Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2249300 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Smile4mee01: 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
I must say, it's looking tougher by the day to get into canada.

Apologies if my question is off point. But I am just a little worried

I have been waiting for admission into university in canada for months now. I am thinking is it possible to get a Canada tourist visa, get in there and convert it to Study VISA. This is because it does take a long time to get visa approved from nigeria. I hear a decision on one's application is reached within days abroad. Why is Nigeria so different?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
Update Anyone ��
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 3:00am On Sep 21, 2017
scaezar:
Update Anyone ��

my friend's mother submitted her application via paper root on June 23rd and got a mail today September 20th that her processed application has been dispatched, hopefully she will get her passport on Thursday or Friday because she paid for courier services.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hi guys
I am currently in the Uk now
And they are yet to decide on my application, its 3 month now.
I don wait tire

My question is. ..
In case my application is approved and am asked to submit my passport
Can i submit it while in Uk or i jst have to come back to naija to do that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Devaughn:
Hi guys
I am currently in the Uk now
And they are yet to decide on my application, its 3 month now.
I don wait tire

My question is. ..
In case my application is approved and am asked to submit my passport
Can i submit it while in Uk or i jst have to come back to naija to do that.

You don't need to come back. You can submit there. Get an email from Accra authorizing you to submit in the UK and attach it to your passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
mesh2003:

Oh! Thanks alot

You don't need to come back. You can submit there. Get an email from Accra authorizing you to submit in the UK and attach it to your passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2017
ogbenibayo:

Same here...June 15th and no update

Bros, anything yet?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by quinine24: 8:49am On Sep 22, 2017
My Visa process has been refused,i was to attend a conference on 15th of October this year, unfortunately the result come negative they refused to offer me with the main reason that my travel history is not good.
Pleas Guru's,advice me,i have just left with three weeks before the conference date,what can i do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Epoh4: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Good morning.

Is there anyone that applied in May that is yet to get a response from CIC?

I submitted my application in May and I am still waiting. Very sad!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
GOOD MORNING !!

PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, HOW LONG THOSE IT TAKE TO CANADIAN TOURIST VISA TO BE ISSUE?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Solitin40: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
Yesterday my dad received a mail that his passport is ready for collection but we don't live in Lagos and I saw a part on the FAQs of the website that courier can pick it on my behalf but I want to know how to go about it

Also you know the call center number for VFS Nigeria please quote me the one on their website is not connecting

✌�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bgleo2002: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
I submitted my application online on the 1st of June and had my bio-metrics done on the 3rd of June 2017. Its way pass their 99days applications processing time as per their website and yet no information from them. I have read of some people who submitted on a later date in June receiving notifications of approval or denial. I would appreciate anyone with a superior knowledge of how the Canadian Visa process works to let me know why some applications are being delayed more than the others. Thanks in anticipation.. Cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Epoh4: 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Solitin40:
Yesterday my dad received a mail that his passport is ready for collection but we don't live in Lagos and I saw a part on the FAQs of the website that courier can pick it on my behalf but I want to know how to go about it

Also you know the call center number for VFS Nigeria please quote me the one on their website is not connecting

Their number is 08150199900
✌�

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Epoh4: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
bgleo2002:
I submitted my application online on the 1st of June and had my bio-metrics done on the 3rd of June 2017. Its way pass their 99days applications processing time as per their website and yet no information from them. I have read of some people who submitted on a later date in June receiving notifications of approval or denial. I would appreciate anyone with a superior knowledge of how the Canadian Visa process works to let me know why some applications are being delayed more than the others. Thanks in anticipation.. Cheers

Honestly, I don't understand them. I submitted my application since May 26th, did biometrics June 3rd. Still waiting too.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hello house, not been here in a long while. So I finally got my passport request today since March 21, I'm in d US at d moment, and I read somewhere that I can get authorization from Accra to get my visa here.

Anyway, for those still waiting, don't give up, waited 6months and still got it.

Good luck to everyone waiting

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dandeedadrunk(m): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
Meggito:
Hello house, not been here in a long while. So I finally got my passport request today since March 21, I'm in d US at d moment, and I read somewhere that I can get authorization from Accra to get my visa here.

Anyway, for those still waiting, don't give up, waited 6months and still got it.

I'm also in USA. Pls explain how you did the application. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
I appreciate everyone here. I.have learnt a lot and this has guided my application. Applied with my family on 7th July and on 20th Sept, i got a mail to pick up our passports.
Upon receipt of our passports,my people, this is the situation i found myself. I applied for a TRV with my wife and son but shockingly, myself and my son were denied while my wife was granted 2yrs. Interestingly, there was no letter stating the grounds for my refusal likewise that of my son(4 yrs old). This is curious and shocking? Doesn’t this look like an error because every denial must come with a letter stating the basis of refusal. Mine nor my son did not come back with any letter. It was just my passport and my receipt. Note that I was the principal applicant and all funds were in my account. My wife didn’t even submit her bank statement or pay slips. My people, kindly analyse this and advise on the way forward.Who can explain this to me as I can’t phantom the reasoning behind the action of Canadian High Commission.What next can i do?

These were our supporting documents

My self

Expired International passport with entry and exit stamps for United Kingdom (once) and an expired 6 months United Kingdom Visa with another expired 2 year United Kingdom Visa
United Arab Emirate Visa with Entry and Exit Stamps
Expired United States of America(USA) 2 years Visa with Entry and Exit Stamps
Valid United States of America (USA) 2years Visa
Used Boarding passes on Delta Airline Flight to United States of America.

