Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi (22137 Views)

20 Fulanis And 80 Cows Killed In Nasarawa / "I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Why Do Hausas/fulanis And Yorubas Really Want 'one Nigeria' With Igbo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ishiamu(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
During this weekend’s SaharaTV broadcast, which kicked off the platform's 2015 Nigerian presidential election coverage, many of the most critical discussions were centered around not just the politics leading up to the contest, but the incessant Boko Haram militancy in the northern part of the country, a violence that has seemingly intensified in recent weeks.

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, one of Nigeria’s top Islamic clerics, known for his strong and often controversial opinions, spoke to Sahara TV at length about the insecurity crisis and its effect on the political landscape in Nigeria.

Recently, Gumi was quoted as saying that he is not a politician and does not have sympathy for any of the political parties, but warns the two main presidential candidates, President Jonathan and Gen. Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) against contesting in the presidential elections this year. 

Regarding the Boko Haram menace in the north, the cleric further acknowledged that it is a problem of the northern region of the country and more specifically the Muslim population. “Kanuris, Fulanis and Hausas are the Boko Haram," Gumi told SaharaTV. The government initially thought it wass a northern problem, leave them let them kill themselves.”

Gumi additionally suggested that Muslims in the north sit down to tackle the issue, supported by the government, and the government supported by the international community. “Coordination between these three will lead to an end to Boko Haram," he stated.

Also touching on the recent Charlie Hebdo incident in France, which left many writers and artists at the satirical magazine dead, Gumi stated clearly that the Qur’an does not support violence. “Leniency beautifies everything and violence tarnishes everything," he said, quoting the Prophet Muhammed. “The Qur’an does not encourage anyone to pick arms and fight.”

Gumi however also said that people should not hide behind freedom of speech to condemn other people’s faith.

Watch the full interview and others at saharareporters.tv.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/19/kanuris-fulanis-and-hausas-are-boko-haram%E2%80%94sheikh-ahmad-gumi

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
moment of truth

34 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by pacifique(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
Not new

1 Like

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by bokohalal(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sheik Gumi should also tell us what,or why they are fighting Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
I am Hausa, but i know this for sure.

32 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by BlackTechnology: 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
papiforreal:
I am Hausa, but i know this for sure.

So what really do these group of Hausa Fulani and Kanuri want

11 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Technocracy: 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sheik Gumi just said it all,I belief the case of #GEJ is sponsoring Bokoharam will now die a natural death this is a wake up call for the North to take a lead in solving their problems.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ishiamu(m): 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lalasticlala, ishilove do the needful
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Dewze(m): 1:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Technocracy:
Sheik Gumi just said it all,I belief the case of #GEJ is sponsoring Bokoharam will now die a natural death this is a wake up call for the North to take a lead in solving their problems.

It is Nigeria's problem, not the North's.

7 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Dewze(m): 2:01am On Jan 20, 2015
ishiamu:
you be delta boy? Your name sound like all those uwhie/urhobo pikin.
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by lonelydora: 6:27am On Jan 20, 2015
That's the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:28am On Jan 20, 2015
Terrorist and terrorism, Hausa, Fulani and Kanuris are Boko Haram?

And the leaders of those tribes could not caution their terrorist children angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by jerflakes(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Hehehe grin

This guy is a funny guy. grin

I used to hate him, but now I dont know what to make of him.

Anyway...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Firefire(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2015
BlackTechnology:

So what really do these group of Hausa Fulani and Kanuri want

Good question

1 Like

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by UltimatePals: 6:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Descartes: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Bitter truth, always hard to swallow

7 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Riclord001(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2015
sometimes, after all these relligion justification and clarifications... i wonder if deep down, there is not a little excitementt abt d Jihad.

7 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by TRADELYN: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2015
sad
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by LMAyedun(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2015
ishiamu:
The needful has been done!
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by BlackPeni5: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2015
I thought they said Ihejirika was Boko Haram

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by PHfinest(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2015
Ok. Not new

1 Like

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 20, 2015
The mumucious religion of p!ss

3 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by LMAyedun(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2015
quid:
The mumucious religion of p!ss
A bitter truth!

2 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by lion042(m): 6:32am On Jan 20, 2015
I will always pray for my country Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by ichidodo: 6:32am On Jan 20, 2015
Not all of them are boko haram..we still have very good Nigerians amongst them, the rest have become toolz for Buhari because GEJ is a christian minority from the South.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by LuckyLadolce(m): 6:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by Flets: 6:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Its not a secret. The sole aim of bokoharam is returning power to the north. Its clear to the blind.

Come march 2015, bokoharam would have outlived its purpose after GEJ clears the polls. At that time, they will forcefully have to support the fight or else it will consume them all in the next 4yrs

24 Likes

Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by herkeym001(m): 6:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi by NnamdiN: 6:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Dewze:
you be delta boy? Your name sound like all those uwhie/urhobo pikin.
in igbo it translates as *dickhead* cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom / Reno Omokri: Christianity Is Endangered Under The APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.