Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,975 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium (52035 Views)

Skye Bank Blocks Patience Jonathan From Accessing Her Unfrozen Account / Governor Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium For Campaign / Panic As Presidential Guards Shield Jonathan From Gun Salute Drama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Omooba77: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
The stage is set for another round of confrontation between Rivers State Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the governor has refused the party the use of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Igwurita-Ali for its presidential campaign.

The party applied for use of the stadium for its presidential campaign rally on January 28 but Amaechi refused to grant them the use of the facility on the grounds that the stadium is under construction.But the PDP has countered that the governor was not being fair since his own party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has used the stadium twice for political rallies.

The PDP has already warned Amaechi to rescind his decision or be ready for a face-off.Speaking at a meeting of political leaders in Rivers State with the state Commissioner of Police, Dan Bature, on Friday evening, the state Chairman of PDP, Felix Obuah, alleged that the governor had refused to approve the party's application for the use of the stadium.Decrying the governor's action, Obuah said, "The facilities of Rivers State are owned by all of us; all tax-paying people.

The Adokiye Amiesiemaka Stadium belongs to Rivers people; Rivers State money was used to build it. It was not meant for the Buhari campaign manager; it is not his personal property. They used it for their own rally and their own celebrations."We have applied to use the place for our rally, come 28th of this month. But the governor, in his act of impunity, has refused us the use of that place."He threatened that his party would defy the governor and use the facility with or without approval.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-bars-jonathan-from-using-states-stadium/199432/

14 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
hmmm...
APC sha...

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Omooba77: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na wa oh.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to get my academic life bk in shape(Shelter)... There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am in sch nw and i have very limited time to work.. The money i need is #20,000 to settle my bills..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...May God bless and reward u all.

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by papercoin(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jonah is too gentle sha, permission kor permeable ni
I'll enter the stadium in a grand style nd let heaven fall.

233 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
Does barring him produces buhari's certificate?? undecided

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by meforyou1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
papercoin:
Jonah is too gentle sha, permission kor permeable ni
I'll enter the stadium in a grand style nd let heaven fall.
my thought exactly

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by temitemi1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
The big mouthed ameachi is at it again... Rivers will be HELL for u after Failbuhari 14... GEJ till 2019!!!

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by SeverusSnape(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
Can you imagine?... They used the stadium for their own rally. The president is even gentle, If it were some other president, He'll just make a triumphant entry, and nothing will happen.

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by lurther: 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
A whole president? WOOOOOW...........GEJ is a real democrat.

A governor not allowing a president using a stadium anywhere in this world?
GEJ is truely the definition of a democrat per excellence.

338 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by wordcat(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Make them no cry when d president go do him own o

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Poor Jonathan! grin grin Bad luck everywhere he goes

sai Buhari

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by owobokiri(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
The last governor that barred the annointed one from using the stadium to campaign was one funny looking dude named Fayemi. Where is he now? We have a DSS Squad already at Seme waiting for you Mr Rottenmi. You will finish this fight you started.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
[size=18pt]T.K.O

[/size]

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by IDEApro(m): 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Amaechi, APC and their politics of bitterness

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by GhaliNaaba(m): 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
DenBosch:
I need ur financial help great nairalanders
God will provide and surprise you.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Alphaoscar:
YOU WILL NOW UNDERSTAND OBJ BETTER...

PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE Says, "I support Buhari."

. Rev MBAKA SAYS, "Goodluck is badluck to Nigeria--"

Cardinal Okogie says: "President Jonathan should Forget Second Term----"

Pastor Kalejaye of RCCG says: "Buhari, A Better
Candidate Than Jonathan---"

Rev Chris Okotie says: "Jonathan's declaration has occult connotation

Pastor Bomang Moses says: "Go to the streets and spread the Gospel of Change. Ask them to Vote for Change, This is the turn of Nigeria........"

Apostle Sulleiman says: "2015 election would be a replica of June 12 where the Nation will unite against a particular candidate----"

Apostle Oludeji says:" In 2011, the masses chose
Goodluck Jonathan but after the election he chose the politicians. Now its time to say goodbye---"

Pastor Uchena says: "Use your PVC to claim back your Destiny because prayers alone can't change anything without good. leadership....."

Pastor Uchena says: "My God told me that Buhari
means well for Nigeria. Poverty does not know
whether you are a Christian or Muslim...."

Pastor Peter Kayode says: "In 2012 i told my daddy in the Lord that President Goodluck is never a Christian but an agent of destruction...."
@ Sprinkle
RE: NIGER DELTA READY FOR WAR!!!

You are free to share
Forwarded as received

I was in conversation with a United Nation official yesterday and we were talking about the acquisition of warships by ethnic militant Tompolo, in a country were our brave soldiers are being starved off equipment. He told me point blank that in every major conflict he has assessed or being involved in as a UN official it all started with one fellow choosing to ARM an ETHNIC MILITIA as against the national army of the country, sometimes deliberately depleting the army before the violence starts.

I first got reports of Niger Delta militant Asari Dokubo buying military helicopters and hardware from diplomatic intelligence sources about 2 years ago. Shortly after that he was arrested in Benin Republic but released upon the intervention of our government. What I can see is very clear, JONATHAN is leading an effort to create an alternate military force in the Niger Delta to force the hands of the generality of NIGERIANS when the time comes. How else can one explain Tompolo a man once declared wanted for killing our soldiers now effectively taking over the duties of our navy?

Where is all the money coming from? Do you think the arms are being bought for boat parade or regatta? No they are to kill NIGERIANS.

