Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304056 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sleekier(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2017
Pls, I want to apply through paper route. Please oh, am I supposed to submit original copies of my documents? Like employment letter, birth certificate, leave approval letter and d rest.
What if any of them get missing.

Pls, I need an explanation on this.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sleekier(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2017
What are the documents to submit original apart from the Int. Passport and statement of Account
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
justwise:

1. She can get both

2. It doesn't matter.

3. Letter from her company(detailing her position and how the conference will be beneficiary to the company) , her employment letter, conference details, her bank statement and payslips(As a home tie)

1.Is this the first time her company is sending somebody for such conference?

2. Well known company?

3. Does she have travel history?

4. On a good or above salary?

Thank you very much.

1. Yes it is the first time the company is attending the conference

2. It's an averagely known Oil and Gas Company

3. Yes she has travel history.

4. Her salary is N203,820.64
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olayinkamentor(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
justwise:
[/b]
1. Do you work or run a business in Nigeria?
2. What is your monthly take-home income?
3. What is your budget for the trip?
Yeah I work and my take home is 100+ a month and my budgets for the trip is 750k
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
olayinkamentor:

Yeah I work and my take home is 100+ a month and my budgets for the trip is 750k

Dear olayinkamentor, i am sorry for your visa refusal. i have had one and i know how sad it can be especially if your intentions are good. in my opinion, the VO was direct and expressed that s/he wasnt satisfied with your financing. the budget for your trip is way too high in relation to your income and this is truly not fair to your circumstance here in Nigeria. lets assume you earn 150k a month and you can save out 50%(75k) monthly. it will take you a whooping 10 months to save the money for this trip. no VO will issue this visa unless there are other sources of money like a business. understand that even though you can save up and pay for this trip, you can not afford it. this will make a VO wonder if you plan to return as you are committing so much to this trip and its all for pleasure.
take your time, save some money, invest more and expand your portfolio and you shall have a better and stronger case next time.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2017
Chelda:

Thank you very much.

1. Yes it is the first time the company is attending the conference

2. It's an averagely known Oil and Gas Company

3. Yes she has travel history.

4. Her salary is N203,820.64

Her salary is not bad, she can give it a go and see what happens
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2017
olayinkamentor:

They made the right decision, spending more than 5months of your salary in few weeks is a problem.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2017
sKeetz:

You people can be unnecessaryly mean sometimes

Or is it just the normal ass licking of white people undecided

You hate truth! And I like the way haters of truth are being punished with TRUTH....

Who knows who here that "ass-licking" even makes it into your thought process on this matter at all? Hopefully the person involved learns one or two things from the truth said and improves with time in the journey of visa application.

A few of us stayed off visa application for as much as ten years just to build something concrete and got our visas approved on first attempt thereafter! So, be less bitter, and encourage things being done the right time and way. Regards

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
@OmoBendel24

Sorry that i have to hide some of your replies, your first reply was enough there is no point wasting your energy on non-issue.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ogbenibayo: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
scaezar:

Bros, anything yet?

Bro nothing yet o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Her salary is not bad, she can give it a go and see what happens

Ok thanks for the assistance. I will give you feedback with good news hopefully grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:
@OmoBendel24

Sorry that i have to hide some of your replies, your first reply was enough there is no point wasting your energy on non-issue.

Okay, boss.... No qualms at all!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

1. Do you work or run a business in Nigeria?

2. What is your monthly take-home income?

3. What is your budget for the trip?
'Sir im in a similar situation. I want to apply and i believe i have to be thorough . i run a business that has been registered since 2012 but i have never for once paid tax, do i need tax clearance?. Secondly my account accumulation for four months is 7m plus but in my business account not personal account, is this sufficient for tourist visa. Lastly what should be my Budget for the trip , should it be in Naira , USD or CAD, what should be the minimum. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seckleymarvin: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
Has anyone been able to appeal their refusal successfully? I spoke with an immigration lawyer about our refusal and she thinks every document submitted is in check and we should appeal. She sounds optimistic. I'm giving it a try. Has anyone gone this route successfully?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 12:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Seckleymarvin:
Has anyone been able to appeal their refusal successfully? I spoke with an immigration lawyer about our refusal and she thinks every document submitted is in check and we should appeal. She sounds optimistic. I'm giving it a try. Has anyone gone this route successfully?
I have not gone through the process but i have asked an immigration lawyer in Canada about someone can against visa denial and he said yes, it can be appealed in the high court.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:39am On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

'Sir im in a similar situation. I want to apply and i believe i have to be thorough . i run a business that has been registered since 2012 but i have never for once paid tax, do i need tax clearance?. Secondly my account accumulation for four months is 7m plus but in my business account not personal account, is this sufficient for tourist visa. Lastly what should be my Budget for the trip , should it be in Naira , USD or CAD, what should be the minimum. Thanks in anticipation

1. yes you need a tax clearance so as to separate net income from gross net income.

Its not always about having huge amount in your account, you need to support that amount with evidence of the source.

2. You need to draw the budget for the trip that will give you an idea about the amount suitable for your trip. Your budget will be in CAD. Nothing like minimum or maximum about to have in your account, it will depend on your budget for the trip and the strength of your income
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2017
justwise:

1. yes you need a tax clearance so as to separate net income from gross net income.

Its not always about having huge amount in your account, you need to support that amount with evidence of the source.

