Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Auto Theft In The US - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Theft In The US (613 Views)

Complete Vehicle Security ( GPS Tracker + Anti-theft Alarm-siren) Install (#45K) / The Recent Surge In Car Theft In Nigeria / Vehicle Tracking - Secure Your Vehicle Against Theft, Arm-robbery with GPS Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Theft In The US by Simon69: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Theft is obviously an issue and it can occur anywhere. Most often we publicize the nefarious bank heists, jewelry smuggling or the theft of famous artworks in Hollywood films. A national favorite is the famous theft by “D.B. Cooper” who fled, by parachute, from a plane with $200,000 in 1971. But let’s be reasonable here. Auto theft and home thefts are more likely to happen to grounded everyday citizens. That doesn’t make these thefts any less interesting however. Recently the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) released their analysis of vehicle thefts from 1960 through 2013 and the results were fascinating to say the least. We took the information and thought about its relation to home security.

ChicagoLocksmiths.net has main offices at
2602 W Diversey Ave. Ste C
Chicago, IL 60647
www.chicagolocksmiths.net
Tel: (312) 878-2715

Re: Auto Theft In The US by nickusoro(m): 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
These are called Sliders... very slippery and smart crooks. And yeah, it's very common.
Re: Auto Theft In The US by alexbacker: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2021
it is much harder to steal cars new car
Re: Auto Theft In The US by alexbacker: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2021
Especially teslas
Re: Auto Theft In The US by Quinton45: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2021
Yeah, also think so, but technical innovations made new ways to steal the car and new ways to protect the car. I used to drive a 2008 Passat since 2009. And about a month ago I decided to buy a new VW and I was shocked how many new things are present in modern cars. My new Arteon has a digital key that I can share with members of my family or friends. All you need is a phone. I thought that it would be easier to steal the car with such a function and decided to learn more about the security. So I learned that they use innovational automotive cybersecurity to protect the car from stealth.

(1) (Reply)

04 Honda Accord Eod Reg For Jst 790k See Pix... / Registered Toyota Camry Drop Light For Sale / Registered Ford Escape - 2003 @ N750,000.00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.