Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,292 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means (81495 Views)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Ram Fattening Biz For Ileya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Tundemmy(m): 1:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Are you interested in acquiring large plots of land for your agric business? If yes, there's farmland available for sale at N1M for 1hectare. The land is approved for agricultural purposes by FCT-ARD (50 years lease term with RofO). The land is brought to you by FCT-ARD and ASO Plc. Payment can be made over a period of 1 year.
For further info and to see the documents, mail oluseunoss@yahoo.com
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by alakara(m): 7:55am On Feb 25, 2016
Liadi2:
I need hausa goat, sheep and she goat
am going to Kano March ending if ure interested u can contact me.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2016
@ alakara please this trend is mine so don't take my prospects
@liadi2 what age do you need & how many
Gbenga 08120528950 or 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by alakara(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2016
boluwajokosegun:
@ alakara please this trend is mine so don't take my prospects

@liadi2 what age do you need & how many

Gbenga 08120528950 or 08136650972 or WhatsApp 08120528950
sorry meant no harm oooo
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thanks @alakara l appreciate your sincerity, if he contact you then you can help him out
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by router123(m): 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
boluwajokosegun:

When you see the FULANI cattle raerer what comes to your mind ?
They may be skinny & dirty but do you know that they are very rich,
Anytime you see them with a minimum of 20 cows the owner is a millionaire
You dont have to be a FULANI or do it the way they do it but you can use the mordem cheap technology of enclosure not free range to rear the animals.

What am saying is that you can also use agriculture to plan for financial boost this year.

Start with either 5 calfs or 15 goats. How ?

If you buy a young cow for N40k & feed it for another 6 month you will sell for N80k or more or you buy Nije goat at N7k feed for 4 months & sell for N18k , Call Gbenga on 08136650972 or whatApp:08182355042 note that this goats are ussually bigger than the normal hausa goat.
I will teach you how to feed them at low cost without fear. You can also buy foreigne cow at N145k rear for a year & sell ay N400k they are special milk producing cow that can give you milk that you can sell to many yougort company.

There are two basic methods of animal fattening.
A. Get wean animals and feeding them over a period time (months) to achieve desire body weight
B. Get animals (males) with low body weight and feeding them to desire body weight.

The best time to do this business is during the peak of dry season around Feb/March /April, in the far north, kastina state, sokoto state, taraba state strategy but because of the present security situation in the these part of the country we can buy & send it to you. It involves getting weaned animals, The male are cheapest & grows faster. A trailer can carry about 45 young bulls and transport to any part of the country which may not be more than N200,000. It is better to team up buyers’s products for those buying fewer animals, that is what we shall be doing for our clients who are interested in this business. A calf use to be N25,000 during this time 2 years ago or at most but the security situation has changed things. We can also help you to buy ostrich, geese etc

Please note, you should have stored silage or hay and a good source of constant clean water, a fence secure area either made up of wood/iron or block works with shade against sun & rain before buying your animal. For the organic cheap food I will teach you a way out for a small fee. There are a lots of uncompleted buildings or vacant land around your areas look out for the owners & negotiate to use it.
The first thing to do when the animals arrived is to deworm and give antibiotics treatment, feed daily and give them enough clean water to drink. All we plan to achieve is 0.5kg daily target weight gain, if you do that for 6 months , that is in 6 months you will get = 6x30 x 0.5 = 90kg the aim is to achieve desire market weight before December, and there is a good market then. The idea is to sell it directly to different groups, societies and cooperatives around your location for end of year festivities and marriage ceremonies. It will not be difficult to sell during this period infact you cannot meet the demand. Each of your bulls will be selling for nothing less than N80,000.
For goat you can sell at any time of the year because of goat pepper soup are sold all year round & the demand is very high.
Join our group on facebook :agric4wealth for more knowledge.

HNY

Oga dat no u put there for whatsapp isn't registered in whatsapp. Pls we need 2 talk my no is 08031360160
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by sham2007: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tundemmy:
Are you interested in acquiring large plots of land for your agric business? If yes, there's farmland available for sale at N1M for 1hectare. The land is approved for agricultural purposes by FCT-ARD (50 years lease term with RofO). The land is brought to you by FCT-ARD and ASO Plc. Payment can be made over a period of 1 year.

where is the land located and its price please.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by router123(m): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tundemmy:
I v sent u a mail. Pls reply or whatsapp me
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2016
My new number is 08120528950 both calls & WhatsApp 08120528950 I called your number but I lady picked it. Please call me if you can

1 Like

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
We hav 100 acres of farmland available In ikire osun state at N50k per acres bulk purchase where less than 100 acres isN55k.

