Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (993958 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Thatswassup: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hello house, i am already planning to apply for summer semester of 2016 in management, i just got TOEFLE score and it's ready 71/120, pls what are my chances for admission, combined with a CGPA of 3:359/5.00. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 12:19am On Oct 04, 2015
What is wrong with my appointment?
I have booked for student visa appointment but still expecting a rely? What could cause the delay
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:57am On Oct 04, 2015
styles2009:

I.dey here ohh

Really? I just left there...an hour ago...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toroze(m): 2:13am On Oct 04, 2015
Just checking in hope every one had a nice weekend just wanted to ask if there's any one in the house who stays in Abuja and processed his admmission and visa from there, i'd like to ask a few questions. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tmed1(m): 6:07am On Oct 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Oga, please first of all clear your case too before "poknosing" into another man's case. The issue of futurewiser and futurewise11 is still fresh in our memory. Why will you run someone down like this as if you are the VO or you are working in alien's office or you are God. We have heard and read about someone that received the mail without funding on this same platform. As a matter of fact, this guy (Avicola) and I had our interview the same day, only two of us are there for student visa interview that I know of. His debacle started at the gate when he signed at the back of questionnaires instead of the proper application forms.

In any case, he would still have to provide and block 8,000 euros in a German bank account before he can extend his student visa in Germany. Without that, he will not get any document that will enable him work legally as a student.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Thatswassup:

Kindly forward the video to me bruh!

Okay pm me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2015
tmed1:

In any case, he would still have to provide and block 8,000 euros in a German bank account before he can extend his student visa in Germany. Without that, he will not get any document that will enable him work legally as a student.

That is not the bone of contention. He will fund before going to the embassy for the visa collection as advised. But what I am driving at is quite different from this. The question is, is it possible to get a visa mail without funding? my answer is yes; I have seen with my korokoro eyes, read and heard.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dam12: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2015
Which email did u send it to
dcitizen:
I have booked for student visa appointment but still expecting a rely? What could cause the delay
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2015
Bro. I really don’t appreciate when people put comments like this up. Listen, there is nothing wrong with inquiring about the status of your visa application. Afterall, I paid the application fee. We have seen visa gets approved in 2 weeks or less - 9 days in Anvicola’s case. I contacted the embassy 5 weeks after my interview. I waited 5 whole weeks! I contacted them after my resumption date, just to inform them that my school had extended my enrolment. What is wrong with that?

You talk as if these people are super humans. Is it my problem that the Auslanderbehorde is not big or that they have so many applicants? I paid my visa application fee. All the applicants paid - They should employ more hands and deal with it. We paid for it! That’s how it works.

Come to think of it, my admission letter and acceptance letter clearly indicates my resumption date, it is also stated clearly on the visa application form that i filled, and i also mentioned it during my interview. The least they could do was to contact me before my resumption date and ask me to produce evidence of enrolment extension. I paid money for their services - I paid visa application fee - so i deserve the best of services. Emailing me 5 weeks after my interview, after i emailed them to inquire about the status of my application is not the best of services. Let’s call a spade a spade.

These people treat us as if we are secondary humans or inferior humans. And people like you treat them as if they are primary humans or superior humans. And that’s the problem. They don’t respect us. We respect them. I know it’s not just me, but do you realise that we are not even allowed to sit during our interviews? We stand on our feet while the interviewer sits - for 30 plus minutes… C’mon now! Why can’t they provide a chair? It’s their chair and we are not leaving the embassy with it. It’s just for us to sit and be comfortable during interview. Remember, we paid the visa application fee and not matter how small it is, it forms part of their IGR!

Guy…. I don’t care whether I’m rejected or not. I’ll appeal and if its denied, i’ll look elsewhere. I paid 9000Euros for my school fees, funded with another 8000Euros. That’s another IGR for their country!! If this situation presents itself another day, in another way, I will write to whoever concerned to ask about the status of my application. Fight no dey there!
Cindino20:

Hmmmm another reason for people to relax...somethings just take time....the auslanderbehorde re nt that big and and they normally ve alot of applicants this period.

Advise to other applicants....be calm...

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2015
Williamso:

Hmmmmmmm. This one is strong.
Knowing that you did not have time, you should not have contacted the embassy on that issue as it's the only the Auslanderbehoerde of the city that approves your visa, but they and the embassy can deny it. The foreigner's office should have been your port of call. However, my suggestion still stands. Did they give you a specific date to go the embassy? I think not, so send them the mail, call them on monday, then go there on Tuesday.

