Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers (7416 Views)

Cartoon By Punch Newspaper On President Buhari's Constant Travelling / Chief Of Army Staff Doing Push Ups With Soldiers(photo) / FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
This is a picture from an article in a London newspaper talking about how Muhammadu Buhari used his soldiers to brutalize traders and force them into lowering the prices of their commodities (even below cost price, resulting in massive losses) during his "Essential Commodities" misadventure.

So, now I get it. When Buhari was talking about "diversifying" our economy using the Army, Navy and Airforce, this is exactly what he was talking about - using the soldiers to brutalize citizens. This is what you get from a man with zero knowledge regarding Commerce and Economics. A man who knows nothing about demand-and-supply dynamics is too unintelligent to know that oil price is not "stabilized" using force.

I've said it and will say it again: Buhari is another NORTH KOREA waiting to happen.

End

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by midolian(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Do u even hav an idea of what democracy is? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Ngwakwe: 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:
This is a picture from an article in a London newspaper talking about how Muhammadu Buhari used his soldiers to brutalize traders and force them into lowering the prices of their commodities (even below cost price, resulting in massive losses) during his "Essential Commodities" misadventure.

So, now I get it. When Buhari was talking about "diversifying" our economy using the Army, Navy and Airforce, this is exactly what he was talking about - using the soldiers to brutalize citizens. This is what you get from a man with zero knowledge regarding Commerce and Economics. A man who knows nothing about demand-and-supply dynamics is too unintelligent to know that oil price is not "stabilized" using force.

I've said it and will say it again: Buhari is another NORTH KOREA waiting to happen.

End

When I narrated my experience in respect to Buhari's regime, the adolescents on the board who never witnessed the regime except Internet concoctions insulted me because I touched on the deadly regime of their idol - Buhari

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
midolian:
Do u even hav an idea of what democracy is? undecided

I think you should ask Buhari that question, the Mr. "I Will Jail All Kworrapt Fiffles".

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
On reading the article, I see a man that warned top civil servants against misusing their offices. I see a man that ensured that merchants don't take advantage of the scarce commodities to make excessive profit at the expense of the public. Op thank you very much for the article. We need regulation in our commerce and trade sectors. Sai Buhari

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Ngwakwe: 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Barcanista, is this not my story?

Experience can never be substituted with google information.

See my narrative as it happened then:

Ngwakwe:

How old are you? Can you tell us the situational report then in your locality? How was life and economic activities in your area as at then?

Buhari's regime was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode in Eastern Nigeria that depended on trade and commerce while Industries in Aba were suffocated by ragtag economic policies of the unwired general

Let any professor come here to disprove my narrative on how we enjoyed Buharinomics

Buhari sent his Karki boys to invade retail shops in Aba to sell "daily need items" from private shops at a price they deemed justified.

The truth is that he never invaded nor negotiated with companies and suppliers to force controlled prices rather they used koboko on poor retailers thereby forcing most Stores to sell at night or through back doors.

As a result of the threats from the karki boys most shops ran out of supplies or refused to restock for fear of Soldiers who lacked simple knowledge of economics.

The result was scarcity upon scarcity.

We really suffered.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by anonimi: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thanks OP for digging up this informative article as part of the necessary background check and exhaustive scrutiny of this applicant for our nation's #1 job. Please share any other that you may come across.

I guess the pensioner had this economic strategy grin in mind when he said HE will stabilise crude oil price.
Dumb is what dumb does always, whether he is young or old.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
God will never allow us witness such period again in Jesus name, Amen! Forward Forever!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by midolian(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

I think you should ask Buhari that question, the Mr. "I Will Jail All Kworrapt Fiffles".
no offence but why r u scared? Are u corrupt? Or r ur parents corrupt? Well if u/they are, I ll have to advice u to be very carefuL cos the General will emerge as the winner of the forthcomin presidential election..and u knw what that means

12 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
barcanista:
On reading the article, I see a man that warned top civil servants against misusing their offices. I see a men that ensured that merchants don't take advantage of the scarce commodities to make excessive profit at the expense of the public. Op thank you very much for the article. We need regulation in our commerce and trade sectors. Sai Buhari

I'm sorry, but your attempt at image laundering has failed.
When you talk of merchants taking advantage of 'scarcity', do you mean the same scarcity brought about by the sanctions imposed on Nigerians as a result of Buhari's foreign policy records?

