Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (993016 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
For those that are in Nigeria hoping to come to Germany and make money while going to school,it is very difficult, just stay back in Nigeria because if you come here, you will drop out of school and at the end of it you may not get the money because those that are working full time pay upto 35% tax and by the time you pay house rent and feeding the money will remain small.We don enter am be say we don enter am no come join us unless if your condition is so bad in Nigeria, if not you will join us to wail. By the time you pay working tax from 19% to 35%,television and radio tax, insurance,house rent, feeding, all the money don kaput

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ishokunleyahoo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good day guys, am new here and I seriously need you guys ideas and direction, av applied to some schools through uni-assist and I need to certify my documents before I can post to germany, and am currently doing my youth service in kano, so I can go to lagos for the certification of my documents so I would love to know if any one of you have an idea if the German embassy in abuja do certify and what's their charges.... Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
ishokunleyahoo:
Good day guys, am new here and I seriously need you guys ideas and direction, av applied to some schools through uni-assist and I need to certify my documents before I can post to germany, and am currently doing my youth service in kano, so I can go to lagos for the certification of my documents so I would love to know if any one of you have an idea if the German embassy in abuja do certify and what's their charges.... Thanks
Yes.. You can certify @ the consulate in Lagos and it's free. Make sure you have enough photocopies of your original credentials plus your intl passport.. Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ishokunleyahoo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
stevemims:
Yes.. You can certify @ the consulate in Lagos and it's free. Make sure you have enough photocopies of your original credentials plus your intl passport.. Cheers
I mean I can't make it to lagos, can I certify my documents in ABUJA AND do they charge for certifying?... Thanks @stevemims
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
ishokunleyahoo:
I mean I can't make it to lagos, can I certify my documents in ABUJA AND do they charge for certifying?... Thanks @stevemims
Of course,you can certify @ the abuja embassy.. It's free too... You sure you've read through the thread? Please read through and thank me later.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dear nairalanders

Aced the test and interview today thanks to u all.
1. Square root of 196, 144 and 49
2. 5x8+6/3
3 what is ohms?, what is the sign?
4.what is volt?, what is the sign? What is centrifugal force?

5 mention three fundamental courses in mechanical engineering?

Same interview questions
The end

Now back to the blocked account wahala

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ishokunleyahoo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
stevemims:
Of course,you can certify @ the abuja embassy.. It's free too... You sure you've read through the thread? Please read through and thank me later.
bros, I appreciate oo, and I'll b leaving for abuja dis weeknd buh my mind skipped as u said I shud thank you later, and asked if I have read through the thread? Am just new here, pls I really appreciate if u can orientate me and give some vital information that will guide me.....thanks once again
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tiofat: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello fellow nairalander.good work u av done here. pls i need ur advice asap. i got admission late last year n i av applied for the block account on the 16th of december but up til now i av not gotten any confirmation or notice about the account from the bank. i summited to the consulate office in lagos. your rely ll be highly appreciated. thanks in anticipation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
Tiofat:
Hello fellow nairalander.good work u av done here. pls i need ur advice asap. i got admission late last year n i av applied for the block account on the 16th of december but up til now i av not gotten any confirmation or notice about the account from the bank. i summited to the consulate office in lagos. your rely ll be highly appreciated. thanks in anticipation.

Use the non- customer contact form on the website of the bank. Remember to fill ur date of birth and date u sent the documents in this format 11.04.1940.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
ishokunleyahoo:
bros, I appreciate oo, and I'll b leaving for abuja dis weeknd buh my mind skipped as u said I shud thank you later, and asked if I have read through the thread? Am just new here, pls I really appreciate if u can orientate me and give some vital information that will guide me.....thanks once again

Hello oooo,
You are in Kano now! Just look for the nearest high court there, find one of the notaries there and certify your document. Ensure it is stamped and sealed of course.