Farmland In ibadan In ido LGA is N260k per acre
In ijebu an acre is 50k

In songo extended farmland area an acre is N470k

In Ajah dry land a plot is N2.3m

While water log area is N1.3m
You can do animal husbandry there

Note
Agency is 10%
You do lawyer documentation and
Survey work
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by dungas30(m): 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
forum just growing BT no VB has post the pic of product
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by boluwajokosegun: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Millions of pictures on Internet but come and see things for yourself.
No story
I have many cofarmer on NL who are my clients.
Many copy pictures from other people farm.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:45am On Feb 29, 2016
Am finding it difficult to login to my yahoo account so I had to do a fresh registration
on NL as BoluwaGoldenConcept my phone is 08120528950 email address is
eesteeresources@gmail.com WhatsApp 08120528950
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2016
We hav 100 acres of farmland available In ikire osun state at N50k per acres bulk
purchase where less than 100 acres isN55k.
In ijebu an acre is 50k
Note
Agency is 10%
Survey work
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2016
Thanks all the pregnant local goats are sold but we still have does of local and Northern breeds available
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Daniel058(m): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2016
felixzo1:
you copied my thread and edited it and posted it here and you now claiming an expirence farmer. www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy
Lol..
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
Please which part of the trend please.
If I copied any write up l always acknowledge or say it that l saw an interesting write up and l want to share it.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Donbrig: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2016
@boluwajokosegun, God bless and strengthen you for all the infos. We are all learning a lot. But I would advice you to write a book about all you know about goats, cows and other animals. In so doing, you can impact more people with more details. I am so much in need of a modern and well detailed books about goat rearing, I will appreciate if you can help me get one.

Thank you.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
@Donbrig thanks a lot
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Donbrig: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pls, how many goats can you rear in one acre of land?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
It all depends on the type of housing system you want to use. Goats don't like to be wet by rain and they like good spacing
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Johnnyessence(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
BoluwGoldenFarm:
It all depends on the type of housing system you want to use.
Goats don't like to be wet by rain and they like good spacing
pls bro explain to details sir following u patiently.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 9:58am On Mar 06, 2016
Sorry am very busy I can't soon, there are different types of housing.

Please do business plan and you will have all details including costing and profitability of the project using the most cost-effective way.

Am so sorry or better still call me on 08120528950
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by peterakams: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2016
HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL ,A GLOBAL NGO , CAN HELP YOU START UP YOUR BUSINESS BY GIVING U SKILL ACQUISITIONS AND FINANCING WITHOUT COLLATERAL OR INTEREST. TO ACCESS IT, WHASAPP ME ON +2348056729949 OR TEXT ME ON +2347065248809
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by Donbrig: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
If the numbers of goats in an acre of land depends on the housing system, what type of housing system could accommodate about 1000 goats in an acre? I presume it might be possible to house 1000 goats in one acre of land with the best housing system.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
It is possible to do more than 1000 goats if you do intensive feeding housing system. You decide what is best for yourself base on the knowledge you have acquired or intended to.
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2016
I got this to buttress

Stocking rates for goats cannot be based upon plant materials that are available for
consumption per acre of land. Goat stocking rates must be based upon controlling
internal parasites and avoiding over-crowding.Goats are very susceptible to internal
parasites, particularly the blood-sucking stomach worm Haemonchus contortus
(barberpole worm) that causes anemia and death.

Goats, like deer, need lots of land to roam over. By moving continually and eating "from the top down," goats avoid worms that are on plant materials that are closest to the ground. Having lots of land to roam
over allows goats to keep distances amongst themselves, further reducing the chance
of ingesting worms.

Goats cannot handle the stress or the worm load that exists in
overcrowded conditions.
Goats are primarily browsers and foragers of leaves and weeds. Goats will eat many
types of nutritious plant materials, including grasses. In fact, they eat different plants
and grasses at different times of the year and will even vary their choices from morning
to evening. Goats are very picky eaters. There are many plants that cows and rams
will eat but goats won't -- for valid digestive reasons.

