Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx (2255 Views)

Work In Progress (vw Beetle) / Vw Touareg!!!! / Toyota Prado Vs Lexus GX 460 Vs Mitsubishi Pajero Vs Range Rover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by chiamo(m): 5:58am On Jan 19, 2015
Dear fellow nairalanders.
I want to know which of these cars to choose; Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, VWtTouareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus GX.
Using the parameters of;
1. low maintenance,
2. fuel economy,
3. availability in nigeria of spares,
4. velocity,
5. road handling,
6. aestetics,
7. low cost,
8. ability to withstand daily Lagos rugged roads and traffic usage.
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 19, 2015
Your inquiry is very vague, no year model nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by nurey(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2015
The VW toureg. Comes with Air Suspension I think you may want to stay away from it cause its reliability is also questionable. The lexus and prado too I think have a variant that utilizes air suspension, depending on year and trim I guess, but as lomomike said you need to give us generation and year you are looking at. But with your choice you shouldn't be looking at fuel Economy cause 70% of your comparism have a V8 version not only V6
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 19, 2015
nurey:
The VW toureg. Comes with Air Suspension I think you may want to stay away from it cause its reliability is also questionable. The lexus and prado too I think have a variant that utilizes air suspension, depending on year and trim I guess, but as lomomike said you need to give us generation and year you are looking at. But with your choice you shouldn't be looking at fuel Economy cause 70% of your comparism have a V8 version not only V6

Toyota prado and its upscale twin, Lexus GX has 'AIRS' rear adjustable air suspensions. Some models of RX330, RX350 have thes AIRS installed on all wheels. grin

I carefully skimmed thru to avoid these models when purchasing mine. Lucky me all the optional extra installed and skipping the 'AIRS' cool
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by sultaan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ford Edge will be cheaper not stolen by robbers others make you a fair game grin
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by chiamo(m): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thank you very much Nairalanders for your responses. You are all great. I am interested in 2007 - 2009 version of all the SUV mentioned.
Please note that I am still looking forward to explicit answers to the 8 enquiries I earlier raised.
And in addition:
Can you let me know what is AIRS.
Also, what is the fuel consumption of V8 compare to V6 .ie. How many litres wil V8 and V6 expend for 100 kilometer?
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Take fuel economy out of that list. You want a Suv and you're talking economy.

Go for a 4plugs sedan

1 Like

Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by sultaan(m): 5:25am On Jan 20, 2015
chiamo:
Thank you very much Nairalanders for your responses. You are all great. I am interested in 2007 - 2009 version of all the SUV mentioned.
Please note that I am still looking forward to explicit answers to the 8 enquiries I earlier raised.
And in addition:
Also, what is the fuel consumption of V8 compare to V6 .ie. How many litres wil V8 and V6 expend for 100 kilometer?

V8 in Lagos will give you about 6.5km/litre

Difference between V6 and V8 is about 3mpg or 1.35km/l

1.None
2.V6 Edge, Prado, Touareg
3.Prado
4.? All
5.Edge (Unibody), Lexus
6.Edge, Lexus
7.Edge
8.Prado,Lexus,Explorer (body on frame)
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by nurey(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2015
chiamo:
And in addition:
It can be called air suspension or air spring it enables adjusting of the ground clearance of a car for easy boarding, easy raising to go over rocks etc, but when this suspension component fails, driving becomes rocky and unstable and fixing it here in Naija would not only cost you tooth and nail finding an expert may also become a problem, your other questions have been answered. I would actually advice you to go for the prado or lexus, if they aren't reliable then they won't be so common but if you don't like common things look at the ford edge or Explorer but your list is kinda biased I don't know why you left this other cars
1. Infiniti Q80
2. Infiniti Fx35 or 45
3. Acura Mdx
4. Honda pilot Touring
5. Merc GL or ML
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by chiamo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
nurey:

It can be called air suspension or air spring it enables adjusting of the ground clearance of a car for easy boarding, easy raising to go over rocks etc, but when this suspension component fails, driving becomes rocky and unstable and fixing it here in Naija would not only cost you tooth and nail finding an expert may also become a problem, your other questions have been answered. I would actually advice you to go for the prado or lexus, if they aren't reliable then they won't be so common but if you don't like common things look at the ford edge or Explorer but your list is kinda biased I don't know why you left this other cars
1. Infiniti Q80
2. Infiniti Fx35 or 45
3. Acura Mdx
4. Honda pilot Touring
5. Merc GL or ML

I didn't mentioned the cars you listed above because like you also stated "they are common". I am also looking for one that is roomy hence I am a family man.

I want to show my appreciation to you all that has responded to this my post. THANKS
Re: Btw Ford Edge, Vw Touareg, Toyota Prado, Lexus Gx by nurey(m): 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
chiamo:

I didn't mentioned the cars you listed above because like you also stated "they are common". I am also looking for one that is roomy hence I am a family man.

I want to show my appreciation to you all that has responded to this my post. THANKS

I didn't say they are not common but some trim levels will differentiate you from them example the AMG variant or brabus version of the Merc, the touring edition of the Honda pilot and the gold colour badge of the lexus etc

(1) (Reply)

Oil Change Every 3 Months And 3,000 Miles: The Rule Has Been Outdated / Cost Of Clearing Buses in Nigeria? / Most Expensive Cars In The World: Top 5 List 2013 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.