Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means (81838 Views)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Ram Fattening Biz For Ileya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by rareman(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

This is not a quick money making thing but a knowledge based biz. It gives the farmer rest of mind. The place can be kept clean to give little or no offensive smell. You can start small. There are some dairy goats that gives more litters of milk per day than the FULANI cow. We have a proffessior dairy in our team.
I think this year people should do more of team biz. Those who are very good in a particular area should manage the biz while others can invest & have unlimited acess to the biz, ask questions & be inovative.
With team spirit we can learn & move faster. gain assess to loan, penetrate difficult areas, make good profit, reduce initial cost of investment etc.

Please more contribution

Please how much is 10 of those goat 2 male 8 female. Am interested I just sent you a whatapp message
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2015
@rearman, sorry for replying late but i have replied you on WhatApp
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
You can buy Ram that are good as parent stocks to reproduce for you , there ia an elderly man in Ibadan doing this biz while most young graduates are busy looking for office work. You can get the parent stocks at N20k
or you just buy & fattern the males for 4 months to sell, each one goes for 15k.

Most people have phone that cost them N60k & above but no investment of same amount, most are not even using their phone to make money.

The dry season is the best time to buy the ram.
Goat, Ram & Cow dont like to be wet
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by neupert(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
Please i am urgently in need of ram for the purpose of rearing, my location is lagos.
I need the young ones both male and female, interested seller can reach me on 08066701575 or 08124461809 or mathwins4u@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by bawelat: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
@rearman, sorry for replying late but i have replied you on WhatApp
Pls paste a copy of the reply here for the benefit of others following here thanks.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
Sorry the price of parent stocks are different from those that one need to fattern & sell.

Mostly the male goats are bigger that the female so if you just want to buy , fattern & sell then buy all male .....N7k each

But the female good parent stocks goes for N10k each .

For ram the male goes for 15k while the female parent stock goes for N20 - N25, depending on quantity need.
I am going to be offline for the weekend soif you need me give me a call on 08136650972
Have a lovely weekend, until monday.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by segun1976: 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
Pls paste a copy of the reply here for the benefit of others following here thanks.

@ Op, I strongly suggest that for the benefit of everyone that has shown interest in this thread, its better to openly share information. I bet you it will be a great advantage to your cause.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by segun1976: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

Sorry the price of parent stocks are different from those that one need to fattern & sell.

Mostly the male goats are bigger that the female so if you just want to buy , fattern & sell then buy all male .....N7k each

But the female good parent stocks goes for N10k each .

For ram the male goes for 15k while the female parent stock goes for N20 - N25, depending on quantity need.
I am going to be offline for the weekend soif you need me give me a call on 08136650972
Have a lovely weekend, until monday.

Please I need to buy some young rams to raise in my farm towards Ileya in September. Heard it cheaper and better if you buy from the north at this time.
However before I proceed on my plan, I need a few clarifications from the experts in the house;
1. Is 6 months enough to raise these young rams into the size that is usually in high demand during the festive season?
2. If yes, what type of feed is required to achieve this?
3. What is the average price that the appropriate age, weight) young ram can be bought?
4. With good management what level of price could the final product (Ileya ram) be sold for in September?

Would appreciate someone would provide practical answers.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
All the response to people's questions are posted here ..

If you want to know more about how to feed them pls go & read from the begining of the trend.

6 months is enough to raise the 3 months old ram .

For now the 3 months plus (RAM) is sold for N15k male while the female parent stock (very good mother to be) is 20k (trictly for reproduction purposes)

If you buy up to 30 pieces we train you on how to produce very cheap feed for them with zero grazing
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 12:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Cost of transportation is a major issues in business. Can you imagine paying close to 100k to transport 30 goats from the north to the west but the same bus can take 110 goats. So if the person has bought 110 goats it would have save cost. But the beautify thing is that there are 25 females out of the 30 goats.So the it is a very good buy.
Never theless once you are determine on what to do then no going back.

What are you waiting for start a goat or cow or ram or ostrich farm this year as another sources of income
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by osca123(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

Cost of transportation is a major issues in business. Can you imagine paying close to 100k to transport 30 goats from the north to the west but the same bus can take 110 goats. So if the person has bought 110 goats it would have save cost. But the beautify thing is that there are 25 females out of the 30 goats.So the it is a very good buy.
Never theless once you are determine on what to do then no going back.

What are you waiting for start a goat or cow or ram or ostrich farm this year as another sources of income
Don't you have picturesof your farm And the animals you are talking of?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2015
I find it difficult to post pix from my phone but if you can connect with me on whatApp:+2348182355047 you will have more than enough pix.