2. You need to draw the budget for the trip that will give you an idea about the amount suitable for your trip. Your budget will be in CAD. Nothing like minimum or maximum about to have in your account, it will depend on your budget for the trip and the strength of your income

I really appreciate your response.
First question how does the tax clearance separate gross income from net income?

I’m really surprised that I need tax clearance for visiting Canada for a few days. With that said. This tax clearance thing is it the FIRS tax clearance or the tax receipt we pay to the government- I mean those payments made through proxy’s that come to our offices. I hope I laid my question out right
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 9:34am On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

First question how does the tax clearance separate gross income from net income?

I’m really surprised that I need tax clearance for visiting Canada for a few days. With that said. This tax clearance thing is it the FIRS tax clearance or the tax receipt we pay to the government- I mean those payments made through proxy’s that come to our offices. I hope I laid my question out right

Good question, I know many times here many of us talk about tax clearance/certificate which is confusing sometimes.. let me put it this way..

The 7m in your account is not a net profit, it's your gross profit which needs to be taxed so as to know your actual take home profit.

Your tax clearance/certificate shows that and it also show the state of your business which will indicate whether you will be able to afford the trip to Canada.

You don't spend your gross profit on leisure trip, you spend your net profit leaving you with your gross profit to keep your business running and it also serves as your tie to Nigeria.

If you present the 7m as a business man how will the VO know how much out of that 7m is your gross or net profit?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

I think by submitting your company account statement and personal account statement will do. But personal account should have enough money
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
justwise:

Good question, I know many times here many of us talk about tax clearance/certificate which is confusing sometimes.. let me put it this way..

The 7m in your account is not a net profit, it's your gross profit which needs to be taxed so as to know your actual take home profit.

Your tax clearance/certificate shows that and it also show the state of your business which will indicate whether you will be able to afford the trip to Canada.

You don't spend your gross profit on leisure trip, you spend your net profit leaving you with your gross profit to keep your business running and it also serves as your tie to Nigeria.

If you present the 7m as a business man how will the VO know how much out of that 7m is your gross or net profit?

Okay. .... But come to think of it. If I have a gross of x naira how would tax .... I'm confused sef
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 6:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
justwise:

My business is not a Limited Liability Company its an enterprise oo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

My business is not a Limited Liability Company its an enterprise oo

It doesn't matter you still have to pay business income tax
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

Okay. .... But come to think of it. If I have a gross of x naira how would tax .... I'm confused sef

Contact the tax man for that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
bigcil2:

@bigcil2, while including your coy tax clearance further strengthens your application, I don't think it is compulsorily a necessity because I did not include it in mine and was approved recently. If you have it, use it. If you don't have it, then don't sweat it.

However, I must also stress that you shouldn't be looking to use funds inside your company account as your only proof of funds. While the company statement of account shows your source of income, I think they don't expect you to mix biz with pleasure, so you should have a personal account for your personal expenses. It is of my opinion that it is better to support your application with a personal statement of account with substantial amount that can cover for your trip and even leave good cushion(as they don't expect you to spend all you have on a one week trip). Except this is a business trip, I don't think your company account as only proof of financial capability can fly. Just my thoughts and from what worked for me.

Do your homework before applying please.

Goodluck.

justwise:

@bigcil2, you have a very good response here by @justwise. Thats why I believe supporting your application with a personal bank statement(sufficient enough for trip and extra) will clear the VO's worry about gross/net et al.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigcil2(m): 6:29am On Nov 19, 2017
justwise:

It doesn't matter you still have to pay business income tax

All I can say is Thank You for your time. You guys are trying. Doing this for free is selfless... God bless you. As it is I’ll send in my personal and business account and State clearly in my letter how my business is run also stating how much I’ve earmarked for the trip. Do I need to book a flight and hotel accommodation?

manlikegb:

@bigcil2, while including your coy tax clearance further strengthens your application, I don't think it is compulsorily a necessity because I did not include it in mine and was approved recently. If you have it, use it. If you don't have it, then don't sweat it.

However, I must also stress that you shouldn't be looking to use funds inside your company account as your only proof of funds. While the company statement of account shows your source of income, I think they don't expect you to mix biz with pleasure, so you should have a personal account for your personal expenses. It is of my opinion that it is better to support your application with a personal statement of account with substantial amount that can cover for your trip and even leave good cushion(as they don't expect you to spend all you have on a one week trip). Except this is a business trip, I don't think your company account as only proof of financial capability can fly. Just my thoughts and from what worked for me.

Do your homework before applying please.

Goodluck.

@bigcil2, you have a very good response here by @justwise. Thats why I believe supporting your application with a personal bank statement(sufficient enough for trip and extra) will clear the VO's worry about gross/net et al.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goldenegg: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Good day my beloved people.
I submitted my online application on 10th October, 2017.
Did biometrics on 11th October, 2017
I just got an email for original passport request today, 19th November, 2017.

My question is, if I submit my passport, how long would it take to receive it back?

My gurus and expert in the house, please respond. Thank you very much in advance.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Goldenegg: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Goldenegg:
Good day my beloved people.
I submitted my online application on 10th October, 2017.
Did biometrics on 11th October, 2017
I just got an email for original passport request today, 19th November, 2017.

My question is, if I submit my passport, how long would it take to receive it back?

My gurus and expert in the house, please respond. Thank you very much in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dgov(m), Readwan, uchee(f), wencius4u, MaximiSilva and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.