Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis (28973 Views)

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them- Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by danaiks(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
Pope Francis has warned that he was ready to punch anyone who insulted his mother.

The pontiff said this yesterday in remarks made en route to the Philippines from Sri Lanka, that “there are limits to freedom of expression and my mother was the limit.

“We have a duty to speak openly, to have this freedom, but without offending others.

“It’s true that you cannot react with violence, but if my aide Doctor Gasbarri, who is a friend, badmouths my mother, a punch would be coming for him,” he added.

The Pope said in relation to recent events in Paris that violence in the name of religion can never be justified, but that there are limits to freedom of expression.

“Many people badmouth religion, mock it, play with other people’s religion.

“It can happen, but there are limits. Every religion has dignity, every religion that respects life and human beings has dignity, and you cannot mock it,” he added.

The Pope warned, “You cannot provoke, insult, ridicule other people’s faith”.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pope-francis-ill-punch-anyone-4987451

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by SeverusSnape(m): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
I know he didn't mean it. smiley

This Pope is too meek to do that.

Best vicar of Christ ever!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by DopeAngel(m): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
the only pope with swag... D.o.p.e pope i agree with you niqqa.. Hit them niqqas and bi*ches were it hurts

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
That is to say, if I insult you, you'll probably break my head..
And if I slap you, you'll probably kill me..

Matt5:39..But I say unto you, that ye resist not eveil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also..

The jesus I know preached peace...but his followers, I don't understand them..

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by fijiano202(m): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Many people badmouth religion, mock it, play with other people’s religion.
“It can happen, but there are limits. Every religion has dignity, every religion that respects life and human beings has dignity, and you cannot mock it,” he added.
The Pope warned, “You cannot provoke, insult, ridicule other people’s faith”.

He's right abt what is written above

34 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by peteregwu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
DDeliverer:

Matt5:39..But I say unto you, that ye resist not eveil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also..

pope is not a christian and was never a christian, he is beginning to show his true colour. he knows what you quoted in math 5:39 but he just want to give his followers another gospel.

16 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by wordcat(m): 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
Though the Angels have been sleeping with daughters of men but Joseph been suffering from poverty lacks absolute control over his wife and as such his wife, Mary the mother of Jesus committed an adultery with Angel Gabriel.

The Pope knows this but refused to tell it to his church members. Hope I will not receive a blow from the pope tonight?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by EvilBrain1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
Pope Francis is using the wifebeater's defence (she provoked me!) to support mass murdering islamist fanatics. Personally, I'm not surprised since he and the islamists are selling different flavours of the same poisonous drink. They know what they are preaching is bullshit which is why they dont want it criticized. When the Catholic church still had political power, they were murdering people everyday just like the muslims are now. They havent changed at all, theyre just better at hiding it nowadays. But once in a while, the mask slips and you can see the rotten face beneath.

Dont worry, humanity will eventually eradicate christianity along with islam and all the other violent religions. Its just a matter of time.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by jingh(f): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2015
“Many people badmouth religion, mock it, play with other people’s
religion.
“It can happen, but there are limits. Every religion has dignity, every
religion that respects life and human beings has dignity, and you
cannot mock it,” he added.
The Pope warned, “You cannot provoke, insult, ridicule other people’s
faith”

I wish every nairalander can respect and put this word into use, but it is near to impossibity. GOD CREATED US ALL BUT DEVIL CONTROL MOST

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by debo07(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Iya ni wura.
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by kingstylo01(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2015
I just love this Pontiff!
Ride on vicar of Christ, we need your type in this evil world of ours.
Christ Jesus will never leave his church, no matter what the evil one is doing against her.

Matthew 16 vs. 18 and 19 says it all!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Your mother is a real person, shouldnt be an issue to make a joke of any idea - Religious Ideas inclusive.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by haibe(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Hahaha. The way the media reads things ehn. Very funny

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by snika: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Oya anti Catholic fanatics make una begin show una skills

Long live the Pope
Long live the Catholic Church
Long live the church of Christ

22 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by haibe(m): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2015
DDeliverer:

guy calm down, he obviously doesn't mean it

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by aare07(m): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2015
My Sweet mother, may she live long and enjoy her labour .

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by hyfr(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Punch I'll stab anyone who insults my mom cheesy. Talkless of anyone that raises a hand on her, that one na die

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Sunymoore(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Well done Pope

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Aspireahead(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
i think muslim draw more enemies to themselves by attacking perceived critics, or mockers of their faith.
Yesterday in my school, the Muslim Student's Society organised a seminar on campus. The theme of the programme was centered around Biblical and Quranic support for science and western education but the guest speaker was bad mouthing Christianity and terming Jesus 'a bastard' and he not being the son of God, and how the Book of Matthew is fiction. Some students approached him and kindly asked him to focus on the theme of the gathering but he refused. Students didnt allow the programme continue.
Although i am not in support of the student's action, but i could'nt stop wondering what would have happened if the whole ish was the other way round.
People have freedom of speech, if you feel insulted, you either sue them, insult back or keep quiet...you dont kill..especially when your religion is that of 'peace.'

28 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by adorablepepple(f): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
tell them
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
peteregwu:

pope is not a christian and was never a christian, he is beginning to show his true colour. he knows what you quoted in math 5:39 but he just want to give his followers another gospel.

Ignorant people like you always think that they have valid opinion .

16 Likes

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by DickDastardly(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
DDeliverer:

Pharisees like u will always call him out!
He spoke in parable.
He is only saying that respect is reciprocal.
Dont read too much meaning into his direct sentence, rather seek wisdom in it.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by alaoeri: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice one pope, Jeisu Charlie are mocking muslims & their prophet & whenever muslims react, they are called terrorist why don't you ppl leave muslims & their religion alone? For saying this, guess the pope won't be welcome with open hands whenever he visits France, height of hypocrisy of some Ppl mstcheeeeew.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by datguru: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
Radical for jesus grin
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by 1stola: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
I will do same or worst too...
Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by henryobinna(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
wordcat:
Though the Angels have been sleeping with daughters of men but Joseph been suffering from poverty lacks absolute control over his wife and as such his wife, Mary the mother of Jesus committed an adultery with Angel Gabriel.

The Pope knows this but refused to tell it to his church members. Hope I will not receive a blow from the pope tonight?
jeez!
look what you just wrote!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by ritux: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
I will do same too. You can insult it or any member of my family but certainly not my mother that carried me for 9months.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by kevoh(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
His holiness, you are alone on this one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by DickDastardly(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2015
peteregwu:

Your type in islam make up isis, alshabab, bokoharam etal
Always annoyingly senseless.
Go to hell! cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by 9jaBloke: 8:53am On Jan 18, 2015
Read btw the lines people. & read the write-up as a whole. Don't quote sections that favour your argument. He is promoting religious tolerance by discouraging incitement.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Punch Anyone Who Insults My Mother – Pope Francis by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 18, 2015
People would always capitalize on that. He said that on a light note. And to me,he is talking sense.

Anyone talks trash about my mama, Boko Haram would not even save u. lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Members Roll In Mud Water After Falling Under Anointing (video) / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / 2020 RCCG Virtual Crossover Service To Year 2021 Live!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.