Viel Glück
Well in this case, if an applicant has no direct contact to the ausländer behorde, he has a right to ask the embassy on the status of his/her visa application. He should have asked for an extention and forward it together with his inquiry..
Even if ur visa was approved by the aliens office, the embassy has the right to deny ur entry visa.
And yes, u can call the embassy to inquire. They are not God. And in my experience, they are sometimes incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2015
Hampy:
Bro. I really don’t appreciate when people put comments like this up. Listen, there is nothing wrong with inquiring about the status of your visa application. Afterall, I paid the application fee. We have seen visa gets approved in 2 weeks or less - 9 days in Anvicola’s case. I contacted the embassy 5 weeks after my interview. I waited 5 whole weeks! I contacted them after my resumption date, just to inform them that my school had extended my enrolment. What is wrong with that?

You talk as if these people are super humans. Is it my problem that the Auslanderbehorde is not big or that they have so many applicants? I paid my visa application fee. All the applicants paid - They should employ more hands and deal with it. We paid for it! That’s how it works.

Come to think of it, my admission letter and acceptance letter clearly indicates my resumption date, it is also stated clearly on the visa application form that i filled, and i also mentioned it during my interview. The least they could do was to contact me before my resumption date and ask me to produce evidence of enrolment extension. I paid money for their services - I paid visa application fee - so i deserve the best of services. Emailing me 5 weeks after my interview, after i emailed them to inquire about the status of my application is not the best of services. Let’s call a spade a spade.

These people treat us as if we are secondary humans or inferior humans. And people like you treat them as if they are primary humans or superior humans. And that’s the problem. They don’t respect us. We respect them. I know it’s not just me, but do you realise that we are not even allowed to sit during our interviews? We stand on our feet while the interviewer sits - for 30 plus minutes… C’mon now! Why can’t they provide a chair? It’s their chair and we are not leaving the embassy with it. It’s just for us to sit and be comfortable during interview. Remember, we paid the visa application fee and not matter how small it is, it forms part of their IGR!

Guy…. I don’t care whether I’m rejected or not. I’ll appeal and if its denied, i’ll look elsewhere. I paid 9000Euros for my school fees, funded with another 8000Euros. That’s another IGR for their country!! If this situation presents itself another day, in another way, I will write to whoever concerned to ask about the status of my application. Fight no dey there!
When I applied for a family reunion visa, the vo said to my face that I was blind.
I have a sight problem. I had surgery in my right eye, I hardly see anything if there too much lighting, or its too far away. She asked me to sign something and I didnt see that it was in two places. She was Nigerian. She said " madam even with ur glasses u cant see".
My answer was " u cant mock people for their deformity. Didnt ur mama teach u that? " i'm skinny and people take me for granted cause of that. She was angry and told me to go away. I didnt. I called Eigeld and told her in German exactly what happened. She apologised to me in the end and I got my visa 3 weeks later. We shouldnt take shit from these guys. That doesnt mean u should be rude to them. Respect is reciprocal.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 8:41am On Oct 04, 2015
This is Epic. cool
Hampy:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olsrach: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=Hampy post=38649043]Bro. I really don’t appreciate when people put comments like this up. Listen, there is nothing wrong with inquiring about the status of your visa application. Afterall, I paid the application fee. We have seen visa gets approved in 2 weeks or less - 9 days in Anvicola’s case. I contacted the embassy 5 weeks after my interview. I waited 5 whole weeks! I contacted them after my resumption date, just to inform them that my school had extended my enrolment. What is wrong with that?

Guy na truth you talk. I dey feel u, since u paid for it you should get your money's worth. is that too much to ask?

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pascalbaba(m): 11:01am On Oct 04, 2015
I commend all the Ogas that have been immensely helpful on this insightful thread, may you all be rewarded greatly.

I however have a question for you all to help me with; I'm planning towards this summer term(2016), getting my documents ready but my international passport is getting me worried as it will expire by January 2017.

Going by what I saw on daad.de that one's passport must be valid for one's period of stay, is it wise enough to go ahead with my application with this said passport or I should get a new one to begin my application with?

Thank you all for your detailed response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2015
Pascalbaba:
I commend all the Ogas that have been immensely helpful on this insightful thread, may you all be rewarded greatly.

I however have a question for you all to help me with; I'm planning towards this summer term(2016), getting my documents ready but my international passport is getting me worried as it will expire by January 2017.

Going by what I saw on daad.de that one's passport must be valid for one's period of stay, is it wise enough to go ahead with my application with this said passport or I should get a new one to begin my application with?

Thank you all for your detailed response.

