Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994015 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
So no be only me like food like this. grin Abeg make una pack everything packable, ino fit even use that dried fish play. Highest mehn
Obiwannn:

Baba I no gree oh..kpatakpata, We go share that name oh..lol

No beans? Maka why na?
Abeg u fit list all the foodstuff wey boys fit send?
Hope dried fish and dried meat join. grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
thanks boss @naijaobi.....please give us details of this Nipost package including cost......so make den no mag us.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hello guys.

How much (in Euros) do you suggest that I take along with me to spend before accessing my blocked acct considering that I am heading to Munich and I may have to stay in a temporary room before getting permanent housing?

Also how do I get a cheap means of converting Naira to Euro without going to the mallams? I am gonna try Union bank but I would also appreciate other suggestions.

cc Naijaobi..your expertise would be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2015
Also how do I get a cheap means of converting Naira to Euro without going to the mallams? I am gonna try Union bank but I would also appreciate other suggestions.
...called my account officer at union bank some days ago and he confirmed that they do sell PTA (personal travel allowance) but only at their HQ in Lagos.....with PTA you will be buying Euro using the bank official rate......All banks do sell PTA but most of them will complain of not having foreign currency at hand.....Another option is for you to travel with your Master/visa ATM card....

for PTA you only need your passport with valid visa and travel ticket

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 12:26am On Aug 23, 2015
aibee01:

...called my account officer at union bank some days ago and he confirmed that they do sell PTA (personal travel allowance) but only at their HQ in Lagos.....with PTA you will be buying Euro using the bank official rate......All banks do sell PTA but most of them will complain of not having foreign currency at hand.....Another option is for you to travel with your Master/visa ATM card....

for PTA you only need your passport with valid visa and travel ticket

Is it compulsory that the ticket be a return ticket or can a one-way ticket suffice?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 1:21am On Aug 23, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Is it compulsory that the ticket be a return ticket or can a one-way ticket suffice?

One way will definitely work as we are on national visa.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:30am On Aug 23, 2015
I talk am say Apostle Naijaobi na expert in NIPOST affairs, FOODSTUFF department..see him analysis for him interview, succinct and straight to the point, no sugarcoating.

@obiwannn, you hear am? No reason oyibo side like say na internship as me self don give up my blonde dreams, E hard but now I don dey blind to their luscious beauty for my own good.

@LMUhopeful, I think I talked about PTA/BTA some months back from Diamond bank, just walk into their bank and do the transaction immediately. I went to the branch at that shopping complex/market before Ajah bus stop specifically (the name of which I can't remember at the moment). This was last year. Just take your International passport and show them where your visa was stamped. Its very cheap
And for the flight, take one way even if they insist on you taking return. Explain to them that you won't be coming back even in 3 years and hold your ground, they will give you.

Munich is quite expensive though so just hold enough but I can assure you that getting access to your blocked account is not difficult, all they need is a valid address. Many of our ogas used friends address when they first got there and it was accepted but without a valid address you can't unblock it..

@crowns, I sight you dear..Your love for your DVD eh!

There is flohmarkt and shplock for cheap stuffs @ give away prices grin

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2015
@obiwan, doplaz, fapper and other drunken masters, easy with beer in deutschland o, make una no go dey carry hangover go class.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2015
hollaytan:
@obiwan, doplaz, fapper and other drunken masters, easy with beer in deutschland o, make una no go dey carry hangover go class.

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Include honourable Seyi too nah undecided undecided.

but as for me, I dey okay with Malta guiness cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Rayhut:

Make she carry all this her stuff go ooo,all this stuff she mentioned is very expensive in Germany, DVD,speakers and shoes are not cheap in Germany
Why should she carry her DVD speakers, when she can get better ones here in Germany for free or relatively low price.
Forget Naija shoes. If you are in Germany and you're not rocking those German shoes, baba you are missing. SCHUHE sells very good shoes and also cheap ones too. Then you have Deichmann which i kind of feel it's a little bit okay but worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Aug 23, 2015
@willy2000

Unbanned and post restored.

Sorry about that.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2015
justwise:
@willy2000

Unbanned and post restored.

