Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna (1374 Views)

BREAKING ---Buhari And Apc Continues Clamp-down On SE+SS --- Ekweremadu Arrested / Breaking News: Gov Ramalan Call and Congratulates El' Rufa'I / Court Lifts Suspension On APC's Fund-Raising Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by kheart(m): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2015
The Governor of Kaduna state, Ramalan Yero, has threatened to call out his supporters to inflict damage on the opposition All Progressives Congress [APC] if his team is ever attacked while campaigning.
Speaking in Hausa language to his supporters at the opening of his campaign on Monday, Mr. Yero vowed swift “revenge” if ever attacked by any one “born of woman”.
“If you are born of a woman, please pelt us with stones, when we go out for campaigns. We dare you to destroy or burn our vehicles. Burn our House,” the governor said. “I swear by Allah, anyone who does any of these things, we will revenge.”
The remarks came as an escalation of an already tense electioneering ahead of February polls, seen in Kaduna State as a contest mainly between the governor and a former Minister, Nasir El Rufai, of the APC.
In the last two weeks, there have been incidents of political violence in Rivers, Plateau and Gombe States, where supporters of different political parties launched gun attacks on opponents, bombed party offices and torched campaign vehicles.
Mr. Yero spoke days after all presidential candidates for the February elections committed to non-violence before, during and after the polls.
Addressing his supporters, a furious Mr. Yero threatened to stop Mr. El-Rufai from entering Kaduna State henceforth.
PREMIUM TIMES obtained an audio recording of the governor apparently addressing his supporters and threatening violence against Mr. El-Rufai.
He said as governor, he has the power to stop the former minister from even leaving his house.
“If I say you should not come to Kaduna, I swear you cannot come. If I say you should not leave your house, I swear you cannot leave,” Mr. Yero said.
Despite being the home state of Vice President Namadi Sambo, Kaduna, the former capital of the northern part of Nigeria, also has a strong APC base, giving Mr. El Rufai wide support too.
As Minister of the FCT, Mr. El-Rufai’s administration demolished several homes and other structures the government said were illegal or built in contravention of Abuja’s master plan.
In his address, Mr. Yero said he also has the power to demolish the former Minister’s house if he wishes to.
“If I say they should demolish your House, I swear by Allah, they would demolish it immediately,” he said. “If you think we cannot do it, try us and see, continue with what you are doing, by God’s grace we will show you,” Mr. Yero said.
Mr. Yero also threatened to deal with APC supporters if they dare attack campaign trail of PDP.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175135-kaduna-governor-yero-caught-on-tape-threatening-violence-against-apc-el-rufai.html

Opinion: All dis is connected with his visit to his hometown (zaria) where he n sambo Were welcome wit booz n nasty chants.

Hmmm [/b]supporters
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by eleko1: 7:21am On Jan 18, 2015
angry angry Yero is boko haram,boko haram is yero angry. Useless,senseless,moronic,daft governor sad angry
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by Caseless: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2015
That 'unguarded' statement marks the begining of the political end of Yero. The audio is being repeatedly played to the hearing of everyone and people are reacting to that statement credited to him. He single-handedly won more sympathizers for apc in kaduna by saying that; "we are the government, pdp is the government, we own power and, whoever dare us shall be brought down. We'll retaliate if the supporters of apc attack us. Attack them when they touch our posters." From the foregoing, you know that effete of a governor has nailed his own political coffin.

1 Like

Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by SeverusSnape(m): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2015
This is uncalled for. These are the kind of statements that causes the polity to be heated up thereby causing tension Which may escalate to violence.
I don't even know why some members of a particular political party would go about destroying properties of the other party, It's wrong and their leaders should call them to order.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by arewafederation: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Nonsense talk. angry

Yero is the northern and more handsome replica of GEJ.....Dull, clueless, incompetent, and very lazy.

Demolishing El Rufai's house will only make him homeless for 5 months because May 29, El Rufai will occupy the Kaduna state govt house and Yero will have no where to go because his house and all other illegal structures he is building for his mum in Kaduna will no longer be in Kaduna state's master plan. Trust El rufai. grin

Sai Buhari..cool

3 Likes

Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by Caseless: 7:46am On Jan 18, 2015
eleko1:
angry angry Yero is boko haram,boko haram is yero angry. Useless,senseless,moronic,daft governor sad angry
like his boss, sambo, he lack the political might to do anything in the state. The audio is being flogged repeatedly on bbc hausa and, it is working against him already.
We now know Yero/pdp wants kaduna to go up in flames again and the people are watching.
El-rufai go defeat yero. I hope they dont impose curfew like they did in 2011 cos that was how they were able to invert results at that time to favor pdp.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by arewafederation: 7:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
That 'unguarded' statement marks the begining of the political end of Yero. The audio is being repeatedly played to the hearing of everyone and people are reacting to that statement credited to him. He single-handedly won more sympathizers for apc in kaduna by saying that; "we are the government, pdp is the government, we own power and, whoever dare us shall be brought down. We'll retaliate if the supporters of apc attack us. Attack them when they touch our posters." From the foregoing, you know that effete of a governor has nailed his own political coffin.

