Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment (20573 Views)

The Airtel N50 For 1.5G Has Been Suspended / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / MTN Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Free App Launched,You Can Now Win Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by lalasticlala(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
‘I thought it wasn’t real’-OMOTOLA AKINSOLA (Star Prize Winner)

In an unprecedented manner, the popular award winning game show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? created another stunning special episode that was designed to encourage viewers to surprise someone who has positively influenced their lives and contributed to making them who they are today.

Working within the MTN Season of surprises, the show revealed eight deserving Nigerians from all the nominees sent in by viewers from all walks of life and from all over the country.

The special edition was aired on Sunday, December 21 and December 28, 2014 on Silverbird TV at 6pm and at 8pm on NTA Network, GET TV channel 129 on Startimes, MiTV and Superscreen.

The show revealed the eight deserving contestants from the thousands of regular Nigerians from all walks of life who had been nominated by their sons, brothers, sisters, friends, fathers, teachers, students. The show’s producers observed the response had been unbelievable as its seemed everyone in Nigeria had nominated someone to get the ultimate end surprise of not only sitting on the hot seat to play for N10 million but an additional surprise gift of a N50 million house.

The highest winner on the show so far has been Aroma Ufodike, who won N10 million. However, at the end of the show, Miss Omotola Akinsola emerged winner of the prized N50 million new apartment, while Mrs. Iyabo Dawodu won a brand new wonder on wheels.

In an exclusive chat with ENCOMIUM Weekly they both shared their joyous moment with us.

Can you tell us about yourself?

My name is Omotola Akinsola. I won N250,000 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and also won a house worth N50 million through the special Who Deserves To Be Surprised.

How did you feel about the surprise gift?
I cannot believe it because when I got the call to come over, I was like is this for real? But I decided to move with the flow. And on getting to the studio here in Lagos, I was a bit unsure. I thought I might not be so knowledgeable to get on the hot seat. I was also scared of the fastest fingers first process; I was just hoping I don’t get a heart attack. But thankfully with the help of Mayowa, my friend who nominated me, we skipped through the fastest fingers first and made it to the hot seat where I won N250,000 and the surprise gift of a house worth N50 million which is just really amazing for me.

Did you have any premonition of winning?

When I started jumpstart last year around May, I never imagined that we would move this fast because my belief was start small and grew big. But of course, I wasn’t anticipating this much in less than two years that we started. And I know that this opportunity is not just about the money or house, it’s about networking and having access to people that might have taken me five or more years to gain access to. I’m just really grateful for this opportunity that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire created for me and also MTN, the sponsor of the show.

What’s the lesson this has taught you?

This is a proof of the fact that the quote I believe in is true. It says, “Leadership is not the position you hold but the difference you make wherever you find yourself.” And that was what pushed me to start Jumpstart Academy in the first instance, believing that young people have a say in what happens in this country. We have a contribution to the future of the country. If we don’t invest in ourselves, who else will and that’s the whole idea, to break barriers.

I was tired of hearing people complain of barriers and obstacles and I just wanted to stand in the gap with whatever money or resources that I have to equip and empower people to pursue and achieve their dreams too, and be a success and that’s what Jumpstart Academy is about. That until Nigeria can reach a point where the government can take care of everybody and everybody takes care of each other, we need to keep standing in the gap, helping the helpless and being a voice for the voiceless. And I’m so happy and grateful for this huge platform that enables me do that on a bigger scale. I used to just post videos online but now I get to be on national TV and gain access to more experienced people who can mentor me. So, I am really super excited and thankful to everyone who made this happen, God, Mayowa, my friend, who nominated me and every other person.

Honestly speaking, the N50 million house is huge. I have always wanted to have a house where I can provide shelter for children and also create classrooms for learning. This was meant to be a five or 10 years plan but with this happening now, I am sure the other resources we need to make it function properly would come. I hope it will be a place where more barriers would be broken and possibilities evolve.

‘It’s the last minute miracle of the year’ -IYABO SODIYA-DAWODU

Can you tell us about yourself?

I am Mrs Iyabo Sodiya-Dawodu. I won a car in the Who Deserves To Be Surprised special.

How did you feel?

When it started and my dad told me, I told him it’s all a lie and that it’s one of the 419 promos at the end of the year. And that in fact, we have been warned on TV and radio that it’s end of the year and we should beware of fraudsters. But, as I later got a call from Ultima Studios I became slightly convinced. So, winning this car is in fact the last minute miracle of 2014. It’s a big surprise. Although I have a car, I have never owned a tear-rubber car. Thus, this is a big surprise and I thank God for it. Whenever I watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, I’d always taken it as a game of chance because of the fastest finger first. So I couldn’t even believe it when they called my name as the fastest for my round for the hot seat. I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to MTN, sponsors of this show. To Ultima, the organizers of this programme for making it a reality and I pray that God will continue to prosper them. Amen.