When developing countries are focused on deregulating their trade sectors and enabling a 'Free Market' environment buoyed by capitalism and hardwork, you advocate for more government meddling and regulation?

God forbid us going back to the archaic economic policies.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
midolian:
no offence but why r u scared? Are u corrupt? Or r ur parents corrupt? Well if u/they are, I ll have to advice u to be very carefuL cos the General will emerge as the winner of the forthcomin presidential election..and u knw what that means

Abeg, face the topic of discussion and shove your empty, unintelligent strawman arguments where the sun don't shine.
The thread here focuses on Buhari's economically retrogressive communist policies. If you have nothing useful pertaining to the topic under review, kindly head to the Romance section and engage your fellow teens who would entertain you.

21 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by midolian(m): 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

Abeg, face the topic of discussion and shove your empty, unintelligent strawman arguments where the sun don't shine.
The thread here focuses on Buhari's economically retrogressive communist policies. If you have nothing useful pertaining to the topic under review, kindly head to the Romance section and engage your fellow teens who would entertain you.
where on earth did u copy dis frm? Choi! U go still speak dis vocabs for kirikiri if buhari enter so?

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

When I narrated my experience in respect to Buhari's regime, the adolescents on the board who never witnessed the regime except Internet concoctions insulted me because I touched on the deadly regime of their idol - Buhari

We know them too well - Little impressionable teens swayed more by propaganda than common sense.
You'll find them mainly on El-Rufai's Facebook page where they happily celebrate their ignorance.

15 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by IDEApro(m): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

When I narrated my experience in respect to Buhari regime, the adolescents on the board who never witnessed the regime except Internet concoctions insulted me because I touched on the deadly regime of their idol - Buhari

Buhari is the kind of leader who will summon the Central Bank Governor and instruct him to print more money for expenditure

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by jesusit: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
The likes of Buhari are sentenced to life in prison in other countries. From South American, Asia and even here in Africa, people want nothing to do with his kind.

6 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by dguyindcorner(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
BUHARI TO THE RESCUE.

GMB/PYO TILL 2023

AMBODE FOR LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR

9 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by dguyindcorner(m): 11:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
jesusit:
The likes of Buhari are sentenced to life in prison in other countries. From South American, Asia and even here in Africa, people want nothing to do with his kind.

and the likes of GEJ are beheaded.

12 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 11:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
IDEApro:

Buhari is the kind of leader who will summon the Central Bank Governor and instruct him to print more money for expenditure

That's exactly who he is. No glossy PR propaganda can change it.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by dguyindcorner(m): 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

We know them too well - Little impressionable teens swayed more by propaganda than common sense.
You'll find them mainly on El-Rufai's Facebook page where they happily celebrate their ignorance.

You are the ignoramus here. Nigerians are now wiser.

Anything but GEJ TILL 2023

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by jesusit: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
dguyindcorner:

and the likes of GEJ are beheaded.

After Buhari is hung in the public square like Mussolini

1 Like

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

When you talk of merchants taking advantage of 'scarcity', do you mean the same scarcity brought about by the sanctions imposed on Nigerians as a result of Buhari's foreign policy records?

When developing countries are focused on deregulating their trade sectors and enabling a 'Free Market' environment buoyed by capitalism and hardwork, you advocate for more government meddling and regulation?

you aren't making sense. Only thieves and greedy people criticizes Buhari's policy on trade. Thanks to Buhari our economy grew massively. It is very simple, whoever desire to make excessive profits on commodity have no business in Nigeria. A capitalist state create two class of group, the Very rich and the Very poor. The Very rich make their money at the expense of the very poor. Muhammadu Buhari policy was to ensure that business owners don't circulate poverty to the masses just for them to make more money. Again, it is a welcome development!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
dguyindcorner:

You are the ignoramus here. Nigerians are now wiser.

Anything but GEJ TILL 2023

Speak for yourself and quit the "Nigerians" generalization.
You and your pack of internet warriors can only win on Twitter as far as retweeting and favoriting your banal junk goes.
Get ready to take a heart pill on February.

