Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992825 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cindino20:
For those going to bremen...visit the studentenwerk site and search for accomldation...then you can contact the person in charge ... http://www.stw-bremen.de/de/wohnanlagen-bremen/wohnpark-am-fleetvorstra%C3%9Fe

For those coming to Bochum....visit http://www.akafoe.de/wohnen/online-bewerbung/ and register, you will be placed on a waiting list ...you can also check http://www.wg-gesucht.de/

All the best...

NOUN dey award Msc and Phd shocked shocked shocked..which way naija grin cheesy undecided....abeg make anybody nor quote me to explain ...

The very boss cindino20, The house finally caught you for this year's edition of "wise tips from our bosses in Deutschland".

The interview with the great boss will continue shortly after this break. Stay tuned.....

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

Congrats bro! nice meeting you and members of your Goethe summer class crew today.

I later got to know today that the summer class will not earn you an A1 cert like that of the normal class as against what the secretary assured after several enquiries. However, one can write Startdeutsch 1 @12k to level things up or even give one an edge over ordinary attendance certificate because students will be taught basically everything that is being taught in the normal class. But I still apologize for the incomplete info, na the Goethe secretary fault. Nothing still spoil.

Maximum respect to twinkle, LMUhopeful, Amatrendy, kelvin and the rest.
Mr chairman Eke40seven, you mean you where at goethe institute?
wow!!! I would have love to see you at least to say thumbs up for your contributions.

twinkle, I noticed una, More blessings!!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
isidollarboy:

Mr chairman Eke40seven, you mean you where at goethe institute?
wow!!! I would have love to see you at least to say thumbs up for your contributions.

twinkle, I noticed una, More blessings!!!!

Na so we see Eke today oo. Very nice. Bro, I never see you oo..Abi I dey see you no know sey na you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
kciano:
My regards goes to Eke47 who has been profusely advising me no matter hw many times I asked him questions.......he neva get tired of answering my stupid questions. ...back to my testimony....I did my interview today ...it's the same old questions we hv been seeing.....na the chinko German woman that interviewed me.......her first question wasnt pleasant as ..... she asked me where am I going to? I told her magdeburg (my heart skipped immediately and my brain said to me I should hv mentioned the name of my school but no shaking).....I immediately re adjusted as she asked me why do u want to study this course .......I threw her off balance ( my people ..u might not want to hear wht I told her) ....the next questions where ......y German and not uk. ..Canada. ....usa etc........please my people pay attention to y u want to study ur MSc in germany ...she asked me these question like 3 times but in different grammatical construction .......be smart enough to identify that it's the same question......I was just saying as I earlier said ..........as I earlier said blah blah blah......
For the block account I used sterling bank and they hv debited me but am yet to receive notification from DB....THE exchange rate was 219.83........so u see that sterling bank rocks ....when I get my notification ...I would send details on how my fellow naira landers can process theirs .....
danke........tschus

congrats bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 5:56am On Aug 07, 2015
Guys I seriously need some advice.

A friend of mine in paderborn told me how problematic paderborn ausländerborhorde is but don't believe I would have some problem.

I got some more questions from Nigeria embassy from the aliens office.

I need to know the motives and some tips on what to say. Though some questions here is personal and I know what to say. But seriously need your input.

I think I answered all this question during interview. But this one's coming straight from aliens office. Some question I think is unnecessary

with regards to your visa application, please be informed that the Aliens Authority of your future place of residence would like you to answer some additional questions:

1. During the interview, you stated that you are going to finance the stay in Germany on your own. Please specify how you will come up for the requested financial means.

2. Why would you like to deepen your German language first and then study in English language?

3. What advantages are you going to take for your personal future by studying in Germany?

Regards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 6:13am On Aug 07, 2015
zeeblamj:

Did u call again? What's d status now?

Thanks 4 asking .I have not called again. I want to give them one week before i call again .

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2015
Kelvinpam:

congrats bro

ALL BANKS MUST NOW USE NAIRA 4 Ur International Transfers. with the new CBN regulation no more foreign currency deposit. what ever u need 2 pay 4 just prove to them that it is not in the cbn blacklisted transaction and your bank will give u form 2 fill them pull money from ur account and give 2 cbn then cbn give them the foreign currencies @ the prevailing cbn rate. Those that are yet 2 fund will even get lower rate as euro is still falling .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Pls anyone in berlin can u help with ur fb name i need some information from u thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2015
iyke20024:

A friend of mine in paderborn told me how problematic paderborn ausländerborhorde is but don't believe I would have some problem.

I need to know the motives and some tips on what to say. Though some questions here is personal and I know what to say. But seriously need your input.

