Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,154 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2302082 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1091) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johndarey(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gud afternun house...will nid 2 travel 2 canada from Nigeria on a 7-day summit in August, 2015. Now i want 2 ask what the cost of obtaining the visa is likely to be. Thank you.

modified

Pls ignore dis request. Tnx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
royal1989:
@justwise
please i need your urgent reply; i was recently denial a norway vocational resident permit on the following grounds:

the directorate of immigration believes that the applicant does not have the necessary ties to his country of origin in order to be granted a permit.

the applicant comes from a country with great potential for emigration.reference is made to the economic and social conditions in the applicant's home country. further,the applicant is young,unmarried and without children.

the applicant has not documented a particular connection to norway.

please i plan to appeal the case but i do not know to go about this

This is a wrong thread. You can open one for Norway if you can't find an existing one.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guyman2(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
justwise:

This is a wrong thread. You can open one for Norway if you can't find an existing one.

@justwise

Kindly help out on my inquiry.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johndarey(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Dear all,
will be goin 4 a conference in canada for which all expenses except visa application fee will be paid by the organizing body. Now trying to apply for visa, proof of financial resource of supporter and proof of means of financial support was asked for. My question nw is, will proof of financial resource of supporter cover for the two requests? If not, how do i go about the proof of means of financial support? will a statement of account from a Nigerian bank do? Since it is a week program, what is the minimum amount i will need 2 have in my bank account?

Tnx
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2015
johndarey:
Dear all,
will be goin 4 a conference in canada for which all expenses except visa application fee will be paid by the organizing body. Now trying to apply for visa, proof of financial resource of supporter and proof of means of financial support was asked for. My question nw is, will proof of financial resource of supporter cover for the two requests? If not, how do i go about the proof of means of financial support? will a statement of account from a Nigerian bank do? Since it is a week program, what is the minimum amount i will need 2 have in my bank account?

Tnx

Are you working at the moment and if yes is your company sponsoring the conference?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2015
guyman2:
Dear all,

I have never travelled out of Nigeria before and the farthest I have gone from Lagos is Abuja for a friend's wedding.

I intend to take my 21 working days vacation effective August 01, 2015 and I would like to vist Canada. I have no relative or friend there and even if I have, I hate to disturb people.

I work for a Commercial Bank here in Nigeria with origin in South Africa. This is my third year in the organization and I am a confirmed employee with monthly net pay of over #300k. I equally have #1.2m in my staff current account. My bank can write reference letter to the embassy.

I have a wife and a beautiful daughter and one car here in Lagos and also own an inherited plot of land (no title documents) with an uncompleted building nearing roofing in my village.

I intend to travel alone for that period and come back to my job and family after the vacation. Kindly advise me of my chances and the points I would have to emphasize and downplay in my application.

Many thanks

Your net salary is good, you don't need to have relative or friend to be able to get a tourist visa you can book hotel accommodation.

You need to submit 6months bank statement(salary account), your current account and your payslip.

Your marriage certificate, family pictures, proof of accommodation, if you have properties you can include their papers, same case with car if you have any.

You also need to state places you tend to visit while in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guyman2(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

Your net salary is good, you don't need to have relative or friend to be able to get a tourist visa you can book hotel accommodation.

You need to submit 6months bank statement(salary account), your current account and your payslip.

Your marriage certificate, family pictures, proof of accommodation, if you have properties you can include their papers, same case with car if you have any.

You also need to state places you tend to visit while in Canada.

Thank you so much justwise, I have been waiting for your response.

The visa process, is it something I can personally handle or give it to a travel firm that has been disturbing me?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2015
guyman2:

The visa process, is it something I can personally handle or give it to a travel firm that has been disturbing me?

Thank you.

Why would you hand over all your personal details to a complete stranger just to complete a form for you? Anything is criminally possible.

Completing visa application form will take you less than an hour, a lot of info online if you got stuck anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2015
guyman2:

Thank you.

you can do it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guyman2(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

Why would you hand over all your personal details to a complete stranger just to complete a form for you? Anything is criminally possible.

Completing visa application form will take you less than an hour, a lot of info online if you got stuck anywhere.

Thanks Bro!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johndarey(m): 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
justwise:

Are you working at the moment and if yes is your company sponsoring the conference?
Nt working...a fresh graduate. Association of Commonwelth Universities (ACU) z sponsoring it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
johndarey:
Dear all,

Tnx

If the organisation is paying for everything apart from the visa application then your parent can take care of that.

Are you invited with somebody else or just you? Any bank statement you will be presenting has to be in your name or your parents.

The only problem here is that you are not working and not a student.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arixreal: 7:30am On Jun 12, 2015
My fellow nairalandlander it has been 5 months now that I have apply for Canada visiting visa online but now I have not see any response up till date please advise me on what to do.
If I track the application it will show still
Processing at Canada embassy in lagos . I did my biometric Jan 28 till now no response
all the people that apply after me has receive their application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tgud3: 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
Please house, I have a Canadian girl friend which we have been dating for 3yrs now, she wants to come to Nigeria so that we can get married but I don't know the process she needs to take to get here, she's afraid they might not let her travel down here please advice me on what to do . thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cutelukz: 12:36am On Jun 13, 2015
I'm in your shoes also. I'm a pending us immigrant so I wana go to canada so my sis n mum can come see me there. Have you applied yet
veecee29:
Hi guys,my husband and I are planning a vacation in Canada.However,I will be d only in need of a Canadian visa because my husband is a U.S citizen.He will be flying from U.S while I will be flying from Nigeria should the Visa be issued.I have a good job in Nigeria,a pending U.S immigrant visa application but no travel history.Please I need to know my chances of getting the Canadian visa and also how best to package my application.
Thanks in anticipation of ur positive response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
RetailCity01:

Base on my own experience I apply to attend a 4 days conference in toronto and also indicate that I will also be visiting some interesting place metion during dis period making total no of 10day for d journey. But to my suprise I was issue 2yrs Visa indicating visit and business.This may be due to my little travel histor but they can give more than that from what I found out depending on when your passport expired.

