Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (993942 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2015
kaypopps:
congrats, which course did u apply for?
Power Eng.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 01, 2015
victz:
I also applied to Tubingen and Gottingen. I've not received any acknowledgement yet.
Do you mean the acknowledgement for the receipts of your posted documents, if it is that, there is probability that your documents did not reach them before the deadline, their admission decision is not out yet. I also applied.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 8:55pm On May 01, 2015
You guys are really doing a great job here
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by PraiseHim15: 9:18pm On May 01, 2015
Hi everyone...please tell me if am wrong about this: I think the student blocked fund will be released bit by bit on monthly basis as a sort of monthly allocation to its due owner...if yes, please like how much they released from the blocked fund monthly?
Thank you and God bless
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 9:56pm On May 01, 2015
@ lobito007, il love u to pm u cos i av my eyes set on dt power engineering come winter 2016 by God's Grace, i have b.tech in industrial physics (electronics option).....i wanna gt more info frm u.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 10:16pm On May 01, 2015
Yes it's acknowledgement of receipt of posted documents via regular mail. Tubingen deadline is 15th May while Gottingen deadline is 30th May.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 10:22pm On May 01, 2015
lobito007:
Got my TUM interview invite yesterday. Also learnt som have had theirs earlier and have already been offered admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 01, 2015
victz:
Yes it's acknowledgement of receipt of posted documents via regular mail. Tubingen deadline is 15th May while Gottingen deadline is 30th May.
It depend on the department you applied, some don't notify or send acknowledgement of the receipt of document, you can only know your application status via their online portal and some don't reply messages during the review and processing of applications

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 1:07am On May 02, 2015
PraiseHim15:
Hi everyone...please tell me if am wrong about this: I think the student blocked fund will be released bit by bit on monthly basis as a sort of monthly allocation to its due owner...if yes, please like how much they released from the blocked fund monthly?
Thank you and God bless

You're correct .
You will be able to withdraw a maximum of €670 monthly.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2015
Rayhut:

It depend on the department you applied, some don't notify or send acknowledgement of the receipt of document, you can only know your application status via their online portal and some don't reply messages during the review and processing of applications
Please Bro, could u share d link for the online portal so I can check for my own status because I've gotten the acknowledgement mail from other schools I sent their applications together. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GoldHorse(m): 9:32am On May 02, 2015
Oye50:

I have admission in the school as well as in Hohenheim but I'm still contemplating on which to choose. I've contacted Nigerian students in Hohenheim to get a feel of the place but I'm yet to see any from Goettingen, maybe I'll hear more from you. I'll also send you a pm to talk to you regularly. All the best bro

I am in the same situation with you but I am leaning toward Hohenhiem unless sth changes. Though Goettingen is said to be a better school (something like Unilag and Lasu when compared to Hohenhiem) but 1. Hohenhiem guaranty international students accommodation in their first year; 2. hohenhiem is in Stuttgart and Stuttgart is more metropolitan than Goettingen; like Benin and Ekpoma. Prospect of job and integration will be much easier especially for students that might find extra cash necessary.

Apart from that University of Hohenhiem started majorly as an Agricultural school and I am going for an Agricultural course. So you have to decide based on several factors according to your "condition". Moreover, I am sure most German school, if not all, are of very good standard.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 02, 2015
ogompaul:
Please Bro, could u share d link for the online portal so I can check for my own status because I've gotten the acknowledgement mail from other schools I sent their applications together. Thanks.
The department I applied to in both schools, Uni tubigen and Göttingen sent acknowledgement to me, it was TUM that I use their online portal to check my status, they don't send notifications
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:23pm On May 02, 2015
lobito007:

Power Eng.

pls il like u to pm me, cos i wanna knw hw u went abt d m.sc in power engr program application @ Tum.......... tnx.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2015
GoldHorse:

I am in the same situation with you but I am leaning toward Hohenhiem unless sth changes. Though Goettingen is said to be a better school (something like Unilag and Lasu when compared to Hohenhiem) but 1. Hohenhiem guaranty international students accommodation in their first year; 2. hohenhiem is in Stuttgart and Stuttgart is more metropolitan than Goettingen; like Benin and Ekpoma. Prospect of job and integration will be much easier especially for students that might find extra cash necessary.

Apart from that University of Hohenhiem started majorly as an Agricultural school and I am going for an Agricultural course. So you have to decide based on several factors according to your "condition". Moreover, I am sure most German school, if not all, are of very good standard.
Thanks man. Suggestions are helpful
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by osane09(m): 6:26pm On May 02, 2015
Guy please can I notarize my Documents at German embassy Abuja?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 10:16pm On May 02, 2015
Hi everyone, pls I have applications to post for ulm university, Mannheim, TUM and Frankfurt. They all have deadlie this may 15th. Its quite expensive sending separately. Pls I need a nice suggestion to cut cost on these asap, and to beat the deadline. Thanks. Am expectant smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:50pm On May 02, 2015
osane09:
Guy please can I notarize my Documents at German embassy Abuja?