I think I answered all this question during interview. But this one's coming straight from aliens office. Some question I think is unnecessary

with regards to your visa application, please be informed that the Aliens Authority of your future place of residence would like you to answer some additional questions:

1. During the interview, you stated that you are going to finance the stay in Germany on your own. Please specify how you will come up for the requested financial means.

2. Why would you like to deepen your German language first and then study in English language?

3. What advantages are you going to take for your personal future by studying in Germany?

Regards

Wow,It's really getting serious o...
1) Probably becos u stated during Ur interview dat Ure sponsoring urself so they want to know ow U'll continue to do dat after the one year blocked account is exhausted... Don't really have an answer to dis, others should help out.
2) I also had an offer from unipaderborn but choose not to pursue it. In my case it was stated in my admission letter dat the school offers a compulsory and intensive german language studies... If It's stated in ur admission letter den u can state dat in addition to ur self studies or enrollment for a german class here in Nigeria,U'll also do it as a course in ur 1st semester.
3) I think wat dey want to hear here is how ur studying in germany will help Ur career goals. Be careful here not to say anytin contrary to Ur explanation during Ur interview.

For those dat re yet to have their interview, It's beta u totally avoid dis self sponsor issue so u won't have som explanation to do later...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:29am On Aug 07, 2015
iyke20024:

Regards

@eke40seven @futurewise11: @dolpaz

guys any idea.. I am sending it asap before noon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys!
I have already booked for interview with one admission letter.Can I just go for interview with the more prefered admission letter?Has anyone done it?Do you know someone that has done it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 9:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys!
I have already booked for interview with one admission letter.Can I just go for interview with the more prefered admission letter?Has anyone done it?Do you know anyone that has done it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Lemme try number 2 and 3.

2) You could say for better and faster integration to your environment. You have read/heard stories of Nigerians finding it quite hard to smoothly integrate into the german system due to weak German profficiency. So in order to stem that, you are strengthening bebefore you arrive Germany. Another reason could be that whether you strengthen or not, your German knowledge might not be able to cope with German studies.

3) Germany is the technological hub of Europe and miles ahead in this area. Studies in Germany will give your a strong stand in your career since you will be learning from the best in the field. (When the V.O asked me similar question last year I simply told her, I like Benz. I own and drive one, seeing the quality of the car, I am sure Germany will provide quality education for me - note, Na UniStuttgart bin dey apply for)

My two maultasen slices wink

iyke20024:

Regards

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adexhat(m): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2015
iyke20024:

Regards

I will advice you repeat what you said during the interview with respect to these question, but now in a more detail or explicit way. Like you have it in question 1. 'SPECIFIC' you will need to probably highlight how you intend to go about the funding e.g. deposit d reqd amount for a year, if you're working let them know you've got savings to do that. If not let them know your family will transfer subsequent needs to you after your first.

For the second question, let them know it's necessary for quick integration into the system. No crime in that.

Last one, i think the question still borders on why you wanna do d program, so elaborate it this time around. Dig deeper into what you intend to gain from d program as well as how you it will help your country (if you mentioned coming back in interview). Google current trend in your area of study to back it up.

I think you shouldn't have a 'P' with that.

Meanwhile it's good to be back here. 'Oracle Eke' and others well done.

Alles gute, preparing for my interview!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2015
Oye50 please have you gotten your DB alert? Please kindly let me know when you are alerted.
Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys!
I have already booked for interview with one admission letter.Can I just go for interview with the more prefered admission letter?Has anyone done it?Do you know anyone that has done it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fempet07: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys,

This trend has been really helpful. Sorry I don't know how to comment on a trend but I have a question for whoever is reading this now.

I have an appointment for 11th of this month but haven't been able to get the hard copy of my admission letter.

Please can the embassy issue a visa with the soft copy of admission letter? Please i need your urgent assistance.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello guys, is there anyone here in giessen or or around giessen? . Hesse, I mean. Please send me a PM. I need to meet someone there.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adexhat(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2015
Bro, print the soft copy and go with it. Make necessary copies as indicated on the checklist

Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2015
Yes, that's what we all are using
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2015
Hey guys,
Is anyone here in giessen or in neighboring town. Please I need to meet someone

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2015
fempet07:
Hello guys,

This trend has been really helpful. Sorry I don't know how to comment on a trend but I have a question for whoever is reading this now.

I have an appointment for 11th of this month but haven't been able to get the hard copy of my admission letter.

Please can the embassy issue a visa with the soft copy of admission letter? Please i need your urgent assistance.

Thanks.

Just go to the embassy with a hard copy (printed copy) of your admission letter. You don't really need the original.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
adeboye1000:
Hello guys!

According to what I have been reading on this thread for a while, the important thing is that you have an admission letter. Even after you might have gotten your visa you can still change to a more preferred school in another Bundesland.

