Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. (1045 Views)

Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Wole Soyinka In London In 1960 Enjoying Jokes (Throwback) / 2face Idibia Visits Buhari In London In A Photoshopped Picture / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by lurther: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2015
I stumbled on this picture of the emir of katsina online and i was shocked to know that, such a high revered northern leader had known what civilization is as far back as 1931.

It is disheartening to observe with all sincerity, that, with the advent and rapid spread of civilization in the 20th century, the northern zone of nigeria are still backward. Meanwhile, the yorubas and igbos, have long embraced civilization, the north still keep on wallowing in perpetual primitive way of living.

Now, whom are we to blame for this perpetual enslavement of our northern people ?
I blame their leaders and they are doing it on purpose and not due to negligence.

It is said that for you to get power and maintain that power, there are ways by which it is achieved.The most veritable and workable way, our northern elites have continued to arrogate influence and affluence in the north is to keep their people in eternal darkness. This is a very crude and crass method of maintaining influence and affluence in a society.
The question is how did they do these? The answer is simple. They achieve their continous rule over their people by denying them education. Francis bacon said, 'Knowledge is power'.

Awolowo was priviledged like this emir of katsina to also see civilization in london, and he came back and gave the whole of south-west free education. where is the south west today? Thumbs up to awolowo.
The igbos are also very educated because their leaders recognized the importance of education and influenced their people to get education.

The northern elites truely know that, if their people are being educated, they will be sharing of power and wealth among the people through unfettered civilization that will set in. It is high time we begin to tell our northern brothers the bitter truth, that, all they need is development and civilization and not just being servants to a few. They should begin to hold their leaders accountable, because, the only aim of their leaders, is to deny them the neccessary education so that they would continue to be used in their quest to continue their entrenchment of power and amassing of wealth on them.

Even after 50years of independence of Nigeria, our northern brothers are still talking of almajiri schools. Anytime i hear this almajiri school thing, i just laugh and cant seem to stop laughing.

Let our northern brothers embrace education,so as to get civilization. If their northern leaders tell them not to go to school that school is useless, while they send their own children to school to pass leadership over to them, let them reject such calls and embrace education.
If their leaders tell them that education is bad, they only tell them that, so they will continue to be servants to them and their children.

'KNOWLEDGE IS REAL POWER'. Francis Bacon.

Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by lurther: 10:44am On Jan 17, 2015
And one of Boko Haram's agitations is rejecting western education.
Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by desire21a: 1:33am On Nov 02, 2016
angry

Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by desire21a: 1:34am On Nov 02, 2016
angry,

Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by desire21a: 1:35am On Nov 02, 2016
grin

Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by Twy: 1:47am On Nov 02, 2016
That is likely Dikko, he was a moderate northerner who was biased towards the British and vice versa. I think the Sardauna factor diminished Dikko's moderation/Western outlook in the north.
Re: PICTURE OF EMIR OF KATSINA IN LONDON IN 1931. by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Dead thread since Jan 2015...who ressurected diz mummy? angry

(1) (Reply)

Boycott Punch Newspaper / Why we insist on Jonathan’s re-election —Nigerians in US / My People, Buhari Is Tired.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.