Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,771 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard (4800 Views)

UNICAL Lecturer Sexually Harasses 16-Year-Old Girl / A Lecturer In Unical (political Science) Gives Students The Shock Of Their Life / Over Admission In Unical: As Heads Of Departments Rejects Some Freshers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Aspireahead(m): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cross section of students at the event that was
disrupted
A religious clash was averted in the University of
Calabar yesterday, as members of the Muslim
Student’s Society of Nigeria, MSSN were holding
their annual Muslim week celebration as part of the
2014/2015 academic session student’s week in
Malabor square.
The event which holds annually in the school is
organized by the Muslim Student’s in the University
campus and was on going as planned until one of
the invited Islam cleric started making statements
that the Christian students termed as ‘blasphemy’
and an insult on their religion.
A student who didn’t give his name told our
correspondent that the students got angry and
drove away the Muslim students and the preacher
after the Islamic cleric who was the guest lecturer
referred to Jesus as a ‘bastard’.
When the SUG President of UNICAL, Emmanuel
Ajang, who was at the Obudu cattle ranch for
another activity in the student’s week was
contacted, he maintained that “Actually it was not
part of the student’s week anyway; it is unfortunate
it happened during our student’s week. In our
students week the usual practice is an excursion to
the ranch so I was not on campus when the
incident happened, so we are all here at the ranch.
“I was not on campus but I got the information but
my reaction is that it is very unfortunate for a muslin
cleric to come and start blasphemy Jesus on
campus, I know we all have to freedom of worship
but it is as much as we have that rights, our rights
ends where another person’s right begins”.
Continuing, he said, “I feel it was wrong for the
Muslim cleric to make those blasphemous
statements especially in an environment mostly
crowded by Christians, however when I get back to
Calabar I will get proper details of what happened
and we will do a formal reaction”.
http://crossriverwatch.com/2015/01/religious-crises-averted-in-unical-as-muslim-cleric-calls-jesus-bastard/
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by umar745(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Very stupid cleric.

8 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by ShakurM(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Even Jesus na our prophet!
This cleric has smoked sometin angry

15 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by baybeeboi: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
some of this Muslims sha
as dem few reach for Cross River
isokay..............watching in HD

2 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Ajibam: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
ShakurM:
Even Jesus na our prophet!
This cleric has smoked sometin angry
Your prophet!
He is my God!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by ShakurM(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ajibam:

Your prophet!
He is my God!
I argue? angry

21 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by TunjiMsp: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ajibam:

Your prophet!
He is my God!
he is a prophet, and not a god.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Huffington: 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
TunjiMsp:
JESUS S GOD. Deal with it.

14 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by TunjiMsp: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Huffington:
JESUS S GOD. Deal with it.
. Do you have 3 biological fathers? Deal with it
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shey u see all this How dare him. That idiot cleric should be drinking perpper thro the anus! Is he mad? Or just trying to be
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Zaikon(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
That Cleric isn't a Muslim. Stupidity of the highest grade.

11 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Ajibam: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
TunjiMsp:
Yes, he is not a god but a God..

16 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Ajibam: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Zaikon:
That Cleric isn't a Muslim. Stupidity of the highest grade.
So, are you trying to say the story is false?
Can't you see the link, drop sentiments and condemn the intolerance in your "professed" religion of "peace"

3 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by HzRF(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
A cleric for that matter

Why openly rubbish Mohammed thinking u are doing that to God
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Ajibam: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
If it were the opposite, a man of God insulting muhammad, hell would have broke lose, a perfect example is what happened in France concerning the newspaper company Charlie hebdo!

https://www.nairaland.com/2099041/islam-muslims-burn-churches-niger

17 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Fribery: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
it seems no sense is in his head!

1 Like

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by dahunsy(f): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
coughs*** clears throat
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Zaikon(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ajibam:

So, are you trying to say the story is false?
Can't you see the link, drop sentiments and condemn the intolerance in your "professed" religion of "peace"
bro. Imagine how u miss_undstood my comment. What I meant is that a #Muslim will never tag. Jesus with anything of such manner . But u endup speaking out your mind.

7 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by generalissimo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
If it had been a Christian cleric who had made such blasphemous statement, heads would have rolled. Muslims would have had their excuse to commit murder in the name of protecting their religion. God help us!

