Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992341 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 4:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Junipero:

After 7 years of hard study your annual Income go dey use idea approach 7 digits

You are joking, nothing less 4k EURS per month for starters and the tax go freak you out.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 4:50am On Aug 10, 2015
zeeblamj:

Studienkolleg is a one year preparation for ur studies . That is, if u know zero German and u are going for a German course. It is usually a good thing. They teach German as well as other subjects related to ur course of study and then in the end of the year u will write an exam. After then u can start ur course. U may already have B1 in German by then which makes studying even easier.
Studienkolleg requires minimum B2 to get admission to even write the entrance exam and its not a school for zero german at all as am currently doing it.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dabigmax1: 5:02am On Aug 10, 2015
hello guys, please I just got admitted recently on the 6th of this month. I intend to use a letter of sponsorship from someone living and working in Germany to book an appointment but the money requested by the person to process it for me is much. my uncles are citizens of Switzerland, and they ask me to find our if the German embassy in Lagos we accept sponsorship letter from Switzerland for someone in Nigeria that wants to study in Germany. pls house I need your take on this as resumption is Sep/October.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 5:18am On Aug 10, 2015
kalimera101:

Thanks for your response. Yes the language requirement is german at least B1. There's no English taught program.
I will like to apply though, I'm just wondering if learning german up to that level is difficult and if the application procedure is different from other Bsc.
I've been going through daad, had even emailed some schools but they mentioned a "studenkellog" then an exam. It's just complicated.

Thanks though.

@Kalimera
it's not complicated as you think,how about using Google to do a search on "studienkolleg" on a laptop or desktop computer, please avoid mobile phones as it might not give the full site details.
Studienkolleg is a pre-uni one year course to bridge our waec to meet up the German Abitur and it's in fully german and no teacher would teach you basic german grammar there,it's mainly to improve your German knowledge to C1 level ( writing and speaking).

@All incoming,I've seen multiple post here claiming daad.de isn't showing a certain search result or another thing, please biko use a desktop to do the search on the website and you'll see the difference.
Some would say, Shebi phone too fit browse na, please forget it,as a web admin myself, many sites are not fully optimized to show site fully on mobile.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 5:56am On Aug 10, 2015
Dabigmax1:
hello guys, please I just got admitted recently on the 6th of this month. I intend to use a letter of sponsorship from someone living and working in Germany to book an appointment but the money requested by the person to process it for me is much. my uncles are citizens of Switzerland, and they ask me to find our if the German embassy in Lagos we accept sponsorship letter from Switzerland for someone in Nigeria that wants to study in Germany. pls house I need your take on this as resumption is Sep/October.

Its a pity dear, I don't think the person u mentioned in Germany really wants to help you. If he does he wouldn't have requested above d stipulated amount for the letter wch is 25.00 euro.
Am also using letter of sponsorship and my uncle did everything and also spend his time on several occations for my letter. If he ask u to pay d 25.00 euro pls do so and try him also believe and pray over it.
Don't give him anything that exceed that amount.

Plz be careful so that u won't be a victim to fraud.

Danke

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 10, 2015
I do believe that the sponsor needs to work and reside (lawfully) in Germany.

I do not think your uncles in Switzerland can write you a sponsorship letter.

If they are willing to help they can give you the funds for the blocked account and you can pay them installmentally (this is going to take a long time if they ask you to pay back).

Else there isn't much they can do for you.

Dabigmax1:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 7:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Wishing all visa hopeful and visa appointees success this week. May God provide for all blocked account hustlers in Jesus name.

Amen.

let the testimonies keep rolling in

Good morning Alles..

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obiWon1: 7:15am On Aug 10, 2015
kilo4sure:
Hello house, I appreciate everyone in this thread and all our ogas dem, Eke et al. There's something I really want to learn about uniassist though it's not an issue that comes up often, as regards the way they convert our Nigerian cgpa, do they do it the normal way or has anyone had an experience with them in which they used a different maximum or minimum grade for us,especially those who have dealt with them recently, I await your incisive responses. Again keep up the good work guys. Danke.

