Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series (3370 Views)

A Tint Of White In The Dark [an Anthology Of Happy And Sad Short Stories] / 21 Horrifying Short Stories To Scare The Hell Out of You / E. Fantasy(short Stories) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
I shall be posting inspirational short stories here to make us know that we are special, honored, cherished and loved by God

Ruby's Angel

I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in buying groceries. I wasn’t hungry. The pain of losing my husband of 37 years was still too raw. And this grocery store held so many sweet memories.
Rudy often came with me and almost every time he’d pretend to go off and look for something special. I knew what he was up to. I’d always spot him walking down the aisle with the three yellow roses in his hands.
Rudy knew I loved yellow roses. With a heart filled with grief, I only wanted to buy my few items and leave, but even grocery shopping was different since Rudy had passed on.
Shopping for one took time, a little more thought than it had for two. Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak and remembered how Rudy had loved his steak.
Suddenly a woman came beside me. She was blond, slim and lovely in a soft green pantsuit. I watched as she picked up a large pack of T-bones, dropped them in her basket, hesitated, and then put them back. She turned to go and once again reached for the pack of steaks. She saw me watching her and she smiled. “My husband loves T-bones, but honestly, at these prices, I don’t know.”
I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her pale blue eyes. “My husband passed away eight days ago,” I told her. Glancing at the package in her hands, I fought to control the tremble in my voice. “Buy him the steaks. And cherish every moment you have together.”
She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed the package in her basket and wheeled away.
I turned and pushed my cart across the length of the store to the dairy products. There I stood, trying to decide which size milk I should buy. A quart, I finally decided and moved on to the ice cream section near the front of the store. If nothing else, I could always fix myself an ice cream cone. I placed the ice cream in my cart and looked down the aisle toward the front.
I saw first the green suit, then recognized the pretty lady coming towards me. In her arms she carried a package. On her face was the brightest smile I had ever seen. I would swear a soft halo encircled her blond hair as she kept walking toward me, her eyes holding mine. As she came closer, I saw what she held and tears began misting in my eyes. “These are for you,” she said and placed three beautiful long stemmed yellow roses in my arms. “When you go through the line, they will know these are paid for.” She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek, then smiled again.
I wanted to tell her what she’d done, what the roses meant, but still unable to speak, I watched as she walked away as tears clouded my vision. I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue wrapping and found it almost unreal. How did she know?
Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn’t alone. “Oh, Rudy, you haven’t forgotten me, have you?” I whispered, with tears in my eyes. He was still with me, and she was his angel.
Everyday be thankful for what you have and who you are.
Meditation:But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.– 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
You will succeed in Jesus Name!
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
The Gift

The Diamond Ring

A married lady was expecting a birthday gift from her husband. For many months she had admired a beautiful diamond ring in a showroom, and knowing her husband could afford it, she told him that was all she wanted.
As her birthday approached, this lady awaited signs that her husband had purchased the diamond ring. Finally, on the morning of her birthday, her husband called her into his study.
Her husband told her how proud he was to have such a good wife, and told her how much he loved her.
He handed her a beautiful wrapped gift box.
Curious, the wife opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the wife’s name embossed in gold.
Angrily, she raised her voice at her husband and said, ‘With all your money you gave me a Bible?’ And stormed out of the house, leaving her husband.
Many years passed and the lady became very successful in business. She managed to settle for a more beautiful house and a wonderful family, but realized her ex-husband was very old, and thought perhaps she should go to visit him. She had not seen him for many years. But before she could make arrangements, she received a telegram telling her that her ex-husband had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to her. She needed to come back immediately and take care of his affairs.
When she arrived at her ex-husband’s house, sudden sadness and regret filled her heart. She began to search through her ex-husband’s important papers and saw the new Bible still intact, just as she had left it years before.
With tears, she opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. Her ex-husband had carefully underlined a verse, Matt 7:11, And if you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father, who is in heaven, give what is good to those who ask Him?’
As she read those words, a tiny package dropped from the back of the Bible. It was the diamond ring, with her name engraved on it — the same diamond ring which she saw 20 years before at the showroom.
On the tag was the date of her birth, and the words: ‘LUV U ALWAYS’.
How many times do we miss God’s blessings, because they are not packaged as we expected?
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
If your gift is not packaged the way you want it, it’s because it is better packaged the way it is. Always appreciate little things; they usually lead you to bigger and better things.
‘The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.’
Meditation:while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.– 2 Corinthians 4:18
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Racing Down The River

