Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992969 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toroze(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toroze(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
My Top Contenders for MSc in Computer Science are:

University of Frieburg
University of Bonn
Free Universiity of Berlin
RWTH AACHEN University

Now the question is which is the best in terms of Education, Living Expenses, Job Offers and Accommodation cc Williamso Eke40seven and my other ogas
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
jaegermesiter:
@obiwann,pls did u use yellow card for ur travel and how and where did u obtain it ?
U do not require a yellow card to go to Germany... But if you do want the vaccine, u could get it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

no need for yellow card

Beans would fly...everything on that list should fly. I dont know about groundnut oil though. No need to carry am..E de here
As for palm oil, that one is complicated, most people say it doesnt fly, but someone said on Finish thread that it flew, u just need to package am well. Dont forget to have that 1k readily available to sort immigration oh..lol..I know say by saying this, I de encourage corruption lol, but bros..just closee eye give them, make them no come change am for you. I know u knw what I mean lol

And when u land Germany, the police fit ask u, at least they asked me, wetin de inside ur bags.. just tell them clothes and foodstuffs. Then if they ask u what kind, (they asked me whether there was jam, cheese, etc (maybe they have embargo on thsoe goods, I dont know) in em), tell them rice, and ur local food...

And should you need to buy a train/bus ticket, insert the euro in the machine with the side carrying the blue rectangle and circular yellow star flag.

And A BIG Amen to all una prayers...
Perfect posts! Cold don greet u ba? Winter is coming... Hamburg can be cold oo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

secondly, come with a LAN cable. Most internet connections especially the one you would get in your room are WLAN and not Wifi. E cheap for naija, around 2k for 10m long cable. I know say the price for here go be die.

thirdly, bring winter jacket oh...the cold for here no be play. A useful tip to reduce the weight on your luggage which I told em Oye say I go do na I wan share give una so.
You know say clothes light well well and na jeans and winter jacket na heavy.
So this is what I did..
I wore two jeans, wear three if you can
then wore an inner, a shirt and two winter jackets for my body.
Laff if you would, but the clothes wey I wear for body reach 12kg when I measure am. Tell me how I for take add am to my bags wey dn already dey weigh 48kg The woman at the check in desk come de ask me say why I pack clothes for body say am I cold? Na I tell am say yesoooo...meanwhile no be small sweat I de sweat oh..lol

fourthly, carry all ur documents oh..I remember the guy at the airline desk asking me if I've payed my school fees and I tell am say na free tuituon, then he come de ask for any evidence of payment made to the school. I no no how that one take concern am sha, but I gavee him my Form A transfer receipt.
You have been giving great tips since you arrived.. kudos. Let me sharply add the LAN cable to my list.. Lol.. Asking for school fees payment at check in desk Shaa.. This people will not kill me.. Lol

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
kindly reply my pm.... quickly
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Perfect posts! Cold don greet u ba? Winter is coming... Hamburg can be cold oo.
omoh the cold wan sama me no be small...na even when we dey air na the thing start. Immediately we entered Hamburg air space no be small thick cloud. Meanwhile Berlin, Magdeburg et al wey we pass along the way no be like that oh... lol and I hear say d real cold neveer starrt? Mhen thnak God say I get fat for body..

Toroze:
My Top Contenders for MSc in Computer Science are:
University of Frieburg
University of Bonn
Free Universiity of Berlin
RWTH AACHEN University
Now the question is which is the best in terms of Education, Living Expenses, Job Offers and Accommodation cc Williamso Eke40seven and my other ogas

Dont play with RWTH oh.. I hear say the school even get prestige pass the very prestigious TUM cheesy

GottSeiDank, oboy Katangowa too make sense oh...clothes cheap there gaan...guess how much we buy winter jacket (correct thick one o)?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
To my ogas, LAN cable. Not WLAN cable...

