Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (146948 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2010
@TKB,
Omo u got taste, I dey feel that your  machine ¤ that pool side too will make a good get together joint for awon boiz ¤
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
cecegorz:

@TKB,
Omo u got taste, I dey feel that your  machine ¤ that pool side too will make a good get together joint for awon boiz ¤

Awon boiz abi awon gals grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
@Cecegorz
That's something I'm looking @ next year. Ill probably draw a list of Gurus on Nairaland based on 9ja (male and female)for a get together. Make I see my Oga AJ and my personal person Jarus

Maybe that Easter weekend sha! Ill talk to Jarus about it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2010
netotse:

it's not only girls o. . .i don begin dey wonder whether female militants don kidnap tkb for calabar o. . .
lolol no mind am!

tkb417:

@Tolu
No vex ma! Na somethn dey put me outta reach. So wa alright?

im aight. . . looking at bigger things this coming year
AjanleKoko:

Sorry Tolu, I didn't get this msg on time. Nice to know you're unbanned though. Try not to run foul of the law oh  grin

dont mind them oh, i dint do anything wrong , i swear! embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
tkb417:

@Cecegorz
That's something I'm looking @ next year. Ill probably draw a list of Gurus on Nairaland based on 9ja (male and female)for a get together. Make I see my Oga AJ and my personal person Jarus

Maybe that Easter weekend sha! Ill talk to Jarus about it.

The agent provocateurs on this thread def need to get together. . .  at least the ones in naija.
And you don't need to wait till Easter. Name the place, anywhere in Lag, drinks and small chops is on me wink I am currently not in town, but will be back by next weekend. tkb, you kuku get my digits.
Though ideally we should get Criz on board, as the founding madre of the thread. Give us a shout when you can, luv smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2010
^^^
Aaah haaa!

At least i set the ball rolling by moving the motion.
Criz, had really abandoned her baby. Come back ma'am, it's time to jubiliate.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2011
as per the meet-up, as long as it's on a weekend and there's palmwine being served i'm in grin

@thread
mennnn. . .i cant wait for this season to be over. I want to start work already.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
netotse:

as per the meet-up, as long as it's on a weekend and there's palmwine being served i'm in grin

@thread
mennnn. . .i cant wait for this season to be over. I want to start work already.

Palmy? Haven't tasted that for a very long time.
If you guys are good to go, I know just the place grin

Lucky you, all rearing to go on your new job. I am on a loooooong vacation, and am in no hurry to be back. Even thinking of extending my stay abroad sef.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2011
Happy New year to Ajanlekoko, Netotse, TKB, Jarus, Dayokanu, OYB, odunnu, Tolu, Crist, , and others.

2011 sounds promising **wink***

I'm also in for the meet-up o, at least I can physically learn from the feet of the Masters like Ajanlekoko. Let's know how everyone is going to be involved.

Anybody on Twitter ?
Re: Welcome To My Office by july21st(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2011
sorry, cant participate cos i dont have a job YET,even though am a graduate, and belive very much in my abilities
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hey guys, this is a new dawn!

[size=14pt]Happy new year y'all[/size]

Olori oko got the new year cracking with the first ever official mail of the year, early this morning.

The much expected pepper don rest  grin   cheesy  cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
cecegorz:

Hey guys, this is a new dawn!

[size=14pt]Happy new year y'all[/size]

Olori oko got the new year cracking with the first ever official mail of the year, early this morning.

The much expected pepper don rest grin cheesy cool

Na OPE be that ooo.

Happy New Year to one and all!!!.

Back in the office today, my calednar is deceptively free grin I can catch up on the work I was supposed to do over the holidays that I didn't do!.
Enjoy the first week of the year at work everybody!.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2011
Jcob:

Happy New year to Ajanlekoko, Netotse, TKB, Jarus, Dayokanu, OYB, odunnu, Tolu, Crist, , and others.