My wife

United Arab Emirate Entry Visa with Entry and Exit Stamps
Expired United States of America 2 years Visa with Entry and Exit stamps
Valid United States of America 2 years Visa

My Son

Expired United States of America 2years Visa with Entry and Exit stamps
Valid United States of America Visa

Other supporting Documents

5 Months Statement of Account (Current Account)-(CAD$ 27000)
5Months Statement of Account (Savings)
Letter of appointment from Employer
Letter of promotion from Employer
My wife’s Letter of Appointment /Confirmation of appointment
My Pension fund statement of account
Statement of purpose showing purpose or travel, evidence of financial capability and places of interest to visit.
My 6 Months Payslips
Copies of my Tax Card
2 Copies of Deed of Assignment for my properties
Copies of training certificates
Letter of invitation from my host
Copy of the permanent resident card of my host and his wife
Copy of Certificate of Title to property belonging to my host and wife
Copy of 2017 Property Tax Bill of my host and wife
Copy of the data page of the International passport of my host and wife
Flight reservation
GCMS NOTES of my first refusal and a letter addressing the grounds.
Copy of my work identification card with Complimentary card
Copy of our son's birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Copy of my son’s school identity card
Copy of my Tax Clearance with Tax Card
Copy of our Marriage Certificate
Copy of my wife’s work identity card
Building plan Approvals
Wife’s Sworn Affidavit of Change of Name
Newspaper publication of Wife’s change of name
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Good evening gurus!!

Am travelling to the UK come December but I want to apply for Canadian visa. My question is this

Can I apply for Canadian visa without submitting my passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 8:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
I applied before leaving Nigeria, I just read on a platform that I can request authorization to get my visa here in the states instead of going back to naija first, don't know how true tho.

quote author=Dandeedadrunk post=60728741]

I'm also in USA. Pls explain how you did the application. Thanks [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kirikiri100: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
passionup:
I appreciate everyone here. I.have learnt a lot and this has guided my application. Applied with my family on 7th July and on 20th Sept, i got a mail to pick up our passports.
Upon receipt of our passports,my people, this is the situation i found myself. I applied for a TRV with my wife and son but shockingly, myself and my son were denied while my wife was granted 2yrs. Interestingly, there was no letter stating the grounds for my refusal likewise that of my son(4 yrs old). This is curious and shocking? Doesn’t this look like an error because every denial must come with a letter stating the basis of refusal. Mine nor my son did not come back with any letter. It was just my passport and my receipt. Note that I was the principal applicant and all funds were in my account. My wife didn’t even submit her bank statement or pay slips. My people, kindly analyse this and advise on the way forward.Who can explain this to me as I can’t phantom the reasoning behind the action of Canadian High Commission.What next can i do?

My self

Expired International passport with entry and exit stamps for United Kingdom (once) and an expired 6 months United Kingdom Visa with another expired 2 year United Kingdom Visa

My wife

My Son

Statement of purpose showing purpose or travel, evidence of financial capability and places of interest to visit.
My 6 Months Payslips
Copies of my Tax Card
Flight reservation
Marriage Certificate
Building plan Approvals

Too much of documents can cause confusion, are you applying visa to heaven? This is too much.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Devaughn: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
kirikiri100:

Perfect documents
Look u should submit any documents u feel is going to help u. There's no such thing TOO MUCH DOCUMENTS!

Too much of documents can cause confusion, are you applying visa to heaven? This is too much.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kirikiri100: 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
[quote author=Devaughn post=60735528][/quote]
And what has he got from that?
Denied!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2017
Meggito:

Send an email to Accra and ask if you can submit your passport in the US. Attach your US visa, exit and entry stamp to the email. I did that for my mum and they replied that I could. She printed and attached the email from them, her passport and the request for passport letter and submitted in the UK. You will pay some fee in the US office cos you didn't do your bio-metrics there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
oseodile:
Good evening gurus!!

Am travelling to the UK come December but I want to apply for Canadian visa. My question is this

Can I apply for Canadian visa without submitting my passport?

If you do online application then you don't need to submit your passport and you can submit your passport in the UK if your visa is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 12:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 12:22am On Sep 23, 2017
Thank you

If you do online application then you don't need to submit your passport and you can submit your passport in the UK if your visa is approved.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oseodile: 12:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Thank you for your prompt reply. Secondly, if am doing an online application will I have to upload my visas as travelling history?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Thanks

mesh2003:

Send an email to Accra and ask if you can submit your passport in the US. Attach your US visa, exit and entry stamp to the email. I did that for my mum and they replied that I could. She printed and attached the email from them, her passport and the request for passport letter and submitted in the UK. You will pay some fee in the US office cos you didn't do your bio-metrics there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dandeedadrunk:

Presently in New Jersey. Would love to apply for Tourist Visa. Plan to travel with my wife,but she's in Nigeria. I'm a bit confused on better way to apply. I sent you PM sir. I want you to explain few things to me. I brought up this subject of discussion.

From New Jersey. Sir kindly reply your PM. Thanks
Ask me any question here on this page. We can all share our views here. No one is Mr. No all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy4tope(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
Grace
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
passionup:

My self

My wife

My Son

My 6 Months Payslips
Copies of my Tax Card
Flight reservation
Marriage Certificate
Building plan Approvals
passionup:

My self

My wife

My Son

My 6 Months Payslips
Copies of my Tax Card
Flight reservation
Marriage Certificate
Building plan Approvals
@ passionup: this is surprising, you can copy and paste your experience again for the gurus like Jawa, justwise, awelekiti and others to read and advise your better on what to do.
I don't see anything wrong in all the documents you submitted.They are necessary and on point. I don't believe too much of docs can cause your denial either.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
kirikiri100:

Your response is the same as your name.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1072) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: houstin2020, AussieJoan, williamszooh, Confirm4real(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.