I think ladylaura93 should come and answer this.
She was saying something earlier to me about going to the embassy in abj for certifications..
oya Madame, over to u.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2015
amahtrendy:
Hi everyone, pls I have applications to post for ulm university, Mannheim, TUM and Frankfurt. They all have deadlie this may 15th. Its quite expensive sending separately. Pls I need a nice suggestion to cut cost on these asap, and to beat the deadline. Thanks. Am expectant smiley
Endeavour to read previous posts, at least a few pages. It would go a long way in eliminating this kind of questions.

https://www.nairaland.com/2098236/general-german-visa-enquiries-part/48#33031347
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 11:22pm On May 02, 2015
@amahtrendy. You have to prioritize your application docs. Use Nipost EMS for your 1st choice university; it cost about N8600 to germany and use ordinary post for the other documents. It takes EMS 5 worrking days, normal post 14 working days. The normal post won't cost u more than N300 perr application doc. For 15th may deadline I can gaurantee u post will get there but for 30th May, it would surrely get there. You will need to act fast brro.I hope trrhis answers ur question. grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:12am On May 03, 2015
@amahtrendy, don't risk it pls. Don't try EMS o, I used them to send mail to Germany it got there in 3weeks; they are not so reliable. Your best bet is to use DHL. It will get there in 3-4 days. Go to DHL office tell them you are a student posting application to a school. insist on it cos some of their staff may try to talk you out of it. Don't agree. The fee I paid is 8,400 only-student rate and it got to the school on the 4th day. Then if you are sending to 3 schools its 3 * 8400. I know its expensive but some of us had to pay processing fee by bank transfer in euros o in addition to other numerous expenses. Just take it as a sacrifice.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:50am On May 03, 2015
amahtrendy:

Hello
I hope you read this today or before DHL closes tomorrow, I would like to suggest to you,how to get the applications to the schools before 12th or 13th latest.
I sent you a pm and please reply me and send me your whatsapp number.
cheers
styles
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 1:27pm On May 03, 2015
styles2009:

Hello
I hope you read this today or before DHL closes tomorrow, I would like to suggest to you,how to get the applications to the schools before 12th or 13th latest.
cheers
styles
@ oga styles2009 u shd av said it here naa so dt pple like me dat has 6 schs in mind can learn inorder to be of help to me in d nearest future. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:07pm On May 03, 2015
amahtrendy:

My own suggestion will have to do with if you have trusted person in Germany that can help you complete the last step of it. Package the documents inside envelope according to each school, pack the envelopes inside one big envelope and send it to someone in Germany through DHL; that person will now send it to the schools on your behalf at very low cost since it is within Germany. My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 2:56pm On May 03, 2015
@kaypopps: thanks, maybe I'll do the Nipost thingy for next application which goes to Gottingen, deadline is 30th. @Crowns: I don't undstand what u mean by the processing fee. @Styles: I have done that , check again. And how do u mean they will close 2moro? Y? @Honourableseyi: I wish I can do that. Thanks. I"ll ask someone first. I appreciate u guys.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 03, 2015
amahtrendy:
@kaypopps: thanks, maybe I'll do the Nipost thingy for next application which goes to Gottingen, deadline is 30th. @Crowns: I don't undstand what u mean by the processing fee. @Styles: I have done that , check again. And how do u mean they will close 2moro? Y? @Honourableseyi: I wish I can do that. Thanks. I"ll ask someone first. I appreciate u guys.
Well some schools charge to process your application and Uni assist does too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 6:09pm On May 03, 2015
crowns2:

Well some schools charge to process your
application and Uni assist does too.

Ok. Am not applying tru uni-assist and thes schs I mentioned didn't say any of such. Especially MSc programs
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 7:21pm On May 03, 2015
hadassaheke:

@ oga styles2009 u shd av said it here naa so dt pple like me dat has 6 schs in mind can learn inorder to be of help to me in d nearest future. Thanks.

Babe don't worry, he hasn't replied yet. U'll be informed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
styles2009:

Hello
cheers
styles

Ok I understand u now. So am waiting the suggestion b4 DHL closes 2moro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 7:45pm On May 03, 2015
Pls is there any place to learn german here in PH?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 9:01pm On May 03, 2015
Hello All.

Please if you apply for student visa for school A. can you decide to change to school B when u get to germany ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 03, 2015
I asked someone in germany dis same question last week. From what he told me it is possible. What matters is where u pay ur student dues and the foreigners office u register.
kuthvic:
Hello All.

Please if you apply for student visa for school A. can you decide to change to school B when u get to germany ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.