6 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by dguyindcorner(m): 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

FYI: I want to witness that TIME when naira has great value, when my four years would be four years in school, when I would not have to seek employment for years after graduation, when the fuel was cheaper, when there's equal distribution of wealth and when our leaders were less corrupt and more disciplined...

If that's what going back means, pls whiskey carry me go.

vote GMB/PYO TILL 2023

Modified**

someone just posted a headline that reads "700,000 degree holders are unemployed" in 1985 during buhari's regime in order to castigate him. But today we are talking of 64,000,000 unemployed youths. This is pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by IDEApro(m): 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kenai:

That's exactly who he is. No glossy PR propaganda can change it.

The reason it seem Buhari is winning the media war is just because certain Yoruba politicians controls the print and electronic media and they are maximizing these channels effectively. But unknown to them the majority of eligible voters are grassroots people that are not influenced by media propaganda but political networking and outreach which the PDP is very much grounded on.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by folaj(m): 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
GMB became Head of State midnight Dec31,1983. Why are you writing about 1983 photo? How reliable is your information?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by dguyindcorner(m): 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
IDEApro:

The reason it seem Buhari is winning the media war is just because certain Yoruba politicians controls the print and electronic media and they are maximizing these channels effectively. But unknown to them the majority of eligible voters are grassroots people that are not influenced by media propaganda but political networking and outreach which the APC is very much grounded on.

error corrected!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by UniqueGem(m): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
barcanista:
On reading the article, I see a man that warned top civil servants against misusing their offices. I see a men that ensured that merchants don't take advantage of the scarce commodities to make excessive profit at the expense of the public. Op thank you very much for the article. We need regulation in our commerce and trade sectors. Sai Buhari
You see"a men"? Na mofos like you they Mock GEJ & PEJ ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by IDEApro(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
barcanista:
you aren't making sense. Only thieves and greedy people criticizes Buhari's policy on trade. Thanks to Buhari our economy dropped massively. It is very simple, whoever desire to make excessive profits on commodity have no business in Nigeria. A capitalist state create two class of group, the Very rich and the Very poor. The Very rich make their money at the expense of the very poor. Muhammadu Buhari policy was to ensure that business owners don't circulate poverty to the masses just for them to make more money. Again, it is a welcome development!!!

Nigeria runs a capitalist economy and not a state economy and buhari has no business dictating how a business man maximize profit in a free economy where there are free entry and exit.

Buhari is just a problem to every solution.

8 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Descartes: 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hmmm...that's revealing
Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Kenai: 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
barcanista:
you aren't making sense. Only thieves and greedy people criticizes Buhari's policy on trade. Thanks to Buhari our economy dropped massively.

You just made no sense.

It is very simple, whoever desire to make excessive profits on commodity have no business in Nigeria. A capitalist state create two class of group, the Very rich and the Very poor. The Very rich make their money at the expense of the very poor. Muhammadu Buhari policy was to ensure that business owners don't circulate poverty to the masses just for them to make more money. Again, it is a welcome development!!!

Well, newsflash: Any serious-minded country that plans to become an economic giant must thrive on fairness, hardwork, delayed gratification and a meritocratic ethos, not ROBIN HOOD theatrics.
It is this same logic of "bridging the gap" that has led to great disenfranchisement of Niger-Deltans where a lot of their oil profits are carted off to the North simply because "those people are poor", as well as the unfair Unity school cut-off marks where a boy from Yobe with a score of 2 gains admission before a boy from Anambra with a score of 135, simply because the north is "educationally disadvantaged".

If you want a strong, competitive country, you must create a LEVEL-PLAYING field where everyone lives by their own sweat and hardwork!

23 Likes

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
UniqueGem:
You see"a men"? Na mofos like you they Mock GEJ & PEJ ooo.
You should knw that that was a typo. Haba... Na wa o.... Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of 1983 Newspaper On How Buhari 'diversified' Economy With Soldiers by IDEApro(m): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
dguyindcorner:

error corrected!

When DSS allege APC is cloning PVC, you all called for their head...See how you clone my post in a twinkle of an eye.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC, Partners Sign FID On $3.6 Billion Brass Methanol Plant / Nigeria’s Misery Index Rises By 12 Points / ELLL P ...71...ELLL P ...72...: Who Are These Men Bikonu. See House Oo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.