Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle (3689 Views)

I Think I Think Too Much... Is This Normal?? / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2015
hey, erm, never thought I would be doing this, but, I am #sigh # any way I am 18 ,yr 2 in the university. have had acne/pimples since I was 13,wasn't a big deal to me ,had friends who had it too, so you Just laugh at yourselves and life was good. but in the last 3 yrs, seems everyone had a clear skin then it started bothering me, why am I still wit this ish, everyone has moved... blah blah blah. started using stuffs on my face, they worked for some time then stopped. explained to my mum, and she starts giving me reasons why I should shut up and it's my fault, said she is ashamed to take me outside, that if I bath and cream my face, they would disappear but sincerely I have done more than this, nothing is happening. well nowadays I don't feel like doing anything.... erm my pimples have all gone by the way, I am battling with spots. i hate visiting people, I feel like waking up is a chore... I always look forward to night time... but funny enough I don't even sleep. Just browse and browse on stuffs for my face. I now sleep too much during the day. before I started feeling this way, I have always consoled myself with the fact that I am not blind or deaf or down with a bad disease... but this things no longer move me again... I have totally lost control of my life. I want to be happy, I hate feeling like I am melting away from the earth everyday... it's a very terrible feeling.... my mum isn't making things easy for me... refused to allow me see a dermatologist.... in her words. "I can't take you to the hospital cause of ordinary pimples "..she dose not know this "ordinary pimples "are killing me slowly, I have lost weight..she calls me worthless ,anyway I don't blame her cause I have become worthless ,doing my chores isn't easy again. ... I Just don't know how to feel each day, always with a mirror, it's Just to hard to live.... I am tired.

p.s:anyone who can recommend a good derm for me in lagos? would visit one when I resume school. cause not allowed to go out @ home.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 18, 2015
Stop touching your face,the more you keep touching your face the more acne you get.mix damatol hair cream the yellow1 with honey,it fades acne
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2015
Love yourself the way you are, even your imperfections. It is sometimes easier said than done but you should try.

I have a friend who had the same problem. I am based abroad so a doctor prescribed her the anti-baby pill to help her solve the problem and the pimples disappeared. When she wanted to get pregnant and stopped taking the pills, they returned but not so bad anymore. When she became pregnant, they disappeared, and now that she has got a kid, they are gone, seems forever. wink

There is a solution to your problem but don't ANYONE let tell you that it is your fault, it isn't!

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Stop touching your face,the more you keep touching your face the more acne you get.mix damatol hair cream the yellow1 with honey,it fades acne
I have stopped touching. tnx
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 11:56am On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Love yourself the way you are, even your imperfections. It is sometimes easier said than done but you should try.

I have a friend who had the same problem. I am based abroad so a doctor prescribed her the anti-baby pill to help her solve the problem and the pimples disappeared. When she wanted to get pregnant and stopped taking the pills, they returned but not so bad anymore. When she became pregnant, they disappeared, and now that she has got a kid, they are gone, seems forever. wink

There is a solution to your problem but don't ANYONE let tell you that it is your fault, it isn't!

I wish you the best.
Thank you. embarassed
carefreewannabe:

I wish you the best.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by nwaanambra1(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2015
TRY NEO-MEDROL IT WILL CLEAR BOTH SPOT AND PIMPLES FOR U. I THINK ITS SOLD FOR 1K.

FOR DEPRESSION TRY LISTENING TO MUSIC (FAST PACED MUSIC LIKE THOSE SMALL BOYS MUSIC) AND DANCING WHENEVER THE MOOD SETS IN - IT WILL CHEER U UP! ALSO TRY MAKING FRIENDS.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by zeb04(f): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
Uniqueempress use your urine to wash your face every morning,it works.

I started having mine as early as 8yrs old.at 14 I has so many blackspots nd stuff .my elder sis told me about the urine therapy and I started applying it on my face nd right now they are all gone.

You also try applying fresh tomato on your face for the black spot.

8yrs of no acne/pimple trouble.not even a single breakout.

Additional info.urine also helps put wrinkles away. If you find it hard believing me then google it.

Don't use any chemical for your face.they all just bullshit nd a way of getting money.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by bennyrazz: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
zeb04:
Uniqueempress use your urine to wash your face every morning,it works.

Additional info.urine also helps put wrinkles away. If you find it hard believing me then google it.
you don't mean it rflmao
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Try urine, DERMATOL or NIXODERM.

And don't pick and poke at your pimples.

As for the spots, you could use foundation or apply powder.

But most importantly, you need to feel beautiful within and it will radiate on the outside.

smiley
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thanks for your contributions. cry
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
MzNelly:
Try urine, DERMATOL or NIXODERM.

And don't pick and poke at your pimples.

As for the spots, you could use foundation or apply powder.

But most importantly, you need to feel beautiful within and it will radiate on the outside.

smiley
Thanks... powder and foundation helps.. but you know there is nothing like going natural... thank you.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by EfemenaXY: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
A mother shouldn't tell her daughter that she's worthless.

It slowly kills the child's sef esteem.

@OP: Pele. Please don't self-medicate but try and find yourself a good dermatologist. Let a professional take a look at your face and recommend / prescribe the appropriate medication for you.

