Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? (1225 Views)

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by ukor(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2006
cheesy What are your views about the Kingdom of God?
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by michy(f): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2006
its a place where we ll suffer no more.
we will sing and rejoice forever with our
saviour.the roads ll be tarred with gold
we ll recieve diamond crowns. etc

ohh i cant stop
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by TV01(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2006
Hi,

A much deeper question then some may suppose.

The Kingdom Of God is not solely a future state. It's within us, it's here and now.
It's wherever Gods will, rules, precepts and commandments are loved and adhered to.

In a future sense, the essence of the gospel, the whole point of our walk with Christ is so that we may enter the Kingdom of God.

Anyone can "go to church" or affect religion, but the Bible clearly shows that not everyone will enter the Kingdom of God.

Straight & narrow is the way,

God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by Bobbyaf(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2006
Based on how Jesus described it in verses 3 and 5 of John 3, it does seem as if the kingdom is both a government and a place. I will give my response:

John 3:33 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

In the context of Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus, the kingdom of God here would mean the government of God and everything that God stands for, and what He is presently doing on behalf of man's salvation. So when one enters the spiritual realm trough the rebirth, he is in a better position to percieve or see what this kingdom is all about.

Of course if we are going to live with God in His kingdom then it means that kingdom will also have to be a place, and not just a concept. So its important to distinguish between the kingdom of grace and the kingdom of glory.
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by EmemJU(f): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2006
The kingdom of God is the church, the body of Christ. Jesus told His apostles that some of them will not taste of death until they see the kingdom come with power. Only Judas died before the establishment of God's kingdom on earth. This was fulfilled on the first pentecost after His ascension. Christians are subjects of this kingdom, Christ is the King and the New Testament is the law.
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by jesuseun1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2006
AS WE ALL KNOW THE DEVIL IS THE RULER OF THIS PRESENT WORLD.WHILE THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THE PLACE WHERE HE HAS PREPARE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE LIFE,DEATH AND THE RESSURECTION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,DAT PLACE CAN ALSO BE CALLED HEAVEN WHERE DEATH AND SIN WILL NO MORE EXIST.
BUT EVERLASTING JOY ,PRAISE AND LIFE, then shall the king say to them on the right hand come and inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world MATT 25:34

EVERYDAY,WE SHOULD LIVE OUR LIVES ACCEPTABLE UN2 GOD SO DAT AT THE END WE WILL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
IT IS WELL,IMMEDIATELY WE ARE BORN AGAIN ,WE START RUNNING A RACE TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD,MAY WE WILL NOT FAINT IN JESUS NAME.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by TayoD(m): 3:04am On Aug 19, 2006
I am not certain about this, but does the scriptures make a dinstinction between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of Heaven?

My inconslusive studies of both terms a few years ago left me with enough information to think that they may not actually mean the same thing. I think I ended up thinking the Kingdom of God refers to the kingdom of Christian believers while the Kingdom of Heaven refers to the coming earthly kingdom on earth.

Does anyone have anything to say to this?
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2006
Daniel 2:44
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Here human philosophy will be replaced by God's philosophy once and for all.

Daniel 7:18
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Here the literal occupation of the kingdom by God's redeemed takes place after sin and sinners are destroyed.

Matthew 5:3
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Kingdom of heaven or Kingdom of God basically means the same thing. Heaven is a real place with real beings. If we plan to go to heaven then the Kingdom of heaven is where we will live.

When Christ came He came with the spirit of heaven so that we could know how to make a difference between the worldly values, and that of the heavenly values; between what constitutes evil and good.

So in essence Christ came to make us understand what His Father was about, and what was required for us to become apart of the spiritual kingdom of grace, and ultimately the literal kingdom of glory. Thats the essence of the kingdom. At first we must understand who God is before we can live with Him.
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by Oracle(m): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2006
Well the bible has told us that Jesus likened it to many things like the mustard seed, the ten virgins, the sower and many other parables that tells about God's kingdom.
whatever prophecy, revelation or mystery will end up telling us that JESUS IS COMING and we should be ready, so however you view the Kingdom of God, just know that you will be in it someday

did i hear that AMEN?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by omonozozo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2006
The kingdom of God as I know it; is a revolution that will and is taking place in our mind. That is why Jesus said it is at hand, it requires you to be like Christ, to be feeled with love and nothing but love. Love everybody even your enemy, because God is love.
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by Ironside: 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2006
The Kingdom of God has several aspects

a) The kingdom of God could refer to God's universal Kingdom. He is soveriegnly in control of all things either in the physical realm or in the spiritual realm

b) The kingdom of God could refer to the Messianic Kingdom to be established at the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ.

c) The Kingdom of God could refer to the mystery form in which it has taken place in "CHRISTENDOM" It is a Kingdom were the false and the true are in. [the devil planted the false of course]

d) it could refer to the Spiritual kingdom. This refers to all who are genuinely saved and have the Lord as the Lord of their life.

Note: Some of these kingdoms overlap in a particular dispensation. Today in the Church Age, God is king of all the world, He is soveriegnly reigning all over the universe but within this universal kingdom of God there is within it a special kind of kingdom, the spiritual kingdom wherein all truly saved people are in.
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by budaatum: 2:17am On Mar 20, 2019
ukor:
cheesy What are your views about the Kingdom of God?
Re: What Are Your Views About The Kingdom Of God? by Heph001(f): 7:46am On Mar 20, 2019
As Believers, we don't have personal views or opinions about the Kingdom, rather we rely on the Scriptures for the truth.

The Bible has all the answers you seek. Study under the HolyGhost.

(1) (Reply)

Cardinal Ratzinger (b16) Did More Than Anyone To Hold Abusers Accountable / I 'm Happy To Be Exploited By Oyedepo-a Loyal Church Member / Faith Is Not The Absence Of Problems,but The Presence Of God In The Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.