Happy New Year Jcob

Happy New Year Everone!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Happy New Year peeps!

though its the 4th, im still on some extended break off work tho, good stuff cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
New year new Job for me
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
Wow Candylips, congrats.
Na dis kain tori I wan dey hear.

What's the work environment like? So far so good yeah?
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
yes my first day at work was cool.

am loving the new environment. more relaxed than my last place
Re: Welcome To My Office by babyx(f): 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
Happy New Year people!!!

, u guys havent resumed for the year? cool smiley anyways i have, but am not happy with the industry, am officially uninterested in what goes on here (i work with an Investment firm in 9ja). Having taken stock of my last 2 years with this firm, i realised that my Pensions have been deducted but not a kobo has been remitted to my PFA! should i report Anonymous to PENCOM? undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by flexxydan: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2011
New year promo snd bulksms 1000 units @3k, snd ova 1k fone nums oda services available call 08059213549,ping 254F057E,kindly forward,buz only!
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 12:32am On Jan 08, 2011
babyx:

Happy New Year people!!!

, u guys havent resumed for the year? cool smiley anyways i have, but am not happy with the industry, am officially uninterested in what goes on here (i work with an Investment firm in 9ja). Having taken stock of my last 2 years with this firm, i realised that my Pensions have been deducted but not a kobo has been remitted to my PFA! should i report Anonymous to PENCOM? undecided
doesn't you PFA send you statements quarterly?. . .ours even have online accounts something sef. . .i think reporting to PENCOM would be an overkill, why dont you ask how far first?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2011
babyx:

Happy New Year people!!!

u can contact your PFA, they will tell u what the deal is

PENCOM is a long thing, plus they may not be able to help u
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2011
To everybody,

I want to get an MBA and was considering relocating for that reason problem is, I don't want to anymore (if I can help it).
So I'm currently thinking about getting an online MBA and I need valuable info first.

- Is anyone undergoing such at the mo?
- How difficult is it?
- Does it make any sense?

babyx:

Happy New Year people!!!

Having taken stock of my last 2 years with this firm, i realised that my Pensions have been deducted but not a kobo has been remitted to my PFA! should i report Anonymous to PENCOM? undecided

What!!! Sounds like someone in your org has been dipping fingers in the cookie jar.
Like the previous posters have said, u shld ask those responsible in your office first, might be a mixup.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
@tollu,

My wife is currently doing an online MBA (I like to call it distance learning).
I think it is not really difficult, but you need to devote a bit of time to it. For most people, working in Lagos conditions, that could be reasonably hectic if your job is stressful and demanding of time. Asides that, I'm all for it, since you can do it and work at the same time, and just bother about paying tuition fees, as opposed to leaving your job and having to worry about living expenses. Go for it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
It's been long I posted here, but read through all new posts now.

First, yours sincerely left the bachelor(TKB et al grin) club on January 2nd at Ilorin and joined the Ajanlekoko club. Boss spoiled my honeymoon by not approving my leave, saying the auditors are coming in this week and he can't afford not to have me around.

I may not be posting from this office by the end of 2011, as I'm determined this time around to make a career move. I'm serious this time around, never mind teh fact that I've always said this.

On the get-together, you guessed right, I'm in and available for the planning.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
I forgot: Someone was talking about his pension not remitted. Reporting to PENCOM is overreaction at this time, and I'm not sure it will even help. Being in charge of Pension in my company, I have staff whose pension we remitted as long as after one year of their service. One common reason for this is that their PFA may not have been set up in our system(especially if you're teh first and only one one using it in your coy) and we may not be able to process the deduction for payment. Another possible reason is that your RSA details may have issues or you may not have given it to them. In all of these, all the accumulated deductions will be remitted into your RSA as soon as sorted out. But 1 year is appearing too long.

That said, I can't rule out your Finance dept deliberately not remitting your Pension deductions(and that of others) due to liquidity issue, where they will prefer to use your pension for other prioritized things. But they should be ready to pay penalty for defaulting.

