Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50498 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Onegai(f): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Joshuadon:
Sobriquet
Moniker
Appellation

Clever way of saying Names smiley and I'll raise you one:

Onomaetopeia

Faustian

Utopia

Agrarian

Spurious

Complaisance

Discourse
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tolutweety(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Beennkumar:
Rajulisation and Fahranitrate. embarassed

RAJUlisation & FAHRANitrate.

They are names of my pals RAJU and FAHRAN

~~3 idiots ~~

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by leadertext: 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Iglidipidiglidy
Raja
Quay
Ocytocin
Spleen
....scrabble playerz cool

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by weedfada(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Omo see as dis OP just make me dey jack dictionary dis evening! angry
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Alexisu: 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
concierge. Dats my own.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by effervescent(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is d current longest word in English Language. Its a medical condition. A respiratory ailment 2 b precise.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by pricelessm(f): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Let me TITIVATE i will come bak grin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by olaposer(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jonacorrupt means jonathan is corrupt president
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Cfamoz: 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Archaic....laxity.....axiomatic....gullible....prattle...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by coolebux(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Flibbertigibbert

Awol

Effete

Oblivion

Affictionado

. .. ... .... .....Loadig
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:
Tintinnabulation

This is my favorite word. Very onomatopoeic. smiley
that lingering sound after u struck a bell i.e tintinnabulation
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
kendrick9:
that lingering sound after u struck a bell i.e tintinnabulation

If you like poetry, I'll quote the poem where I learned it from.

By the way, can you spot the grammatical error in my last sentence? cheesy
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by baybeeboi: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
did SELENAqueensy hear me say Nonsense?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by lasrondo: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Febuhari
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by effervescent(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pusillanimous, pertinacious, paraphernalia, reclacitrant
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by SachaelMaris(m): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by dechandel(f): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Fav
oured234
Minicious
Tris
haP
Dechan.del
Metempsychosis
HardOn
Uncle. Your words has got no dictionary meaning tongue
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by bukkyaye: 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pachycephalosaur
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Onegai(f): 7:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:
Tintinnabulation

This is my favorite word. Very onomatopoeic. smiley

"Haha" I cried out smiley

How marvellous. We must (a select few) meet up somewhere from Nairaland and make up a convival party.

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by infocabal(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
lollapalooza
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by SEYIOKE: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Y[quote author=DanceVille post=29904587.
Tyro
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by stopdat: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
bronchocostriction
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by effervescent(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Soigne, "quid pro quo"
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ceejay80: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Seun - nairaland
pls no ban me o! I just checked the meaning of nairaland in google and it displayed seun
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by SELENAqueensy(f): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
baybeeboi:
did SELENAqueensy hear me say Nonsense?

What's that?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Onegai:

"Haha" I cried out smiley

How marvellous. We must (a select few) meet up somewhere from Nairaland and make up a convival party.

That would be SO MUCH FUN cheesy
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by cuteness01: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Imbroglio
nicompoop
laparotomy
Serendipitous
incognito
conceit
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by MAIZAMANI(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
CoiƄus interruptus
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Bode2: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
malady
kleptomaniac
glee.
pensive.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Em guys I knw say una nor book welu welu but abeg african me like me way be olodo no fit read all this so abeg make una dey also writ am fo pigin thank u
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by wise7(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Beennkumar:
Rajulisation and Fahranitrate. embarassed
u must be a fan of 3 idiots
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Mutuwa(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
delors:

Guy I throway salute o... shocked
The last word there means to search or navigate...
You relate to Obahiagbon? Abi na your neighbour?

Ah ahahahaha...no! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

UNN: 50-Year-Old Chimpanzee Dies In University Of Nigeria Nsukka Zoo / Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / Nigeria Immigration Shortlisted Names For 2015 Recruitment CBT EXAM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.