Guys please correct me if I am wrong.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
Adexhat:

I will advice you repeat what you said during the interview with respect to these question, but now in a more detail or explicit way. Like you have it in question 1. 'SPECIFIC' you will need to probably highlight how you intend to go about the funding e.g. deposit d reqd amount for a year, if you're working let them know you've got savings to do that. If not let them know your family will transfer subsequent needs to you after your first.

For the second question, let them know it's necessary for quick integration into the system. No crime in that.

Last one, i think the question still borders on why you wanna do d program, so elaborate it this time around. Dig deeper into what you intend to gain from d program as well as how you it will help your country (if you mentioned coming back in interview). Google current trend in your area of study to back it up.

I think you shouldn't have a 'P' with that.

Meanwhile it's good to be back here. 'Oracle Eke' and others well done.

Alles gute, preparing for my interview!

@daimlerbenz @Adexhat

Thanks guys. See me wey don travel before no ones no be twice they on hot seat. Na wa

Maybe they are confused i am doing a one year language course before studies.. while its not.

Also number three i think its my motivation they need.. Cracking my brain..

I funded my block account already so I think the question did throw me off balance. Dont know there motives

I will tell them for the support or funding account I have a savings and also some other stuff but also if i got a problem my family will help me out.

Na God now ohh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
i want to thank everybody on this thread on their useful contributions so far. i received letters of admission from fh kaiserslautern and hs rhinewaal to study msc mechanical engineering on the 4th and today respectively.also was issued a leave for some weeks today in my place of work. i will like to know the current amount to be paid at the embassy for the db account opening, secondly i want somebody to give me a detailed description on how to get to the german embassy from iyana paja as i will be staying with a friend there. my enrolment deadline for the both schools is 21oct and 15nov respectively. once again i thank you all,hope to get ur response asap

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
bosakelvin:
i want to thank everybody on this thread on their useful contributions so far. i received letters of admission from fh kaiserslautern and hs rhinewaal to study msc mechanical engineering on the 4th and today respectively.also was issued a leave for some weeks today in my place of work. i will like to know the current amount to be paid at the embassy for the db account opening, secondly i want somebody to give me a detailed description on how to get to the german embassy from iyana paja as i will be staying with a friend there. my enrolment deadline for the both schools is 21oct and 15nov respectively. once again i thank you all,hope to get ur response asap

1. congratulation on your admissions
2. Be in Lagos by Sunday ( if you are not a resident) for the Blocked account opening on Monday. you must be at the embassy latest by 8am.
3. from Iyana ipaja, find your way to Oshodi then to Obalende/CMS. At CMS take a bus to Eko hotel and alight at checkpoint bus-stop. Cross to the other side of the road and asked for the German Embassy.
4. You will pay NGN4,500 for the blocked account application.
5. Go to the embassy with 2 filled copies of the DB blocked account form, your passport and 2 copies of the data page and 2 copies of your admission letter. Note that TWO copies of all the documents are needed.
6. use the receipt of the blocked account to book for your visa appointment that SAME day if you really want to beat your enrolment deadlines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Adexhat(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
bosakelvin:

Hi, you can only apply for the account opening Mon-Wed between 8-11am. However, you should be therefore 8am if you dont want to see the red eye of my friend a.k.a. consula 1.

From iyana, blow LAGBUS to Oshodi b/stop. Cross over to board another going to Lekki/Ajah and stop at check point and cross the road to the embassy gate. Or alight at Bonny camp and trek back to the gate.

Ensure you leave home as early as possible.

Alles gute
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
ogagaejay:
Hello guys, is there anyone here in giessen or or around giessen? . Hesse, I mean. Please send me a PM. I need to meet someone there.
Hi. I stay in Hessen. Wiesbaden precisely. But I am at Abuja at the moment on a vacation. What's up? I will be back on 21st though.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
I want to make certified copies of my documents at the German embassy, does any one know how much it will cost? Or I should just stick to a notary public though the school informed me the embassy is preferable. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
bosakelvin:

Oga, to add to the comments above, pls and pls, make sure you get to the embassy on or before 7am cos anytime from 7am, you may be denied entry. during my blocked accout opening, the man bounced alot of people from 7am. infact, he gave us a list around 6:55am to start filling. so anyone who's name is not found would be sent back. I got there around 6:20am

pls everyone should take note.

danke schon.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
Zeeblamj! Whoa!
I am excited. I don't know if I can paste my number here. This is my BBM DELETED place add me up. Asap

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
ogagaejay:
Hey guys,
Is anyone here in giessen or in neighboring town. Please I need to meet someone

Sup man... Are u going to JLU Giessen? MSc Agrobiotechnology?

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.