By Rich McLawhorn
Someone once said, “True freedom is not a question of doing as we like, but doing as we ought.”
Clovis Chappell, a nineteenth century minister, used to tell an interesting story about two paddleboats. The two boats, powered by coal, left Memphis about the same time, traveling down the Mississippi River to New Orleans. As they travelled side-by-side, sailors from one vessel made some critical remarks and jokes about the snail’s pace of the other boat.
Heated words were exchanged between the men on the two boats. Challenges were made. So the race began. The competition was hot and heavy as the two boats roared through the Deep South.
Eventually, one boat began falling behind. The problem: it didn’t have enough fuel. There had been plenty of coal for the trip, but not enough for a race.
As the boat dropped back, an enterprising young sailor took some of the ship’s cargo and tossed it into the boat’s ovens. When his fellow sailors saw that the supplies burned as well as coal, they fuelled their boat with the material they had been assigned to transport.
Guess what? They ended up winning the race. But they burned their cargo.
How does this apply to our lives?
The men on the winning boat did what they liked, which was winning the race. But the price for that victory was expensive. The boat’s cargo, the very reason they were traveling down the river in the first place, was sacrificed. So they failed to do what they ought to have done, which was to safely transport their cargo.
You may not have thought about it, but God has entrusted each of us with cargo. Our cargo is other people, such as friends and family, and the ability He has given us to help someone else. We are responsible for this cargo, and ought to cherish it in our journey through life.
However, like the men on the winning boat, often we fail in that responsibility. As Billy Graham says, “We hurt people by being too busy. Too busy to notice their needs. Too busy to drop that note of comfort or encouragement or assurance of love. Too busy to listen when someone needs to talk. Too busy to care.”
Are you too busy to care? When opportunities occur to help others, do you take advantage of those opportunities? Or do you burn your cargo as you busily do what you like?
Be diligent, and do what you ought to do. Slow down for the needs of your family and friends. Seize opportunities to help people when it is within your power to do so.
Finally, remember one other cargo God has entrusted to you. It is the Good News of Jesus Christ. Diligently share that Good News with others, and help people who are using their gifts for Christ reach even more people. Your diligence with the cargo God has given you will be very rewarding.
Meditation: And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” – Luke 10:41-42
Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com
To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily- dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily- dew.com/blackberry.
Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Trouble Tree

The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farmhouse had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
“Oh, that’s my trouble tree,” he replied. “I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one thing’s for sure, troubles don’t belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again.”
“Funny thing is,” he smiled, “when I come out in the morning to pick ‘em up, there ain’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.”
If a tree can offer much hope to this man, how much more relief can you get by thrusting all your troubles and cares at the One who cares and is able to shoulder them all? That Person is Jesus Christ. You can trust Him.
Meditation:Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.– 1 Peter 5:6-7

Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by whitemosquito(f): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2015
While I appreciate the desire to share something that has inspired you with others, this is plagiarism.. Merely Including the source of the stories doesnt make it better especially since said source is on nairaland. Why not just point ppl towards the source itself? Use the share button if you follow Son of Issachar. Or else, obtain his express permission.
This is wrong.
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
Okay I only wanted to use it to inspire people cause the stories are good I'll check with Son of Issachar now
Re: Christian Inspirational Short Stories Series by GODWINGODSON(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
You know how reluctant nairalanders are on clicking links

(1) (Reply)

Stage Performance Of The Woman Of Calabar, A Play By Elechi Amadi. / Things Fall Apart / The Dark Side Of “christ Embassy”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.