@Toroze, you can apply to all of them. Would be wonderful to have to choose amongst these prestigious schools with all their acceptance letters on your laps.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiwannn:
Ehen, I forgot to add a very important tip for those who are yet to come.
By as much clothes, jeans, inners and shoes as possible when coming, forget that Aba made quality hoax. Its hogwash.
Person wey I know tell me say him buy 10 jeans... cheesy him no go buy jeans be that again for the next one year.

secondly, come with a LAN cable. Most internet connections especially the one you would get in your room are WLAN and not Wifi. E cheap for naija, around 2k for 10m long cable. I know say the price for here go be die.

thirdly, bring winter jacket oh...the cold for here no be play. A useful tip to reduce the weight on your luggage which I told em Oye say I go do na I wan share give una so.
You know say clothes light well well and na jeans and winter jacket na heavy.
So this is what I did..
I wore two jeans, wear three if you can
then wore an inner, a shirt and two winter jackets for my body.
Laff if you would, but the clothes wey I wear for body reach 12kg when I measure am. Tell me how I for take add am to my bags wey dn already dey weigh 48kg The woman at the check in desk come de ask me say why I pack clothes for body say am I cold? Na I tell am say yesoooo...meanwhile no be small sweat I de sweat oh..lol

fourthly, carry all ur documents oh..I remember the guy at the airline desk asking me if I've payed my school fees and I tell am say na free tuituon, then he come de ask for any evidence of payment made to the school. I no no how that one take concern am sha, but I gavee him my Form A transfer receipt.

I wish all of una more testimonies oh..and those that are flying today, tomorrow and soon a very very safe flight..
again all ye ghosts for here, there is God oh..make una come out of hiding, cos what u people are doing is selfish, and in the long run una no go benefit trust me. I met a lovely Nigerian dude here and he has really been very helpful.. I believe God connected him to me as a helper, cos I love helping people in return... So have a rethink, let us as One Nigeria take over Deutschland. If you have any info that would help ur neighbour, tip on a course, connection to a person, job link, etc, share it, don't hoard it. Enoough of the Indians, the Cameronians and even Ghanaians dominating us. The average Nigerian has a mentality of wanting only himself to succeed and doesnt want his fellow Nigerian to succeed; living life as if na competition. We need to get rid of that mentality. Nothing dey for life oh my people, as all in all na vanity. We should live it consciously with a view of helping one another and putting smiles on people's faces.
Its Obiwannn signing off....and OHHHH YES..WINTER IS HERE!!!

Styles2009, biko I get some questions..please check ur PM, or gimme ur Lyca number if u get
Chief Cindino, abeg u o get Lyca Number?
How una take cope with the initial cultural shock? I am finding it very difficult to go out of my room oh...been indoors all day.
Again, I found this site and was lost while sifting through it
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Germany
I need a suggestion as per sim wey get cheap call rates to German numbers and cheap data plan...or those sim cards wey dey get flat rates wey cover calls sms and data. I don run from contract phone oh..I no buy again. The complexities involved pass even me wey like complex situations. Make I no go do wetin to finish all my block account money.

obiwann,when i dey tell you say boredom one kill me for this giessen before,at first there is this initial cultural shock and to go out is a problem but with time,u will get over it. At least hamburg get many africans,giessen not much,u go enta supermarket and na only u go black for inside many people but we will all blend with time. Godwin!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Na the thing be that. If you're heading to Deutschland, you can also hook yourself up with winter clothes at Katangowa - cheap, quality and strong
Thank me later grin
Obiwannn:

GottSeiDank, oboy Katangowa too make sense oh...clothes cheap there gaan...guess how much we buy winter jacket (correct thick one o)?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

omoh the cold wan sama me no be small...na even when we dey air na the thing start. Immediately we entered Hamburg air space no be small thick cloud. Meanwhile Berlin, Magdeburg et al wey we pass along the way no be like that oh... lol and I hear say d real cold neveer starrt? Mhen thnak God say I get fat for body..

