why you are not going to shake me?"
"But you are not dressed in a decent way".
I wanted to walk out of their discussion but i was busy studying for GCE.
"Mr Ezekiel, I suggest you get used to it. If you cannot stand my dressing, I suggest you unlook".
"Fifi, we are Christians in this house, you have to do something about this".
"Like what, Ezekiel?"
I wished I could tell him about tolerance. How much I have tolerated his all night prayer battles with his family from the village, the city, overseas and ancestors.
"If she doesn’t dress like a Christian sister and save us from sin, her rent will be refunded to her".
"And you will pay for the room?" I asked.
Kiki started shaking her head incredulously, "Times like this, I wished I had not stopped smoking," she said hissing.
"Ezekiel, we will live peacefully with each other, as long as nobody is encroaching on another person's space".
Kiki hissed again and went back to the kitchen.
“I want to cook beans now I cannot go into the kitchen, Fifi why did you collect this type of tenant. Na our salvation you they play with o”
Kiki came back to the parlour later with two plates of rice and turkey. She gave one to me and took the other to her room. I was very grateful. Ezekiel was muttering some things to himself that I really wanted to hear but couldn’t. His eyes were fixed on the meal.
He stood up abruptly, went to his room and came out with a bible, a new one. He knocked on Kiki’s door.
“Ezekiel, what can I do for you again?”
“Ahn ahn, Sister Kiki. It is not like that. See I brought you a bible”.
“You don’t know how to talk to people”. She said
“Oya no vex. I brought you this Gideon’s bible, it’s a gift from me to you”.
“I thought it’s free. Missionaries share it and it’s even written on it that it is free?”
“You are missing the point, precious one”.
“I am listening”.
“A gift is a gift, either free or not”.
“Ok, thank you dear”.
She collected the bible and wanted to close her door when he stopped her.
“What is it now?”
“Has the rice finished? You see, I have beans but no palm oil”.
“Oh, perhaps you can pray that God should turn water to palm oil?”
“Stop am, hungry dey nack me”.
“Go ahead and take as much as you want, I was just kidding with you dear”.
He didn’t wait for her to finish before dashing into the kitchen.
After about four spoons of rice I told him I didn’t see him pray before he started digging. I was used to him praying fervently whenever beans and garri was the dish.
“Praying is more of spiritual than physical bro. I prayed with my spirit”.
More than once, I had suspected that Ezekiel was a false prophet.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: *The Players Curse* by Eniqurl(f): 3:35pm On May 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Happy Sunday sweetheart grin grin Thanks for the invite.... wink

Don't mention smiley
Re: *The Players Curse* by Eniqurl(f): 3:36pm On May 10, 2015
Nice work Davidflo Following like Twitter.. smiley
Re: *The Players Curse* by olashas(f): 3:44pm On May 10, 2015
Ezekiel grin
Re: *The Players Curse* by buskie13(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2015
olashas:
Ezekiel grin
na bad pastor grin

1 Like

Re: *The Players Curse* by lumzybo: 7:18pm On May 10, 2015
Very funny. @ bro Ezekiel cheesy
Re: *The Players Curse* by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:00pm On May 10, 2015
Eniqurl:
president present auntie..
Re: *The Players Curse* by Uthman2senior: 9:04pm On May 10, 2015
We talking of stomach matter here.......Nice one Davidflo
Re: *The Players Curse* by eitsei(m): 12:41pm On May 11, 2015
lolll... prophet Ezekiel, sister kiki and fifi the landlord lett thhe sshoww beeghiinn!!!
Re: *The Players Curse* by iheanyi40(m): 3:18pm On May 11, 2015
Cool story
Following

Continue davidflo
Re: *The Players Curse* by Onyeval212(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2015
Davidflo thus story is getting more interesting oooooooo make sure say you no keep us waiting ooooooooo
Re: *The Players Curse* by bukiano123(f): 6:12am On May 13, 2015
ooh my goodness,I laughed like 'no mans bizness' after reading this.
truthfully, I tot I will just be an humble ghost reader blessing ur soul as I read but I could not hold myself.
starting from the crazy lawyer tope,to mischievous pastor Eziekel, capable landlord Fifi and the mysterious sister kiki.
p.s God told me to tell u omo emi (davidflo)more grease to ur elbows and more update as na dat ome d koko #smiles

1 Like

Re: *The Players Curse* by tohbank(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2015
Nice one#following
Re: *The Players Curse* by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 13, 2015
oya davidflo come continu abeg grin
Re: *The Players Curse* by azcute(m): 12:51am On May 14, 2015
I swear i really enjoyed ds short story, plsssss come n nisho
Re: *The Players Curse* by hfinest1(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2015
omor.... I dey feel dis story die! d only thing wey dey vex me be say I neva see my bro hurklan n my boo eniqurl.... okay I don see eniqurl sitting beside pinkycute *shouts* hey eniqurl!!! come n sit here..
Re: *The Players Curse* by Balearshavin(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2015
oya update nw
Re: *The Players Curse* by Hurklan(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
hfinest1:
omor.... I dey feel dis story die! d only thing wey dey vex me be say I neva see my bro hurklan n my boo eniqurl.... okay I don see eniqurl sitting beside pinkycute *shouts* hey eniqurl!!! come n sit here..
i dæ here, na exam make me quite jare
Re: *The Players Curse* by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 14, 2015
davidflo no make us vex o angry u never drop today own angry angry angry angry
Re: *The Players Curse* by HDoc(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2015
Thnks 4 D update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply)

Sex Na Food (Pidgin Comedy Edition) Story Of A Rugged Guy By Youngzubi / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.