Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,767 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50483 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by grandstar(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
circumnavigate and yamhead
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by otiigba1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
OSMOSIS! undecided
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DesChyko: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pneumonoultamicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioisis
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Bibol:
Pharmacokinetic
Prophylaxis
Neutropenia
Neutropenia is an abnormally low
level of neutrophils, a type of
white blood cell.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Goahead(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hmmmm
Rotavator
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tintinnabulation

This is my favorite word. Very onomatopoeic. smiley
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by emiye(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Buharistic
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by bobbyANSELEM: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
DanceVille:
Pneumonia:Inflammation of one or both lungs.
Ultra:Beyond.
Microscopic:So small as to be visible only with a microscope.
pls brO I NID YA HELP O i wana open a thread, under health hw would i do that pls i'm new herecry
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nichobabe(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thank you OP, I can see you want to create more Patrick Obahiagbon in Nairaland. grin grin grin

Appreciated. Nice one
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tolutweety(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
ceejayluv:
Pulchritude...
Can't forget it,even if i forget others

Pulchritude = beautiful

~~Akeelah n the Bee~~

4 Likes

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by austinbrown: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Orijin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by easystudy101: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Stealer
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
delors:
Heard this from my close pal while presenting in my final year

TINTINNABULATE

Everyone just died...and woke up after 3hrs. It actually exists... cheesy

That's my word! I learned it from an Edgar Allan Poe poem called "The Bells"!

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by otiigba1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mallamaminukano! grin > grin angry
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by 0b1nna: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
alberto2k:

Awesome Dp... You're beautiful
And
Those hot thighs dey give dem boiz an erect.ion Iswear grin

Bro I dey believe your eagle eyes!

As I see akwa ibom for her location I rush go park make I buy AKTC ticket to Uyo str8, then I come see Enugu, na so confusion come hold me. grin

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by wtfCode: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
'conjigated'
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Miasma/ macabre/ catholicity/
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by distilledwalex(m): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Bibol:
Pharmacokinetic
Prophylaxis
Neutropenia

we are not talking about some medical jargons here...
you could add neutrophilia to make d list complete.. or pharmacodynamic
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Jchi9876: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Irunobo
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by AdeniyiA(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
quadraplegical cool
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by adbokus(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Bleep!
NB: Doesn't have anything to do with sex!
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by abdrazak: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sacrosanct
Jeopardy
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by mystique18(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
tintinnabulation...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
LarrySun:
Jejune.

Most people have never heard of the word, but it's right there in the dictionary.

Dull, lacking nutritional value. tongue.

Tyro
Recidivist
Vicissitude
Tergiversate
Quixotic
Panegyrize
Catharsis
Myrmidon
Persnickety
Modish

Brb.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by piagetskinner(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
oomph
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
otiigba1:
OSMOSIS! undecided
special case of diffusion that
involves the movement of. water
molecules across a membrane

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by 4stylz: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gej-till-2019
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by dechandel(f): 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Beennkumar:
Rajulisation and Fahranitrate. embarassed
Welldone grin

3 Idiots tongue

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
DanceVille:
Hey Guys....

Drop an English word that will make someone to check d dictionary..

I mean an English word that people wouldn't believe it Exists in the Dictionary..

Mine is "Table d'hôte"..
DaZion:
Mine is..."Laissez-faire"

That's French...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Dotwillis1(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Joie de vivre

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Zidane199(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hw about d longest word in english language. (Pneu-mono-ultra-microscopic-silico-volcano-coniosis) = its an illness cause by d dust frm a volcano. I knw most pple neva heard of dis word b4...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions / Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / UNN: 50-Year-Old Chimpanzee Dies In University Of Nigeria Nsukka Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.