Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police (36305 Views)

Share Your Experience Dating A Stingy Girl / My sad Experience with weird lady / My Experience Dating African Girls - Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Naijasinglegirl: 9:03am On Jan 17, 2015
I met a policeman on Monday.
I had stood for over 10 minutes trying to cross the highway before an elderly policeman came to my rescue. He flagged down all incoming vehicles for me to cross safely. I thanked him and proceeded to walk away but he asked for my name & place of origin.
When I told him, he came up with a fable of how his grandma's sister-in-law nephew is my uncle brother cousin.
Typical Nigerian behaviour of tracing your family ancestry to theirs when they need your attention. *sigh*

Then he pointed at a bar and told me to sit out with my 'village person' briefly.
I stuttered on how I needed to be home in 10 minutes and all he did was take one look at me and another at his cellotaped patched gun strut around his shoulders.
Who wan die? I quietly followed him.

We sat by the window.
He told me to order a drink and I timidly requested for pineapple fayrouz for fear that he might arrest me if I order a fancy champagne and ibo. For where?
Then he told me some unfunny jokes and I had to let out a fake laughter for fear that he might shoot me if I don't find him funny.
To sum up how miserable I was, his mode of communication was unadulterated pidgin.
When he noticed I was twiddling with my straw nervously, he gave me that crafty, 'relax, the police is your friend' look.

"Baby girl as you never chop here, shebi you go follow me go house go cook soup for us?"
"Sir I can't oh. I have a slight fever and I feel drowsy." I replied, flabbergasted at his request.
"Drowsy drowsy...drowsy." He murmured repeatedly. "Na why you for drink stout instead of this yeye sugar water so the drowsy go just commot."

"What I mean is, I feel sleepy." I said.
He walked briskly to the window and pointed towards the left.
"You see that catholic church. You go go my house go sleep. E no far from here. Just waka straight, enter that compound opposite that catholic church, ask for chairman house. Na me be the area commander for this side."
He looked me in the eyes and smirked. "As you don become my girl, nobody fit make trouble with you for this town."
Na so!
One hawker passed with a bucket of buns.
"Egg roll dey pass oh!" He exclaimed. " You go chop am with your mineral?"
"Thank you." I said sincerely.
I couldn't laugh.
Apparently, the only way I could break-up with my new romantic boyfriend was to play along. I told him to give me an hour so I could go over to my house, drop my bags and come over to his for a nap.
His face lightened up.
He brought out a hideous walkie talkie phone and told me to input my phone number. One of those Hollywood 'Jack Bauer, do you copy' alcatel gadgets.
I took his, typed mined in his walkie talkie but replaced the last digit with 4. My apologies to the unlucky person.
He produced a bunch of keys and twirled out a spare for me.
"Panadol dey for table for sitting room if the fever still dey do you. Shebi you go wait till I come house? I go come meet you around that kind 6. "
"6 ke? Ah Oga Police don't you have armed robbers to shoot? Don't you have roadblocks to mount?" Those where my thoughts but I didn't voice them out.
I nodded in affirmation and left.

I'm still with his key. I have no intentions of ever passing his lane and I'm lucky where I live is quite a distance.
Here is to hoping I don't find my photo in one of those wanted posters.
If that is how local a relationship with a man in uniform is, abeg abeg abeg I no want.

204 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by iceberylin(m): 9:08am On Jan 17, 2015
This is so funny grin

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by DeCritique(m): 9:11am On Jan 17, 2015
Lolz.... So so funny! If area commander mistakenly jam you any day, na better gbegee for you be that oh... E go better make you go do facelift or colour toning, if you fair before, shange your colour to white and vice versa. Good luck till 2019!!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Naijasinglegirl: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2015
I forgot to add culled from http://www.naijasinglegirl.com

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Baddestguyp(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by luvlyoracle(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2015
grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by ligopedro: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Kusibe77(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2015
Y u no eat egg roll ?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Tapout(m): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2015
lol...on how d person wey get d number na girl, she go swear for you tire grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2015
Why this, this lady? You know I am nursing my annoyance in silence but you want to break it. I have chosen not to laugh over the weekend & you cant break that.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Maamin(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2015
So you met an unknown policeman on the road that helped you to cross over the high traffic congestion and you already followed him to the bar to drink fayrouz undecided smh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Naijasinglegirl: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2015
Maamin:
So you met an unknown policeman on the road that helped you to cross over the high traffic congestion and you already followed him to the bar to drink fayrouz undecided smh!
who says no to free drinks? Not me biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Naijasinglegirl: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2015
Tapout:
lol...on how d person wey get d number na girl, she go swear for you tire grin
LOL
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by deuce7(m): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2015
Mineral with puns grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by alberto2k(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2015
Lwkm!

Dis is really funny

But what if this policeman jam u for roadblock
I wonder what will be your excuse...? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 17, 2015
lwkm! made my morning cheesy
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by jmoore(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I forgot to add culled from http://www.naijasinglegirl.com
Why not modify the first post and add the link there.
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Maamin(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
who says no to free drinks? Not me biko

You will soon be used for rituals biko! tongue
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2015
Hahahhahahahah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2015
angry grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Princesschi(f): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2015
Lolz
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by boolet: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Very funny. Spare key for a stranger?
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 17, 2015
Very funny!
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Dymondgurl(f): 10:32am On Jan 17, 2015
Naijasinglegirl, always making my day. So freaking hilarious

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Isiterere(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2015
...naijasinglegal, this is below expectation but you can do better

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Nutase: 10:48am On Jan 17, 2015
grin
Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by doublezero7(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2015
Maamin:

*ignored*

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by macklef(m): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2015
Isiterere:

ALL IZZ WELL
Yeah. I agree with u,unlike others i didnt laugh.
i see d ladys like it, maybe they can relate better with it than we d guys.

My best is still the poultry joke, i could relate with it perfectly. I guess thats how to get best with her jokes, if u can relate personaly with it.

Nice job tho NSG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police by Naijasinglegirl: 11:08am On Jan 17, 2015
Isiterere:

ALL IZZ WELL
I can do better? Hello? When did you hire me to become your online clown?

40 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Philosophical Questions To Ask In A Relationship / My Girlfriend Doesnt Call Me / They Met During A Hike And He Proposed During A Hike In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.