Sorry about that.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2015
willy2000:

Why should she carry her DVD speakers, when she can get better ones here in Germany for free or relatively low price.
Forget Naija shoes. If you are in Germany and you're not rocking those German shoes, baba you are missing. SCHUHE sells very good shoes and also cheap ones too. Then you have Deichmann which i kind of feel it's a little bit okay but worth it
Xactly my point! Who lives in Germany and wears Naija made Aba shoes. Lol. Go to these places he mentioned above. Affordable, and comfortable

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2015
Obiwannn:

Baba I no gree oh..kpatakpata, We go share that name oh..lol

No beans? Maka why na?
Abeg u fit list all the foodstuff wey boys fit send?
Hope dried fish and dried meat join. grin

aibee01:
thanks boss @naijaobi.....please give us details of this Nipost package including cost......so make den no mag us.

They don't accept beans. I don't know why. They'll send everyotherthing as long as it's not liquid. Dried fish, stock fish, dried meat, dried vegetables(not marijuana ooo..lol), garri,maggi, etc etc etc.

Just walk into any NIPOST office and tell them you want to send foodstuffs abroad. They'll weigh it and then bring out a book where you check the price depending on the country or region.

Go with your own carton and cellotape otherwise they go sell one to you at an exhorbitant price.

It's simple and straightfoward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2015
lmuhopeful:
Hello guys.

How much (in Euros) do you suggest that I take along with me to spend before accessing my blocked acct considering that I am heading to Munich and I may have to stay in a temporary room before getting permanent housing?

cc Naijaobi..your expertise would be appreciated.

Bro, Just go to Union Bank and tell them you want to transfer school fees via Form A. Tell them it's school fees. Then while filling the form you write "school fees(blocked account)". Then you tell them that your school said you should first transfer the fees to your blocked account in German, then from there you now pay the fees when you arrive Germany. Make sure you tell them it's for school fees.

If you are in Enugu area, i can give you a contact.

As for how much you should have with you while coming.. well 300 euros is okay. But when you arrive do not enter taxi from the airport to your final destination. I REPEAT do not enter taxi at the airport grin grin grin.. unless you have enough cash with you. Am talking from experience..lol prophet eke40seven can testify to this. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2015
naijaobi:

Bro, Just go to Union Bank and tell them you want to transfer school fees via Form A. Tell them it's school fees. Then while filling the form you write "school fees(blocked account)". Then you tell them that your school said you should first transfer the fees to your blocked account in German, then from there you now pay the fees when you arrive Germany. Make sure you tell them it's for school fees.

If you are in Enugu area, i can give you a contact.

As for how much you should have with you while coming.. well 300 euros is okay. But when you arrive do not enter taxi from the airport to your final destination. I REPEAT do not enter taxi at the airport grin grin grin.. unless you have enough cash with you. Am talking from experience..lol prophet eke40seven can testify to this. grin grin
Lol the taxi shiii...... He's right Oo. Take a train or bus or whatever. Don't use a taxi. i also did that a couple of weeks ago. I went to a fest and we were too tired to walk to where the car was cause we had to walk like 3km from the parking place. We used a taxi, and for a few minutes 30 mins Mayer ride from Schiersteiner hafen to Patrickstrasse in the bierstadt, there was about 40 to 80 I think mabe more euros reading. Lol . I nearly cry Oo

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2015
zeeblamj:

Lol the taxi shiii...... He's right Oo. Take a train or bus or whatever. Don't use a taxi. i also did that a couple of weeks ago. I went to a fest and we were too tired to walk to where the car was cause we had to walk like 3km from the parking place. We used a taxi, and for a few minutes 30 mins Mayer ride from Schiersteiner hafen to Patrickstrasse in the bierstadt, there was about 40 to 80 I think mabe more euros reading. Lol . I nearly cry Oo

I even just called hubby to confirm. It was 75 euros. For a 30 mins drive. Also from the flughafen ( airport) to the goethe strasse in Frankfurt I also once paid 35 euros. It was a 17mins drive. And na just 15 km Oo. Which kind stealing be that. No mind their yeye meters Oo. It's worse. Better by a train ticket if ur going to another city or take the bus . Much more affordable. After losing quite a lot of money with cabs, I started using the 2.70 euros bus. Month ticket u can also get. Plus it's fun cause u can meet new people on the bus. Students too