Go ahead with it

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Hampy:

Listen?? grin cheesy

Bros relax and take some chill pill..its barely 24 hrs away from Monday then you can go to the German Consulate and explain all these to them...also do not forget to go with your consitution statin your rights as Germans love to see proof .

In ur first post you stated that you contacted them telling them you enrollment has passed without attachin proof of enrollment extension.I suppose you know what that means..also tuition is free here, if for some reason best known to you, you decide to part with 9000 quids for any course in Germany ...thats your decision and yOu wont be treated prefentially.

Do not use the word "us" pls..if u feel treated less there is nothin anyone can do abt it my broda..durin my interview I was offered a seat...well that was 2014..

Also remember to tell them how you respect them and how you feel treated less..if possible put it in writting.also inform them about how your 9000 euros tuition fee and 8000 blocked account will contribute to their ecomony too.

The processing time for student visa is 6-8weeks depending on individual case ..maybe you skipped that part.wheb next you decide to apply for a visa read the processin time..some embassy (UK consulate here) stipulates that you apply 2mths to 3mths before travel date to allow for processing even if most times the processing time is less.

My advise to applicants still stand.. if its within this period(max. 8weeks)..do not disturb the embassy with mail or calls.. allow them do their job and do not come across as a desperate chap.

Peace pple

Goodluck with your explanation tomorrow...I'd advise you put all those points in writing and submit to them.if you dont care abt it...dont appeal....simples
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pascalbaba(m): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Go ahead with it

I respect your input sir, but what happens when I finally get to Germany and the validity of my passport expires? Will I have to come back to Nigeria and renew it bearing in mind that I wouldn't have concluded my study by January 2017. Even if I proceed to get a new passport(5year validity) now, a time will come when it will expire too and I will be required to renew it. Bearing cost in mind, should I get a new passport now or proceed with the one whose validity expires by January 2017?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pascalbaba:

I respect your input sir, but what happens when I finally get to Germany and the validity of my passport expires? Will I have to come back to Nigeria and renew it bearing in mind that I wouldn't have concluded my study by January 2017. Even if I proceed to get a new passport(5year validity) now, a time will come when it will expire too and I will be required to renew it. Bearing cost in mind, should I get a new passport now or proceed with the one whose validity expires by January 2015?

you can renew it in Germany,no need going to naija for that even if your course of study hasn't finished yet.
when you apply for the visa just make sure your passport is at least 6-8 month valid.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
Which email did you send your application to? It may not be the right one.
dcitizen:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pascalbaba(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
styles2009:

you can renew it in Germany,no need going to naija for that even if your course of study hasn't finished yet.
when you apply for the visa just make sure your passport is at least 6-8 month valid.

Chaii! Oga Styles, I really can't thank you enough. May you know no sorrow for the rest of your life. Thanks a bunch.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hello guys. Been a long while I since I last dropped a message. I arrived in Munich two days ago and visited the Oktoberfest! It is simply a gathering of many drunk people dancing, vomiting, sometimes giving head grin .

However I am back fully on this thread and can respond to any inquiries just like the other Ogas here.

Have a nice Sunday!

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
lmuhopeful:
Hello guys. Been a long while I since I last dropped a message. I arrived in Munich two days ago and visited the Oktoberfest! It is simply a gathering of many drunk people dancing, vomiting, sometimes giving head grin .

However I am back fully on this thread and can respond to any inquiries just like the other Ogas here.

Have a nice Sunday!

my geophysics boss.... Thank God for safe trip
Oya yan us how ur journey went and tips also

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
Neyoalao:

my geophysics boss.... Thank God for safe trip
Oya yan us how ur journey went and tips also

Nothing special about the journey. It was very stressful tho. Lagos-Frankfurt-Munich on Lufthansa.

One important point tho for prospective travelers: put your perfunes, lotions, etc in your main luggage. Do not put them in your hand luggage(i.e. the one you take with you into the plane). This is because immigration both in Naija and Germany will check your hand luggage and will definitely confiscate these items if they are more than 100ml. So just keep them in your main luggage. I lost all my lotions and sprays in this way.

Tip2: You don't even have to buy the lotions and all in Naija. They are extremely cheap here. I bought a nice shower gel, adidas body spray, hand lotion, nivea body lotion all for only 6€.

Yeah come with Garri surely.

