Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,618 members, 7,801,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) (32367 Views)

Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured) / The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by ceejay80: 4:50am On Jan 22, 2015
seedorfg:
If its not nigerian man who else, anyway up GMB 20PIPTEN
its not a nigerian man, its ofè mmanù people tarnishing our image abroad.
If na drug trafficking news , u go see all of dem pointing dat their unhealthy fingers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by ceejay80: 4:59am On Jan 22, 2015
akpumping7720:

U well so? Why this tribalistic comment? So has U.K full so, naa only yoruba full there abi?
sidon there
yorubas in uk 70%
uk citizens 20%
other countrys 10%
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Burger01(m): 5:16am On Jan 22, 2015
davdandam:
Eya hard luck. ....by the way heard buharis result is fake. .......hey bros don't even try and quote me. ..yes you angry
Go and dieundecided
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by bettingbad(m): 5:22am On Jan 22, 2015
davdandam:
Eya hard luck. ....by the way heard buharis result is fake. .......hey bros don't even try and quote me. ..yes you angry

Always hearing, was full your eardrum.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 22, 2015
publicenemy:

How is my post tribalistic?

You may wanna reread it.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 22, 2015
free2ryhme:
Look at how a responsible govt uses technology to detect a fraud..

Sir I kinda of disagree though there is some element of truth to it

It was the staff that discovered that the woman's skin was different(the scarring part) & that her blood type was also different!!

that's where they got them

Nigeria can also do this & they have been doing this cut across all sector

Herein lies the difference, the staff could not be bribed to keep their mouth shut but in Nigeria, they collect bribes & the matter dies there

So how do you use technology to control that?

In technology, quality of input determines quality of output, if those staff had collected bribes, we wouldn't have heard of it

Nigeria has rich & robust laws, implementation is the issue & not systems or technology

Eg the automated clearing systems at our port

If I import say a 2008 car & connive with the customs to declare it as a 2001 car, do you know how much I would have cheated the government? is it not what's on paper I'll go pay at the bank

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by tundeayo2020: 6:14am On Jan 22, 2015
UrbanMystique:
ode
thanks
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:23am On Jan 22, 2015
tundeayo2020:
busted... Between yorubas done begin get mind o like we the edos
Why tundeayo?
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by free2ryhme: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2015
solomonslones:

Sir I kinda of disagree though there is some element of truth to it

It was the staff that discovered that the woman's skin was different(the scarring part) & that her blood type was also different!!

that's where they got them

Nigeria can also do this & they have been doing this cut across all sector

Herein lies the difference, the staff could not be bribed to keep their mouth shut but in Nigeria, they collect bribes & the matter dies there

So how do you use technology to control that?

In technology, quality of input determines quality of output, if those staff had collected bribes, we wouldn't have heard of it

Nigeria has rich & robust laws, implementation is the issue & not systems or technology

Eg the automated clearing systems at our port

If I import say a 2008 car & connive with the customs to declare it as a 2001 car, do you know how much I would have cheated the government? is it not what's on paper I'll go pay at the bank

hw many case with similar issue have we solved in this country
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by tundeayo2020: 6:26am On Jan 22, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
Why tundeayo?
why what?
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:28am On Jan 22, 2015
tundeayo2020:
why what?
your username dear? #namesake
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by tundeayo2020: 6:29am On Jan 22, 2015
akpanikpe:

BTW.
B-by
T-the
W-way.
thanks boss, you just saved me from future embarassment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by tundeayo2020: 6:31am On Jan 22, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
your username dear? #namesake
really?
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by LoveMEBaby(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2015
tundeayo2020:
really?
yea babe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by tundeayo2020: 6:59am On Jan 22, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
yea babe
mine is omotunde but my grand mom calls me Ayotunde.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by LoveMEBaby(m): 7:00am On Jan 22, 2015
tundeayo2020:
mine is omotunde but my grand mom calls me Ayotunde.
Mine is Babatunde, but mates call me ayotunde.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by otokx(m): 7:06am On Jan 22, 2015
free2ryhme:
Look at how a responsible govt uses technology to detect a fraud. The Nigerians involved are a product of bad governance back home. If you interview them now, they will tell you how they spent 7 years in university for a 4 year course, not getting a job after graduation, how their parents were not paid pension after 35 years of serving fatherland, how the landlord throw out their belongings due to inability to pay rents and so many odd stories, If the country is well organized, they won't run to a foreign country to be a slave. Most Nigerians abroad are facing hard life due to no fault of theirs. I pity these guys. After serving a jail term they will be deported back to Nigeria in a cargo plane. what a pity.

Nigeria is not as bad as some of you paint it.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by fr3do(m): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2015
free2ryhme:
Look at how a responsible govt uses technology to detect a fraud. The Nigerians involved are a product of bad governance back home. If you interview them now, they will tell you how they spent 7 years in university for a 4 year course, not getting a job after graduation, how their parents were not paid pension after 35 years of serving fatherland, how the landlord throw out their belongings due to inability to pay rents and so many odd stories, If the country is well organized, they won't run to a foreign country to be a slave. Most Nigerians abroad are facing hard life due to no fault of theirs. I pity these guys. After serving a jail term they will be deported back to Nigeria in a cargo plane. what a pity.

Nonsense, Nigeria being bad doesn't warrant them to commit crime.
I hope they don't serve jail time, because a uk native won't for such a small crime.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by chucky234(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2015
coogar:

they got unlucky.....
the name of the child they were trying to use had a prior medical record that did not match the newborn. their genotypes were different too and that was raised the alarm.

it was a foolish thing to do but then if GEJ isn't a möron, there shouldn't be any need for any nigerian to be playing the system. corrupt government breeds corrupt citizens. ladygogo, make sure you go to lagos next month to vote! grin

worry about yourself.....
i can't be caught. my great grandmother and the queen were pen pals.
No say I no tell you
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by baybeeboi: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2015
CityNG:

Are you setting up a new trend? grin
nope!
Am setting down an old trend
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by iwriterng(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2015
The complexity of CCTV in the UK scares me all the time. This is probably unrelated to the topic if you've not been to UK before, but I know what am saying.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Missmossy(f): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2015
Eeyah some Nigerians though undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by akpanikpe(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2015
tundeayo2020:
thanks boss, you just saved me from future embarassment
U are not looking bad either wink mail me ur contact if u can.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Jan 22, 2015
They are all so daft. Did they not realise that NHS keeps medical records?
Adopting child would have been a better course, but stupid mother, she wants to eat her cake and have it !!!!
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by myouri(f): 9:49am On Jan 22, 2015
Chaaaii... N dey keep disgracing Nigeria. Infact..Em moving to China.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by egobetatoday: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2015
this lady only reminds me of Buharis forged results.
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by akpumping7720(m): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2015
ceejay80:

sidon there
yorubas in uk 70%
uk citizens 20%
other countrys 10%
Ok sir. Source?
Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Mekybliss(f): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2015
Some Nigerians : liking free things since nineteen 00

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested For Registering British Couple As Baby’s Parents (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2015
free2ryhme:

hw many case with similar issue have we solved in this country

We don't get to hear about them, because the corrupt officials don't report it

They cover it up

How many armed robber have been let off the hook, just because they bribed the law enforcement agents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Lady: “Every Nigerian Is Frustrated And Likes To Shout” / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria / My Second Week As Bolt Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.