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 23, 2015
victz:
What do you need a DVD player for when you can always get a better one in Germany? And the bag of shoes, shey na fashion parade you want go Germany go do ni abi na book you want to study? (No insult intended though I beg ooo!)
Electronics can be cost in my opinion. Maybe it's where I live I dunno but Saturn and Media markt have nice electronics, and cost. So allow the guy post his stuff if it's possible. Or wait until u hear about a Flohmarkt, or maybe buy on eBay or join the trading page of ur city on Facebook. U always find things at give away prices. Most people buy second hand here Oo. Cause to be honest Germany is the most expensive eu country to live in. Also ur furniture ( reading table and chair) buy second hand online or from guys in school. Do not try IKEA!!!!!! U will get lost in the beauty and spend all ur money. Remember, in Germany, 8040 euros is not a lot of money. U can finish it before u know it. As a student, u have to find a small job that sustains u before u start buying. Not advisable to use the 8k for pleasure (partying, buying drinks, humping hookers, buying cool furniture or other things u know that tAkes up cash) use your 8k wisely, spend ur 10-15 euro per hour from ur job on the extra stuff.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2015
zeeblamj:

Electronics can be cost in my opinion. Maybe it's where I live I dunno but Saturn and Media markt have nice electronics, and cost. So allow the guy post his stuff if it's possible. Or wait until u hear about a Flohmarkt, or maybe buy on eBay or join the trading page of ur city on Facebook. U always find things at give away prices. Most people buy second hand here Oo. Cause to be honest Germany is the most expensive eu country to live in. Also ur furniture ( reading table and chair) buy second hand online or from guys in school. Do not try IKEA!!!!!! U will get lost in the beauty and spend all ur money. Remember, in Germany, 8040 euros is not a lot of money. U can finish it before u know it. As a student, u have to find a small job that sustains u before u start buying. Not advisable to use the 8k for pleasure (partying, buying drinks, humping hookers, buying cool furniture or other things u know that tAkes up cash) use your 8k wisely, spend ur 10-15 euro per hour from ur job on the extra stuff.
One more thing, women is how u lose ur money fast. Naija, and Ghanaian girls in Germany eh...!!!!! Fear them. Abeg be careful with going to Bastians for coffee and stuff. African girl will hardly split the bill with u Oo. She will eat, and when d bill comes she will be pressing her phone. Sine ur eyes. At least the German girl will offer to split the bill in half. Anyways just be careful. Bad guys are also here. If u look hard u will find crack heads, please don't join them. We already have enough bad names in Europe. Just do ur thing and get out. As somebody said earlier, don't think of sleeping with a drunk girl, don't think of raising ur voice on ur gf, she might call the cops Oo. And before u know, wahala don come. Even if u smoke igbo don't fight Oo or hit a girl, and stuff like that. Unless u want to put ur mother to shame. My cousin once smashed his gfs phone and she called d cops. No b small wahala she been wan turn d thing to ooooo. He's lucky he had a witness that could say that she wasn't touched. That's a person across the streets who could see from his apartment a few things that happened. Let everyone have only good testimonies of their stay, no let person spoil ur blues with reggae. Love u guys! See u in Germany!!! U will all get ur visas by Gods grace and u will testify in 3 years....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2015
@ Zeeblam; Thank you so much for your unequivocal advise. A good advise they said is like a second mother to a child. Since it's difficult for one to secure a direct flight from Lagos to Stuttgart. Please, which of the following means of transportation Is advisable to use; A bus, train or another flight from Munich to Stuttgart?
zeeblamj:

One more thing, women is how u lose ur money fast. Naija, and Ghanaian girls in Germany eh...!!!!! Fear them. Abeg be careful with going to Bastians for coffee and stuff. African girl will hardly split the bill with u Oo. She will eat, and when d bill comes she will be pressing her phone. Sine ur eyes. At least the German girl will offer to split the bill in half. Anyways just be careful. Bad guys are also here. If u look hard u will find crack heads, please don't join them. We already have enough bad names in Europe. Just do ur thing and get out. As somebody said earlier, don't think of sleeping with a drunk girl, don't think of raising ur voice on ur gf, she might call the cops Oo. And before u know, wahala don come. Even if u smoke igbo don't fight Oo or hit a girl, and stuff like that. Unless u want to put ur mother to shame. My cousin once smashed his gfs phone and she called d cops. No b small wahala she been wan turn d thing to ooooo. He's lucky he had a witness that could say that she wasn't touched. That's a person across the streets who could see from his apartment a few things that happened. Let everyone have only good testimonies of their stay, no let person spoil ur blues with reggae. Love u guys! See u in Germany!!! U will all get ur visas by Gods grace and u will testify in 3 years....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2015
victz:
@ Zeeblam; Thank you so much for your unequivocal advise. A good advise they said is like a second mother to a child. Since it's difficult for one to secure a direct flight from Lagos to Stuttgart. Please, which of the following means of transportation Is advisable to use; A bus, train or another flight from Munich to Stuttgart?
Hey ya.... Is there something u have to do u in Munich? If there isn't, then fly to Frankfurt. It's two hours six minutes away from Stuttgart. Munich in almost 3 hours away from Stuttgart. That's by car sha. By tram from Frankfurt maybe 1 hour 55 mins. But from Munich it's longer. My advise, fly from Lagos, to Frankfurt then use train to Stuttgart in 2 hours. It's faster. U gain 40-50 mins more time than from Munich and this train may cost 19-24 euros I think to Stuttgart. That's cheaper than flying again ..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2015
victz:
The bus takes approximately thesame time and maybe 18-25 euros. U can get tickets for bus or train online, or at the airport. My advise, if u ain't doing nothing in Munich, fly to Frankfurt straight. It's nearer to Stuttgart
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2015
zeeblamj:

Yes you are really telling us the truth about Germany without painting it, Some things are expensive in Germany especially electronics, last time that I visited I was totally disappointed that I can buy so many things, I went to Saturn and cyberport in Berlin to buy Tablet and laptop,the least price there was 155€ for Acer product which is about 36425N for tablet but of good quality, in Nigeria here that tablet goes for 15000N at computer village Ikeja,China is really helping us in Africa,if not ,only few people will be using camera phone,laptop is no go area about 699€ for Acer Aspire v5-573g 39.6cm

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rayhut:

Yes you are really telling us the truth about Germany without painting it, Some things are expensive in Germany especially electronics, last time that I visited I was totally disappointed that I can buy so many things, I went to Saturn and cyberport in Berlin to buy Tablet and laptop,the least price there was 155€ for Acer product which is about 36425N for tablet but of good quality, in Nigeria here that tablet goes for 15000N at computer village Ikeja,China is really helping us in Africa,if not ,only few people will be using camera phone,laptop is no go area about 699€ for Acer Aspire v5-573g 39.6cm
See It is expensive here. But pretty too. It's a wonderful experience. And guy, Berlin is really really expensive most of the time when I'm there. Those people are thieves...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rayhut:

Haven't you heard of Ebay? you buy cheaper laptops and phones there. I'm talking from experience.
I bought my laptop online for just 250€ and it's an iCore 5, 8g ram, 500HD.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
victz:
Flight from Lagos to Stuttgart long pass River Nile...check again!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Eke40seven:

Wouldn't it be much better if he saved the money and took a 2 hours at most train or bus from Frankfurt for 19 euros?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Eke bro, what would be your advise? Zeeblam said that connecting Stuttgart from Frankfurt is not as far as connecting Stuttgart from Munich. She suggested that Frankfurt would be a better option than Munich.
Eke40seven:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
victz:
Eke bro, what would be your advise? Zeeblam said that connecting Stuttgart from Frankfurt is not as far as connecting Stuttgart from Munich. She suggested that Frankfurt would be a better option than Munich.
Stick to Frankfurt---> Stuttgart. It's cheaper than Munich ---> Stuttgart

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dam12:
Nawa naso u just dey quietly hop in and out cool...Anyways its allowed, I dey ur back #TeamWinter2016
lol, my dear me de for silent reading n jotting mode for now, while i do justice to my statement of purpose!
#Team winter 2016

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
dolpaz:

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Include honourable Seyi too nah undecided undecided.

but as for me, I dey okay with Malta guiness cool

Why he go include me nah? Everybody knows I'm a pro malta Guinness and anti beer or oringin. If I warn you and you refused, I think the best option is to put u***e inside beer bottle and set 911on speed dial on my phone. Sebi dem talk say who first call police na im dem go listen to even if he is the one at fault, just wait and see. grin grin grin . Happy Sunday to this wonderful family; our waiting time will never be a wasting time in Jesus name. God bless us all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
@Naijaobi, I dey 042, abeg d contact via d union bank. again, I sent u pm.
Tnx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.