15 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by kheart(m): 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Quite suprising though cos no muslim ll insult jesus no mata wat, ur faith is nt complete as a muslim if u don't. Bliv in jesus.

6 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Nutase: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
allahu akbar
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
And somebody couldn't roll out an ak47

Christians too timid for my liking.

Bleep with the ancestors and have your skulls choped off.

Tit for tat!

6 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by sunkoye: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
The cleric must have been an overzealous illiterate. Forthwith, they should get sum1 with good records of religious liberalism.

Besides this is what happens wen cleric takes plastic ORIJIN. .. grin
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by hayzed14(m): 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
A Muslim cleric will never call Jesus "peace be upon him" (pbuh) a bastard,never.Jesus pbuh to us is a Muslim,Muslim means to submit to God will,He is a noble messenger of God,in the Quran Allah called him the messiah,part of being a Muslim is the must to believe in jesus pbuh.
Do you know he was mentioned 25 tyms in d Quran compared to mohammed mentioned only 5
Do you know that the most honourable woman in Islam is Marian (Mary)
Do you know God dedicated a whole chapter in the Quran for the mother of Jesus pbuh
Do you know that Mary was mentioned in the Quran 32 tyms compared to 18 tyms in the bible
Do you know that the most number of people named Jesus pbuh are Muslim (Isa)
This is Jesus pbuh in islam ,we honour him ,respect him,we follow his teachings.He is our role model

7 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by yomalex(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
You mean he called Prophet Isa a .....
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by yomalex(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
You mean he called 'Prophet' Isa a .....
Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by ephemm(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
What annoys me is that we can't tolerate one another.

Learn to respect the religion of others, just as Pope Francis said, "your insult my mother, I punch ur face".

To truly practise ur religion, u must have great respect for the belief of others.

Whether Christian, Jews, Muslim or Buddhist, none promotes insulting others to propagate it.

Even on this thread, U already see the hatred, this is not what Christ preached. My Grandmother is a devoted muslim, but by embracing her belief and taking part in sallah, I have been able to invite her to my church during harvest.

Ur religion is best preached by ur behaviour.
QED.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Daniel058(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
I no blame am sha... U know who I blame??

1 Like

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by thewarrior72: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
As a tolerant faith as Christianity, the students shouldn't have reacted badly or try to beat up the cleric, simple thing to do is to pickup pen or pencil & paper & draw pedo-phile-muhammed & 72 virgin by his side or draw him carrying AK47 with Charlie hebdos head & see how the madman will react. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by bro4u: 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
if it was the other way round against mohamed they would have turn everywhere upside down.
[quote author=TunjiMsp post=29907351]he is a prophet, and not a god.
As for yhu your foolishness shall last IJN

4 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by GovWahala: 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
And if someone else had said Muhamad is a Bast*rd, the muslims will have unleashed Violence on innocent people.

5 Likes

Re: Religious Crises Averted In UNICAL As Muslim Cleric Calls Jesus Bastard by Fringes(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
hayzed14:
A Muslim cleric will never call Jesus "peace be upon him" (pbuh) a bastard,never.Jesus pbuh to us is a Muslim,Muslim means to submit to God will,He is a noble messenger of God,in the Quran Allah called him the messiah,part of being a Muslim is the must to believe in jesus pbuh.
Do you know he was mentioned 25 tyms in d Quran compared to mohammed mentioned only 5
Do you know that the most honourable woman in Islam is Marian (Mary)
Do you know God dedicated a whole chapter in the Quran for the mother of Jesus pbuh
Do you know that Mary was mentioned in the Quran 32 tyms compared to 18 tyms in the bible
Do you know that the most number of people named Jesus pbuh are Muslim (Isa)
This is Jesus pbuh in islam ,we honour him ,respect him,we follow his teachings.He is our role model

Awesome!

God bless your liberal heart hayzed. Amen!

*N.B: I'm a Christian - half Catholic, half RCCG - but hayzed's comment above is excellent, especially as he seems to be a Muslim.

#ReligiousTolerance is an important virtue that we must imbibe and live with, especially in the glorious dawn that awaits us in the post-GEJ/PDP era with Mohammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo at the helm of our National affairs.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike From 14th August 2017-Vangaurd / NOUN Project Topics & Research Materials | Download Final Year Project Materials / I Got 193 In JAMB I Want To Study Medicine In Uniport, What Do I Do? (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.