I think they do it the normal way... I applied through them (and I am still awaiting admission decision). After their processing and evaluation of my application documents and my CGPA after being converted to that of German System is exactly dsame to what I got when I did it myself using the conversion calculator.

During d conversion, I used maximum as 5.0 and minimum as 1. So for them to get exactly what I got signify it's done the normal way...

Check your mail. Sorry for d late reply.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2015
styles2009:

Studienkolleg requires minimum B2 to get admission to even write the entrance exam and its not a school for zero german at all as am currently doing it.
Really? It used to be a preparatory course for new bees... So did u have to make a language course before ur studienkolleg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:22am On Aug 10, 2015
kalimera101:

Please what is that @bolded?
Is it compulsory to wrote the @bolded exam to get admitted?
Yes it is compulsory to wrote write it grin grin grin grin. It's an entrance exam just like JAMB but not structured same way like it.
You require a very strong command in German to scale thru and B1 will not get you there, trust me i know what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2015
kalimera101:

Lol. That's a nice way to see it. But I looked it up, the pay for doctors in germany is not so good though possibly better than here.
You should look at the US. if you study medicine and get to practice in the US ehn...your money go long wella. Just take SAT, get a good score, apply to schools giving scholarships for their pre-med courses (chemistry, biology, etc). These schools are many. After about 7 years in total, you'd earn more than what you're supposed to earn as a doc in Germany.

kilo4sure, check TU berlin, msc polymer sci. and engr. Summer and winter applications. It beats me y u as a chem engr. wants to study chemistry. I'd advise u 2 chill till winter 2016, there are lots of excellent schools offering mat. sci, chem. eng., renewable energy, etc. Use d time to develop ur software skills, get A2 german knwldge, get IELTS, take GRE (so u can apply 4 scholarships in US <them many, trust me>wink. One year wait is not too long a time
#MYHUMBLEOPINION

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 9:25am On Aug 10, 2015
Pls o!, could a kind fellow refer me to the exact page where d details nd contact of d fidelity bank lady (Adeola or sth like dat) who is in-charge of d form A stuff in V.I. pls. I'm having a little issues in d bank outside Lagos pls. URGENTLY NEEDED. tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2015
Styles2009, thats totally not true. Daad doesnt show all the courses offered in Germany. For example, last time I checked, TU Clausthal Msc resevoir engineering wasnt on daad.
Fos those looking for schools, check
1. Daad
2. Tu9's website
3. Mastersportal
4. Studyineurope/scholars4dev website (dunno the correct one, try both)
5. Lastly, do a google search of your desired course. Again almost all search results would lead you back to daad.
*wink #thankMelater.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Pls anybody in or going to Kassel, or hessen pls i need ur contact

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2015
Obiwannn:
You should look at the US. if you study medicine and get to practice in the US ehn...your money go long wella. Just take SAT, get a good score, apply to schools giving scholarships for their pre-med courses (chemistry, biology, etc). These schools are many. After about 7 years in total, you'd earn more than what you're supposed to earn as a doc in Germany.

kilo4sure, check TU berlin, msc polymer sci. and engr. Summer and winter applications. It beats me y u as a chem engr. wants to study chemistry. I'd advise u 2 chill till winter 2016, there are lots of excellent schools offering mat. sci, chem. eng., renewable energy, etc. Use d time to develop ur software skills, get A2 german knwldge, get IELTS, take GRE (so u can apply 4 scholarships in US <them many, trust me>wink. One year wait is not too long a time
#MYHUMBLEOPINION

I was shocked abt Kilo4sure's decision..I dont know why a chemical engineer would want to switch to chemistry..its normal d other way round..maybe he is driven by passion(love for chemistry).cos the pay for engineering grads re higher compared to natural science grads...if u re n driven by passion baba just look for related engineerin course do abeg.. dont be in a hurry..