In any case, rather than take it from Pencom, just go to your Finance/HR(wherever the function resides) and seek to know why your pension has not been remitted.
Re: Welcome To My Office by mrjingles(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2011
Everybody has to be vigilant as far as this pension issue is concerned, There is a case of a microfinance bank that went bust after 4yrs of operation and the staff discovered that not a kobo had been remitted to any of their accounts. My recommendation is the same as that of former president Ronald Reagan:"Trust, but verify" After all this is Nigeria where over 40billion in DB funds vanished and nothing happened. Make una shine eye o!
Re: Welcome To My Office by babyx(f): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2011
@Jarus congrats on the new marital status, @Mrjingles, na my eye i dey shine wey this matter dey worry me so @Tollu, i don ask tire, @ netotse, yeah i get my statements + i can access my account online

I need mention at this point that i work in the Admin/HR Dept, as in closely to the HOD! i have spoken to my boss countless times over on this matter, but it appears He is not able to resound at the Mgt meetings the importance of remitting Staff Pensions.
I keep and maintain all staff PFA details and the remittance schedule that applys to these firms but not for once in the last 22mths have we paid a dime to these accounts, we have funds that am certain of as am privileged to access my company's' cash position on a weekly basis! unfortunately am a middle mgt staff and my voice cant do much to ensure that remittance are made. Nobody is taking funds illegally but my Mgt team is shortsighted in terms of Staff welfare!

My worry is that i have worked 24mths here and every time i log into my Pension account online am sad to see that the bottom line is not increasing :-(

i dont know what else to do undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
Then, something is amiss. The company is just being lackadaisical about and it has serious implication. They will incur penalty whenever they pay. And I also hope it's a viable company, not a mushroom MFB else it may pack up one day and the whole pension lost.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
@ Babyx
Wow. Do the anonymous PENCOM deal jor but while you r at it make sure u start to look for other jobs.

AjanleKoko:

@tollu,

My wife is currently doing an online MBA (I like to call it distance learning).
I think it is not really difficult, but you need to devote a bit of time to it. For most people, working in Lagos conditions, that could be reasonably hectic if your job is stressful and demanding of time. Asides that, I'm all for it, since you can do it and work at the same time, and just bother about paying tuition fees, as opposed to leaving your job and having to worry about living expenses. Go for it.

Online MBA/Distance Learning: Saaamuu nii
Tnx for ur response bossman (I know u hate dat but hahaha)

Does anybody have any thing to add. Please, I need as much info. as I can get. Thanks guys

P.S Congrats on ur new status Jarus, that's the club to be.
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
Congratulations Jarus on your new status, expect your midsection to increase by 5 inches soonest lol!

As per Pension Fund, issh . I worked at First Atlantci Bank now First Inladn for over 7 years, Nothing was remitted on my behalf, Pensino NHF NSITF everything down the drain, I went back to HR to talk with them afetr I resigned, na story dem dey tell me!. O su mi ojere.! while you are working there shine your eye oo.

If no one is fixing it, you better escalate and report your oragnization; does PENCOM have a confidential escalation process. alot of companies will avoid payin gor delay paying whenever they can.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jarus:

It's been long I posted here, but read through all new posts now.

First, yours sincerely left the bachelor(TKB et al grin) club on January 2nd at Ilorin and joined the Ajanlekoko club. Boss spoiled my honeymoon by not approving my leave, saying the auditors are coming in this week and he can't afford not to have me around.

I may not be posting from this office by the end of 2011, as I'm determined this time around to make a career move. I'm serious this time around, never mind teh fact that I've always said this.

On the get-together, you guessed right, I'm in and available for the planning.

Congrats Jarus.
It's definitely going to be a different year for you. I foresee you adding a few kgs and becoming a tad less able to keep order in the Politics section grin
Madam go soon screen your online time cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
I foresee you adding a few kgs

angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.