Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (993688 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 3:51am On Feb 04, 2015
europe4sure:
is noun open university degree acceptable for masters in germany

Lol.. your funny question just like, since Lagos is no more capital of Nigeria, is it still a state in Nigeria??

Oga, BSc na BSc ok? So long your GP make sense and your transcript is available..

hope this helps?
Subject to correction tho..

meine zwei loffel!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 10:55am On Feb 04, 2015
Ugochux:

Thanks a lot bro... Most schools fixd their deadline on March 18 for those applyn for Msc... , for bsc, won't d language be a barrier to makn a good cgpa in first semester? Thanks for d ielts info, imma book smtym dx week.. I studied medical physiology here in nigeria and I hv bn tryn to find a course over there in germany that is smhw reltd to my bsc course..d only one I hv found so far is 'Msc Neuroscience'- which is more of abstract research.. One has to prep his/her mind for anythn and getn work wit such msc dgree here in nigeria is limited to lecturin alone..that's just d prblm I hv nw, findn a course that wd favour me over dia incase I'm opportuned to stay bck or here in nigeria incase stayn bck in germany doesn't work out..

If neurosciences is not your thing, you can check out regenerative medicine @ tu Dresden, or molecular stem cell biology @ RUB .... All the best

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fatalveli(m): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2015
DANNIEmore:

Lol.. your funny question just like, since Lagos is no more capital of Nigeria, is it still a state in Nigeria??

Oga, BSc na BSc ok? So long your GP make sense and your transcript is available..

hope this helps?
Subject to correction tho..

meine zwei loffel!
Was studierst du?

Wo wohnst du? Is Germany Spaß
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 11:50am On Feb 04, 2015
adenjnr:

So long you have at least 3.0 g.p which is 2.5 German Scale you are good for Msc
Thanks boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
Those who want to register for IELTS should note that there is no more space for February and early March. The current available spaces are for 21st and 28th March. 14th of March is already filled up. A CGPA of 2.9 on 5.0 scare is 2.5 in German scale. And that is the minimum requirement for Universities in Germany. So, if you have a CGPA of 2.9 on Nigerian scale you can get an admission for MBA, MSc/MA in German Universities.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

The major factor that should determine which choice to make is your final CGPA. So, if your GP is below 3.00/5.00, which translates to 2.5. the odds of getting a masters programme becomes rather low or even impossible except you know certain tips. Even as that, you would stand a better chance getting a Bsc. Note that Bsc itself in English are not as available as Msc.
The IELTS should not hold you down as most schools deadlines are in May/June.
My 2 cowries!

Visa collected a few hours ago. Thanks be to God and every contributor to this thread. God bless us all with the fulfillment of our various expectations. Amen. Abeg, is ther anyone of us in Cologne or a person who knows someone in Cologne. Any referennce will be greatly appreciated.
Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
Clandestine60:

Visa collected a few hours ago. Thanks be to God and every contributor to this thread. God bless us all with the fulfillment of our various expectations. Amen. Abeg, is ther anyone of us in Cologne or a person who knows someone in Cologne. Any referennce will be greatly appreciated.
Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.
Congrats
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Clandestine60:

Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.

Congrats!!!
I have a good friend in Köln. Unfortunately, he is not on NL or at least this thread. Send me a PM let's see how it goes.

Congrats once again!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
victz:
Those who want to register for IELTS should note that there is no more space for February and early March. The current available spaces are for 21st and 28th March. 14th of March is already filled up. A CGPA of 2.9 on 5.0 scare is 2.5 in German scale. And that is the minimum requirement for Universities in Germany. So, if you have a CGPA of 2.9 on Nigerian scale you can get an admission for MBA, MSc/MA in German Universities.

You are spot on on the GP. Even 2.88 to be exact from my calculations. But some some may wanna round up upwardly and thus may not be up to 2.5, making 3.0 a safer estimate for all whether their approximation is negative or positive.
So, for the records, 2.88 is also 2.5.

Thanks for bringing it up

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ugochux(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
Clandestine60:

Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.

Congrats bro..happy for you..I hope to join you sonmetime this year..are u going for Msc or Bsc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cole001: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Congratulations on your visa bro...Gods favour shall not depart from you when you get there.Enjoy yourself bro,am happy for you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
adenjnr:

Congrats

Thanks my man. Appreciate
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
Cole001:
Congratulations on your visa bro...Gods favour shall not depart from you when you get there.Enjoy yourself bro,am happy for you.

Thanks my brother. Wish you favour and blessings as well. Njoy!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ugochux:

Congrats bro..happy for you..I hope to join you sonmetime this year..are u going for Msc or Bsc?