Goats have the fastest
metabolisms of all ruminants, except deer, and as such, must eat easy-to-digest plant
materials frequently. If the Acid Detergent Fiber (a measure of digestibility of plant
materials) is 40 or higher, then too much lignin is present and goats cannot digest it.

The problem with free ranging the animal is that,
Goats will always find and eat the newest and most tender growth. If you force goats
to become pasture grazers, they are not going to eat the tall grasses but instead will
go to ground level to get the youngest and therefore most tender shoots -- right where
the worms are. Worm eggs hatch, travel up the new blades of grass, and wait for
goats to ingest them. Even in dry climates, worms can survive for long periods of time
and can do much damage to goats if overcrowding exists.Meningeal deerworm is
another internal parasite devastating to goats The combination of standing water (bogs, marshes, ponds, lakes, and even. Meningeal deerworm
infection can be hard to diagnose, is difficult to combat, must be treated aggressively
and quickly, and often leaves permanent damage (including paralysis).

Goats thrive best in dry climates or dry season . They can be raised in moderately wet climates if you
are able to provide an environment that minimizes their exposure to internal parasites that is enclosed them on acres of land .
You must have well-drained pastures, build at least three and preferably more rotational
paddocks to move goats through probably every three weeks (the life cycle of a
stomach worm) at the minimum, and be prepared to feed supplementally when weather
is bad or pastures cannot support the goats' nutritional needs.

The solution to the worm problem is running a second species like cattle behind goats through the rotational pastures will help clean up the stomach worm load.

Rotational grazing with cattle is done for a very different reason -- to consume as much
of the available plant material in order to avoid supplemental feeding. Rotating goats in
pastures is done to control internal parasites and avoid the stresses caused by over-
crowding. Unless they are reduced to starvation, goats are not going to eat the coarse
plant materials that cattle will eat as filler; it has no nutritional value to goats and they
know it. You cannot starve the profit out of a goat.

Where do you begin? Start small with just a few goats. Goats multiply quickly. Sexual
maturity is as early as two months of age in some goat breeds,

gestation is five months, and multiple births are common. Populations can double in less than one year.
Your pasture/forage/browse will be depleted quickly, supplemental feeding will be
necessary, and stress and worm loads will increase rapidly.Controlling worm loads is
critically important to the health of your herd. Stomach worms suck the blood from
goats, causing anemia and death. No goat can eat enough to overcome a heavy worm
load. If you insist upon raising goats in overcrowded conditions and if you
deworm as frequently as monthly, then you are creating super worms against which no
class of dewormer will work for long.

Do fecal counts every few weeks and cull those
goats that cannot tolerate a moderate worm load if you do free range system . Don't anticipate the development of new classes of dewormers. It isn't likely to happen. Most dewormers and other medications that we use for goats are off-label/extra-label because the goat population isn't large enough to justify the costs involved

If you can't make these recommendations work for you, then goats probably aren't
suited for you

Culled online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
This may help

The subject of money is a very sensitive one. I am sure you have heard this statement at one time or another, ‘‘there is no money anywhere’’?

Hmm! I must let you know that it’s a dangerous statement to believe. This is because it blinds the mind from recognizing business opportunities. Money is everywhere. It is merely a means of exchange for value. Once you add value, you will get money.

How do you add value? By changing the way you think. What is in your heart will show up in your life. Information is the key to transformation.

Do you want to increase your value and accelerate your progress?
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by securi: 3:38am On Mar 10, 2016
What part of ijebu is the land location and how many acres is available? Thanks

BoluwGoldenFarm:
We hav 100 acres of farmland available In ikire osun state at N50k per acres bulk
purchase where less than 100 acres isN55k.
In ijebu an acre is 50k
Note
Agency is 10%
Survey work
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:43am On Mar 11, 2016
The ijebu farm
securi:
What part of ijebu is the land location and how many acres is available? Thanks
The ijebu farm
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2016
Ijebu farmland is in ikangba and more than 50 acres
Re: Cattle, Ram & Goat Fattening, My Strategy As Additional Income Means by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
Do you know that our local goats in the south West is highly profitable and in high demand now. If you have up to 500 weaners for sale please contact me. 08120528950

Or if you want to buy very good breeds, good mothers and male shooters please contact me as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Onions Farmer Has Made It In Life (Pictured) / Quality Packaging For Your Rice,flour,animal Feeds,garri,fertilizer,cement Etc / Seedworld For All Your Hybrid Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.