Plz,can you pm me how you wrote you sop.plz.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ADEMOLAAAUA: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pls I applied for a visitor visa to canada and my application is 3wks now,wen I track it,is always showing still processing at the canada office contact VAC for more details,pls can someone gve me VAC phone number or Email,advise pls.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pampem: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
ADEMOLAAAUA:
Pls I applied for a visitor visa to canada and my application is 3wks now,wen I track it,is always showing still processing at the canada office contact VAC for more details,pls can someone gve me VAC phone number or Email,advise pls.

Accra.immigration@international.gc.ca 

Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Remember to add your App No, date of birth and Passport No.‎
Please revert if you get any response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ADEMOLAAAUA: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Have sent them an email,just got an automated response that my enquiry would be looked into.Thanks I do appreciate ur response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temidunmomi(m): 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hello all house, please I need way out. I have a canadian daughter she is presently here in nigeria with me. Can we migrate to canada and if yes what are the steps I need to take.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 22, 2015
temidunmomi:
Hello all house, please I need way out. I have a canadian daughter she is presently here in nigeria with me. Can we migrate to canada and if yes what are the steps I need to take.
Your daughter can sponsor you to Canada as a PR when she is 18 aslong as the current rules still remains.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arixreal: 5:14am On Jun 28, 2015
Bobola86:

Did u check your cic account regularly for mail or updates?
I check it severally Notting is there

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iwewale(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Please I just want to confirm if it's true that canada does not necessarily give 6 months visa to first timer again but a multiple visa depending on the validity of your passport. For instance if you have 3 years remaining for ur passport to expire you will be given 3 years visa that will exit the same day your passport expire though I read this online but would like to confirm if it's applicable to Nigerians also or is it Indians Mexico etc that can benefit from this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lucky032(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
RedCapChief:

It is an enviable aspiration to aim to travel to Canada. However, let me use this forum to appeal to all prospective travellers. Do not travel into a country with a Visitor's Visa and then hope to 'regularise'(?) your stay. I don't know about other countries, but about Canada, it will not work. Visitor's visa is for Visiting.
Travel Agents will tell you anything to collect your money. That is their job. There are some lovely internet forums (NL travel section included) that can aid you in your quest. If you are literate enough to write on NL, you are literate enough to log on to cic.gc.ca and get information. When my family started the Canadian PR application in 2011, the number of agents used was zero, the amount of extraneous money paid out was also zero. There were many confusing moments but thank God for good Nigerians on internet forums.

In all, get the proper information and don't throw away your money on someone who is promising what he can not give.

What if you get someone to marry legally?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedCapChief(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
lucky032:

What if you get someone to marry legally?

If you marry a Canadian, the individual can file for you

If you are a common law partner of a Canadian (r/ship for > 12 months), you have a legal pathway to citizenship

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Perotti: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hello guys, what's the min days for processing of Canadian visit visa? And what's d min number of months/years for the visa issued?
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jaydee1985: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
ozzy2:

tanks so much. my conference is 4 days but did not mention I will be visiting other places cos I actually won't visit any other place or person. hope it won't be of any disadvantage to me? I also have been to usa and Europe.
............................................................................... Pls house advice needed . I submitted my tourist visa application at vfs 20th of May and slready book ticket to travel 13th of July .submited my landed document and street naming document .bank statement with 3million my wife 900 k and we both going for honeymoon.sent marriage certificate and wedding pics with .pls house why the delay ? Been to China and dubia for travel history but wife passport is Virgin .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crowee(m): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
i applied for canadian visa on 4th june, till now no reply, im meant to travel next week friday. what should i do? should i call vsf? I travel alot ad i lived in canada as a student on legal documents for 3 years; im just going to visit my sister who is a legal worker there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bimbofela: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
post=35670116:
i applied for canadian visa on 4th june, till now no reply, im meant to travel next week friday. what should i do? should i call vsf? I travel alot ad i lived in canada as a student on legal documents for 3 years; im just going to visit my sister who is a legal worker there.

I don't think there's anything vfs can do abt it. Deres a link Ademola sent a mail to confirm his own processing. It's on dis same page. Just send CIC a mail. Hopefully you might get a response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ADEMOLAAAUA: 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
@ bimbo,i called vfs today and they request for my tracking number,and few mins later she confirmed that it's still in processing at the canada visa office in lagos. I spoke with an immigration Lawyer today,he confirmed the period used for processing a visitor visa is longer and nothing less than 54days because they now issue visa according to your passport Validity and mostly a multiple entry. Let's keep the Prayer and Fasting rolling,our patience would not be in Vain,we would all give testimonies by God grace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1091) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Terminalia(f), donteebalo(m), Jokky001 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.