Stats: 3,150,462 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 (3033 Views)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / S€X Story : Heart Code – Season 1 – Episode 1 – 30 / My Life As A Yahoo Boy (season 2) Episode 28 (2) (3) (4)

Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by 360musicng(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
UNIVERSITY, have you felt the weight of that word in our Nigerian society? No matter the way it comes, could be as "A UNIVERSITY", "The UNIVERSITY", "Our UNIVERSITY", "That UNIVERSITY", or the "Other UNIVERSITY". Mind you, all this prefixes define as one many different colleges, a hidden code of unity of the many minds trapped in the system. But they are still different, not literally or in contextual meaning but the mind set which each new Jambito takes in at the beginning. That’s why I’d tell my story thus.
Why does everyone want to go to the University? Maybe it’s because on the average history records those who went to the University do spectacular shit!, which please forgive me, some without degrees have equally done! So why?

That was the question I kept asking myself after a day of many stressful lectures, hustles, struggles and a biting hunger that did not have any hope of satisfaction. I am Chris, broke and furious, a hungry man is an angry one but this anger is not related to my empty stomach. “They lied” is all I can think. Everyone made University look like a dream come true, a haven of fun and rib cracking experiences. I had walked into this trap with that mindset. Now I am not only dissatisfied but pissed! Why do I have to keep trying so hard?

Mother made it look like University is the surest way to succeed. And Uncle Rico and co. all the stories of victory that they dangled before me, but the details, the tooth and nail gladiator battle for survival, the pros, cons, dangers? They conveniently omitted that. The fear of saying the wrong thing to a cultist with the right connections, good guys who could do really bad things, no one mentioned that. They only told me the stories of grace and swooning girls but now in this dungeon I court reality. Everyone said “never to be a cultist”, but they forgot to mention how tempting it is. Now seeing the respect this men command I begin to question how? How can I go through the university system without being one of them? There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with it. They only hurt people who hurt them, and that’s what everyone does.

Over the past semester I have tried to keep a decent result. I am not much of a crammer but behind these walls it’s a “garbage in, garbage out” society. People like me struggle to survive. And after meeting the likes of CY and Segun, who graduated years ago when I must have been just a toddler but still hang around the campus, hustling, I am left contemplating can a decent result give me my dreams? Rumor has it Segun was a first class student! Is a descent result all it takes to be successful? Why don’t I just study a trade or fraternize or start some crazy illegal shit? Weed sells like oil in this place. God! I am a 20 year old buried alive in questions.

The truth is I am every young man in the university, we all secretly desire to joins a bams! (I hope you understand that) because we feel indifferent or belittled, because these people may make us feel better about ourselves. Being a Jambito is a dream, it feels good finding your name in the dailies as one of the few chosen, but being cool and accepted is the next demand, maybe the major one.
Why?
Well because here we must survive, to survive you must be something or someone. Otherwise you end up being just another waka pass. Tufiakwa! I am Chris Ogene, I do not pass anywhere unnoticed.

There’s a party tonight and I’m going, that’s the first step to being cool, be seen at the right places. Maybe I’d try that bullet drink;everyone is raving about it. I think I should give "University life" a fair chance. Certainly that would be living the life mama told me not to live. Don't get me wrong though! I love my mother very much, and would probably do anything for her, but at this juncture in my life, I feel what does love has nothing to do with it. I would make sure my grades don’t fall for mama, and have a little fun for me. That way we all win. This is a record of my little adventure, so I don’t give memory a chance to steal anything from me.

*STAY TUNED FOR EPISODE 2*

Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 8:46am On Jan 20, 2015
#Walks in with bread and beans.......

Blik say dis story go swt....,ritababe,onemansquad,livingwalker,chistar01,Toykathy,logoDwhiz,who again remain cum and check dis place out oo,bfor space finish
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by toykathy(f): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Psalmwise:

Blik say dis story go swt....,ritababe,onemansquad,livingwalker,chistar01,Toykathy,logoDwhiz,who again remain cum and check dis place out oo,bfor space finish
u no go invite buoye1? U dey vex for am? Whatz wit u n beans sef? Abeg no take mess spoil dis places o. Make I go read d tori, i dey come.
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2015
toykathy:

u no go invite buoye1? U dey vex for am? Whatz wit u n beans sef? Abeg no take mess spoil dis places o. Make I go read d tori, i dey come.
no vex ah can't do without my bread and beans...shez my companion....and no wory my mess dn gt good odour e dn dey smell lik kafura pelebe(ah no knw d english name)...ah no remember d full name of I'm moniker ni

Oya buoye1 cum and sit on d mat beside me...
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by toykathy(f): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2015
Psalmwise:
no vex ah can't do without my bread and beans...shez my companion....and no wory my mess dn gt good odour e dn dey smell lik kafura pelebe(ah no knw d english name)...ah no remember d full name of I'm moniker ni

Oya buoye1 cum and sit on d mat beside me...

no take ur beans n kafura mess derail thread jhur. Op, we dey follow u o
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2015
toykathy:

no take ur beans n kafura mess derail thread jhur. Op, we dey follow u o
try getin a face mask....cos damn I can't resist d urge wen it approaches...e dey blik heavenly feelings.....##ooooorr huuuh wosh ahhhh##

Oya cum and update...,ppl are waiting

# I can see Some ANO members watching through d window
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by toykathy(f): 10:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Smh 4u, na mess u mess so abi? Btw wetin be ano?
Psalmwise:
try getin a face mask....cos damn I can't resist d urge wen it approaches...e dey blik heavenly feelings.....##ooooorr huuuh wosh ahhhh##

Oya cum and update...,ppl are waiting

# I can see Some ANO members watching through d window

Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
toykathy:
Smh 4u, na mess u mess so abi? Btw wetin be ano?
Asociation of Nairalanders Observers

Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Onemansquad(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Psalmwise:

1st tym wey u go do beta tin grin grin grin

*sits close 2 ritababe *
psalmwise abg pass me dat bread nd beans ma enjoy wit dis chick
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Onemansquad:

1st tym wey u go do beta tin grin grin grin

*sits close 2 ritababe *
psalmwise abg pass me dat bread nd beans ma enjoy wit dis chick
bros sit stil dey front...dat plc nah for ladies only...move to d opposite side

#take bread ...d beans get peper ooo
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Onemansquad(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Psalmwise:
bros sit stil dey front...dat plc nah for ladies only...move to d opposite side

#take bread ...d beans get peper ooo
why i go sit wit guys wen babes dem plenty
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by Psalmwise(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Onemansquad:

why i go sit wit guys wen babes dem plenty
owk...ah dn hear...mak u no go comot weapon for me...,I nvr go update my odeshi...,
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by ritababe(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Psalmwise:

tnks
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by haryomikun(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Following!
Re: Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 by 360musicng(m): 7:06am On Jan 22, 2015
the next episode is coming out next week monday.. thank yall for reading

Ozidi By J.p Clarke / Here's A Story I'm Working On: / Grammar Nazi