Dont play with RWTH oh.. I hear say the school even get prestige pass the very prestigious TUM cheesy

Over make sense na understatement... if we talk the price ehn.. peeps go open shop for germo straight. obi, hope dem dey serve purpose sha...including the Jeans.

anyway, thank God for saving me today from a crazy Marwa driver

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emideon: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
plz i need some help am experiencing delay have not be contacted for my student visa i did my interview since on the 11 of august and funded 3rd of september. i heed an advise so what should i do? i am new here
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Rayhut:
@Obiwann, thanks for your feedback, if all the 2015 winter can report the situation in Germany as you are doing now, a lot of people coming later will not have problem in integrating with life in Germany, Nigerians in Germany are lagging behind Cameroonians, Indians because an average Nigerian don't like associating with each other or sharing vital information free of charge. We can change that if we want, for the cold matter, just begging to come outside so that the cold will master you or you mastering the cold, remember that this is just the beginning of winter, by December snow will begin to fall and weather will drop to 2 to 0 degrees, I think that weather is between 11 to 15 degrees now. Have a nice time over there, God will bless the work of your hand.

Very true the average nigerian doesnt like associating with his fellow man,everyone just dey form. I went to enroll today and you will be suprised the way indians and asians interacted like they knew each other from home,They are lagging behind,na even ghanian don dey show me road for here,anyways hoping for the best in the future and a change.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emideon: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tension is rising over one month now since my interview? i just mail the allien today and no feedback yet.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
olsrach:

Very true the average nigerian doesnt like associating with his fellow man,everyone just dey form. I went to enroll today and you will be suprised the way indians and asians interacted like they knew each other from home,They are lagging behind,na even ghanian don dey show me road for here,anyways hoping for the best in the future and a change.

I will be coming to giessen soon, what department are you? Let's chat on pm
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
emideon:
Tension is rising over one month now since my interview? i just mail the allien today and no feedback yet.
Guy stop spamming the thread na ..Uve been told what to do, kindly wait for their reply or put a call thru 2moro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emideon: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
yusufftaiwo:

Guy stop spamming the thread na ..Uve been told what to do, kindly wait for their reply or put a call thru 2moro
@yusufftaiwo there should be no vulgar it hurts to wait especially when you dont know the cause. But i believe God will turn things around for good
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
emideon:
@yusufftaiwo there should be no vulgar it hurts to wait especially when you dont know the cause. But i believe God will turn things around for good
well, I understand how Ure feeling but everyone here passed thru same, some even worse dan yours... we still dey wait for the almighty eke04seven...So bro just chill relax nd wait for ur testimony...Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by UgMartins1: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
can one tell me wot could it be....German embassy wrote me wit attached file 2day after 7days of interview & I opened d file , saying I should come to dia office with my passport & d attached document btw 8 to 9 hour . pls tell me wot it could b & advise me wot to do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
olsrach:

obiwann,when i dey tell you say boredom one kill me for this giessen before,at first there is this initial cultural shock and to go out is a problem but with time,u will get over it. At least hamburg get many africans,giessen not much,u go enta supermarket and na only u go black for inside many people but we will all blend with time. Godwin!

Bros, no be lie...have u gotten over it yet? I'm hoping to get over it tomorrow oh..

@Dolpaz, thank God.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by emideon: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
yusufftaiwo:

well, I understand how Ure feeling but everyone here passed thru same, some even worse dan yours... we still dey wait for the almighty eke04seven...So bro just chill relax nd wait for ur testimony...Cheers
@eke04seven u will not labor in vain am pacified a bit waiting for God's hollow hands and delivery of my favour
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
UgMartins1:
can one tell me wot could it be....German embassy wrote me wit attached file 2day after 7days of interview & I opened d file , saying I should come to dia office with my passport & d attached document btw 8 to 9 hour . pls tell me wot it could b & advise me wot to do

Hey big man, that is not the usual visa email.
Get on your knees right away, pray like you have never prayed before. I will pray for you