I liked Yero for his calmness but never supported him for his incompetence. But after listening to those comments, the little respect I had for him got lost. He has shown to be a true son of PDP- DESPERATE FOR POWER.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by SeverusSnape(m): 7:58am On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
like his boss, sambo, he lack the political might to do anything in the state. The audio is being flogged repeatedly on bbc hausa and, it is working against him already.
We now know Yero/pdp wants kaduna to go up in flames again and the people are watching.
El-rufai go defeat yero. I hope they dont impose curfew like they did in 2011 cos that was how they were able to invert results at that time to favor pdp.
Stop saying what you don't know MR.caseless, The curfew was imposed to stop the rampaging cows from causing more mayhem. Yakowa clearly won that election. Even though the margin was not wide.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by kheart(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2015
arewafederation:

I liked Yero for his calmness but never supported him for his incompetence. But after listening to those comments, the little respect I had for him got lost. He has shown to be a true son of PDP- DESPERATE FOR POWER.

Trust me if u re from Kaduna, u ll see d favor premium times did to ramalan speech (dey edit som n left many out). He spoke like Professional tout when we ll know d dunce bag got no balls.

Sample 100 kadites u heardly see anyone supportin ramalan cos 4 2 yrs he had no single visible project for kaduna state.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by size38: 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
I hope nigeria are watching and listening to d character of men in PDP? Tomorrow when they create another Boko haram, they will say Buhari and APC are behind it. When people say that the North is behind Boko haram I don't doubt it all. Yes, to be specific and to hit it on d head, the PDP in d North are behind Boko haram.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
I witnessed a PDP campaign bus been pelted with stones close to stadium roundabout. I believe there maybe other incidences like that hence the Governors utterance.

I mean, no one has monopoly over violence and APC are going overboard in their attacks on PDP followers.

BTW, I believe Buhari as a leader will have the interest of ordinary Nigerians at heart but, those surrounding him are my concern.

Worse still, a lot of APC leading lights were immediate past PDP members; old wine in New wine skin. I keep wondering what sort of change they will offer?

We need change from the present rot, greed, insecurity and cluelessness but then we have a lot on old wine in new bottle and I wonder what have changed about them.