Now chin up girl! You certainly aren't worthless.

5 Likes

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by misfab(f): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
shee na only pimple dey make u depress ni? nne...take a chill....most of us struggle wit spots n pimples al our lives. dont let it define u. i bet u r beautiful inside out...n thats al that matters. shaa get a gud facial cleanser n make sure u remove ur makeups wit makeup removal always. kiss[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:
A mother shouldn't tell her daughter that she's worthless.

It slowly kills the child's sef esteem.

@OP: Pele. Please don't self-medicate but try and find yourself a good dermatologist. Let a professional take a look at your face and recommend / prescribe the appropriate medication for you.

Now chin up girl! You certainly aren't worthless.
Thank you.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
misfab:
shee na only pimple dey make u depress ni? nne...take a chill....most of us struggle wit spots n pimples al our lives. dont let it define u. i bet u r beautiful inside out...n thats al that matters. shaa get a gud facial cleanser n make sure u remove ur makeups wit makeup removal always. kiss[/color]
Thanks smiley
misfab:
shee na only pimple dey make u depress ni? nne...take a chill....most of us struggle wit spots n pimples al our lives. dont let it define u. i bet u r beautiful inside out...n thats al that matters. shaa get a gud facial cleanser n make sure u remove ur makeups wit makeup removal always. kiss[color=#000099]
Thanks
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by baby124: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
You probably have hormonal issues. Give it time. With age, it will clear up. Nothing you can do. In the mean time, don't touch your face. Wash your hands always, drink lots of water and stay away from oily or fatty foods. Also cut down on the milk or dilute your milk. Acne is one of those things many teenagers and young adults go through. It's nprmal, don't beat yourself up. Also, do without make up for now. And use very light lotions with no oil or fragrance on your face. Go to bodyshop and look for one
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by BlackBaron: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
You're 18, not a kid anymore...go on and see a dermatologist.
Some parents are fond of saying 'ordinary pimples/spots' if only they felt how much it dents your self confidence. undecided

At this stage, a lot of people would start advising you on different creams and what works for them, avoid this. Too much creams and whatnot might lead to permanent hyperpigmentation. See your doctor and then they can advise you best.

5 Likes

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
There's always a compensating attribute. I have noticed that those with acne are usually those with oily skin. Their faces usually over-store oil but the rest of their bodies get the moisture they need. While we with the smooth faces as a result of lesser oil deposits on the face suffer for it on the other body parts. Moisturizing is the only beauty regime we know. Take heart, you will outgrow it. Just keep your hands off your face, wash with a mild soap as often as you could manage, stay off diff products on the face, stick with one natural skin care and watch that you eat less oily foods. You will be fine sweetheart, you will. Just ensure you don't acquire another wahala u would end up contending with as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by 5minsmadness: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
@uniqueempress.
So many advice yeah?
Where to start?

Follow the advice below. Its going to be hard for you cos you want to try out all the chemicals that have been suggested. You won't want to listen to people telling you to stop using chemicals and creams, despite the fact that you have been probably using chemicals and creams for years with no result.

But I strongly advice you to listen to the advice below.

baby124:
You probably have hormonal issues. Give it time. With age, it will clear up. Nothing you can do. In the mean time, don't touch your face. Wash your hands always, drink lots of water and stay away from oily or fatty foods. Also cut down on the milk or dilute your milk. Acne is one of those things many teenagers and young adults go through. It's normal, don't beat yourself up. Also, do without make up for now. And use very light lotions with no oil or fragrance on your face.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by mutter(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
My daughter had i real bad at your age and the skin doctor prescribed her the anti baby pill. But it did not help much till he put her on a mild dose of antibiotics and she had to take that for sometime and the acne went.
Also you can do steam damps to help the pores open.
Also stay away from milk products and sweet things it plays a big role.
Google acne and antibiotics.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Uniqueempress(f): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thank you. feel much better. kiss

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by 5minsmadness: 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
mutter:
My daughter had i real bad at your age and the skin doctor prescribed her the anti baby pill. But it did not help much till he put her on a mild dose of antibiotics and she had to take that for sometime and the acne went.
Also you can do steam damps to help the pores open.
Also stay away from milk products and sweet things it plays a big role.
Google acne and antibiotics.
This too.
Sometimes your acne might be caused by certain kind of bacteria. They are very susceptible to cloxacillin. So a low dose of ampiclox might help.

But see your dermatologist to confirm this.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by veave(f): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
I feel your pain babe. Last year was bad skin year for me. I had so many issues from my face to my chest. I bought a lot of expensive soaps, creams, and tablets. At the end of the day, i took it to God in prayer. He led someone to tell me about perfectil
Buy perfectil skin plus ( it was 4,000naira for a pack last year) i took it religiously. One pack will last a month. Try taking it for 3 months.

I even had to buy soaps as expensive as 1k for a bar. But this year, i told God it has to stop. I'm using the yellow tura supreme right now (100naira for a bar) and this morning, my neighbor said i look real good. I just thank God for that. You can also use bio oil for the spots.

