Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Boy Who Met Jesus In Heaven During Near-death Experience Says Its A Lie - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boy Who Met Jesus In Heaven During Near-death Experience Says Its A Lie (1134 Views)

Viper Snake Killed Near Corpers' Lodge In Anambra (Photos) / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics) / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boy Who Met Jesus In Heaven During Near-death Experience Says Its A Lie by oyinkanolu: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2015
A little boy who penned a best-selling book claiming that he ascended to heaven and met Jesus during a near death experience in 2004 is recanting his story, claiming that he made it up in an effort to seek attention.
The startling admission from Alex Malarkey, whose story was told in the 2010 book “The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven,” written by both him and his father, Kevin Malarkey, has led publisher Tyndale House to pull the text from print, NPR reported.
The revelation emerged this week after Malarkey reportedly sent a letter to the Pen and Pulpit blog in which he pointedly admitted that the story was concocted.
“I did not die. I did not go to Heaven. I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible,” he wrote. “People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible.”
Malarkey went on in the statement to share his belief in Jesus and the central Christian doctrine that Christ died for humanity’s sins, calling for those marketing the materials “to repent and hold the Bible as enough.”

Continue reading - http://www.remspot.com.ng/2015/01/boy-met-jesus-heaven-near-death-experience-says-lie.html

Re: Boy Who Met Jesus In Heaven During Near-death Experience Says Its A Lie by asadike(f): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
I don't know what to tell you, I hope dis time ur repentance is for real or are you trying to regain attention?
Re: Boy Who Met Jesus In Heaven During Near-death Experience Says Its A Lie by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Made up name, made up lie, made up religion.

I'm out. Thought I'd read something sensible here.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Before You Go To Bed, See This And Laugh. Is The Guy Crazy? / Fire In Otukpo Main Market(photos) / Konga Is Giving Out 500 Naira Airtime For Just Completing Survey Grab Urs Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.