@ Obiwann: I know say we get talk.... I go holla you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by royaldok: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rayhut:
For those that are in Nigeria hoping to come to Germany and make money while going to school,it is very difficult, just stay back in Nigeria because if you come here, you will drop out of school and at the end of it you may not get the money because those that are working full time pay upto 35% tax and by the time you pay house rent and feeding the money will remain small.We don enter am be say we don enter am no come join us unless if your condition is so bad in Nigeria, if not you will join us to wail. By the time you pay working tax from 19% to 35%,television and radio tax, insurance,house rent, feeding, all the money don kaput

Hmmmmm........ I appreciate that you painted the real picture of what's going on over there. But then, the question I ask myself is, is it as bad? To some of us, the job, although important, is not as important as the certificate. The certificate comes first in hierarchy of importance, but one should at least be comfortable and this can only be achieved with a source of income.

Personally, I am a graduate with a fairly-paying job, and I have been saving funds for my blocked account because I have the intention of pursuing a masters degree in Germany. Recently, several posts from big brothers in Germany cautioning prospective students about having too high an expectation have one way or the other discouraged some of us, not that we are lily-livered, but we are only apprehensive of the unknown, hence, trying to play safe. Truly, it would help caution those suffering from overnight riches syndrome. Now my fear, does it mean one would not be able to work all through the study years? What happens when one exhausts the blocked account because by my calculation can only sustain one for about a year? What happens the following year?

I would appreciate blueprints and survival tips from veterans in the house. This would go a long way to take a decision, as any impending danger would be nipped from the bud.

Thanks all.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmill(m): 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
lobito007:

I made a post there this month. Dropped it at their office on the 11th, and I got a mail from the school on the 21st that they had received it. N680 only!
where is there office located
mean nipost
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
royaldok:

Hmmmmm........ I appreciate that you painted the real picture of what's going on over there. But then, the question I ask myself is, is it as bad? To some of us, the job, although important, is not as important as the certificate. The certificate comes first in hierarchy of importance, but one should at least be comfortable and this can only be achieved with a source of income.

Personally, I am a graduate with a fairly-paying job, and I have been saving funds for my blocked account because I have the intention of pursuing a masters degree in Germany. Recently, several posts from big brothers in Germany cautioning prospective students about having too high an expectation have one way or the other discouraged some of us, not that we are lily-livered, but we are only apprehensive of the unknown, hence, trying to play safe. Truly, it would help caution those suffering from overnight riches syndrome. Now my fear, does it mean one would not be able to work all through the study years? What happens when one exhausts the blocked account because by my calculation can only sustain one for about a year? What happens the following year?

I would appreciate blueprints and survival tips from veterans in the house. This would go a long way to take a decision, as any impending danger would be nipped from the bud.

Thanks all.
If you know that you dont have anybody to send money to you when your 8000€ finishes try all your best to secure admission in a city where you can get job, e.g Berlin,Munich, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Bremen,Frankfurt,Bonn,etc, infact dont go to a school that is located in a village like europa university frankfurt(order) in eastern germany, Freiburg,erfurt,postdam etc. You can work here, like myself i started working after 1month with mercedes, be ready to do hard job, cleaning job, if you know how to speak German then everything will be easy for you, you will be the one to select job but mostly manual jobs. If you cannot speak German, you can also get a job, in average big cities, it not difficult to get a student job of 450€ per month. Try to get student accommodation in your school because it goes for 200 to 250€ in most unis, outside rent a shared appartment outside the student accomodation ranges from 270 to 450€ depending on the city you living e.g Hamburg and munich may not have room that less than 300€ per month but smaller city like Bremen will have from 270€. You can after paying house rent and insurance your student working of 450€ is finished then you use your block account maybe 100€ from it to feed for a month. This is reason why somebody that is having it in mind to become overnight rich when he comes to Germany while studying have to have a rethink because definitely it is not going to be easy hustling through out and going to school with German system of education where the work load of exercises every week is as big as mountain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dprinz99(m): 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
babanila:

I like your confidence, are you going for Bsc or Msc ?.
Don't forget that some English textbooks are not easy to read let alone a german language that is not your mother tongue, so relax and save your ENERGY for your course in Germany.
Alles Gutes.