-DOLAPO AMODENI

http://encomium.ng/mtn-who-deserves-to-be-a-millionaire-winner-pockets-n50-million-apartment/

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by xpac01(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
MTN trying hard to make us believe their true lies. 2013 was aeroplane 2014 was house and car, 2015 will be an oil refinery. . . Nice massage from the fake house winner tho.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by priscaoge(f): 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Congrats Young Lady!!!!

4 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by AutosBay(m): 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
It is well, I just hope other dying network like visafone adopts this.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by englishmart(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
another staged winner..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by tonididdy(m): 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Omg
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Nutase: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
grin
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Krest3d: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Unbelieveable
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by thiefnubu(m): 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
MTN Bonanzas everywhere embarassed

But I am yet to physically meet anyone, or even someone who has met someone who has met someone who knows someone who has truly won anything substantial from MTN cry

MTN, please are all these your promo winners Ghosts? ......

20 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by thorpido(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
englishmart:
another staged winner..
this is one show I can testify is not staged.

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by kandrus: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fake network..all these figures they keep calling up and down,robbing Peter to pay Paul
With exorbitant call tariffs and fake call back ringback tunes

7 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by simdam500(m): 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
cheesy
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Krasid(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
Congrats to the winner.
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by parrotibaba(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
50million apartment? why not in cash? angry na must to leave in d apartment?

4 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by BJ4REEL(m): 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Another arrangee promo

4 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by seangy4konji: 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
Must be day kain cloth weh Jim careh wear for him film weh he fit bring out baxooka from breast pocket abi how person pocket 50 million apartment for pocket?

Even baba sala pocket no fit reach to pocket am. He pocket apartment. Goodluck Jonathan don make am easy to pocket 100 billion and no one will know.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Medunah: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Happpy for her
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Akosbaba(m): 1:07am On Jan 21, 2015
Was there in the studio,beautiful girl that Lola is.the guy wey nominate am just dey famz

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by JohnieWalker(m): 2:46am On Jan 21, 2015
I knw say it go hit front page....bt na waoh o...50 milla mtn y na
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Dahjhi: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Tinubu:

BUT, WHY DON'T I STILL TRUST MTN ? .... THEY ARE NOTORIOUS FOR GIVING LITTLE WITH ONE HAND AND TAKING MUCH WITH THE OTHERundecided
you can say that again

2 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Is that show still on?

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by jingh(f): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Mtn

they will deduct the money from all of us with their dubious means.

MTN stealing from us and giving back 39% since their existence.
rocking my etisalat jare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Maczeelly(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Good2Know
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by martincbarton: 8:43am On Jan 21, 2015
shocked

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by freshness2020: 8:44am On Jan 21, 2015
Nice story!
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2015
xpac01:
MTN trying hard to make us believe their true lies. 2013 was aeroplane 2014 was house and car, 2015 will be an oil refinery.. Nice massage from the house winner tho.
u speak my mind

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by Oildichotomy(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2015
No matter the hatred towards MTN.

Those guys still hold Nigeria subscribers by the Balls

What a painful reality grin

Edited

The guy below me took weed this morning
Don't mind him, Just scroll past

5 Likes

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by oremisussan: 8:45am On Jan 21, 2015
Anyone who thinks PDP as a party had no hand in Fayose's advert needs a rethink.

That message is the party's position; they only needed a safe vehicle to drive the message with.

Fayose is standing no election anytime soon; so he was contacted and believe me, the chap got plentifully rewarded for yielding the clarion call.

Like any news in Nigeria, the lifespan is only 72 hours. One bomb blast somewhere and Fayose becomes a lesser selling story for the media.

Whether we like it or love it, Fayose will be a distinguished senator in 2019. Aren't we those people with short memories?
He comes to take beer in our neighborhood, buys roasted corn from our mum's friend, and he's gets our priceless mandate... yet again.

Our suffering just start

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by AJOT99(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by peeberry2(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2015
congrat to u sister
Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by zeezboy(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2015
Hmm,,

1 Like

Re: MTN Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire Winner Pockets N50 Million Apartment by XSCOBER2: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2015
kennygee:
Is that show still on?

Yes but in my house

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Itel P40: Designs Specification And Price / 10 Signs You’re Probably Addicted To Your Smartphone (no 5 Will Amaze You) / Get 9mobile 1gb Data For Just N200 Or Get 5gb For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.