1 Like

Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by eleko1: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2015
God bless U.Definately,d unfortunate silly yero knw/had hand's' in patrick Yakowa death.He'll not knw peace.
Caseless:
surely,El-Rufai will take over from him
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by ramdris(m): 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
I think impeachment notice should be serve to the rogue calling himself Governor. Gosh! I can't believe a leader said all that.
To even show how foolish he is,he said he will ban El rufai from entering the state as if we are in military era. This to new is a perfect example of vagabond in power.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by Caseless: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Stop saying what you don't know MR.caseless, The curfew was imposed to stop the rampaging cows from causing more mayhem. Yakowa clearly won that election.
yakowa won what? Where in kaduna are u? Was it not the presidential election that caused the crisis? And the presidential election held before the governorship election- there was curfew after the crisis after the crisis broke out and was later 'laxed'. Why did they pick jst bauchi and kaduna out of the states that experienced the post-election crisis and imposed curfew on them before announcing the results of the gov'ship election in both states? FYI, the crisis affected kano, gombe, jigawa etc, why were they spared of the curfew order? There was a blanket reason to impose curfew on all the state affected then, i guess the chance of these two states(bauchi and kaduna) falling to the CPC was high and, this informed selective imposition of curfew. to As at 5pm on that evening, we were at INEC office and later , we were dispersed and asked to leave by 'operation yaki'. As at that time, pdp was leading with 30,000 votes and this was without results from zaria comprising of soba, Giwa, ikara, makarfi, sabon gari and zaria LG and birnin gwari- When the se results came in, cpc got ahead with 80,000 votes and the candidate should have been declared the winner, but they didnt announce the result until they made sure everybody was locked in their rooms in the name of curfew. They knew without the curfew in place, there was no way they could have overturned the results.
If you check the results of the gov'ship election, it was that of presidential election that were inverted to favor pdp(i.e buhari votes given to yakowa and, gej's vote figure was given to kajuru).
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by SeverusSnape(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
yakowa won what? Where in kaduna are u? Was it not the presidential election that caused the crisis? And the presidential election held before the governorship election- there was curfew after the crisis after the crisis broke out and was later 'laxed'. Why did they pick jst bauchi and kaduna out of the states that experienced the post-election crisis and imposed curfew on them before announcing the results of the gov'ship election in both states? FYI, the crisis affected kano, gombe, jigawa etc, why were they spared of the curfew order? There was a blanket reason to impose curfew on all the state affected then, i guess the chance of these two states(bauchi and kaduna) falling to the CPC was high and, this informed selective imposition of curfew. to As at 5pm on that evening, we were at INEC office and later , we were dispersed and asked to leave by 'operation yaki'. As at that time, pdp was leading with 30,000 votes and this was without results from zaria comprising of soba, Giwa, ikara, makarfi, sabon gari and zaria LG and birnin gwari- When the se results came in, cpc got ahead with 80,000 votes and the candidate should have been declared the winner, but they didnt announce the result until they made sure everybody was locked in their rooms in the name of curfew. They knew without the curfew in place, there was no way they could have overturned the results.
If you check the results of the gov'ship election, it was that of presidential election that were inverted to favor pdp(i.e buhari votes given to yakowa and, gej's vote figure was given to kajuru).
Look, If the ruling party wants to rig the election, They would do it with or without curfew, Are elections not rigged in other states without imposition of curfews?... I know the North especially kaduna is a very volatile state and violence was imminent, It was election period, and a curfew had to be imposed. And whether you like it or not, Curfew will still be imposed this year to save lives and properties. That curfew will continue to be imposed until you guys change your violent and aggressive nature.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by kheart(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Look, If the ruling party wants to rig the election, They would do it with or without curfew, Are elections not rigged in other states without imposition of curfews?... I know the North especially kaduna is a very volatile state and violence was imminent, It was election period, and a curfew had to be imposed. And whether you like it or not, Curfew will still be imposed this year to save lives and properties. That curfew will continue to be imposed until you guys change your violent and aggressive nature.

People of Kaduna state re wiser now, we re goin to ve violent free change of govt thanks to ramalan insightin speech.
Heard d curfew ll even last 4 two weeks bt if he likes he shld extend it to may 29 2015, we ll endure it.

Sai Buhari
Sai Apc
Sai Nakowa
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by arewafederation: 10:12am On Jan 18, 2015
kheart:

Trust me if u re from Kaduna, u ll see d favor premium times did to ramalan speech (dey edit som n left many out). He spoke like Professional tout when we ll know d dunce bag got no balls.

Sample 100 kadites u heardly see anyone supportin ramalan cos 4 2 yrs he had no single visible project for kaduna state.

True. I didn't want to believe when I listened to the comments. I thought it was some form of propaganda. Yero just committed political suicide.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by gare(f): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2015
But you all that are condemning Yero outburst have not asked yourself why would APC or any other party attack his party, Yero only made a conditional state mate "IF" HIS PARTY MEMBERS IS ATTACKED HE WILL RETALIATE, BUT IF NOT HE WILL NOT, So APC or any other opposition party should be peaceful so that it will not turn to a free for all fight.I see not wrong in what he has said.

He should not doing anything about his posters being torn, buses and cars being burnt, people killed and he should sit down and watch if they want peace they will all enjoy peace, you that go and destroy another man's property should be ready for the same measure if not more.

This is the kind of man we want as president tough and precise.
Re: Ramalan Yero Promise To Clamp Down On APC In Kaduna by Bayswater: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2015
gare:
But you all that are condemning Yero outburst have not asked yourself why would APC or any other party attack his party, Yero only made a conditional state mate "IF" HIS PARTY MEMBERS IS ATTACKED HE WILL RETALIATE, BUT IF NOT HE WILL NOT, So APC or any other opposition party should be peaceful so that it will not turn to a free for all fight.I see not wrong in what he has said.

He should not doing anything about his posters being torn, buses and cars being burnt, people killed and he should sit down and watch if they want peace they will all enjoy peace, you that go and destroy another man's property should be ready for the same measure if not more.

This is the kind of man we want as president tough and precise.

Trust me, they won't attack Yero because they now know he won't take their attacks lying down. The only language these people understand is violence, they slap you once; you slap them back 10 times and there will be peace.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Riding On Jonathan's Transformation Train(picture) / PDP 419 Train Tracks In Markudi (pics) / Women Spread Wrappers On The Ground For Imo's Next Governor To Walk On (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.