This is one of the best time to set up the goat/cow/ram/ostrich farm before the rain start.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by juman(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
God is wonderful he subdues animals for us to use them on farms, ride on them and eat them.

Praises to God the creator of all things.

6 Likes

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 11:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Please take note am not talking about the Hausa local brown goats here but the Niger(NeJe) breeds.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Gadgetmobil(m): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Following
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 9:47am On Feb 25, 2015
The Neje goat die if you feed them on the wet local grass in the west so the grasses must be cut in the afternoon kept over night before feeding besides the goats should not be feed with our local grasses immediately you take stock of them but gradually introduce it to them & keep very good eyes on them.

On delivery , give anti stess if need be
Give antibiotic
and 3 days after antibiotic give multivitanine.
At least in a week give them MORINGA FRESS LEAVES.

Make sure that you have the phone numbers of 2 vet doctors that you can call in case of emmergency

Happy farming.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by gabriel212: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2015
felixzo1:
your response made me laugh, you are free to use it,if it is of help to you. i studied cattle and small ruminants production to a profectional level .i will soon be lunching my website and sharing my daily farm practices with pictures and other hiden infor this year, there are a lot of infor that are not written any where on the internet that i will share. fodder is generally name used for freshly cut grass of any spp. used as feeds for livestock .i am well equip, i will share free of charge at the right time
Good day Bros.
I want to include selling of goat meat and cow meat in my proposed farm busines how lucrative it is and what are the disadvantages that area associated with it?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
@gabriel212, those whose slaughter & sell make more money but they will not tell u d truth because they don't want new people to come into d biz & they have union.
Please do a good findings & study d biz well because it has catels but its a good biz.
You make more money if u package & sell to supper mart.
Please don't go into any business without doing ur findings & get good mentors.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
We bought some pregnants rams for a client in Anambra last year november and by jan 9 out of the 10 gave birth to 2 litters while one had 1, the same client need extral extral 20 pregnants rams..Though it takes a week to do a good selection of the pregnants rams & they are more expensive to buy but at long run its a good deal because you are buying either 2 or 3 animals for a small fee.

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2015
This business is not as capital intensive as other businesses.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2015
We bought some pregnants rams for a client in Anambra last year november and by jan 9 out of the 10 gave birth to 2 litters while one had 1, the same client need extral extral 20 pregnants rams..Though it takes a week to do a good selection of the pregnants rams & they are more expensive to buy but at long run its a good deal because you are buying either 2 or 3 animals for a small fee.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2015
There are organic nutrients that can be added to the feed of your animals to bring about speedy growth & good health without side effects. Science has done good to us. Thank God please go ORGANIC IN ALL THAT YOU DO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by hotmas911(m): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2015
People are yet to see how big this livestock market is. only those who can think outside the box will profit most from this Eldorado called Nigeria
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by world1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
boluwajokosegun:

There are organic nutrients that can be added to the feed of your animals to bring about speedy growth & good health without side effects. Science has done good to us. Thank God please go ORGANIC IN ALL THAT YOU DO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
Can you please name the organic nutrients? am interested.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by jendor123: 10:54pm On May 26, 2015
oga, wel done o. U av open answer many of my questions, but where can i buy dis ram or we must go 2ru u. Thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by millhouse: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Gadgetmobil(m): 2:30am On Jun 06, 2015
@Op please state your synergy plans. Am in Ibadan and I may not want to do the biz alone. Thanks
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by samshoz(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2015
How Can I Make My Doe(she Goat) Stay Or Come Home Often, Any Helpful Tips Pls?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 6:08am On Jun 29, 2015
shocked
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2015
correctly
By 3rd week of july 2015 l will hav dairy goats for sale
They produce more milk daily than our hausa cows
Highly profitable
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by laksyde100(m): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
correctly By 3rd week of july 2015 l will hav dairy goats for sale They produce more milk daily than our hausa cows Highly profitable
interested in buying! how do I place my order
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by fm4real2k6(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
Do you need cheap lands for your large scale Agricultural purposes?

We've got more than 3,000 Hectares of land with C of O and we intend to sell cheaply for Agriculture and Agro-allied purposes.

The land is situated along Ilorin Ogbomosho Old road.

Check out this thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/2405069/big-deal-check-it-out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Onions Farmer Has Made It In Life (Pictured) / Quality Packaging For Your Rice,flour,animal Feeds,garri,fertilizer,cement Etc / Seedworld For All Your Hybrid Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.