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2015
styles2009:

You are joking, nothing less 4k EURS per month for starters and the tax go freak you out.
After a few years u will start to earn more. And when married u don't pay as much tax. Didn't know doctors earned that less for starters. My husband earns 5200k euros per month but we had to pay almost 40 percent tax sha but I also earn a relatively good amount of money every month so it's hundred percent better than in Naija Where we earn at most 200k NAira every month. And that's if u know somebody. Lol. But once ur married u go to a different tax class. U can save more money then. Taxes are minimal when u have a family

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2015
hollaytan:
I live in Hessen
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2015
hollaytan:
Sup man, what is the story, I am heading to Hessen, send me a PM

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Junipero: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2015
styles2009:

LoL He won't be a Starter forever you know... Don't forget bonuses/allowances.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Junipero: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2015
kalimera101:

Lol. That's a nice way to see it. But I looked it up, the pay for doctors in germany is not so good though possibly better than here.

Nice to see that you understood the wordplay grin . Some people did not.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2015
zeeblamj:

After a few years u will start to earn more. And when married u don't pay as much tax. Didn't know doctors earned that less for starters. My husband earns 5200k euros per month but we had to pay almost 40 percent tax sha but I also earn a relatively good amount of money every month so it's hundred percent better than in Naija Where we earn at most 200k NAira every month. And that's if u know somebody. Lol. But once ur married u go to a different tax class. U can save more money then. Taxes are minimal when u have a family
No be lie. I SHOULD START LOOKING FOR A WIFE ASAP!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Junipero: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2015
So NOBODY dey come Aachen?

Which kain dirty attitude be this na?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 10:33am On Aug 10, 2015
Junipero:
So NOBODY dey come Aachen?

Which kain dirty attitude be this na?
Bro, are u in FH or RWTH? I applied to FH but was rejected due to lack of german language cert.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Junipero: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2015
[quote author=lobito007 post=36801774]
Bro, are u in FH or RWTH? I applied to FH but was rejected due to lack of german language cert.[/quote
quote]

Sorry about the rejection. U don apply to other schools?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 11:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Hello house! please does anyone have IELTS CD/DVD? kindly help me out.
@ Obiwann, stop that, we have given u a wife already. cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2015
zeeblamj:

40% tax? my God some peeps salary for months..... little wonder education is free
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:33am On Aug 10, 2015
oligee:
LOl.. Man is polygamous by nature. *wink
Chk around pages 70 to 80 of this thread. Prolly page 74. There z a dwnload link I put up there containing cambridge 1 to 9.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2015
Neyoalao:

40% tax? my God some peeps salary for months..... little wonder education is free
Lol ya. It's a lot of tax to pay. That's why the social security is real unlike in Nigeria. I have a friend who lives off the government just cause she had a baby in Germany. But after marriage d tax is reduced cause now u have more responsibilities
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello guys, I was offered admission by Tum. The school portal requires that I accept the admission before the admission letter can be printed . What happens after I have accepted the admission and decided to enroll in another school, because I am aware that after accepting a school's admission you most reject that of every other school. I have been using the admission letter of a different school, which I most likely to enroll in. Just need to know this, don't really mean to bore you tosay

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
oligee:
check out this I got from a friend. .

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ/edit

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2015
hope i dont have to show the payment receipt of the declaration of Age at the embassy cos, in my state they write 50 naira and collect 100 for it hence no receipt
yusufftaiwo:

1. state, federal, high/low/magistrate court, even ur village court grin grin grin ... it doesn't mata
Normally d person swearing the has his pix attached but if it has changed U'll be told wen u get there...
2. Ur print out and waec scratch card will do...cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
lamingo:
hope i dont have to show the payment receipt of the declaration of Age at the embassy cos, in my state they write 50 naira and collect 100 for it hence no receipt

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.