why shouldn't I be confident wen I hv already seen a lot of sucess story?
my cousin graduated from TU Munich with 3.7 in international relationship n pol science,a German medium course and his friend from Auto system engr,yet they didn't tell me that they r dying.i dnt suscribe to imposibilities.
zu Mir sind alles sehr einfach und möglich,besonders,wenn Gott bei Mir IST.
alles gutes auch

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dprinz99(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
lobito007:

Bros, abeg mention this school.
Hamburg uni of applied science.
was recommended to me by my cousin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
dprinz99:

yea,data the fact,they even have emergency fund for international students in need.
scholarship if u finish every semester with 2.9 for engr and 2.5 for other departments.
300 euro monthly stipen for all final year students
their packages r just too fantastic

good man, but how do one go about it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gcapable(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rayhut:

If you know that you dont have anybody to send money to you when your 8000€ finishes try all your best to secure admission in a city where you can get job, e.g Berlin,Munich, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Bremen,Frankfurt,Bonn,etc, infact dont go to a school that is located in a village like europa university frankfurt(order) in eastern germany, Freiburg,erfurt,postdam etc. You can work here, like myself i started working after 1month with mercedes, be ready to do hard job, cleaning job, if you know how to speak German then everything will be easy for you, you will be the one to select job but mostly manual jobs. If you cannot speak German, you can also get a job, in average big cities, it not difficult to get a student job of 450€ per month. Try to get student accommodation in your school because it goes for 200 to 250€ in most unis, outside rent a shared appartment outside the student accomodation ranges from 270 to 450€ depending on the city you living e.g Hamburg and munich may not have room that less than 300€ per month but smaller city like Bremen will have from 270€. You can after paying house rent and insurance your student working of 450€ is finished then you use your block account maybe 100€ from it to feed for a month. This is reason why somebody that is having it in mind to become overnight rich when he comes to Germany while studying have to have a rethink because definitely it is not going to be easy hustling through out and going to school with German system of education where the work load of exercises every week is as big as mountain.

At the bolded, don't go to a village in any part of Germany. Kleve is a village in the North, but people there can tell you how it is.... you have to travel to köln or dusseldorf to get work. People in postdam, frankfurter oder and Cottbus get job in berlin but the travel time is killing.
It's not about East, South, West or North. If your sending your blocked account money back home or you are using sponsorship, let the big or relatively big cities be your target. Please and please don't go to a place with 50k population because it's in the west or south.... you go cry eeeewwweeee. No matter how bad it is in a big city, you will always find something to do to sustain you.
For example in Berlin, 1. you get 2 years straight residency no need to get another 8k for the 2nd year, 2. relative to other big cities in Germany, accomodation/social life is cheap here, which means you can save more than someone in Munich for example 3. You can earn up to 950/month b4 u start paying tax. These and many more are advantages of been in a big city.
He who has ear let him hear, do not fall for the north, West, south or east theory.

Peace

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gcapable(m): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
dprinz99:

my cousin graduated from TU Munich with 3.7 in international relationship n pol science,a German medium course and his friend from Auto system engr,yet they didn't tell me that they r dying.i dnt suscribe to imposibilities.
alles gutes auch
Bros your cousin's grade was below average. The lower the point here, the better your result is. E.g 2.0 is phd grade
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
dprinz99:

alles gutes auch

Hmmm, Du sprichst schon sehr gut deutsch.

welchem stufe bist du?

Ich glaube du bist ein B1 studentin oder..

Wir konnen lernen deutsch sprache zusammen..

Was denkst du?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tiofat: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
speedygeek:

Use the non- customer contact form on the website of the bank. Remember to fill ur date of birth and date u sent the documents in this format 11.04.1940.