Thanks mehn...Expecting good news from you soon. I am going for an Msc course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

Congrats!!!
I have a good friend in Köln. Unfortunately, he is not on NL or at least this thread. Send me a PM let's see how it goes.

Congrats once again!

Thanks ma mehn. I will PM you shortly please.
Thanks a lot
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
what are the chances of getting phd admission and criteria for it in germany and tuition
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fatalveli(m): 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
Clandestine60:

Thanks ma mehn. I will PM you shortly please.
Thanks a lot
Congrats bro, lasst uns feiern. Prost!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
Clandestine60:

Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.

Congrats Bros,

Go and succeed in Deutschland.

Alles Gutes !!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 12:10am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello house,
A lot would see me a jjc on NL! Buh I am just a silent member. I have been following this thread like mad! And I want to appreciate our grand broses and sistas grin you are really doing a great job here. I actually contributed on this thread last year but I could not get admission. Very painful because all was set for me.I have picked up my pieces and I have started applying again. @ futurewise @topeajis @ kelly4top @ekefourseven to mention a few. Please do you guys know about any schl that offers master in electrical engg, Infomation tech, communication engg that waiv e toefl. I gotten some but I still need more to boost my chances. So guy hook me up abegg. I need help please guys
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 7:10am On Feb 05, 2015
Fatalveli:

Was studierst du?

Wo wohnst du? Is Germany Spaß
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fxsly: 7:35am On Feb 05, 2015
house pls between German embassy and the Federal high court which is less expensive as to document certification. I know it has been discussed before now but pls help. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2015
fxsly:
house pls between German embassy and the Federal high court which is less expensive as to document certification. I know it has been discussed before now but pls help. thanks

Definitely the German Embassy. I was there yesterday and met a lady who confirmed she did hers about 2 weeks ago free of charge.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fxsly: 9:17am On Feb 05, 2015
Clandestine60:

Definitely the German Embassy. I was there yesterday and met a lady who confirmed she did hers about 2 weeks ago free of charge.
really. that's great. pls one more thing: my transcript is with me but the letter head is not saying anything German school rather Canada cos I once used it to apply there so I ask will this be a hinderance?

pardon my manners.... congratulations smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2015
Clandestine60:

Mr Eke or any1...
Thank you.

Congrats brother. How long was the waiting period after your interview? Mine is 4 weeks and 2 days already and nothing as of yet. Please, respond to calm my nerves. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 10:31am On Feb 05, 2015
fxsly:

really. that's great. pls one more thing: my transcript is with me but the letter head is not saying anything German school rather Canada cos I once used it to apply there so I ask will this be a hinderance?

Thank you bro. I don't think it will be a problem. Mine had a U.K university inscribed on the back ground, albeit, faintly and I did not have any problem whatsoever. So I think you will be fine.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Clandestine60: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2015
esdajo:

Congrats brother. How long was the waiting period after your interview? Mine is 4 weeks and 2 days already and nothing as of yet. Please, respond to calm my nerves. Thanks

Thank you brother. I don't think you should hit the panic button just yet. Had my interview on the 22nd of December last year and received the email of collection on the 28th of january. That was about 5 weeks which is the standard(official) waiting time. Some may be shorter or longer. So I suggest you stay calm my brother because you will soon get the good news.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fxsly: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Clandestine60:

Thank you bro. I don't think it will be a problem. Mine had a U.K university inscribed on the back ground, albeit, faintly and I did not have any problem whatsoever. So I think you will be fine.
thanks brother.... see u in Deutschland come winter 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
europe4sure:
is noun open university degree acceptable for masters in germany

check out anabin.de where the names of Nigeria universities are listed. you will surely found the name of NOUN there. Use Google chrome for easy translation or you can check out this link. http://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/institutionen.html
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
europe4sure:
what are the chances of getting phd admission and criteria for it in germany and tuition
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
europe4sure:

Here is the little I know.

*There are more English taught programmes in PhD than masters or Bsc.

*Your masters degree will have to be impressive to stand a chance.

*There is actually a scholarship for Nigerian students provided by DAAD but getting it is a story for another day (I don't know much of the details though). However, I think the arrangement involves you compulsorily coming back after studies.

*You will also have to look for a willing supervisor for your PhD.

*The tuition is free for most courses.

*check here for more details

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/promotion/en/

I hope you get more details from our ogas.

God bless you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
fxsly:

Is the letterhead part of the main body of the transcript itself or a separate paper stapled to the main transcript?
If the answer to the latter is in the affirmative, then yank it off completely and you have your "universal" transcript.
Assess it well though.

My 2 cowries

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by donhuko: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
please can one apply with 'student's copy' of transcript. I intend making multiple applications, and my school has refused to give me the original copy of my transcript or send it to any address that isn't that of a tertiary institution. Gurus in the house i await your response. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.