JONATHAN has never been able to rise to fill the position of the NIGERIAN Presidency, he acts like an ethnic war lord and at the rate he is going he is going to push us into the path of Liberian and Sierra Leone, while silly people are busy cheering him on.

I have taken it upon myself to write a letter of complaint and warning to the United Nations Secretary General to pay attention to what JONATHAN and his cohorts are doing in Nigeria, seemingly pushing the country closer to a violent ethnic crisis.

This crisis would consume the entire African continent if not checked.

This morning I received this in my in box, and I couldn't help but shudder that we are dealing with really devious human beings who have mistakenly found themselves in power. Their attitude and body language says it all:

"I'm really amused that we are all screaming murder years after the deed was done? It's well over 3 years that I have been screaming the overall plans and strategies of the south-south vs the behemoth Nigeria, i.e, their eventual emancipation! For the sake of many who have not read or few who have taken these posts as scare mongering by Oyenuga Lanre Paul, I'll re summarise them here. To free their region of the shackles of endless exploitation and domination by the rest of Nigeria, the south-south decided as follow:

1). Cripple the Nigerian Army's capacities to engage in sustained warfare: thus the encouragement of BH and decimation of the army's hardware and personnel.

2). Ensure Nigeria is economically destitute and unable to spend on warfare: thus the unprecedented looting of the treasury, resulting in our current vulnerability. Okonjo Iweala is not 'coordinating' for nothing.

3). Is the military takeover of our coastal waters by the south-south, which is what the coastal waterways protection contract with Government Tompolo was designed to guarantee. Let no one be deceived, less than 0.5% of our military, (including naval and air force) personnel can swim in an 8 foot deep pool, not to mention a river or coastal waters. Thus, how do you engage these toughened militia in their coastal waters, when we couldn't tackle BH in plain view?

4th). Is the intense frustrations of the oil producing companies by the south southerners nouveau-riche to hand over the onshore production bases to them by forced sale or outright disruption of their operations. As we chat here, 70% of the onshore operations have been sold off by the major players like shell, Mobil, etc.

As well as the training of ex militants as pilots under amnesty Anyone doubting my claims of warning about these can browse through my timeline.

IF THE SOUTH-SOUTH PULLS OUT TODAY, WE ARE SITTING DUCKS! The South-East are tagging along with the south-south, for obvious reasons and I don't blame them!

The choice of Buhari is due to these calculations by our rulers in the South-West and the core North. Unless I'm paranoid, we have a scary situation ahead. I moved my family out as far back as 2011, based on this concerns.

GEJ will very likely lose the elections in 2015, but the south-south will keep their oil. Can we afford a war with a region sitting on oil? Do we have a military capable of delivering our goal? Would it not be cheaper to renegotiate our federation?

Or, would it be another Rehoboamic declaration of "To your tents o Israel"? GEJ ain't clueless, he's merely troubled by the plots he's a key player in?

Viva Le Nigeria'.."!
It's from Oyenuga Lanre Paul

By Oyenuga Lanre Paul.

If what you have spewed here is true, then Jonathan is legend!
It means we can now correct the horrible mistake of the criminal called Luggard

Long Love Biafra.
Long live ND Republic.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Collynzo9: 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
He should use the Liberation stadium na, at least that one is a Federal stadium and is right in the center of the city.
Maybe he just wants to be close to the airport.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
GhaliNaaba:

God will provide and surprise you.
I hope so... I need one of d basic necessity of Life which is Shelter, this cold is really killing me.. Any help from u wil be appreciated
Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by otbliz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
I feel for Amaechi...
James Ibori should advice this man

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by ChinemeOkpan: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Governor Amaechi is acting within the law

The stadium is not yet completed. A president with a so called PhD should know the health & safety implications of conducting a campaign in such a venue.

Unlike him and his cronies, the APC will not endanger the lives of Nigerians like he did with Immigration recruitment exercise. The APC values the lives of Nigerians.

The PDP can campaign on the streets like they have been doing so far.

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by mrborntodoit: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sign of political immaturity ,amechi should grow up and stop acting like a f#ag angry

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by teemanbastos(m): 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by kingstylo01(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Governor Amaechi is acting within the law
The stadium is not yet completed. A president with a so called PhD should know the health & safety implications of conducting a campaign in such a venue.
Unlike him and his cronies, the APC will not endanger the lives of Nigerians like he did with Immigration recruitment exercise. The APC values the lives of Nigerians.
The PDP can campaign on the streets like they have been doing so far.

Na waah oh! Shebi APC use the stadium for campaign, why telling PDP that it's under construction?

SOME PEOPLE DON'T REASON BEFORE THEY POST. smh

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by nicflame(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Buhahahahahahahahahahaha
sad Amechi Abeg just permit them make them no turn this one to another case against us.. Even though the rally is a failure already.

THE PEOPLE'S GENERAL ON MY MIND

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Maczeelly(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
C. H. A. N. G. E

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by ellechrystal(f): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Sad, nigerian politicians n stupidity at its peak.
Wait till 14th feb.

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by Akshow: 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
JONATHAN has never been able to rise to fill
the position of the NIGERIAN Presidency, he
acts like an ethnic war lord and at the rate
he is going he is going to push us into the
path of Liberian and Sierra Leone, while silly
people are busy cheering him on.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium by raziboi(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
I was here!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Morenike Adebayo And Dele Agbe-Davies Wedding Photos / Hope Uzodinma Probes Okorocha, Ohakim And Ihedioha / Abule Egba Bridge Ready For Commissioning - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.