Regards
I av done that but av not got any reply from them
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tiofat: 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
speedygeek:

Regards
I av done that, pls ll dey reply me on time, cos that is what am waiting for. I shd resume March 20

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tiofat: 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
speedygeek:

Regards
I av filled d form today, pls ll dey reply me on time, cos that is what am waiting for. I shd resume March 20
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Gcapable:

At the bolded, don't go to a village in any part of Germany. Kleve is a village in the North, but people there can tell you how it is.... you have to travel to köln or dusseldorf to get work. People in postdam, frankfurter oder and Cottbus get job in berlin but the travel time is killing.
It's not about East, South, West or North. If your sending your blocked account money back home or you are using sponsorship, let the big or relatively big cities be your target. Please and please don't go to a place with 50k population because it's in the west or south.... you go cry eeeewwweeee. No matter how bad it is in a big city, you will always find something to do to sustain you.
For example in Berlin, 1. you get 2 years straight residency no need to get another 8k for the 2nd year, 2. relative to other big cities in Germany, accomodation/social life is cheap here, which means you can save more than someone in Munich for example 3. You can earn up to 950/month b4 u start paying tax. These and many more are advantages of been in a big city.
He who has ear let him hear, do not fall for the north, West, south or east theory.

Peace
apart from berlin n dis very few cities u mentioned, please tell us more cities. Most of us our courses might not be done in those cities. Tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Gcapable:

Peace
I think I would agree with you that Berlin is the best city to study in Germany. Very fantastic schools at the very top, multicultural city, good job opportunities and comparably affordable when compared to Munich and a far better semester ticket than the one in Munich. Although things are changing in terms of rent these past few years as rent is going up fast in Berlin.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 12:17am On Feb 05, 2016
@Gcapable

lol bro i sight u daku, berlin is 4 m v v ok 4 students....jobs dey n u no nid 2 stress ursef...dis has also bin ma advice to alot here............pls go 2 better cities ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! make u no later dey complain no b only berlin de germany bt if u could b in berlin u r 97% safe from hustling....as for rent i don see rent of 180 here in berlin doe na shared hostel u have ur private rum but lik u share kitchen nd toilet with anoda person not 2 jst single person...lolz i jst love My BERLINNNNNN!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Toroze(m): 3:00am On Feb 05, 2016
Been long since I posted on this thread....Good Morning my people been reading through the thread trying to catch up on the latest here....anyways I need some information on Technishe Universitat Kaiserslautern and Kaiserslautern itself..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 4:43am On Feb 05, 2016
Tiofat:

I av filled d form today, pls ll dey reply me on time, cos that is what am waiting for. I shd resume March 20

They should today, at least that was the case when i did the same.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 7:03am On Feb 05, 2016
Tiofat:

My advice is either you contact the embassy regarding it or resend the new db account form through the embassy again.
Note:- the bank only accept new form from 01.01.2016 where you will fill your tax country & taxID/PIN.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2016
fapper:
@Gcapable

lol bro i sight u daku, berlin is 4 m v v ok 4 students....jobs dey n u no nid 2 stress ursef...dis has also bin ma advice to alot here............pls go 2 better cities ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! make u no later dey complain no b only berlin de germany bt if u could b in berlin u r 97% safe from hustling....as for rent i don see rent of 180 here in berlin doe na shared hostel u have ur private rum but lik u share kitchen nd toilet with anoda person not 2 jst single person...lolz i jst love My BERLINNNNNN!!!!!
Mention all the better cities for us na. Na only berlin n few orders I hear u guys tlk abt
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2016
Na to enter the Berlin be the problem.
fapper:
@Gcapable

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sammiy: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2016
stoicism:

I find it confusing why the title of some degree is Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Electrical, Mechanical etc Engineering, I am just trying to figure out if this doesn't diminish the value of the Diploma ? Cuz I have always been used to BEng and MEng..... What's your take on this bro?
honestly dat use to confuse me too bt I realised some institution tag it MSc while some oda tag it MEng but they all masters prog. However hv seen some pipo claim MSc is higher but no clear defination. As for the Bachelor of science in Engineering.....even some uni in nigeria offer B.Sc mechanical engineering.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ishokunleyahoo(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Is that possible ? If yes, I'm sorry but I've already sent mine.
I read your comment about using NIPOST, AM PLANNING to use NIPOST in Kano after certifying my documents in abuja, pls how reliable is it?... Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.