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi1: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
House after confirming from Allien Office it's takes how man days for embassy to process the visa.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
ogagaejay:

I will be coming to giessen soon, what department are you? Let's chat on pm

no shakings but enrolment don start,I m in msc agrobiotechnology...i think i remember u,did u miss ur visa interview on 30th of july and got rescheduled? i was the dude wearing blue checkered shirt,i think mr twinkle and lmuhopeful also did interviews that day,i stand to be corrected...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
ogagaejay:

Hey big man, that is not the usual visa email.
Get on your knees right away, pray like you have never prayed before. I will pray for you
...yeah there is a problem and don't forget to tell us what it is so we can help you out the best way we can and leave the rest for God
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
olsrach:

no shakings but enrolment don start,I m in msc agrobiotechnology...i think i remember u,did u miss ur visa interview on 30th of july and got rescheduled? i was the dude wearing blue checkered shirt,i think mr twinkle and lmuhopeful also did interviews that day,i stand to be corrected...

Yes, all correct, I am aware of the enrollment. I have extension letter from the school. Contacted the alien office today, will be getting the visa soon. Let's discuss on pm
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

Bros, no be lie...have u gotten over it yet? I'm hoping to get over it tomorrow oh..

@Dolpaz, thank God.

Lol na small small i dey do my own...your own good just waka at least the number of blacks for road go give you confidence and freedom to mixup but for here you go dey look yourself like odd man out. mr obiwann,i think i remember you...we collected our visa on the same day,remember we exchanged emails with one other guy you came with,as i look your email id,i know say there is only one obi here,no shakings!!
i stand to be corrected though.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
ogagaejay:

Yes, all correct, I am aware of the enrollment. I have extension letter from the school. Contacted the alien office today, will be getting the visa soon. Let's discuss on pm

make sense,time still dey because lectures dont even start till 10th of oct and orientation for masters 8th. sent a msg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
olsrach:

make sense,time still dey because lectures dont even start till 10th of oct and orientation for masters 8th. sent a msg

Yes, na una go com show me road oh. Didn't receive ur pm, I will send u one now
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toroze(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Williamso:
To my ogas, LAN cable. Not WLAN cable...

@Toroze, you can apply to all of them. Would be wonderful to have to choose amongst these prestigious schools with all their acceptance letters on your laps.
Thanks bruv. So how is Germany and i pm u don't know if you u saw it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
olsrach:

Lol na small small i dey do my own...your own good just waka at least the number of blacks for road go give you confidence and freedom to mixup but for here you go dey look yourself like odd man out. mr obiwann,i think i remember you...we collected our visa on the same day,remember we exchanged emails with one other guy you came with,as i look your email id,i know say there is only one obi here,no shakings!!
i stand to be corrected though.
yeah...na me oh...hw far na? u still dey relate with that 3rd guy? him say hustle no dey him side oh...say him gats de enter Berlin. Anyways, I tried contacting u thru ur mail, but it bounced. I am surely going out tomorrow. Meanwhile there were some new arrivals to HH today, and more should also come safely tomorrow IJN. AMEN.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
UgMartins1:
This is not a good sign: 7 days (5 working days) is too short, no request for insurance.
Now is the time to act fast. Think back, how was your interview? Are you going for BSc or MSc? If it's MSc, is the course related to your first degree? Are you using blocked account or sponsor? Did you (or your sponsor if applicable) give them any red flags?
Think about all these now so that when you get to the Consulate General tomorrow (except you're outside Lagos, there's no excuse not to go there tomorrow - No time), you'll know how to tackle the appeal, assuming it will be needed (I pray it's not, but I think it is a rejection)

Toroze:
Thanks bruv. So how is Germany and i pm u don't know if you u saw it
Bro, slow down... I still dey Nigeria naaaa, abi you dey pursue me? shuuuuu?? grin grin grin grin
I replied your PM smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.