Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer (732 Views)

You Can’t Determine How Buhari Fights Corruption – APC Replies PDP Senators / Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians / Ekiti Gov Ayo Fayose Replies PDP Chairman Muazu On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by gift01: 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
PRESIDENTIAL candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the February election, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, cleared the air on his health status, saying he only had cold and not cancer as rumoured.

Speculations were rife on Sunday that the APC presidential standard-bearer was diagnosed of terminal disease, with a newspaper stating that he had been flown abroad.

But addressing newsmen at the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, on Sunday, Buhari said “I don’t know the reason for this desperation. The issue we are telling Nigerians is that of corruption in this country. What has my health got to do with that?

“Have I been sick on a daily basis? And (that) document has been put on paper, on Tweeter that I am sick. The Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH) said they are forged documents. This desperation is beyond my understanding.”

He tasked politicians to forget issues about his health status, but rather discuss issues about the welfare and well-being of Nigerians.

“Vanguard reported that I was to jet out for medical check-up yesterday, but here am I. I was at Nasarawa and Benue states yesterday, tomorrow, I am going to be in two states.

“Day after tomorrow, I’ll be in two more states. I am doing two states per day. How they got the impression that I was sick I do not know, although I got cold, but that did not stop me from going through my schedule”, he maintained.

When pressed to make a categorical statement on his state of health, Buhari, in a joking manner, asked: “how old are you, 50 years? I am telling you, if we go to the field, you would not last the time I will last in the field.”

The APC presidential candidate also declared himself free of corruption charges, saying “that one has been cleared. There is no fraud in PTF. There was an investigation and General Obasanjo has answered that question. He confirmed that there was an investigation and the report was brought to him and there was nothing on ground as far as my management and chairmanship of the PTF was concerned.

According to Buhari, “the person who did the investigation, because he was the head of state, cleared me, so what else can I say?”

On his certificate, he said that “why didn’t Nigerians ask? I have contested three times under the same rules set by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). I was allowed to contest all these elections because my certificate was in order. There were individuals that wrote to the United States War College and the college answered them, it was published by some of your papers.

“Really, this misinformation will do nobody any good, because our minds are being taken away from the serious issues of corruption and incompetence by the PDP.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/27133-i-have-cold-not-cancer-says-buhari

Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
PDP replied Buhari that he has cancer, and Buhari replied PDP that he has cold and not cancer, and PDP would reply buhari that they have the medical report with them that it was cancer that was written on the report, and Buhari would reply PDP that what they have is a local medical report and not a foreign medical report, that the nigeria doctor told him that he has cancer, while the foreign doctors told him that he is only catching cold, that he just need one fine girl to massage his back to remove the cold...

Well thats none of my business...

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by temitemi1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Cold
Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by evanscheck(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
I seem to think to much but I am a medical personel, maybe there is a difference between political cold and political cancer
Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
The reason behind the unending mass defections from PDP to APC is because the PDP has mismanaged their party the way they mismanaged Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
PDP replied Buhari that he has cancer, and Buhari replied PDP that he has cold and not cancer, and PDP would reply buhari that they have the medical report with them that it was cancer that was written on the report, and Buhari would reply PDP that what they have is a local medical report and not a foreign medical report, that the nigeria doctor told him that he has cancer, while the foreign doctors told him that he is only catching cold, that he just need one fine girl to massage his back to remove the cold...

Well thats none of my business...

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
That GEJ goes after Ngozi, Dezieani and Stell because illiterate PEJ cannot satisfy him does not mean Buhari will do the same. He has.......

Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by Blackfire(m): 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
whether fish swallow jonah, or jonah swallow fish... there is a swallow
Re: Buhari Replies PDP: I Have Cold, Not Cancer by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
haha,
oga buhari how far now, se you done see your certificate where you keep am
now that cold is your ultimate wahala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov Akpabio the hypocrite (pics) / CNN May Use Drones To Monitor And Report 2015 Elections In Nigeria / Don’t Withhold Our Salary, Health Workers Warn FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.