Also try to wash and change your pillowcase regularly, say every 2 days. Use toilet soap to wash your cloths and rinse like 3 times before you spread. If you have a very sensitive skin like i do, then you need to treat your water first with water guard or water care hours before you use it to bath or wash. I do not eat cat fish even though i love it so much. Just check what your skin is allergic to and you'll be okay.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Bwaal(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
pic or i ont believe u
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by mutter(f): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Asked my daughter. She said the antibiotics are good for a start but also-
avoid milk products.
-do not wash your face with soap, only water and then a cleanser and rub dry with cotton pads. Helps with the PH.
-she does a peeling once a week. Washes her face with water and then rubs sugar carefully on her face.

She took Doxy Wollf- I think it is more like tetracycline. for some time.
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by beblessed(f): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
my dear! the kind of acne and pimples I had in my teens eehn, am yet to see on anyone. relax it will clear out. just keep your hands and face clean by washing regularly. DO NOT rub any cream on your face and do not eat groundnut and butter. shalom kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 20, 2015
Uniqueempress:
I have stopped touching. tnx

You do not need a dermatologist at this point. Your GP should be able to prescribe a topical ointment for you.
I suggest you have a look at this website

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acne/Pages/Treatment.aspx
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by soulglo: 3:46am On Jan 20, 2015
Your depression is not from the pimples. It's likely from the ridicule you get from your mother about them. You have to filter all that out. My best friend had pimples all through high school. They did not clear up until her 20s and right now both the pimples and spots are all gone. You could try proactiv if you have access to it. Otherwise, try to do some basic tests to figure out if you have oily, dry or combination skin and then do basic care based on the result. Good luck
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by jaybeyblu: 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
I had serious pimples since I was 12..(mind you dear my mother always yabs me and calls me stone face cheesy) so don't be depressed you are beautiful! last year, I noticed all my pores were blocked with black heads. No single empty pore! it was like my face was manufacturing pimples cheesy so I bought avon clear skin scrub.( u can use any facial scrub that is mild) and I scrub my face with it every 3 days and I saw good results. My pores were open and my face smooth, but if I leave it for about 2 weeks it would be blocked again .so it is a continuos process for us with acne prone skin. Also I take vitamin c 1000mg supplement everyday and it actually heals my skin and brightens it cos I was always pinching it grin . And for the spot remover, my sister introduced me to one Chinese spot remover cream .I bought it at shop rite lekki. The cream is in a white small container with a brown cover. I don't know the name because it is written in Chinese. Within one week all my spots cleared.( please don't rub it all over your face ! just specially rub it on the spots only) it works like magic the cream is about 800 naira. Now my skin is smooth as ever no spots . Also every weekend try and steam your face . wink thank me later!
Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hi dear,really sorry aout your acne and I think you'll outgrow it. Concerning your depression I really think you should try to have positive mind and not believe what people tell u u are..rather believe that you are what you are..some mothers do say stuffs that hurt their kids but that's life for you..you should develop a thick skin towards what she says..take it with a pinch of salt..love yourself the way you are inside out..happiness comes from within..at least your alive not dead..make friends..or better still be your own friend..you are 18..and you are totally responsible for how you feel..alright..enough of my babbling..cheer up sweetie..God doesn't think you are worthless..me neither.

1 Like

Re: Acne And Depression :: Think ,i Have Lost The Battle by dingbang(m): 5:03am On Aug 29, 2018
Uniqueempress:
hey, erm, never thought I would be doing this, but, I am #sigh # any way I am 18 ,yr 2 in the university. have had acne/pimples since I was 13,wasn't a big deal to me ,had friends who had it too, so you Just laugh at yourselves and life was good. but in the last 3 yrs, seems everyone had a clear skin then it started bothering me, why am I still wit this ish, everyone has moved... blah blah blah. started using stuffs on my face, they worked for some time then stopped. explained to my mum, and she starts giving me reasons why I should shut up and it's my fault, said she is ashamed to take me outside, that if I bath and cream my face, they would disappear but sincerely I have done more than this, nothing is happening. well nowadays I don't feel like doing anything.... erm my pimples have all gone by the way, I am battling with spots. i hate visiting people, I feel like waking up is a chore... I always look forward to night time... but funny enough I don't even sleep. Just browse and browse on stuffs for my face. I now sleep too much during the day. before I started feeling this way, I have always consoled myself with the fact that I am not blind or deaf or down with a bad disease... but this things no longer move me again... I have totally lost control of my life. I want to be happy, I hate feeling like I am melting away from the earth everyday... it's a very terrible feeling.... my mum isn't making things easy for me... refused to allow me see a dermatologist.... in her words. "I can't take you to the hospital cause of ordinary pimples "..she dose not know this "ordinary pimples "are killing me slowly, I have lost weight..she calls me worthless ,anyway I don't blame her cause I have become worthless ,doing my chores isn't easy again. ... I Just don't know how to feel each day, always with a mirror, it's Just to hard to live.... I am tired.

p.s:anyone who can recommend a good derm for me in lagos? would visit one when I resume school. cause not allowed to go out @ home.
hey sup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This The Reason Why Married Men Cheat? / Pressure To Marry Early / Hot Tempered Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.