That's all I remember now. I can answer specific inquiries as far as my knowledge goes

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
Any Nigerian in Tubingen please let me know. There are too many whites and few Asians at the University of Tubingen. Tomorrow will make it a week since i arrived in this city I've not seen any Nigerian. Futurewise11 has been such a wonderful person. He is the only one i have here, but the city where he lives and school is far from here. Am sorry for not updating the house since i arrived in Germany. It's not been easy at all. Those that have families in Germany may not really understand what am going through here. No one to talk to, language barer amongst others. The phone i bought in a shop near Reutligen for 88Euros has refused to connect to the internet. Infact, am typing from my laptop with a borrowed charger from a Polish neighbour who will be collecting back her connecting cables in few minutes time. Please, anyone coming here should remember to buy things like Android phone, European socket and plug. Change the three pin plugs for your electronic devise to two pin (European type) Buy your shoes, Jeans, snickers, winter wears in Nigeria before coming it's cheaper in Nigeria the only cheap thing in this country is chicken and chips. Do not forget to put into consideration that the money you will be spending during your few weeks of arrival is Naira equivalent of the Euro you converted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
victz:
Any Nigerian in Tubingen please let me know. There are too many whites and few Asians at the University of Tubingen. Tomorrow will make it a week since i arrived in this city I've not seen any Nigerian. Futurewise11 has been such a wonderful person. He is the only one i have here, but the city where he lives and school is far from here. Am sorry for not updating the house since i arrived in Germany. It's not been easy at all. Those that have families in Germany may not really understand what am going through here. No one to talk to, language barer amongst others. The phone i bought in a shop near Reutligen for 88Euros has refused to connect to the internet. Infact, am typing from my laptop with a borrowed charger from a Polish neighbour who will be collecting back her connecting cables in few minutes time. Please, anyone coming here should remember to buy things like Android phone, European socket and plug. Change the three pin plugs for your electronic devise to two pin (European type) Buy your shoes, Jeans, snickers, winter wears in Nigeria before coming it's cheaper in Nigeria the only cheap thing in this country is chicken and chips. Do not forget to put into consideration that the money you will be spending during your few weeks of arrival is Naira equivalent of the Euro you converted.
With time you will settle down, is always like this when someone enter a new environment, language and cultural barrier shock, all you have to do is to absorb the shock and be social.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fm007: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
hello nairalander pls i need help an response asap. i applied for a conference visa in germany an the interview was superb bt all i could get is visa denial. with a statement that they are nt sure if i will come back to nigeria. right nw my aim is to appeal the visa denial. pls anyone who has done dis b4 should help tanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Fm007:
hello nairalander pls i need help an response asap. i applied for a conference visa in germany an the interview was superb bt all i could get is visa denial. with a statement that they are nt sure if i will come back to nigeria. right nw my aim is to appeal the visa denial. pls anyone who has done dis b4 should help tanks
Have you travelled to USA, UK, Canada or Australia before or are you working with a reputable organization with evidence and of what benefit will the conference be to your organization, if not your appeal may not hold water. Appealing the decision is just for you to try to convince the embassy on the benefit of the conference to your career and your organization or society. After writing, convert it to PDF and send it to the embassy via mail.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
@ hampy, dam12, honourableseyi. This is the email that i use to make the student visa appointment: rk-visa105@lago.diplo.de
is the email for the student visa appointment right?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Angelehi2015: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
I need the video also
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Nothing special about the journey. It was very stressful tho. Lagos-Frankfurt-Munich on Lufthansa.

One important point tho for prospective travelers: put your perfunes, lotions, etc in your main luggage. Do not put them in your hand luggage(i.e. the one you take with you into the plane). This is because immigration both in Naija and Germany will check your hand luggage and will definitely confiscate these items if they are more than 100ml. So just keep them in your main luggage. I lost all my lotions and sprays in this way.

Tip2: You don't even have to buy the lotions and all in Naija. They are extremely cheap here. I bought a nice shower gel, adidas body spray, hand lotion, nivea body lotion all for only 6€.

Yeah come with Garri surely.

That's all I remember now. I can answer specific inquiries as far as my knowledge goes
Thank God for journey mercies... Did u carry a laptop bag with ur carry on luggage...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obinon(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
Rayhut:

Have you travelled to USA, UK, Canada or Australia before or are you working with a reputable organization with evidence and of what benefit will the conference be to your organization, if not your appeal may not hold water. Appealing the decision is just for you to try to convince the embassy on the benefit of the conference to your career and your organization or society. After writing, convert it to PDF and send it to the embassy via mail.
you don't have to send the appeal via mail,it must be signed by you. Print it out, sign it and attach your evidence and proofs and take it to the embassy. You will drop it with the fair man at the gate. Remember to write your home address, email, state the reference on the rejection mail and date of interview. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.